• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 days before Xenoblade 3, we're almost here. This is going to be the longest week of the year for me.
Time for a repost!

generated-memevnkxl.png

Using the Dating Feature on Facebook be like:

"Oh hey you're really cute! And you like theme parks too! Mhm mhm" * notices Confederate flag in one of the pictures * "Goddammit nevermind"
Back when I was young and single, I found online dating of any kind was near pointless. Call my cynical, but I did have a realization one day: Dating apps/services are inherently treadmill scams. They find out, through algorithms and whatever, the exact kind of person you'd match well with and then they don't serve them to you because when you find someone to date, you stop using the dating app and are no longer a potential source of revenue.

I found the love of my life the good old fashioned way: real world socializing and patience. Someone'll come along eventually and sweep you clean off your feet! Just relax, go with the flow, and make as many friends as possible.

"Oh hey you're really cute! And you like theme parks too! Mhm mhm" * notices Confederate flag in one of the pictures * "Goddammit nevermind"

"We think _____ and you would make a great match!"
Politics: Conservative.

Nope. Absolutely not.

Back when I was young and single, I found online dating of any kind was near pointless. Call my cynical, but I did have a realization one day: Dating apps/services are inherently treadmill scams. They find out, through algorithms and whatever, the exact kind of person you'd match well with and then they don't serve them to you because when you find someone to date, you stop using the dating app and are no longer a potential source of revenue.

I found the love of my life the good old fashioned way: real world socializing and patience. Someone'll come along eventually and sweep you clean off your feet! Just relax, go with the flow, and make as many friends as possible.
I thought that would be best, but I haven't had a legitimate relationship in three years. I had an online GF that went nowhere because we had no spark, a real life GF that lasted two days because she wasn't ready for a relationship (completely understandable), and another real life GF that went crazy after a single day and turned into a stalker. It's starting to get to me TBH. I'm willing to try whatever works.

I thought that would be best, but I haven't had a legitimate relationship in three years. I had an online GF that went nowhere because we had no spark, a real life GF that lasted two days because she wasn't ready for a relationship (completely understandable), and another real life GF that went crazy after a single day and turned into a stalker. It's starting to get to me TBH. I'm willing to try whatever works.
bro you're so young! seriously, don't let this stuff get to you. just chill out, be patient, someone'll cross your path eventually.

What I've learned from dating apps is that there are a lot of people who want to be in a three way relationship with some Jesus fella.

But seriously, I do come across a lot of profiles that start with how Jesus is their first love and that they are looking for someone with that exact same love. I don't have issues with faith being important to you. But I don't ever see people of other faiths talk specifically about their deities and important figures on their profiles.

I am once again asking all the fanboys who want Sony to buy Square Enix and Capcom to walk into the ocean.
Cheerleading for massive acquisitions is fucking weird in general: "Hooray, this company whose products I really like has just lost a shit-ton of creative control and is now only allowed to develop for one, two at best, ecosystems, severely limiting its number of potential customers. YAY!"

imo, the only time these things should be celebrated is if the company being bought was on the verge of bankruptcy or something like that.

Last edited:
I've no idea if we can expect this to come to the west, but I really like the artstyle!

I am once again asking all the fanboys who want Sony to buy Square Enix and Capcom to walk into the ocean.
I mean this is just general fanboy behavior I just ignore it because it has no influence in the future of the industry. Could Sony buy SE/Capcom? I guess it could but just like one day Toyota can decide to buy Nintendo lol

well I guess I’ll never know what this said but I’m going to assume it said “wow, I stopped by subway to eat a delicious sandwich and met the love of my life!! Subway really is great. Derachi you were right all along!”

Jokes aside: I believe in you, Magic Man. You’re going to be just fine.

well I guess I’ll never know what this said but I’m going to assume it said “wow, I stopped by subway to eat a delicious sandwich and met the love of my life!! Subway really is great. Derachi you were right all along!”
Somehow the Subway part of this post is more unrealistic than me meeting someone

This appears very briefly on those ads that play on Twitch and I was floored, never would have expected this in Nope lol
They spoiled that in the trailer? boooo

Time for a repost!

generated-memevnkxl.png
I dunno why I Yeah!ed this but I did so there ya go

Hey at least that stuff is quick to find on Facebook, as opposed to in person where you can go a while before those flags begin to pop up.
Also I don't wanna be so self-centered as to compare personal lives but like, trust me, you're not doing too bad. At least you're trying, and finding people, and recognizing what doesn't work. That's more valuable than you might realize, as much as it sucks to be in that stage.

I tried dating sites when I was younger and they kept feeding me someone I had already dated in high school and did not like.
I found the love of my life the good old fashioned way: real world socializing and patience.
Years later I tried the socializing thing and had a friend introduce me into a group thinking it'd be good for me and guess who in that group they were trying to set me up with? Yep, you guessed it: Frank Stallone.
that's obviously not her name I just couldn't help but make the reference

Why are people talking about Sony acquisitions again?

TWENTY EIGHT RUNSSSSSS

EAT IT RED SOX
As a Boston area resident I'm still amazed that Boston.com's homepage wasn't in full on "end times" mode. I guess that's only when the Patriots lose.

Boston sports culture sucks so much

It’s pretty nuts how much blade related content is in Xenoblade 2. I’m definitely not going to be able to see it all in this playthrough. May as well just try to get what I can with my main blades.

Spectrum swapping our phone and internet speeds when we cancelled the phone certainly wasn't the reason I was expecting for the internet being so slow lately.

Only matches I get on dating apps are conservatives or people outside of my country looking to marry and get US citizenship. This close to giving up. It's not like I live in a red state. It's one of the bluest states there is.

So the extra mode of River City Saga Three Kingdoms does have RCG Misako an Kyoko version, with their movesets adapted and they are really fun to play, specially Kyoko with the pogo kicks

8sdVhYY.gif

My Dad: Well The Old Man ended up being a dud.
Me: What? I thought you were really enjoying it!
Dad: I was till the end, when they ended it on a stupid cliffhanger.
Me: Oooohh they set up a second season, huh?
Dad: I dunno, what's that?
Me: They ended the first season on a big cliffhanger so you'll tune in for the second season next year.
Dad: Well they can stick it. I ain't waiting a year.

Yall my dad would make a terrible F-Zero fan

Does anyone here know if there are any other cutscenes in the challenge mode DLC for Xenoblade 2 beyond the characters’ introductions?

Oof, online dating is being brought up. That's a fair few rants I'll bottle up.

I'll settle for agreeing with @Derachi - Stuff like this really do happen when you least expect it to, and maybe even when you stop looking altogether. I always thought of myself (single since 2009) as the forever alone poster girl, and out of absolutely nowhere I found the most wonderful person. Never ended up in a conventional relationship, but still managed to find something invaluable that day.

Taking my PS2 to a local repair shop to see if they can figure out why it's still taking 3 minutes to boot anything even after I tried replacing the laser on my own. I have a sinking feeling it's going to be PCSX2 time or bust, but at least I feel less silly about wanting to rebuy all those remasters of PS1/PS2 era Squaresoft games.

like imagine copying games like metroid and castlevania and then saying you brought story to platformers. and then the story in your game is 3 cutscenes and a couple of cheap emotional tricks.
Imagine at this point trying to claim that you brought literally anything to any genre.

And back to just the platformer genre, I had a whole thing I wrote up here months and months ago about the story progression in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and how it didn't need an ounce of dialogue or cutscenes to convey. Level progression and character action through sprite animation told a whole story. In the 90s.

The fuckin arrogance of that guy, holy shit.

I don’t do online dating but sometimes I’ll look up old flames on FB just to see what they’re up to nowadays and, well, let’s just say I’m glad things didn’t work out with any of them 😂

Just to give you an idea: one of them is now deeply involved in a weird religious cult (the kind where you pledge your life savings). Another is into batshit crazy conspiracy theories. And another spams their feed with Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro bs.

Imagine at this point trying to claim that you brought literally anything to any genre.

And back to just the platformer genre, I had a whole thing I wrote up here months and months ago about the story progression in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and how it didn't need an ounce of dialogue or cutscenes to convey. Level progression and character action through sprite animation told a whole story. In the 90s.

he's just so full of himself. in other tweets he's talking about zelda and souls and stuff and saying how he's going to create the new thing in the action adventure genre. not to mention claiming he was the one who parted ways with MS to go multiplatform when we know MS refused to fund their next game because of their toxic work culture.

I don’t do online dating but sometimes I’ll look up old flames on FB just to see what they’re up to nowadays and, well, let’s just say I’m glad things didn’t work out with any of them 😂

Just to give you an idea: one of them is now deeply involved in a weird religious cult (the kind where you pledge your life savings). Another is into batshit crazy conspiracy theories. And another spams their feed with Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro bs.
Sounds like a bad sitcom idea for something like ION channel.

like imagine copying games like metroid and castlevania and then saying you brought story to platformers. and then the story in your game is 3 cutscenes and a couple of cheap emotional tricks.

I think Super Metroid has incredible storytelling, told very sparsely and minimalistically. Like, it creates this story arc with the Metroid baby with pretty much nothing.

I think Super Metroid has incredible storytelling, told very sparsely and minimalistically. Like, it creates this story arc with the Metroid baby with pretty much nothing.
for sure. the minimal, environmental storytelling of super metroid is absolutely masterful.

not sure why but i'm reading the twitter page of the ori creative director and came across one of the most ridiculous things i've ever read

Ninja Gaiden trilogy on NES also comes to mind, and they were filled with cutscenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom