• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Dec. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both great, but if you don't have nostalgia for Diablo 2, then it might feel a little dated.

The action and gameplay in 3 is great and it runs really well on Switch. It's one of those games I always find myself going back to because it just feels so good to play.
Thanks!

Which is the best 3D platformer port on Switch: Spyro Reignited Trilogy or New Super Lucky's Tail?
I've only played the original Super Lucky's Tale and I thought it was excellent. I heard this is even better, and smoother, so I think you'd be in for a great time there. Very charming game with a 90s platformer vibe and some breezy but enjoyable platforming that gives way to some increased and engaging challenge later in the game.

Edit: reading up a bit more on wiki, seems there are some relatively minor performance issues:

In his review for Nintendo World Report, John Rairdin considered the Nintendo Switch to be a more appropriate platform for a game he considered to be "Xbox One's strangest exclusive". For Rairdin, the existing content had been improved upon and felt new. He listed the game's presentation, 3D platforming, and additional story content as its strengths, while its few weaknesses include control schemes for the 2D stages and mild performance issues.[4]

Chris Scullion from Nintendo Life summarized that New Super Lucky’s Tale is a "solid port of an underrated platformer with a greatly improved camera. It's a little on the short side and may not provide much of a challenge to more hardened gamers – and if you already own it on Xbox One there really isn't enough 'new' here to warrant a second purchase – but what makes it worth a look is its uncanny ability to make you smile, and this is something that can't be overlooked, especially in modern times".[3]

John Cal McCormick gave a positive review: he found the game to be "relentlessly jolly" at "just the right length", and is amused by the option of dressing Lucky up like Indiana Jones, but disapproved of the excessive loading screens as well as cutscenes which cannot be skipped when replaying levels.[1]

Gamespew gave the Switch version an average review, while the Xbox One version was reviewed more favorably, with reviewer Kim Snaith noting that the latter port lacked the "occasional performance hiccup" of the Switch release.[17]

Which is the best 3D platformer port on Switch: Spyro Reignited Trilogy or New Super Lucky's Tail?
Super Luckys tale is better as a port. It is actually much improved port. Spyro games are all good games with lots of content, but those also have frame pacing issues (I've heard all versions suffer from this) and slightly soft image. Didn't bother me much though. Spyro games are somewhat classics and Luckys tale is more like an underrated 3d platformer. Both are good but different.

I've been playing the original Yooka-Laylee, and while it admittedly is somewhat clumsy, I'm liking it way more than I would have expected. It's nowhere near as good as Impossible Lair, but I guess a lot of the internet impressions have been affected by whatever happened with the Kickstarter.

I've been playing the original Yooka-Laylee, and while it admittedly is somewhat clumsy, I'm liking it way more than I would have expected. It's nowhere near as good as Impossible Lair, but I guess a lot of the internet impressions have been affected by whatever happened with the Kickstarter.

It was much improved by the time it came to Switch. And it's pretty good port. It's not bad. Pretty ok 3d platformer with some issues and with current sale prices easily worth it.

My last purchases of 2022:

Picross X: Picbits vs Uzboros - feels like the NES Remix or WarioWare of Picross. You're always solving a series of 5 x 5 puzzles in quick succession but different conditions, difficulties and rulesets start presenting themselves, like "only fill in the Xs" or "solve each row in order" or "diffuse bombs." There's a lot of cosmetic customization, skills to unlock and level up, six medals per stage to earn by completing certain requirements, along with high score and online modes. It's not going to satisfy those hungry for another entry in the Picross S series as it's a completely different beast, but I've been enjoying it.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe Edition - It was on sale for $3 and I like Marvel so I picked it up. I've only played a little bit so far but it's pretty much your standard LEGO fare. Not mind blowing, but fun!

The Pizza Delivery Boy Who Saved the World - Another one on sale for $3. A short (under 2 hours), silly, low budget visual novel about a listless pizza delivery guy that runs into someone claiming to be him from the future. Hijinks ensue. It uses photos of actual people and locations for its graphics which gives it a goofy charm and the writing is amusing enough. If you don't like visual novels this one won't change your mind, and even if you do like visual novels this still might not be your cup of tea. But I found it to be a cute little diversion.

Saw Mulaka at deep sale on eshop. Is it still a thing that the performance update is only for much later released physical version? If that is the case I'm not buying anything from this developer ever no matter what they make!

Saw Mulaka at deep sale on eshop. Is it still a thing that the performance update is only for much later released physical version? If that is the case I'm not buying anything from this developer ever no matter what they make!
Yeah, as far as I know the updates where only for the physical edition. They really lost me on that one and as much as I want to support mexican devs I can't support this practice. With that said the digital version did get some patches and overall the game runs decent if you still want to buy it

Finished the game today. I have no intention of going for 100% and some parts of it were definitely rough, but overall I'm feeling positively about it. The final boss not so much: While it didn't take too many attempts, you always had to grind through the first couple of phases that were trivial in difficulty, but took a lot of time.

I played a bit of Banjo on NSO, but only saw like three levels I think. After enjoying Yooka-Laylee, I guess I should give it another go.

Finished the game today. I have no intention of going for 100% and some parts of it were definitely rough, but overall I'm feeling positively about it. The final boss not so much: While it didn't take too many attempts, you always had to grind through the first couple of phases that were trivial in difficulty, but took a lot of time.

I played a bit of Banjo on NSO, but only saw like three levels I think. After enjoying Yooka-Laylee, I guess I should give it another go.
You really should, the levels get better as you progress. They are very easy though nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom