• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's times like this I'm glad my apartment is partially in a basement. The building sits on a hill so while my balcony is on ground level, the back end of my apartment is constructed into the hill. It helps keep my apartment relatively "cool" without having to turn on the AC. I pay for it though in the winter time though.

I just got two different instances of Xenoblade 3 ads while scrolling Twitter. So either ads are really ramping up, or the algorithm just knows me very very well
Pretty much the only Twitter ads I’ve gotten the last week have been Xenoblade 3 ads. I already ordered it, but they do make me happy to see lol.

converts it to c° How the hell is it possible to sleep with thsoe temps?
No blankets, pedestal fan going full blast pointed at the bed, sweat anyway, eventually fall asleep several hours later than normal due to mental exhaustion.

The scenarios in LiveALive may be a bit mixed IMO so far, but the music certainly isn’t. This is peak Shimomura awesomeness and the variety in tracks is excellent. Megalomania rips too

I'm sure I'll watch those Marvel things but I'm not sure I'd say I'm "hyped" for any of it. So long as they're entertaining diversions I'll continue to stick around.
Pretty much where I am, after Endgame my investment in the franchise has wavered a lot, but I'll keep watching the movies until I'm bored.

The scenarios in LiveALive may be a bit mixed IMO so far, but the music certainly isn’t. This is peak Shimomura awesomeness and the variety in tracks is excellent. Megalomania rips too
I'm actually curious.. what did they do with the music for the HD-2D version? Did they keep the original chiptunes or go arranged or somewhere inbetween?
I wanna mentally prepare for what they might do with Chrono Trigger's ost

I'm actually curious.. what did they do with the music for the HD-2D version? Did they keep the original chiptunes or go arranged or somewhere inbetween?
It for sure doesn’t sound like anything that could come out of the SFC. But I haven’t heard the originals so I can’t really compare. I want to say they’re “arranged” but I’m hard of hearing and genuinely can’t tell if something’s a midi sometimes.

It for sure doesn’t sound like anything that could come out of the SFC. But I haven’t heard the originals so I can’t really compare. I want to say they’re “arranged” but I’m hard of hearing and genuinely can’t tell if something’s a midi sometimes.
Gotcha. Yeah I've seen a trailer or two but I'm also not familiar enough with the original to compare. Hopefully they at least involve the original composer when they punch these up. I know with Chrono Cross Mitsuda said he was happy with the OST as it was and Square still made sure to involve him, so if these HD-2D remakes become the norm hopefully the source materials get a lot of care and respect.

Is that technically correct? To refer to an original game as a remake's "source material?" It feels icky for some reason. 😅

Quoted by: N75
It's a me thing, buying 3 new vidyagames a week before my most anticipated game of the year..
They're all so pretty though, couldnt resist.

NPPQCY8.jpg

They’re totally redone and orchestrated from what I can tell, but I haven’t heard the original either. It sounds fantastic.

Gotcha. Yeah I've seen a trailer or two but I'm also not familiar enough with the original to compare. Hopefully they at least involve the original composer when they punch these up. I know with Chrono Cross Mitsuda said he was happy with the OST as it was and Square still made sure to involve him, so if these HD-2D remakes become the norm hopefully the source materials get a lot of care and respect.

Is that technically correct? To refer to an original game as a remake's "source material?" It feels icky for some reason. 😅
It's definitely different, but it seems to use the same or very similar sound effects in some instances (battle transitions, Cube's voice etc.). Megalomania is definitely more synth-y now and has extra parts to it.

We know Shimomura was involved, but there are a bunch of arrangers credited.

If Chrono Trigger ever got a HD-2D version, that feels like something Mitsuda would do solo or at least let his studio Procyon handle.

I can't use Twitter anymore. It's 95% ads and sponsored / suggested content.
I feel that way about Instagram. I see about two or three posts from people I follow and then it's nothing but sponsored content and "stuff I may like." May be why I've reigned in how much I use it.

So I beat Intergrade yesterday. A

And overall. It felt like a teaser for the next game, both in story and gameplay lol. The writing isn’t interesting. Yuffie is okay, but she’s a lot nicer which I didn’t like. Then again, this is out of OG FFVII so hopefully she’s more tricky when she meets the orignal cast. Sonon is as generic as they get and with a tragic backstory that’s more funny then sad.

FFVII is already a ridiculous story. But Intergrade showing that it’s gonna get far more ridiculous is something I’m really disliking. I’m hoping they try to be more serious, but yeah, that final section doesn’t give me hope. Don’t we have enough darkness? Lol

Overall. It’s okay. Sadly there’s nothing really here that Improves any issues FFVII remake has. It’s still bland level design and worst, forced combat trials for sections of the game. The combat isn’t fun when you only are able to control one character. I don’t recommend it at full price tho. It’s really really short. You could finish it in 4 hours blindly. Faster if you do the story only and non of the mini games or little side quest.

Decided to play Shredder's Revenge today on a whim. Was fun enough, but I do not recall having sucked this hard at brawlers when I was a kid, lmao. Judging where flying enemies are in terms of depth is kind of difficult at times.

Might give the Cowabunga Collection a whirl too should it end up on game pass as well.

Last games I played:

Shin Megami Tensei V: very good RPG. I liked the dark atmosphere and the combat system is pretty fun. Its a game that makes me think and need to prepare a strategy before any boss fight. The visual part is great and enjoyed those semi open world areas. The only bad things are that the characters are a bit plain, though I liked the lore and story of the game, and also that once I beat the final boss, I need to restart the whole game via new game plus…

Devil May Cry 3: combat is fine, story curscenes are cool, the only bad thing is that they didn’t worked hard with the visuals, it’s literally playing a PS2 game.

Not sure how speedrunning Secret Wars is a concern when it's the finale to Phase 6 and we're still in Phase 4. Unless they mean Secret Wars should take up more than one film? In which case I could see them sprinkling the setup all through the Multiverse Saga, while the actual titled film is the finale of all that. Especially since incursions have already been namedropped in a film this year.
I haven't seen any of the discourse online (nor do I really want to) but I agree they're not really speed running it any more than they did the build up to the Infinity Gauntlet. But Secret Wars, or at least the late 2010's version, would be a great way to end the Multiverse Saga given the focus of that event was all about different realities glommed together. Feige is going to have an absolute field day.

It's also a good way for them to clear the decks for Phase 7.

But I haven’t heard the originals so I can’t really compare.

They’re totally redone and orchestrated from what I can tell, but I haven’t heard the original either.
Here you go:

God I miss Jiseng So's Squaresoft / Enix soundtrack videos. Stupid DMCA.

Square: We're gonna do Chrono Trigger HD-2D!!
Mitsuda:
I'd be very interested to see what happens with the CT OST were they to do a remake. Especially because you also have Uematsu and Noriko Matsueda involved too.

Nothing much to add to the MCU conversation, but I'm also quite tired of the whole idea.. I thought I was done by Avengers Endgame, but I also pushed myself to see a couple of things after that... WandaVision and What If were the only D+ shows I cared to watch, and movies I think I'm good stopping with Dr. Strange 2...

Gotta say, I was disappointed with Shuma-Gorath's portrayal in the movie (no lines, just a random monster that is kill off very quickly) :\.. at least there's plenty of merchandise for him now (though with the copyright friendly name.. ugh..)

I don't get why the new Blade movie is slated to release the week after Halloween.

Listening to the sportsball commentary for my team with some strong coffee. Peaceable Sunday to all.

I did a chapter on Live Alive yesterday, so will aim to do another today. Before that though, some food shopping, cleaning, and job applications to get on with. After the sports, that is.

My Live A live copy came late.

Bummer. I won’t be able to actually finish by the time Xenoblade comes out so I’ll probably wait on it lol. But it is 20
Hours only apparently so perhaps I can do it.

To anyone who’s played three hopes, is it an AU to the original three houses? i only played one of the three houses routes and am a bit nervous i’d be lost with the context of three hopes.

To anyone who’s played three hopes, is it an AU to the original three houses? i only played one of the three houses routes and am a bit nervous i’d be lost with the context of three hopes.
I haven’t finished Three Hopes yet, but it diverges pretty far from Three Houses right away. I’d rather call it a seperate set of routes than an AU though. Also it probably depends on which route you played in Three Houses that you’re going to be lost or not.

I haven’t finished Three Hopes yet, but it diverges pretty far from Three Houses right away. I’d rather call it a seperate set of routes than an AU though. Also it probably depends on which route you played in Three Houses that you’re going to be lost or not.
i played the golden deer route, i only remember a few plot details tho. i do have a friend who’s a three houses nut so i guess i could ask them if I get lost lol.

i played the golden deer route, i only remember a few plot details tho. i do have a friend who’s a three houses nut so i guess i could ask them if I get lost lol.
I'm guessing AU means alternate universe here. It's completely different from Three Houses. Kind of a what if Byleth didn't go to the school to teach. Same hopes and dreams of the three lords but it plays out differently. It still spells stuff out for newcomers, it's just nice to know things kind of thing. Not needed to enjoy it by itself.

I was searching about the benefits of restoring the Humanity of your character in Dark Souls and found a random Reddit comment going like "think of it as a Mario power-up like a Mushroom or a Fire Flower"
🤯

Sheesh need to pull out the portable ac and swap to the window unit, winds shifted last night so the smoke is drifting in bad. Air quality for the area is already reaching unhealthy and it’s supposed to hit 97 degrees today. And it’s going to be worse since that new oak fire grew by 10000 acres yesterday. A little wind shift and the air is gonna be toxic. Heck a couple more hours and it may be regardless. Probably should put the air purifier in the living room.

Well looks like a good couple days go game and work on a kit and some shows with smoky air and above 90 degree days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom