• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Jul. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.

All of the Capcom arcade collection games are 99 cents right now. This is a good way to get these without having to buy games you might have in the other collections.

All of the Capcom arcade collection games are 99 cents right now. This is a good way to get these without having to buy games you might have in the other collections.

Looks like they delisted the bundles too. Definitely considering a few

How is the state of Decenders on Switch? I know it has been patched but how good it is now?
It's okay. Framerate is mostly stable but the main issue is still tied to some environments. Forest is still quite lacking of trees, and the pop-in of Favela is pretty bad if you gain speed. Other than that, it's pretty solid 30fps, except maybe in certain bike parks they added. Still a good version on the go (if you don't have a Deck)

Ok, I got vision correction surgery two weeks ago and I am still recovering so my vision is not optimal yet. HOWEVER, can someone explain me WHAT THE F**K is up with Neon White's font size?!?!? Most of it is ridiculously small, and don't get me started at that box on the top right corner with the tiniest text I ever seen in my life occupying just 20% of the whole box. Who approved that?! That's not even acceptable for a monitor, let alone for the Switch screen.

Does anyone know if they are planning on adjusting the font size to an acceptable size? I am not even one of the usual suspects that complains about this issue... I played the whole Darkest Dungeon with the original font size instead of the updated bigger one because I though it was "fine". But this is just too much.

Game from a gameplay perspective is amazing and I am loving it. But menus/UI design, writing and the font size issues are lowering my great impression of it.

Ok, I got vision correction surgery two weeks ago and I am still recovering so my vision is not optimal yet. HOWEVER, can someone explain me WHAT THE F**K is up with Neon White's font size?!?!? Most of it is ridiculously small, and don't get me started at that box on the top right corner with the tiniest text I ever seen in my life occupying just 20% of the whole box. Who approved that?! That's not even acceptable for a monitor, let alone for the Switch screen.

Does anyone know if they are planning on adjusting the font size to an acceptable size? I am not even one of the usual suspects that complains about this issue... I played the whole Darkest Dungeon with the original font size instead of the updated bigger one because I though it was "fine". But this is just too much.

Game from a gameplay perspective is amazing and I am loving it. But menus/UI design, writing and the font size issues are lowering my great impression of it.
I'm sorry to hear the text is hard to read, that sounds frustrating in an otherwise excellent game.

By the way, it's now 20% off (in the EU)!

I downloaded the update for Dicey Dungeons. I never realized that there was a Halloween update, so I played through those first (found those to be interesting, I especially liked the Witch one where you had to win the battle in one turn), and now have gone through two episodes of the Reunion DLC. The game remains really fun, but some of these enemy card combos are brutal lol

Just a heads up that Into the Breach got a meaty FREE update today with new mechs, new difficulty level, new achievements, new pilots, new maps and more customization options.

One of the best games in the system is getting better!

Last edited:
Just a heads up that Into the Breach got a meaty FREE update today with new mechs, new difficulty level, new achievements, new pilots, new maps and more customization options.

One of the best games in the system is getting better!
These Indies are putting Nintendo and other major publishers to shame tbh. Loads of content for good value with no microtransactions.

I havenā€™t touched a switch for years and I now have a brand new oled.
So stupid questions :
  • are the US and EU online library the same and are the games 60hz in the EU one ?
  • I have an EU and an US account, if I want to sub does it matter which one I use ? Itā€™s very foggy in my memory but every accounts on the console get the online functions, right ?

Yeah I think the EU games are also 60 hz.

Been playing Gum+. Highly recommend it for fans of Baba is you or any puzzle fans. Pretty cheap too.

I finished up the Reunion DLC for Dicey Dungeons. If you're looking for a reason to return to the game, I highly recommend it. The changes they make to the characters, as well as the cards for the enemies, makes the game play totally different than it does during the main campaign. The soundtrack is really good too of course.

Saw Streets Of Rage 4 at a lowest 50% (at least in EU) and went for it after enjoying Ninja Turtles. I think I will combine it with Xenoblade 3. Just a heads up for anyone who might be also interested!

Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon is on sale for $16, its lowest price ever. Anyone here get super into it? Debating whether to wait for a deeper sale.

Some last minute Strange Horticulture impressions for the July thread: I'm three in-game days in, and have a good grasp on the gameplay loop and can imagine the types of twists that may be coming later.

The gist of it is that you get customers asking for plants. They might describe what they need it for, such as sleeping better, just say the name of the plant, say the name of the plant but in Latin, or anything really. You are also sometimes given options - e.g. to either give the plant they want or a poisonous one to a customer that behaves badly. The twist is that you don't know anything about the plants you have until you have identified them, and the identification is essentially detective work based on a book of horticulture you have that describes, with varying levels of detail, what a plan looks like and what it can be used for.

This is a port of a PC game played with a mouse, and that sadly shows in the UI. You have a cursor that is moved with the left analogue stick (handheld mode also supports touch controls), and I wish they had done more to make it more console friendly. There's also a lot of small text, and the only solution they give you for that is being able to zoom anywhere on the screen. This works well enough, but it would be better if it wasn't needed in the first place. I'm playing in handheld mode on an OLED, but reading the text on an even smaller screen of the other Switch models may get quite difficult.

I'm enjoying the game a lot. The thinking process it requires reminds me of Return of the Obra Dinn more than anything, even though the actual gameplay is quite different. I just wish they had done more to make the UI work on a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom