• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope 2023 is great for all of us! 2022 was very complicated for me, personally, lots and lots of work and pointlessly stressful situations. 2023 looks promising, though. Hopefully i'll have more time to spend here.

I never bothered with mission mode the first time I did Pikmin 3DX, but I'm loving the treasure collection missions, especially 10 to 15.

Honestly F-Zero GX HD is such an easy sell to me.

I'd buy it as is if all they did was offer 1080p widescreen, but if it can offer online as well and more racers through wireless LAN, then it's all gravy

Sorry to hear that, pal. I hope you can enjoy New Year's Eve either way!
Thanks. I have decided not to buy anymore games until it gets resolved like fire emblem and dead space since I get them on an almost daily basis

I have a newfound enjoyment in fighting games on the steam deck during this though

heads up y’all Pokémon S&V do NOT autosave after the Ace Tournament

nor do they autosave if the only thing you do after the Ace Tournament is all the academy sidequests in a row

I’m sure it was waiting for me to walk out that door to save everything. but I never did. and then I quit the game.

Want to state that because of my current migraine problem, until my injections start kicking in, which I was told that could take three months, I’m not buying anymore games for a while since I’m having a hard time finding enjoyment in some, mainly the single player ones.

Fighting games have been more enjoyable for me funny enough

good morning maintenance dude who will barely wear a mask is being real weird about the leaking ceiling we reported a month ago and a car alarm has been going off intermittently since last night

and I’m annoyed because of the ace tournament thing, since I planned on doing the new fancy raids to stay calm and focused for this maintenance shitshow

I love the verge of a mental breakdown!

You’ll get your January and February Mini and that’s ALL you’ll get till E3

2022 was one of the shittiest years for me on a personal level in decades, so I'm more than ready for the symbolic gravitas of a new calendar year.

Lessgo 2023!
(and see you never 2022 you little shit)

2023 is when I release a real game. A short one, not the one I've always dreamed of making but a good stepping stone on the way to get there.

they’re not going to NOT remaster chibi robo

right
In my personal headcanon that will totally happen Nintendo starts the Great GameCube/Wii Remaster-a-thon with surefire hits that will nevertheless sell well beyond expectations, and this will encourage them to go for deeper cuts via less mainstream stuff.

Am I saying that Chibi Robo would be one of said deep cuts? Of course. Am I implying that this will culminate in Nintendo translating and porting Captain Rainbow? You know it.

I would like to share that during our family’s New Year’s Eve dinner, where my uncle and aunt, who are visiting from America, talked to me, a licensed medical doctor, at length about the “grand COVID-19 conspiracy” of the US government

Their thesis was supported by at least 12 different “research studies” gathered from Facebook

I don’t really drink but man I went ahead and reached for a glass of wine
Imagine what it's like living surrounded by those types
🇺🇲🦅🏈

Man I missed the word "thread" first and was wondering what you were on
He was on Team January

I'll have you know it's still December where you, him and I all live.
is it bad that I actually forgot that for a minute?

I think my heart must be in Australia

or the launch of the Direcc Specc thread made me think it was officially January

Holiday Jazz Day 31: “Auld Lang Syne” Bobby Timmons

The time has come to close out the month. It’s been fun to post more great jazz music and hopefully she’s light in some great performers for people. Leaving off with a perfect year end song by Bobby Timmons. A fun trio number that’s upbeat with great piano playing. Here’s to a happy new year for everyone here.

0. Winter Wonderland - Kenny G
  1. Skating - Warren Wolf
  2. Blue Christmas - Grover Washington Jr
  3. Sleigh Ride - Boney James
  4. My Favorite Things -John Coltrane
  5. Sugar Rum Cherry - Duke Ellington
  6. Here Comes Santa Claus - Jeff Golub
  7. Silent Night - Jimmy Smith
  8. This Christmas - Gerald Albright
  9. Egg Nog - Ramsey Lewis Trio
  10. Jingle Bells - Wynton Marsalis
  11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Dexter Gordon Quartet
  12. We Three Kings - Nick Colionne
  13. Oh Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles) - Joey Alexander
  14. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen - Oscar Peterson
  15. The Little Drummer Boy - Jeff Hamilton Trio
  16. White Christmas - Charlie Parker
  17. Santa Clause is Coming to Town - Bill Evans
  18. Feliz Navidad - Brian Bromberg
  19. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Fourplay
  20. Deck the Halls - John Beasley/Edwin Livingston/Christian Euman
  21. Greensleeves - Kenny Burrell
  22. Blue Christmas- Barbara Dennerlein
  23. Carol of the Bells - David Benoit
  24. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - Brian Culbertson
  25. Christmas Time is Here - Vince Guaraldi Trio
  26. I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Art Tatum
  27. Soulful Frosty - Dave Stryker
  28. Snowfall - Ahmad Jamal Trio
  29. Skating in Central Park - Modern Jazz Quartet
  30. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve - Don Patterson
  31. Auld Lang Syne - Bobby Timmons

So, is f zero gx really worth checking out?
It is frustratingly difficult and years later I still haven't finished the single player missions

But god it looks absolutely gorgeous when given the chance to output in 1080p via emulators without any HD texture mods, and it remains silky smooth 60fps even during multiplayer (that I recall anyways)

Feels like there should be a song with that title.

With some heavy didgeridoo
Who's the Aussie version of Tony Bennett?

Hugh Jackman is all I can think of and I know that ain't right

I figured Colin Hayes is the southern hemisphere equivalent of Bruce Springsteen
I thought Aussie Springsteen was Jimmy Barnes

Who's the Aussie version of Tony Bennett?

Hugh Jackman is all I can think of and I know that ain't right

I thought Aussie Springsteen was Jimmy Barnes
No no, after Les Mis and Greatest Showman, you're on the money with Hugh Jackman and Tony Bennett

And also I now immediately have "You're Simply The Best" stuck in my head and while it kinda reminds me of Colin James/Bryan Adams I definitely see the correlation to Bruce. Must be the Scottish blood lol (even if Brucey is Irish/Italian Catholic)

Also I'm not trying to claim this will happen, all I can present are the facts that he dm'd me, and that he's been right every time he's posted a leak or tease, and that its always been before a direct. If he's wrong he's wrong, I have no connection to him besides the random fact that he decided to DM my account

Its also worth noting that every other time he's leaked something, a direct had already been announced. This time there isn't one, so the skepticism is warranted. I'm as in the dark as you guys are, the nintendo fanboy in me is wishful thinking, but all we have to go off of is his history
Thank you for the info.

But you really should not have revealed his name.

Who knows how much DM he must have gotten up to the point where he die decide to delete the account?

Its unfortune since he could have provided us many things in the future…

2023 heading right at us and it's Year of the Coober's Revenge.
75yzl9.jpg

I'm not posting much on this forum, but I want you all to know that this forum is one of the few things that helped me get through the darkest of times this year (one of my friends died because of covid, I euthanized my cat, my country turned into the fascist state) just by reading topics about Xenoblade 3 and other things. So thank you very much and Happy New Year everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom