• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for everyone to be like "omg why is starwars anime shit now, fucking disney man" so I can tell them all about how Star Wars always has been anime all over again.
Been seeing some people say things like “it’s sad they gotta prop up a major IP to pay the bills” but to me it seems like most anime studios love Star Wars.

Maybe it's just that my circle of friends and acquaintances (and coworkers) has changed since 2018, but I've noticed way less enthusiasm for GoW Ragnarok compared to the 2018 game. Like, jarringly so. But maybe sales will say otherwise, idk.

Dammit @bellydrum I was about to post this in your test thread. I just have to post it here now, my most favorite song.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
It's the most remarkable word I've ever seen
I wish I knew exactly what I mean
It starts out like an "A" word, as anyone can see
But somewhere in the middle it gets awful "QR" to me
If I ever find out just what this word can mean
I'll be the smartest bird the world has ever seen

What can that strange looking word possibly mean?
Funny word

It might be kind of an elephant
Or a funny kind of kazoo
Or strange, exotic turtle
You never see in a zoo
Or maybe a kind of a doggie
Or particular shade of blue
Or maybe a pretty flower
Nah, not with a name like that, uh-uh

It's the most remarkable word I've ever seen
I wish I knew exactly what I mean
It starts out like an "A" word as anyone can see
But somewhere in the middle it gets awful "QR" to me
If I ever find out just what this word can mean
I'll be the smartest bird the world has ever seen

The hardest part about Game of the Year discussions is remembering which games even came out this year, because I tend to pick up and/or finish games way past when they were released. Everyone is gonna be voting for Elden Ring and meanwhile I’m still struggling through Dark Souls 3.

That’s only a comparison. I haven’t touched DS3 in like a month. Blame RF5 and MH: Rise.

Anyway, I would be very surprised if Elden Ring didn’t end up winning the whole thing. In fact it’s such an obvious choice that it’s quite possible they would pick something else to overturn expectations.

Is there any way to have the Famicoins reward system be retroactive? Would be cool for us to not to have to start from zero, and I have some banger posts* that I'm sure would have earned me coins

*and by "banger posts" I mean "mod posts", those tended to be long and get lots of Yeah!s lol

Maybe it's just that my circle of friends and acquaintances (and coworkers) has changed since 2018, but I've noticed way less enthusiasm for GoW Ragnarok compared to the 2018 game. Like, jarringly so. But maybe sales will say otherwise, idk.
Same, everyone wants to play Pokémon like the fools we are.

I played the 2018 one back when it came out and really liked it at the time, but the sequel looks mostly the same and not something I want to spend $70 on. Also the lack of gore in the 2018 one kinda made me sour on it over the years for some reason.

Is there any way to have the Famicoins reward system be retroactive? Would be cool for us to not to have to start from zero, and I have some banger posts* that I'm sure would have earned me coins

*and by "banger posts" I mean "mod posts", those tended to be long and get lots of Yeah!s lol

Good idea, I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody else mention this yet.
I put some consideration into this last night, and looked into what that might entail.

Technical logistics
  • For every member, for every one of their comments, for every comment that fits the criteria of earning Famicoin, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition (after determining what it is based on the content)
  • For every member, for every one of their threads, for every thread that fits the criteria of earning Famicoin, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition (after determining what it is based on the content)
  • For every member, for every Yeah! the member has given, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition.
  • For every member, for every Yeah! the member has received, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition.
  • etc.

Ethical logistics
I think there's a discussion worth having here; I haven't landed on a side yet.
On one hand, it would be fantastic for long-time users to see their time on Famiboards reflected in their Famicoin balance.
On the other hand, accounting for the fact that there will (at some point) be (some form of) limited-time rewards redeemable with Famicoins, this essentially puts any newer users, however active they may be, at a disadvantage.

I think the ethical logistics are really what matter here. The technical stuff is just what it takes to do; programming is hard, period. Lol.

Would it be a substantial alternative to instead start everybody with a specific positive amount of Famicoins?
This eliminates seeing a big fat zero in your balance, but also sets everyone off from the same starting line.

Any thoughts?

Good idea, I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody else mention this yet.
I put some consideration into this last night, and looked into what that might entail.

Technical logistics
  • For every member, for every one of their comments, for every comment that fits the criteria of earning Famicoin, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition (after determining what it is based on the content)
  • For every member, for every one of their threads, for every thread that fits the criteria of earning Famicoin, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition (after determining what it is based on the content)
  • For every member, for every Yeah! the member has given, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition.
  • For every member, for every Yeah! the member has received, update that member's Famicoin balance with the appropriate addition.
  • etc.

Ethical logistics
I think there's a discussion worth having here; I haven't landed on a side yet.
On one hand, it would be fantastic for long-time users to see their time on Famiboards reflected in their Famicoin balance.
On the other hand, accounting for the fact that there will (at some point) be (some form of) limited-time rewards redeemable with Famicoins, this essentially puts any newer users, however active they may be, at a disadvantage.

I think the ethical logistics are really what matter here. The technical stuff is just what it takes to do; programming is hard, period. Lol.

Would it be a substantial alternative to instead start everybody with a specific positive amount of Famicoins?
This eliminates seeing a big fat zero in your balance, but also sets everyone off from the same starting line.

Any thoughts?
Trying to be as neutral as possible (despite being a very long time member) I would say the ethical con you listed will apply regardless of when the counting begins. New people will continue to join this site now, next year, the year after that, etc. and will have to play catch up with coins as far as I can tell.

Any thoughts?
Yeah tbh that's actually better

Trying to be as neutral as possible (despite being a very long time member) I would say the ethical con you listed will apply regardless of when the counting begins. New people will continue to join this site now, next year, the year after that, etc. and will have to play catch up with coins as far as I can tell.
See that's a great point. What do you think about, instead, starting everybody off with X coins, including when new members register?

Also, part of me also does want to see what the resulting Famicoin balances would be for everybody lol.

Maybe this could be my project for the evening... :devilish:

Looking at the enthusiasm and sheer anxiousness these coins seem to give I think you'd have a solid investment when you start selling them as mystery NFT a few dollars a piece, in 5 years you will tell the world its digital worth. People go wild, no wait. Make a game out of it, remember Gaia Online? We can have our own avatars and marketplace.

I see opportunity

@Skittzo's point is also a good one. It all depends on what the eventual rewards are

Another idea: Famicoins reset each month. So everybody starts each month with x, and then reset to x at the end of the month

See that's a great point. What do you think about, instead, starting everybody off with X coins, including when new members register?

Also, part of me also does want to see what the resulting Famicoin balances would be for everybody lol.

Maybe this could be my project for the evening... :devilish:
That's a fine alternative, yeah.

Definitely curious to see what my balance could've been though.

Fuck it, I might just run those calculations to see what everyone would have under the current reward criteria.

I think whenever we do the "full launch" today, when I post the announcement thread, I'll add a flat set amount to everyone's account.

The entire famicoins system with its opaque distribution feels like a setup for a manga so deranged that it won’t get an anime adaptation because it involves posters eating each other in an attempt to figure out the rules of the game

The entire famicoins system with its opaque distribution feels like a setup for a manga so deranged that it won’t get an anime adaptation because it involves posters eating each other in an attempt to figure out the rules of the game
I was going for a black mirror thing

I noticed just now that Famigolds are really gone. I literally screamed fuck you at my screen. The execution of beloved Famigolds might be the biggest insult by a major gaming forum in the past decade. I knew it wasn't set in stone that they would keep FamiGolds alive but the hype they created made me think they were just going keep them with us anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew FamiGolds are to popular they should've just keep them there.

If Famicoin is a just and fair system, then I should be swimming in Famicoins after this

The wind blows hard in December
Our last fight, do you remember?
Counting the days, since we left
You and I, slipping away
(Kobayashi)
The Days gone by when you loved me
No way, the way you now treat me
Pouring wine into my glass
Looking back to where we were?
(mpi)
There's no direction for us
Here it comes the endless fight

Show us light, for now
Show a sign for where we can go
Into the cave with no guiding light
Do you know...?[1]
Where is the goal?
Don't just follow
We can try, because we're living now
It's bitter, so many sorrows
But we can swallow
It's gonna be our hardest times

Every time I ask the smallest thing
You get mad or just ignore
I don't want to hear (Every time I)
How long we've been here (Ask the smallest thing)
There's no chance for fear (You get mad)
It's uncontrollable (Or just ignore)

All things gone from left to right (Let's get started again)
And this world is changing fast (Do not tire yourself)
It's so hard to find an answer for itself (We'll get back the life for ourselves today)
Can we find the key to life? (Let's get started again)
I don't want to be a part (Do not scare yourself)
There's a space ship we can ride (We can take this ride)
Now it's time to ride (For ourselves)

Let's get started again
Do not tire yourself
We'll get back the life for ourselves today
Let's get started again (Can we find the key to life?)
Do not scare yourself (I don't want to be a part)
We can take this ride for ourselves (There's a spaceship we can ride, Now it's time to ride)

Y'all are talking about remaking God of War. I want Sony to remake Jet Moto. You damn kids probably don't even know what a Jet Moto is or why the Butterfinger team was the best team! The Mountain Dew Team was ok too, but I don't drink that stuff anymore. I'll take a Dr. Pepper thank you.

Also, they should bring back Syphon Filter. Just reboot it at this point. I have to put these out into the world, or else it will never happen.

Everybody's gonna automatically get +10 Famicoins whenever I post the announcement thread. That way nobody has 0

Gonna start bundling all my shitposts into one master shitpost to farm these Famicoins.
Isn't this what @switchum has been up to for like months?

Seriously though, I guess if an object has negative mass (should such a thing exist) then it would respond negatively to gravity. So a lake full of liquid that has negative mass could conceivably hold up a floating island in the sky?

Also I have a really really dumb explanation for how magical/mythical creatures came about and it has to do with a magic (a force in the world that is also explained semi-pseudoscientifically) experiment at a university going haywire and causing, for a brief moment, all people's thoughts/dreams/memories/stories all throughout the world to come to life either by physically manifesting from nothing or altering existing objects. I'm calling the event "The Amalgam Anomaly" but that may change.

I'm telling you all this because I'm growing increasingly concerned that I may not be able to finish my game in which all of this would be included, and even if I do finish the game I'm trying really hard not to jam lore into the player's face so it might be something you'd need to seek out from an NPC or book or something. I want to get back into it but the thought of waiting for this stupid laptop to load up UE4 then take another 10 minutes to load a level is just giving me so much anxiety. I need a new computer.

Also one more tidbit I'll share now in the hopes of getting some imaginary fami currency is that this game * Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Is this real or is it someone who paid $8 fuckin around?

It's scary how close you are
So it's every five Yeahs! given to you, not @Yavga?

If you'd like to see what your Famicoin balance would be if we had it implemented from day 1, let me know, and I'll include it in the announcement post.
Actually yiis gimme the deets

This post has exactly 500 characters. This is a bid to learn more about the Famicoin earning process

This post has exactly 500 characters. This is a bid to learn more about the Famicoin earning process

Apologies for getting readers stuck in a time loop. But fret not. I seem to have earned a coin with my 500 character post.

The next step of course of any sensible experiment is to repeat the procedure and determine the replicability of the data. I’m excited for the results.

If I seem to be rambling, it’s because I am once again trying to hit 500 characters with this post. It’s harder to do than it seems. Verbosity is not usually my style you see.

Damn I still have a ways to go. Okay… slowly… ok done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom