• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning

What are you looking forward to doing in 2023?

• Playing video games

Votes: 82 65.6%
  • Talking about video games

Votes: 43 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look on the bright side… keep it up for a year and you’ll become Bonejacked

Me:
51nBFOCALnL._AC_.jpg

vs. the guy who doesn't Ring Fit:
anhstormtrooper2.jpg

But in the end, we both can't hit anything.

Man, I freaking love Twilight Princess. Going through this game for like, a fifth time and I’m reminded how much I adore it. It feels so dang cinematic in presentation for a Nintendo game, and the dungeon design fills me with endorphins.

I also love how this is like, one of the few Zelda games where I feel like it’s not just Link and 3 other people. The game feels populated and alive, like it has a community. I just love this game!

Man, I freaking love Twilight Princess. Going through this game for like, a fifth time and I’m reminded how much I adore it. It feels so dang cinematic in presentation for a Nintendo game, and the dungeon design fills me with endorphins.

I also love how this is like, one of the few Zelda games where I feel like it’s not just Link and 3 other people. The game feels populated and alive, like it has a community. I just love this game!
Still waiting for that Switch port, as it's the only 3D Zelda I haven't played yet 🙁

Twilight Princess will always have a special place in my heart.
I love its epic grandeur, its moody atmosphere, I love how big and ambitious and larger than life it was.
It feels like a classic fantasy adventure, the kind you read about in books and act out in the backyard and schoolyard as a child, cut from the same cloth as perennial icons like The Lord of the Rings or Dungeons & Dragons.

In the same way that Ocarina of Time personified Nintendo's bold charge into the third dimension with the N64, and Breath of the Wild became a symbol of Nintendo rising like a phoenix from the ashes and ushering in the resurgent Switch era, Twilight Princess stood as a reminder that in 2006, as awesome as Wii Sports was, Nintendo had not forgotten their fans.

Promising, shows some of what I'm hoping for season 3 to be (Mandalorian focused). But I am still wary after how season 2 went in an anti-Frog direction.
Dave Filoni said that even episodes like the Frog Lady will be stunningly relevant and be integral to the main storyline.

Real.

A thread elsewhere got me thinking:

Are we in a bit of a Metroidvania slump? Most of the last decade we've had multiple bangers every year, ones that were really celebrated and well-loved and good. But unless I'm just out of the loop or haven't heard, I feel like ever since Metroid Dread (funnily enough) I'm not really aware of much. Am I missing some, or are we just in the collective 'taking a small breather before Silksong and the next big wave' happens?
I too am searching for search action

Twilight Princess will always have a special place in my heart.
I love its epic grandeur, its moody atmosphere, I love how big and ambitious and larger than life it was.
It feels like a classic fantasy adventure, the kind you read about in books and act out in the backyard and schoolyard as a child, cut from the same cloth as perennial icons like The Lord of the Rings or Dungeons & Dragons.

In the same way that Ocarina of Time personified Nintendo's bold charge into the third dimension with the N64, and Breath of the Wild became a symbol of Nintendo rising like a phoenix from the ashes and ushering in the resurgent Switch era, Twilight Princess stood as a reminder that in 2006, as awesome as Wii Sports was, Nintendo had not forgotten their fans.

Twilight Princess rules. Was my favourite Zelda before BotW. I love so much about it, just like you say there's so many aspects of it that shines. The dungeons? Stellar dungeons. Midna? Stellar character. Atmosphere? Stellar atmosphere. Soundtrack? Stellar soundtrack. And so on.

I personally don't really see it as "OoT 2.0" as many describe it. I think it's unique, and completely stands on its own. Sure, there's the surface-level similarities of "forest temple first", "Master Sword after 3 dungeons, then plot twist", "Zelda kidnapped" etc. But I think it's overlooked a bit in how it has many elements that I think help sets it apart. Stuff like Zant, the Twilight Realm, Midna's whole story and the focus on it, the City in the Sky and the Oocca, the Snowpeak section are things that I think has always made the game feel distinct in the context of the whole series.

Seconded. I'm always told TP is the worst Zelda game if it's your first (which it was for me at the time), but I had a Gamecube throughout grade school - all I kept being told in grade 6 was Wind Waker is a kiddy game that no one wants to play. I was led to believe it was the wrong Zelda for me after never owning an N64 until much later in life, so I didn't play it until Wii U as a result when it was finally in a revered state.

TP isn't without flaws, and there are some things I wish it did differently, but the story, the music (shout out Hidden Village where you're a one man army in a spaghetti western), the characters and above all the gameplay was fun. The cutscenes were emotional, entertaining, and some of the chase sequences had me gripping the Wii remote so tight as I protected the wagon traversing Hyrule field with the kids in the back. So many memorable setpieces, and the boss fight against Stallord and the spinner was perhaps my favourite boss fight until Koloktos in the Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword.

Yeah, Twilight Princess is a good Zelda game.

God, everything hurts ... i overdid it yesterday in Ring Fit Adventure it seems. There's some places in my body where i feel pain for the first time in my soon 39 year old life.
Lol. I hear yay. Did an outdoor run with a jogging stroller which I usually don’t do (more a cyclist for cardio) and now my knees are killing me from the impact. Getting old is no fun

Fuck the Ring Fit exercises where you have to squeeze the ring over your head. I'm pretty sure that's not an actual exercise and someone from Nintendo just found it in some medieval torture book.

Fuck the Ring Fit exercises where you have to squeeze the ring over your head. I'm pretty sure that's not an actual exercise and someone from Nintendo just found it in some medieval torture book.
Shoulder presses are good stuff. Gets your delts working really hard.

Screw wide squats though

Shoulder presses are good stuff. Gets your delts working really hard.

Screw wide squats though

"Ah, we meet again. My old Nemesis .... Sumo Squats."

"Oh no, my other Nemesis are also there ... Yoga exercises!" (I'm more of an unmoveable object and not Luffy...)

"Ah, we meet again. My old Nemesis .... Sumo Squats."

"Oh no, my other Nemesis are also there ... Yoga exercises!" (I'm more of an unmoveable object and not Luffy...)
Weirdly I'm pretty flexible for a tall and large dude. I've never had trouble touching my toes and they're sooo far away

But yeah squats are like knee torture

Weirdly I'm pretty flexible for a tall and large dude. I've never had trouble touching my toes and they're sooo far away

But yeah squats are like knee torture

As a kid, i was a legit snake person, flexible, mobile and all. Then boom, puberty and my body shape completely changed.

My cousins fiance is a sports medicine doc and actually had me checked up two years ago when i first thought of getting into better shape (took me long enough, right?) and he said that i'm actually naturally "buff" and need to be careful how to train if i don't wanna end up looking like the rock but smaller.

Which i don't want.

So i guess it's "natural" for me to have some issues with those Yoga thingies.

As a kid, i was a legit snake person, flexible, mobile and all. Then boom, puberty and my body shape completely changed.

My cousins fiance is a sports medicine doc and actually had me checked up two years ago when i first thought of getting into better shape (took me long enough, right?) and he said that i'm actually naturally "buff" and need to be careful how to train if i don't wanna end up looking like the rock but smaller.

Which i don't want.

So you have the opportunity to be The Rock but bigger? Lofty aspirations, godspeed to you Bonejack!

So you have the opportunity to be The Rock but bigger? Lofty aspirations, godspeed to you Bonejack!

Dunno man, i'm "only" 1.81m. If i had the Rocks physique, i fear people would start calling me "The Geodude".

E: I'm also way to lazy to train that much.

Last edited:
I mean, that is very unlikely (less than 1.5% probability)
Wait how does this work? I suck at math but would be interested in hearing how 10% comes out to 1.5% probability.

Which i don't want.

Yeah I kinda hear you here. I have the unfortunate intersection of having a really wide frame and being a huge fan of old Japanese cars so like.. when people tell me I should work out and I'd look great I keep thinking "if I work out I'm gonna get bigger and I already have trouble literally fitting in cars." 😅

I used to have to drive my Datsun with the windows down and my elbow on the windowsill because with the door shut it just squished my shoulders. 😅

I think Ubisoft of all companies should be putting up old ports and classic games on digital stores. If they keep delaying and cancelling games, then they might as well fill in those gaps with some re-releases. Just put out some games that aren't million dollar makers but are at least crowd pleasers that can bring in a steady stream of revenue.

Baten Kaitos and The Somehow I Complete Forgot That This Is A Thing That Existed But Glad It's (Apparently?) Getting Remade. (....?)

Wait how does this work? I suck at math but would be interested in hearing how 10% comes out to 1.5% probability.
The probability of the thing not happening once is 0.9. The probability of it not happening twice in a row is 0.9^2. And so on. The probability of it not happening 40 times in a row is 0.9^40, which is just under 0.015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom