• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
(2) What's the best way to play Zelda and Zelda II for a first timer? I know I want save states but is the experience best on 3DS, Wii U or Switch?
I'm a pixel obsessive so the 3DS's 240p screen has actually been a great way to experience native 240p games like the S/NES and Genesis Virtual Consoles. Nice and crisp.

The Wii U NES VC is notoriously dark and blurry. They improved it on the NES Classic and Switch.

I hate the NSO borders on Switch but it doesn't actually impact the gameplay, it's just an eyesore. If you don't care, go for it. Also has a decent CRT filter and rewind.

Anyone recommend this one?
Not recommended. It’s more like a traditional point and click. It’s one of those stories that think being meta is all it takes to become funny/interesting. The disembodied AI also spoils the solutions too much.

What's the best way to play Zelda and Zelda II for a first timer?
Switch should be fine.

Welp. It was fun while it lasted.

I will always cherish my 10 minutes on top
If it’s any consolation Ash is the real World Champion

The other day I asked my gf if I could borrow a newspaper.

"If you're bored, just use the Switch" she said.

That fly never knew what hit it.
Holy shit haha my goddamn sides

We could start a Famiboards book club if there was interest. Famibooks!
How to trigger my backlog guilt hard

I want to get your all thoughts on an idea: how would you feel about doing a collective “Let’s Watch” of a Muppet Christmas Carol? Like we create a thread, all start the movie at the same time, and react to it like a Nintendo Direct? I think it could be fun, especially for those who haven’t seen it before, but finding a good time to do it might be the tricky part.

Superman Returns was good! Not sure about watching Man of Steel next. I kinda like the optimistic and heroic side of Superman the best.

That fly never knew what hit it.
Please confirm you had Persona 5 Royal in the slot for maximum surprise

wake-me-when-you-need-me-halo.gif

Wanted to post this. Take care. See ya January 1st unless we get some big gigantic leak between now and then
Take care and hope you feel better! See you on the flip side 🙂

Credits are rolling in Pokemon Violet.

I am once again a World Champion!

This is one of the reasons Pokémon is so good:

The world of Pokémon is crafted in a way to make Pokémon collecting and battling the most important possible thing in the entire universe, and then goes out of it's way to ensure you that you know that you, the player, are simply the best in the world at it.

Said better by Tim Rogers:

Superhero idear: Pooperman

He’s just like Superman except of being super they…
Is Boogerman not enough for you?

This is one of the reasons Pokémon is so good:

The world of Pokémon is crafted in a way to make Pokémon collecting and battling the most important possible thing in the entire universe, and then goes out of it's way to ensure you that you know that you, the player, are simply the best in the world at it.
It works for Yu-Gi-Oh too I believe?

So I finally bought Chocobo GP between it being 50% off and the announcement that they've yeeted the microtransactions out of the game. So far I'm really impressed, the game seems to have quiet a good bit of content to play/unlock.

So I finally bought Chocobo GP between it being 50% off and the announcement that they've yeeted the microtransactions out of the game. So far I'm really impressed, the game seems to have quiet a good bit of content to play/unlock.
Missed its half off, I’m tempted and with a bulk of stuff being post launch getting it digitally seems the better way

I'm a pixel obsessive so the 3DS's 240p screen has actually been a great way to experience native 240p games like the S/NES and Genesis Virtual Consoles. Nice and crisp.

The Wii U NES VC is notoriously dark and blurry. They improved it on the NES Classic and Switch.

I hate the NSO borders on Switch but it doesn't actually impact the gameplay, it's just an eyesore. If you don't care, go for it. Also has a decent CRT filter and rewind.
Not recommended. It’s more like a traditional point and click. It’s one of those stories that think being meta is all it takes to become funny/interesting. The disembodied AI also spoils the solutions too much.

Thank you both! Serif, which type of 3DS do you play these on? Regular N or XL? And do you have to do any type of button combo to trigger the correct aspect ratio? I remember that being a thing.

Hope anyone that posts here and lives in checks notes 75% of the country stays warm and safe these next two days with this cold from Canada flagrantly attacking the US.

Also, the whole joke runs on the idea that kids flicks are somehow lesser
It's a silly joke I'm about to give far too much energy, but I don't think that's quite it. I think if it was the new Pixar movie it wouldn't be funny, it would be like... well yeah, Pixar movies are great, everyone loves them. DreamWorks animated films are typically less highly regarded. The Shrek series in particular has been a case of massively diminishing returns, the first Puss In Boots movie was a spin-off of that series of diminishing returns, and it was fairly poorly regarded. Now, a decade later, a sequel comes out of nowhere (seriously, I hadn't even heard of this until it started getting buzz) and is an absolute smash hit with both critics and audiences. I doubt anyone had that on their 2022 bingo card

Although I'm sure James Cameron and Avatar are laughing all the way to the bank

It's a silly joke I'm about to give far too much energy, but I don't think that's quite it. I think if it was the new Pixar movie it wouldn't be funny, it would be like... well yeah, Pixar movies are great, everyone loves them. DreamWorks animated films are typically less highly regarded. The Shrek series in particular has been a case of massively diminishing returns, the first Puss In Boots movie was a spin-off of that series of diminishing returns, and it was fairly poorly regarded. Now, a decade later, a sequel comes out of nowhere (seriously, I hadn't even heard of this until it started getting buzz) and is an absolute smash hit with both critics and audiences. I doubt anyone had that on their 2022 bingo card

Although I'm sure James Cameron and Avatar are laughing all the way to the bank
Was it? I don't mean to ignore the rest of your post but Puss In Boots 2011 was both well-reviewed and a box office success.

Thank you both! Serif, which type of 3DS do you play these on? Regular N or XL? And do you have to do any type of button combo to trigger the correct aspect ratio? I remember that being a thing.

Np, I play on XL. I think it's holding start while you boot up the game but Im not sure if that affects NES aspect ratio.

Np, I play on XL. I think it's holding start while you boot up the game but Im not sure if that affects NES aspect ratio.
After selecting a game, you hold start or select to get it to boot in the correct aspect ratio. Really cool for GB games since it displays a little shell around the screen and the 3D slider adds depth within that casing. This also works for DS games if you want to play them in the DS ratio.

Hm, Elden Ring on sale on Steam for the first time in ... forever. Mayyybe I should gr--

*9 unplayed/barely started Switch games keep glaring at me*

Well, maybe next time, Eldin Ring.

me: “great, time for some nice holiday time with the whole family who came here to see me”

appendicitis: “OBJECTION”

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

With today's price on the Playstation Advent Calendar being shit too, i now have ~170k credits.

I hope tomorrow's price is better given it's the last day of it ... with one ticket costing 750 credits, i think i can drop ~235 tickets on that then.

Man, what a shitty promotion that was.

someone should start a book club thread!!

I am not joining because I can’t read
What about audiobooks? Are they not allowed on book clubs? I've never been part of one.
...but I'm the World Champion.
Look, I don't want to burst your bubble, but I've been the World Champion for a couple of years and I received no notification or email that I was being challenged. Maybe I should check my spam folder?

pokémon dlc better be announced in january so that the northeast chunk of paldea can stop driving me mad

this is the only team january I am part of
I also hope the DLC gets announced in January, but I'm pretty sure the northeast is just France. It's only there for lore reasons I think

I guess the winter storm has finally decided to hit Ohio. Gonna get down to like -5 today, and it’s snowing and windy out right now. Not really looking forward to go to work.

me: “great, time for some nice holiday time with the whole family who came here to see me”

appendicitis: “OBJECTION”

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Is it confirmed to be that? I had it removed in 2016 and was home the next day. Hopefully you don't have to be there too long, but it is a small procedure and the recovery isn't too bad. Sending good vibes!

Saw this thread talking about Skies of Arcadia yesterday and somewhere at the back of my mind I saw that damn monkey paw twitch.

Also not helped by me playing Valkyria Chronicles at the moment which has Vyse and Aika as squad members. Just lost Aika to permadeath when a Valkyria shot her to bits in a trench then walked over her body to make sure she was very, very dead.

it lives !

Since Inazuma Eleven is (unsurprisingly) very popular in the Spanish-speaking world the choice of December the 28th to give new information about it is kinda funny to me. That day is our equivalent to April Fool's, so I'm looking forward to a lot of people initially dismissing the info as fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom