• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not posting much on this forum, but I want you all to know that this forum is one of the few things that helped me get through the darkest of times this year (one of my friends died because of covid, I euthanized my cat, my country turned into the fascist state) just by reading topics about Xenoblade 3 and other things. So thank you very much and Happy New Year everybody!
Sorry about what happened to you this year. I hope you'll have a better 2023!

Heads up party people: Karaoke Joysound will be free to play from Sat Jan 7 to Sat Jan 14 8am to 8pm JST daily if you have a Japanese Switch account

(That's Friday Jan 6 to Friday Jan 13th 6pm to 6am EST daily for all your belated New Year's parties 👀 Japanese Switch accounts are super easy to create* and don't require an NSO to play the game online. USB mics like the ones you have from Rock Band/Guitar Hero are optional and not required, but do help your friends' terrible singing voices get amplified for hilarious IG stories)

*Only downside is about 70% of your Switch newsfeed will suddenly become Japanese even if you own English copies of the game lol; far as I know there's no way to filter languages in newsfeeds

Just making sure I get one last message in here before the new year. Hope y’all are having a great day. Might say something else later, I haven’t decided.

Thank you for the info.

But you really should not have revealed his name.

Who knows how much DM he must have gotten up to the point where he die decide to delete the account?

Its unfortune since he could have provided us many things in the future…

I've already talked to him about it and he has DM'd me via his new account... Hopefully

Last edited:
It's the end of year event your Japanese shame and honor culture folks have been waiting for. It's HockeyBird's Top 5 anime of the year.

5. My Dress Up Darling
4. Made in Abyss Season 2
3. Chainsaw Man
2. Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 / 352 Days Final Mix
1. Spy X Family

Honorable Mention: Life After World Domination

And I think that's it. Everything else I watched was either from a previous year or not worth mentioning.

Is this like a hint thing, or is it just a "hey, I'm alive" thing?

Not hinting anything. Received a DM, just trying to confirm its him though. He'll remain anonymous in the future regardless. I never expected it to pick up so much traction because nothing else he's leaked has, but probably was my mistake posting his username. Was just trying to post proof. I'm sure he'll reach out to me again though. He seems to love doing this shit lol

Glass Onion was great! The perfect Portal 2 to the OG's Portal 1.

To explain the tortured analogy, it's the big budget somewhat bloated sequel that retains the trappings of the first but kinda loses something by not being as tight an experience

Oh, and the local classic rock station now has Linkin Park in their rotation so the end times are here. Happy 2023 everyone.

…what

I’ve never been more sold on a concept than I am at this moment.
You owe it to yourself to see it then. It's good.

I gotta ask: what did you think of the Jenny Slate part?
Very confused by the nickname/slur used for her but appreciated the reference to one of the fight scenes in Kill Bill (which was likely a reference to some other work). Kinda wish they had fleshed her out a bit more like Diedre given how often she appears in scenes.

heads up y’all Pokémon S&V do NOT autosave after the Ace Tournament

nor do they autosave if the only thing you do after the Ace Tournament is all the academy sidequests in a row

I’m sure it was waiting for me to walk out that door to save everything. but I never did. and then I quit the game.
I haven't touched S&V but that sounds torturous.

New Year's Eve and guess who snuck in another completion?

Me, that's who! Elechead done, both endings. What a great game.
One of us! One of us! One of us!

Isn't Down Under by Men At Work the unofficial yet de facto Australian National anthem?
Either that or some Kylie Minogue club anthem?

Heads up party people: Karaoke Joysound will be free to play from Sat Jan 7 to Sat Jan 14 8am to 8pm JST daily if you have a Japanese Switch account

(That's Friday Jan 6 to Friday Jan 13th 6pm to 6am EST daily for all your belated New Year's parties 👀 Japanese Switch accounts are super easy to create* and don't require an NSO to play the game online. USB mics like the ones you have from Rock Band/Guitar Hero are optional and not required, but do help your friends' terrible singing voices get amplified for hilarious IG stories)

*Only downside is about 70% of your Switch newsfeed will suddenly become Japanese even if you own English copies of the game lol; far as I know there's no way to filter languages in newsfeeds
Sigh too bad I don’t have internet at my actual place right now cause I already have a JP account

Plan of attack today: G-witch, finish prehistory in LaL, do some real life stuff, work on Rayearth kit(while watching Danmachi IV, call of the night or some other Hidive dub) then either start Kamiwaza or work on something else

Very confused by the nickname/slur used for her but appreciated the reference to one of the fight scenes in Kill Bill (which was likely a reference to some other work). Kinda wish they had fleshed her out a bit more like Diedre given how often she appears in scenes.
As far as I've read
it appears as though it was meant to show what a judgemental and toxic person the main character is (remember the way she treated her daughter's coming out, too) which is supposed to be a big part of the plot: her growing out of that crap and learning some empathy. Even if by the end she still isn't perfect.

Not at all trying to defend the character's depiction or the use of the slur, but if its inclusion was confusing then that was the reason afaik.

But the whole thing with the dog just had me wheezing in the theater and that's somehow the most prominent scene in my head when thinking back to the movie, that and every scene with the rocks. 😅

Oh, and the local classic rock station now has Linkin Park in their rotation so the end times are here. Happy 2023 everyone.
My local "classic R&B" station plays Cardi B and Bruno Mars, so 👴

Reached my first ending in AI Somnium. I haven’t really been feeling the game but I can’t help the curiosity of knowing what happens in the alternate endings… So now I have to go back and figure out how to access the other paths!

Honestly F-Zero GX HD is such an easy sell to me.

I'd buy it as is if all they did was offer 1080p widescreen, but if it can offer online as well and more racers through wireless LAN, then it's all gravy

Yeah, while I still hope we get a brand-new F-Zero some day, I'll be more than happy with this. Hope we get the announcement in the next Direct!

Stupid question, does anyone have any experience with using an ethernet adapter with their Switch vs. running everything off wireless? I'm pondering picking up an adapter for $15 but I'm not entirely sure if it'll make a difference or not when playing stuff online.

Happy January 365th, everyone! Sorry to have been gone for so long. I haven't posted here since January 338th. 😢 I hope everyone has been doing well. I currently know six (6) people with Covid, so that's fun. They're all doing well, no need for concern, but it's still scary.

Happy January 365th, everyone! Sorry to have been gone for so long. I haven't posted here since January 338th. 😢 I hope everyone has been doing well. I currently know six (6) people with Covid, so that's fun. They're all doing well, no need for concern, but it's still scary.
so glad we're rolling over to a new january, this one was getting old

I hope all the speculators have fun now that it's back in season, but I just have to put most of those threads on ignore because they make my brain hurt pretty quickly.

Here's hoping that the retro side of the forum sees some regular activity in the coming year. I think I have an idea for a thread or two.

Also, Happy New Year!

Another winter break, another RPG completed.

2019: Ys VIII
2020: The Outer Worlds
2021: Nier Replicant
2022: Star Ocean The Divine Force

Wonder what action RPG I'll complete over holiday 2023.

I'm not posting much on this forum, but I want you all to know that this forum is one of the few things that helped me get through the darkest of times this year (one of my friends died because of covid, I euthanized my cat, my country turned into the fascist state) just by reading topics about Xenoblade 3 and other things. So thank you very much and Happy New Year everybody!

Sad to hear about what has happened in your life - the darkest of times can truly get to you, in more ways than one. It's nice to hear that Fami can be of comfort to you.

Xenoblade 3 was indeed phenomenal. Happy new year!

I've been wanting to post about the topic of being in a community some were talking about earlier but it's hard to find the exact words. I've been posting in forums since I was 12 on 2001 but I've never felt I've become a big part of any community I've joined. I've done stuff in each community like posting music in OCReMix but in general I feel I don't stand out that much. Anyway, what I've learned in all these years is to simply do the stuff that makes you happy. If being part of a community becomes a stressful part of your life then it's simply not worth it and you should either take a break or outright leave the community. In the end, the only thing that truly matters is being happy and if joining a forum of a hobby doesn't help towards that then it isn't worth it IMO. In that sense, Fami is a distraction place for me where I can share stuff about videogames, read opinions and waste some time. In general I stay away from the negative discussions since they tend to drain me more than give enjoyment, but this forum is usually very chill so it's easy.

Kind of a ramble but whatever haha.

i'm now officially in the release year of tears of the kingdom and silksong

screenshot2023-01-01a5ziuw.png

Here you all go:

Links to summaries of the games in question.

Well that’s prehistory down in Live a Live. Gotta handle some real life stuff(while watching anime), and I’ll probably start my Rayearth kit. Also wanna start Kamiwaza way of the thief before my next LaL chapter

Well that’s prehistory down in Live a Live. Gotta handle some real life stuff(while watching anime), and I’ll probably start my Rayearth kit. Also wanna start Kamiwaza way of the thief before my next LaL chapter
Impressive. Recently, I have built one (1) Atari Lego set. So I'm a bit jealous of your productivity on this final day of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom