• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can't compare Crash and Spyro to Call of Duty and Minecraft.
Exactly. which is why I don't think they'll revive Crash or Spyro, not even exclusively for their ecosystem. The audience is not there and will never be, it'll fail just like Battletoads did.

Psychonauts is a bad example though, the game has been development long before Double Fine's acquisition. Whether MS will continue to greenlight games in the series is up in the air. We haven't seen any DF project that's completely funded by MS yet. We're waiting. I want to see actual proof that they're serious in platforming business. I want to see if that Banjo rumor is true. I want to see them treat their current IP's with respect first.

Well, they're not playing the game right then. All of their lineup have day and date PC releases. If their intention is to keep their IP's exclusive, that will make PC even bigger platform, not Xbox.

But Phil said they see CoD as a Minecraft type of franchise, that they want to see it everywhere. I would not be surprised if he thinks the same for other Acti franchises. Playstation is the home to both Crash and Spyro, I think he'll make sure those franchises stay with its fans. IF they decide to keep them alive.
I understand the skepticism, and it's fair.. but I feel Phil Spencer already mentioned they're always lacking on more family friendly games overall. They helped out with Cuphead and Super Lucky's Tale.. now with franchises like Pyschonauts and Crash, they have no reason to not put out some of those well known names regularly. I also do trust Nate's report on Banjo.. is just really, really early on development apparently.

As far the series going multiplat or not.. I don't want to count on anything, but at least we have always the PC as an option. I'm not a PC gamer by any means, but beats out than buying a whole Xbox just for play the next Crash game ;P

Instead of worrying about Crash and Spyro, I say people focus on the real million dollar question.

Is Microsoft brave enough to have The Coalition reboot Starcraft Ghost.

I have the "make plants grow" song from Spiritfarer stuck in my head

It's a very tight loop

I don’t think I’ve even played enough 2022 games to make a top five list. Well, more like I don’t really know the release dates of the games I’ve played. This is why I’m out of the loop of GotY discussions.

Donkboards

Donkboards but I'm artificially increasing the word count to my post so I can get sweet sweet Famicoin unlike Mr_No_U whose shitposts are too short to earn him any Famicoins because he fails to meet an arbitrary word count meant to increase engagement and now I'm just adding some words at the end because the letter count has gone away so I'm just adding in some extra words just to be safe.

Last month we had a cry from figure heads in gaming to support voice actors and the mis-treatment of them.

Feels like all in the past now.

Been listening to Donkey Kong Country soundtracks and reflecting how these silly 16-bit platformers featuring monkeys and beavers and rhinos have music that soothes my soul like no other.

For real though, where the heck is DQ3 remake?

Honestly, it is likely the case the game was still very early in development at the time of the reveal but they wanted to have something for the anniversary so they put together a trailer with what they had.

I played Diablo 3 at launch...on PC...with all the connection issues....and the auction house.
Yep, same. That sure was an experience.

It's amazing they were able to turn it around and make something genuinely great.

It's looking increasingly unlikely I'll finish God of War before Pokémon comes out, and I'm genuinely unsure what I'll play when I have both. It's making me feel like this:
df9341e9-bdab-4913-bdc7-506a28f1a084_text.gif

shit i think the soda incident finally caught up to me. the d pad and b button on my pro controller feel heavy to press on. still work but f me. any tips?

You can customize the look of your gear, aura, wings, portrait frame, banner, pet, etc. But not really the face of the character.

Not that you ever see that anyway though what with most helmets covering it.
I am reminded I own Diablo on GOG. I should really look that up and see if it works on steam deck

I bought 12 Angry Men due to a criterion collection sale.

Pretty excited to see this film. Been wanting to forever but never had a chance. Seems perfect for that thanksgiving break where we have free time before the family gathering starts.

Should’ve bought The Irishman too. But maybe next time.

Last edited:
I bought 12 Angry Men due to a criterion collection sale.

Pretty excited to see this film. Been wanting to forever but never had a chance. Seems perfect for that thanksgiving break where we have free time before the family gathering starts.

Should’ve bought The Irishman too. But maybe next time.
Man, used to love Criterion sales years ago. My AK 100 box set is one of my most prized possessions. Nowadays I'm completely out of room at home, so I have to make do with whatever is on Criterion Channel.

It's looking increasingly unlikely I'll finish God of War before Pokémon comes out, and I'm genuinely unsure what I'll play when I have both. It's making me feel like this:
Search your feelings. You know which game to play.

It’s God of War. You should finish God of War before starting Pokémon.

Heck, I’m not gonna play Pokémon until after I play Sonic Frontiers. And I’m not gonna start Sonic until I finish Ragnarok.

I might play Pokémon while I’m in the middle of Sonic. The beauty of the Switch makes that easy thank goodness.

Re: Top Five in GotY

1. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
2. Arcade Paradise (yeah, I know, it's a bugfest, but somehow I put sixty hours into it)
3. Sifu
4. Mario and Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
5. Horizon: Forbidden West

The last two are very flawed games that lasted too long and were not nearly as good as their forebears, but ultimately, I still enjoyed a lot about them.

I don't think Guerrilla's ever topping Zero Dawn, though. It's probably one of my twenty-ish favorite games ever.

Re: Microsoft's plans for Double Fine

At their most successful w/r/t getting games published on Microsoft consoles, it was the 360 days and they were making smaller XBL games like Costume Quest, Iron Brigade/Trenched, and Stacking. I think DF will grow a bit in size and you'll see them do what Obsidian is doing: A big game every two or three years and a bunch of smaller quirky stuff in between.

Obsidian: Avowed and The Outer Worlds 2 are their big games over the next five years, but they also developed Pentiment and Grounded

Double Fine will probably do Psychonauts 3 and try to get a Brutal Legend sequel off the ground (ick, no, but I feel like Tim Schafer really wants to go back to that world). In between, maybe they'll do a sequel to a game that actually deserves it like Stacking? And also all the other small quirky stuff they'll do.

Papa Microsoft needs to get on it and release Stacking onto Switch. Iron Brigade and Costume Quest, too. C'mon, be friends with Nintendo so I can get my portable Stacking on without having to buy a Steam Deck.

Last edited:
My Top 5 for this year (backlog pending):
  1. Tunic
  2. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  3. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  4. Pokemon Legends: Arceus (in progress)
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (in progress)
Tunic is probably my favorite game ever made. Kirby was glorious. Mario + Rabbids was great, but had a terrible final boss and too many repeated sidequests. Arceus is what I've wanted from Pokemon for so long. Xenoblade is awesome so far.

That this is a first-party game is a little mind-blowing.

If Microsoft can put out more stuff like Pentiment, really cool kinda niche AA-type games, alongside the bigger AAA franchises like Halo and Forza, I think they’ll be just fine. Nintendo have proven that putting out quality AA games is a good way to be successful.

People who don't play games don't have these problems.
These are hard-hitting facts right here

That this is a first-party game is a little mind-blowing.
Microsoft first-party is honestly already amazing from my perspective. Haven’t gotten the chance to play them yet, but Pentiment, Forza, and Psychonauts 2 all interest me much, much more than anything Sony has, barring Spiderman.

The best part is, they’re also on PC. No need to buy an extra box!

If Microsoft can put out more stuff like Pentiment, really cool kinda niche AA-type games, alongside the bigger AAA franchises like Halo and Forza, I think they’ll be just fine. Nintendo have proven that putting out quality AA games is a good way to be successful.

I hope that rumored Dragon's Crown-like from The Banner Saga devs gets revealed soon. Mid-tier/AA games to feed the Game Pass beast is a win-win for everyone.
Microsoft first-party is honestly already amazing from my perspective. Haven’t gotten the chance to play them yet, but Pentiment, Forza, and Psychonauts 2 all interest me much, much more than anything Sony has, barring Spiderman.

The best part is, they’re also on PC. No need to buy an extra box!

The variety is impressive. You've got big AAA monsters like Fable and Perfect Dark coming yet also Age of Empires is coming to console with M+KB support.

Lol, this resonates. I am a little over 12 hours in GoW. I’ll get Pokémon and just start it when I finish GoW. It is what it is.

I’ll probably give play Pokémon all weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom