• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not near enough shitposting for me to catch up on after coming out of the movie theater. Kinda disappointed in yall, ngl.

Started playing Persona 5 Royal today. Forgot how slow this game starts but I'm pretty tired today so maybe that's a good thing. Just lay back and take things easy.

Not near enough shitposting for me to catch up on after coming out of the movie theater. Kinda disappointed in yall, ngl.

Let's get this shit flowing

doritos-mountain-dew-chips-1585575352.jpg

Started playing Persona 5 Royal today. Forgot how slow this game starts but I'm pretty tired today so maybe that's a good thing. Just lay back and take things easy.
The actual beginning is slow once it starts in the calendar, but maaaaaan do I love the action-packed teaser of an opening section. I'm always a sucker for a good in media res start and a frame story, it really gives the game a good structure and way to keep you thinking about moving toward that event.

@MisterSpo mass effect is on sale on steam. Tempted to get it but I am not going to get anything new for a while. Granted, I wouldn’t mind having Shepard’s adventures on my steam deck. I was reminded by your recent runs of the game

Only thing I’m willing to buy is if octopath traveler goes on sale on switch

This DF hate is one of the most hilarious things I’ve seen on here. They obviously take a lot of time for their videos, they examine so many details and give great insight. What console warring guys make out of it doesn’t have anything to do with the content. They‘ll also use some game reviews for arguing but should we abandon game reviews because of that? It’s funny that when DF praise a Switch Port people come here and say „look, there’s a new fantastic DF video“ and now they’re the bad guys again.

This DF hate is one of the most hilarious things I’ve seen on here. They obviously take a lot of time for their videos, they examine so many details and give great insight. What console warring guys make out of it doesn’t have anything to do with the content. They‘ll also use some game reviews for arguing but should we abandon game reviews because of that? It’s funny that when DF praise a Switch Port people come here and say „look, there’s a new fantastic DF video“ and now they’re the bad guys again.
I'm... pretty sure most people here were agreeing with that? Talking about it as to how it affects discourse, not the content and creators themselves.
I‘m kinda shocked that you can post stuff like this on here. Its fine to criticise journalists but this is straight up right-wing language.
...what

If I can go on a completely uncalled for, random, Friday night rant for a second… can we go over just how disrespected Abba is

The way people talk about them, you’d think they where 70’s Smash Mouth or something. Like some sort of meme band

I’m sorry what “meme” band has like two dozen #1 hit all time BANGERS with enough recognizable songs to fill the set list of several direct sequel musical movies

They ain’t 70’s Smash Mouth they are the Swedish Beatles mother fucker

They're not the blame for anything but they do attract some toxic following. Their honesty about Switch performance gives material for Switch haters in the online space. Everytime they say "30 fps with dips" you see people shitting on the game worst way possible. They're not the bad guys but they're surrounded by some.

It was pain to read that era thread about Bayo 3 DF review.

If I can go on a completely uncalled for, random, Friday night rant for a second… can we go over just how disrespected Abba is

The way people talk about them, you’d think they where 70’s Smash Mouth or something. Like some sort of meme band

I’m sorry what “meme” band has like two dozen #1 hit all time BANGERS with enough recognizable songs to fill the set list of several direct sequel musical movies

They ain’t 70’s Smash Mouth they are the Swedish Beatles mother fucker
Who in the everlasting fuck doesn't respect ABBA?

The people who made fun of me for liking them in the 90s
ick, that sucks..
I don't have a way to make that funny. I wish I did. I was made fun of in the 90s for the music I liked, too. I remember there was a "bring your CDs to school" day in drama class and I was all excited, I put one on and it was like 30 seconds before kids started groaning, and one got up, went to the stereo and pulled my CD out and put it on my desk.

You're not alone. People suck.

We hating digital foundry now? John Linneman produces such great content and has a great critical eye. I don’t particular care about absolute peak performance, but they make great videos for people that care about those things. No need to hate on them.

They're not the blame for anything but they do attract some toxic following. Their honesty about Switch performance gives material for Switch haters in the online space. Everytime they say "30 fps with dips" you see people shitting on the game worst way possible. They're not the bad guys but they're surrounded by some.

It was pain to read that era thread about Bayo 3 DF review.
100%.

DF is important to documentation and for giving feedback so, as far is possible, devs can provide patches and fixes.. But it's the discourse that results and people that only consume their content and makes their vision skewed because of it that sucks all the joy of talking about video games online.

This reminds me of when the Toyota 86 came out and auto journalists were all "this is one of the best handling cars on the market today but man it needs another hundred or two horsepower," which turned into a situation where you couldn't bring the car up without getting trashed for it being almost undrivable because it didn't have the same horsepower numbers as a Mustang.

It's still one of my favorite cars of the past 25 years, it's an absolute treat to drive, but it often feels like everyone hates it because the brochure doesn't have the right numbers.

Can't even get MW2 impressions anymore all I'm seeing is video cards and performance impressions. They're lucky I'm bald because I'd be tearing my hair trying to find out how the game actually plays

So I've been listening to videos from Sonic Youtubers while falling asleep at night. I find the Sonic series interesting but I'm not so invested that anything someone says can make me upset. So it makes for decent content to fall asleep to. But I'm finding how insane and drama filled the Sonic Youtube community can be. I also find it funny that they all seem to really love and really differing games in the series.

So I've been listening to videos from Sonic Youtubers while falling asleep at night. I find the Sonic series interesting but I'm not so invested that anything someone says can make me upset. So it makes for decent content to fall asleep to. But I'm finding how insane and drama filled the Sonic Youtube community can be. I also find it funny that they all seem to really love and really differing games in the series.
the sonic fandom is seriously one of the most robust and interesting in video games

Now you've got me picturing a house decorated with Doritos, like lines of chips strung up like a garland, empty bags turned into balloons, the works.
They really tie the room together

I also find it funny that they all seem to really love and really differing games in the series.
Sonic as a series has been so drastically changed several times that, yeah, you're gonna have fans of the Genesis ones who don't like the boost ones and vice versa because they aren't really the same type of game.

You also have Dreamcast fans who think both the Genesis boomers and the boost-era zoomers are missing out.
I may or may not be talking about myself

the sonic fandom is seriously one of the most robust and interesting in video games
Why thank you ☺️

One thing I miss about being kid, being able to open the mailbox with not even the slightest hint of anxiety. Maybe even some excitement because your magazine was coming. As an adult, while 97% of the time it's just spam, you're always anticipating there's going to be some unexpected bill or notice bullshit that's gonna ruin your day.

One thing I miss about being kid, being able to open the mailbox with not even the slightest hint of anxiety. Maybe even some excitement because your magazine was coming. As an adult, while 97% of the time it's just spam, you're always anticipating there's going to be some unexpected bill or notice bullshit that's gonna ruin your day.
I do all my bills online now so the only thing I'm ever afraid of from the mail is a jury summons. And I haven't received one in like eight years so I'm worried.

It feels so surreal playing Bayonetta 3. After 5 years of its announcement. I think playing the TotK will feel the same way. Even though the waiting wasn't as much. Although, it really felt as such.

They really tie the room together

Sonic as a series has been so drastically changed several times that, yeah, you're gonna have fans of the Genesis ones who don't like the boost ones and vice versa because they aren't really the same type of game.

You also have Dreamcast fans who think both the Genesis boomers and the boost-era zoomers are missing out.
I may or may not be talking about myself

Why thank you ☺️

They are certainly a passionate bunch. Youtubers for Nintendo series are pretty mild and chill by comparison (well with the exception of Pokemon maybe). While they of course have their individual preferences for specific games in the Mario, Zelda, etc. series, they usually don't outright hate specific games or at the very least, acknowledge what each of the individual games brings to the series either through gameplay or lore. The Sonic community though, they're putting their fighting gloves. I was listening to this one the other day about the Sonic Frontiers and they start the video by immediately arguing about Sonic Heroes lol

It feels so surreal playing Bayonetta 3. After 5 years of its announcement. I think playing the TotK will feel the same way. Even though the waiting wasn't as much. Although, it really felt as such.

I feel the same way. It's bringing a smile to my face because it captured the same charm as the other 2 games.

Not port begging, but this game should be made available to everyone. And if not, I hope more and more people get a chance to enjoy it

Finding out Sonic 06 actually has passionate fans was a surreal moment. Just search “Sonic 06 is good” on YouTube and you’ll see a lot of stuff.

(I’m not hating on any of those people, I just find it interesting)

Finding out Sonic 06 actually has passionate fans was a surreal moment. Just search “Sonic 06 is good” on YouTube and you’ll see a lot of stuff.

(I’m not hating on any of those people, I just find it interesting)

Sonic 2006 is a bad game with a lot of bad ideas but I can see why the game has some fans or at the very least, can see the potential in it. If you're just looking at a screenshot or a very small clip of 06, it looks the part of a big, ambitious Sonic game that has a lot of elements that people loved from the Adventure games. It's just when you start playing it and following the story is when it all falls apart.

They are certainly a passionate bunch. Youtubers for Nintendo series are pretty mild and chill by comparison (well with the exception of Pokemon maybe). While they of course have their individual preferences for specific games in the Mario, Zelda, etc. series, they usually don't outright hate specific games or at the very least, acknowledge what each of the individual games brings to the series either through gameplay or lore. The Sonic community though, they're putting their fighting gloves. I was listening to this one the other day about the Sonic Frontiers and they start the video by immediately arguing about Sonic Heroes lol

We're talking about a series where the head of social media would actively make fun of the least-liked entries during official events and the crowd would eat it up.
The Sonic community is nuts.
Good nuts.

I feel the same way. It's bringing a smile to my face because it captured the same charm as the other 2 games.

Not port begging, but this game should be made available to everyone. And if not, I hope more and more people get a chance to enjoy it
A Nintendo owner saying "this Nintendo game should be on other systems so more people can enjoy it!" feels like the opposite of portbegging. Wholesome af is what it is.

A Nintendo owner saying "this Nintendo game should be on other systems so more people can enjoy it!" feels like the opposite of portbegging. Wholesome af is what it is.
Said the same thing a our NMH3. A niche series that had an extremely entertaining entry which more people should get to play.

I was taking out the trash, wearing shorts, white tshirt and socks and sandals because its friday and no way the pants were going to stay, when a group of five 20 something guys next house are ready to get drunk AF in halloween parties saw me
"Dude, It's friday!!! Let's go to party, What are you, 40???"
Me: "yes"
Dude: "Oh.. sorry Sir hope you have a good night"

I don't know how to feel about this

Ooo happy to see this adapted
This a fun enough Isekai with a good gimmick. Been enjoying the manga.

I was taking out the trash, wearing shorts, white tshirt and socks and sandals because its friday and no way the pants were going to stay, when a group of five 20 something guys next house are ready to get drunk AF in halloween parties saw me
"Dude, It's friday!!! Let's go to party, What are you, 40???"
Me: "yes"
Dude: "Oh.. sorry Sir hope you have a good night"

I don't know how to feel about this
Tell them your Halloween costume is "Corvette owner"

Halloween Jazz Day 28: Miles Davis “Fall”

This one is the definition of chill. Love the swing style of the drums (the real star of the song in my opinion), the longer notes from the horn, and the piano key work.

Started playing Baba Is You… Just a few levels and my mind’s already exploding lol.
Baba is You is easily the most my brain has ever hurt during a puzzle game. Some of the later levels are so long and diabolical I remember just... staring at the screen, for like 15-20 minutes, trying to wrap my head around what to do and how to mess with it and make things work. The "eureka" moments are amazing later on but I can only take so much before I feel like my brain is turning into oatmeal and melting out my ears into a puddle on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom