• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Dec. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull the plug on hades? Is it that good? Essential?
It’s a solid roguelike that does a lot to appeal to people outside of the roguelike genre fans. Also has superb art and music. Well worth the 25 bucks I bought it for.

Pull the plug on hades? Is it that good? Essential?

I think it's one of the few roguelike games that I've played that successfully meshes the idea of continually dying with the narrative. I think it really depends what you're looking for, but it's, in my opinion, a fairly accessible roguelike game that does a lot of things incredibly well. I got around 80 hours out of it and basically only stopped to play other games. I could have easily kept going and enjoying it.

Hades has ruined other roguelikes for me. I put in like 200 hours before I tapped out probably 90% of the voice acting and decided I had to retire the game. That said it's not for everyone as at the end of the day it's a roguelike just a very good roguelike.

Elechead is 20% off. May grab that, I remember a lot of you here enjoying that one.
It was really clever and enjoyable. Filled with imaginative content but still satisfyingly short. I think you'll dig it!

We're still at it with the addictive and amazing Dicey Dungeons, which is $2 again. We've poured in dozens of hours. Going for the last two achievements besides the final level, then we'll do the final level and the DLC. We've been playing it since the beginning of September. 🎲😄

I noticed Cloudpunk is £4.99 now, did the Switch version ever get patched after the woeful launch or is it still not worth buying?

I still haven't played Hades. I know it was the 2020 GOTY for many and is considered to be one of the indie greats, but I was rather lukewarm on Bastion and Transistor, the two earlier Supergiant games I've played, and to me Hades looks quite similar to those two. I do feel like it's become part of some general gaming knowledge though and that I should play some of it even if don't end up liking it.

I know it was the 2020 GOTY for many and is considered to be one of the indie greats, but I was rather lukewarm on Bastion and Transistor, the two earlier Supergiant games I've played, and to me Hades looks quite similar to those two.
I also do not like Supergiant games and frankly Hades, while their best work, would still not be something I’d say I particularly liked. The production is astounding and I do like the effort to cater to non-roguelike fans especially in the story department. However, I didn’t really get addicted to the gameplay loop like I did with Binding of Isaac and Slay the Spire. The combat is polished but it’s lacking a few extra bits of ooomph to really reel me in.

I ended up just seeing as much of the story as I could then stowed it away. Meanwhile I still return to other roguelikes.

I still haven't played Hades. I know it was the 2020 GOTY for many and is considered to be one of the indie greats, but I was rather lukewarm on Bastion and Transistor, the two earlier Supergiant games I've played, and to me Hades looks quite similar to those two. I do feel like it's become part of some general gaming knowledge though and that I should play some of it even if don't end up liking it.
I couldn’t get into Bastion or Transistor at all either and while Hades has some visual similarities, it is in a different universe in terms of how it feels to play and how engaging the premise is. I still have some big criticisms of Hades as a roguelite, but it is a vastly more enjoyable game than their earlier stuff (though I haven’t played Pyre, but that one looks nice too)—definitely worth giving it a shot

I kinda feel the same about these two games as well but Hades is my favorite roguelike, my 2020 GOTY, one of my favorite games on Switch and a top 3 indie game for me

The biggest difference I would say is how defined the gameplay loop is. Bastion is a pretty game and was pretty hyped back then, it apparently had Zelda and Diablo inspirations but it doesn’t scratch either of those itches at all, it’s a pretty straightforward action game. Transistor is the same, it’s even prettier and more unique but besides battling you don’t have much agency throughout the game, like you get lore dumps for reading the terminals and unlocking the character backstories by using their abilities but that’s it. Hades has a much stronger hook than either of those games. First off the roguelike structure obviously spices things up. It’s a faster paced game as well so you feel much more powerful in action. Now the thing is that Hades actually encourages you to try different builds, you get to choose with which god you get to max your relationship level with first. This gives you a level of agency that isn’t really present in their previous games. Speaking of builds, the game has great balance, no runs feel dead since you always can make the most of what you get. I feel like a problem with a lot of roguelikes is when they have huge difficulty spikes, or when they are way too rng dependent so unless you get the right loot and synergy the game simply isn’t fun. Hades is one of the rare roguelikes that don’t fall into this trap at all (the only other ones I played so far that do this well are Slay the Spire and I guess Vampire Survivors). It’s definitely a no brainer, even if you end up not playing it until you get the true ending you’re still looking at a solid 15-20 hour action game for half price at worst, go for it tbh

It was really clever and enjoyable. Filled with imaginative content but still satisfyingly short. I think you'll dig it!

I ended up picking that up (along with Papetura and Disco Elysium) and played a little bit last night. Definitely enjoying it so far.

Heads up EU Fami. But I'm sure you'll have already seen this ahah

Yeah, Dekudeals just notified me about six new games on my wishlist being on sale. I'm sure I'll have time for all of those!

On a separate note, I picked up Lil Gator Game. Only played for 20 minutes or so, but seems super charming.

Heads up EU Fami. But I'm sure you'll have already seen this ahah

There are some really good deals there. Like:
  • Civ6 -80%
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair -85%
  • Yoku's Island Express -80%
  • Huntdown -80%
  • Gato Roboto -75%

Tempted myself to get Cursed to Golf now on its first sale (-25%).

There are some really good deals there. Like:
  • Civ6 -80%
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair -85%
  • Yoku's Island Express -80%
  • Huntdown -80%
  • Gato Roboto -75%

Tempted myself to get Cursed to Golf now on its first sale (-25%).
Yep, tons of stuff really. I'd add:
  • Axiom Verge -70%
  • Valkyria Chronicles -70%
  • Yooka-Laylee -90%
And many more at all time lows or matching previous discounts.

Yeah, Dekudeals just notified me about six new games on my wishlist being on sale. I'm sure I'll have time for all of those!

On a separate note, I picked up Lil Gator Game. Only played for 20 minutes or so, but seems super charming.

Tempted to grab that one as well. A lot of the impressions I've read say it gives A Short Hike vibes, which is absolutely a positive.

Tempted to grab that one as well. A lot of the impressions I've read say it gives A Short Hike vibes, which is absolutely a positive.
It definitely has a similar vibe, maybe even to a fault. The writing, setup, characters and gameplay constantly remind me of A Short Hike, and that can be a little annoying even though it is a very good game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoyed my time with Lil Gator Game! After a quick tutorial you are free to explore the world, and it's simply fun to just climb, glide and shield surf around. This is what I loved about Breath of the Wild as well, and based on all the Zelda nods, I would imagine it's been a source of inspiration for the developers as well.

Last edited:
I can’t recommend Huntdown enough at 80% off- it’s fast-paced, funny and the variety in the boss fights is great too. One of the best run-and-gun games I’ve played in a very long time.

Reckon I’ll pick up Valkyria Chronicles again. Haven’t played it since the PS3 game but I do think the original is still the best and that’s a good price.

I can’t recommend Huntdown enough at 80% off- it’s fast-paced, funny and the variety in the boss fights is great too. One of the best run-and-gun games I’ve played in a very long time.

Reckon I’ll pick up Valkyria Chronicles again. Haven’t played it since the PS3 game but I do think the original is still the best and that’s a good price.
I second the Huntdown recommendation. At just 4€ is an absolute steal, that game is stellar.

Loop Hero is 50% off (7,5€). It features the best OST ever made! Prove me wrong 🤨

I really like Lil Gator Game. I'm immersed to the world and feels like I am the kid who is playing these imaginative kids games with others. I think that it's as good as Short Hike or at least close. Good looking game with stable enought 60fps and with good controls and freedom.

Impossible Lair and Yoku's Island Express are platforming essentials IMO on Switch. At those prices they are beyond a steal.

Ooh and I see Dicey Dungeons is a mere $1.99 again. I paid about $20 for it and it's the best unexpected gaming purchase I've made in ages. Still mainly been playing just that since September 1st.

Finished playing through ElecHead tonight. Really cool game. I think my favorite bits were the set of rooms that
required you to walk over the checkpoints to reset the room so your head could drop onto lower platforms
and the last bit at the end where
you have to make your way back to the beginning of the game
I did end up getting all of the gold collectibles and saw both of the endings too. They were...interesting lol.

Finished playing through ElecHead tonight. Really cool game. I think my favorite bits were the set of rooms that
required you to walk over the checkpoints to reset the room so your head could drop onto lower platforms
and the last bit at the end where
you have to make your way back to the beginning of the game
I did end up getting all of the gold collectibles and saw both of the endings too. They were...interesting lol.
Really glad you dug it! I recommend looking up secrets because there is a really obscure one that I don't think more than 5% of players would come across and it includes a few extra puzzles. I only knew to look it up because @eli mentioned it.

In other news, Pompom: The Great Space Rescue, an exceptionally well reviewed platformer akin to the Rayman Legends Murfy Levels, is on sale for $8. There's a demo so I plan to try that first.

The NA critically acclaimed sale ends in a few hours

I’m gonna cave in and buy the Portal collection. I played the first game like three years ago so I guess I’ll go straight to Portal 2 since the sequel came out 4 years later at the time, the first game is still somewhat fresh in my memory so don’t wanna get too burned out. Everyone says 2 is even better so I guess it’s good timing to wrap up the end of the year with a potentially goated game. Now I don’t wanna build a huge backlog, I’m currently playing Nier Automata and just got Ending A but I guess before starting the next playthrough I could squeeze in a shorter game, the sale came up at a good time

May even pick up some of those other games at new lowest prices from the recent sale but we’ll see

Really glad you dug it! I recommend looking up secrets because there is a really obscure one that I don't think more than 5% of players would come across and it includes a few extra puzzles. I only knew to look it up because @eli mentioned it.

In other news, Pompom: The Great Space Rescue, an exceptionally well reviewed platformer akin to the Rayman Legends Murfy Levels, is on sale for $8. There's a demo so I plan to try that first.

Hard to say what you're referring to offhand lol. You can spoil it for me.

I played through Lil Gator Game today. Really enjoyable and charming game. The dialogue was mostly fun, and I really liked the theme of sibling relationships and how things can change as we age. I liked all the items you could craft/buy, and how while some were practical for the game's objectives, some were just there to goof around with. Not a super long game, but a perfect game to play through on a weekend/free day.

I've been working on putting together a little automated tool that will generate a post highlighting new sales. Still playing around with it, but would that be something worth posting in this thread. I was thinking every Friday I could just post a sale roundup.
  • It is only pulling from the eShop
  • Currently NA only, but I'm hopeful I should be able to expand it to the EU as well
  • It's currently only going to show titles that are at an all time low
    • Even with that, there are still >600 games at an all time low, so it will be further reduced by only showing games that have been marked well known or highlighted in these threads this year. I'll also be going through the list by hand and marking some as notable, as lots of things have slipped through the cracks and aren't marked as notable in my game db. (I should theoretically have to do this less over time as my db of games begins to have most of the notable games marked)
I'm thinking it will look something like this, but I'm welcome to feedback.

- 2K -
BioShock: The Collection - $9.99 (80%)
Borderlands Legendary Collection - $9.99 (80%) New Low
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - $5.99 (80%) New Low
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Platinum Edition - $14.99 (70%)

- Activision -
Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time - $19.99 (50%)
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - $13.99 (65%) New Low
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - $15.99 (60%) New Low

- Aspyr -
STAR WARS Episode I Racer - $7.49 (50%)
STAR WARS Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - $4.99 (50%)
STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - $9.99 (50%)
STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic Bundle - $20.99 (30%)
STAR WARS Republic Commando - $7.49 (50%)
STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed - $12.99 (35%) New Low

- Blizzard Entertainment -
Blizzard Arcade Collection - $9.99 (50%)
Diablo II: Resurrected - $13.19 (67%) New Low
Diablo Prime Evil Collection - $19.79 (67%) New Low

- CAPCOM -
Mega Man Legacy Collection - $7.99 (47%)
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 - $7.99 (60%)
Mega Man X Legacy Collection - $7.99 (60%)
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 - $7.99 (60%)
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection - $14.99 (50%)

- FDG Entertainment -
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King - $3.74 (75%)
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - $9.99 (75%)
Slayin 2 - $2.99 (75%)

- Plug In Digital -
Revita - $12.74 (25%)
Souldiers - $15.99 (20%) New Low

- SQUARE ENIX -
Chocobo GP - $24.99 (50%)
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! - $15.99 (60%)
DRAGON QUEST - $3.24 (35%)
DRAGON QUEST II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line - $4.21 (35%)
DRAGON QUEST III: The Seeds of Salvation - $8.11 (35%)
DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS - $14.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition - $11.99 (60%)
FINAL FANTASY IX - $10.49 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY VII - $7.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered - $9.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY XV POCKET EDITION HD - $11.99 (60%)
I Am Setsuna - $15.99 (60%)
Legend of Mana - $14.99 (50%)
LOST SPHEAR - $14.99 (70%)
ONINAKI - $19.99 (60%)
STAR OCEAN First Departure R - $8.39 (60%)
The DioField Chronicle - $29.99 (50%) New Low
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden - $17.99 (40%) New Low
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars - $17.99 (40%) New Low
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA - $15.99 (60%)

- Team17 -
Blasphemous - $6.24 (75%)
Bravery and Greed - $15.99 (20%) New Low
Crown Trick - $4.99 (75%) New Low
Going Under - $4.99 (75%)
Golf With Your Friends - $4.99 (75%)
Greak: Memories of Azur - $7.99 (60%)
Hokko Life - $13.99 (30%) New Low
Monster Sanctuary - $6.79 (66%)
Moving Out - $6.24 (75%)
My Time at Portia - $7.49 (75%)
Neon Abyss - $7.99 (60%)
Overcooked! 2 - $6.24 (75%)
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos - $5.99 (70%) New Low
The Serpent Rogue - $9.99 (50%) New Low
The Survivalists - $6.24 (75%)
Worms Rumble - $1.99 (87%)
Worms W.M.D - $5.99 (80%)
Yoku's Island Express - $3.99 (80%) New Low
Yooka-Laylee - $3.99 (90%) New Low

- THQ Nordic -
Darksiders Genesis - $11.99 (70%)
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition - $8.99 (70%)
Darksiders Warmastered Edition - $8.99 (70%)

- Ukiyo Publishing -
Battle Brothers – A Turn Based Tactical RPG - $14.99 (50%)
Death Road to Canada - $5.99 (60%)

- Other -
Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions - $12.49 (50%) New Low
Dungeon and Puzzles - $3.99 (60%)
Dying Light: Definitive Edition - $19.99 (60%)
DYSMANTLE - $9.99 (50%) New Low
FAR: Lone Sails - $2.99 (80%)
From Space - $11.99 (20%)
Gotta Protectors: Cart of Darkness - $10.04 (33%) New Low
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition - $29.99 (50%)
Grapple Dog - $7.49 (50%)
Haiku, the Robot - $14.99 (25%) New Low
Light Fingers - $4.99 (75%) New Low
Lumote: The Mastermote Chronicles - $9.99 (50%) New Low
Mixolumia - $11.25 (25%) New Low
Monument - $1.99 (72%)
OlliOlli World - $17.99 (40%)
ScourgeBringer - $9.34 (45%)
Tales from the Borderlands - $14.99 (40%)
Thomas Was Alone - $1.99 (80%)
WINGSPAN - $9.99 (50%)
Wuppo: Definitive Edition - $1.99 (87%)

Hard to say what you're referring to offhand lol. You can spoil it for me.

I played through Lil Gator Game today. Really enjoyable and charming game. The dialogue was mostly fun, and I really liked the theme of sibling relationships and how things can change as we age. I liked all the items you could craft/buy, and how while some were practical for the game's objectives, some were just there to goof around with. Not a super long game, but a perfect game to play through on a weekend/free day.
This is about the 🚀 🗣️😀

Check out 25:32 and once you get the idea of where to go to do this, you'll probably want to stop watching so you don't get spoiled on the resultant secret puzzles. 😄

Love that new feature, @Joedev! It's awesome. Thanks for your hard work on it!! (And everyone should try the wonderful Super Paper Mario-esque Metroidvania Wuppo for a mere $2!)

This is about the 🚀 🗣️😀

Check out 25:32 and once you get the idea of where to go to do this, you'll probably want to stop watching so you don't get spoiled on the resultant secret puzzles. 😄

I did find that, on accident lol. I was trying to see if there was a secret opening anywhere, but ended up falling. When I fell through the floor I had no idea what to do, but saw a platform on the left, so after I fell to the bottom, I teleported back and held left and found that upgrade.

That's one amazing find @Niraj! The secrets and hidden collectibles in that game were so mind-bending and creative. I especially enjoyed the ones you mentioned in your original post above.

The assassin Creed Ezio collection is $9.99 on the ubi soft store with the code HOLIDAY22.

Tempted to buy civ 6 is it good on Switch ?

Sale Update

• NA is highlighting things that have gone on sale since my last post, so it's a smaller list. I imagine NA is probably going to kickoff their official holiday sales soon, so I wanted this to out before then.
  • EU has a list of all notable sales since I didn't have that working initially. Currently doesn't have an eshop link, since I need to work out how that should work with all the different eshops for each country. Does this link take you to the appropriate eShop for your country?
  • There are definitely notable things that I have missed. There are over 1000 titles at all time low and I'm just scanning over them quickly marking things. This should get better over time.

- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment -
GOD EATER 3 - $8.99 (85%)
Little Nightmares I & II Bundle - $14.99 (70%) New Low
MY HERO ONE'S JUSTICE - $5.99 (90%)

- Electronic Arts -
Lost in Random - $5.99 (80%)
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition - $7.99 (80%) New Low
Super Mega Baseball 3 - $13.49 (70%)

- KOEI TECMO AMERICA -
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy - $29.99 (50%)
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - $29.99 (50%)
Attack on Titan 2 - $29.99 (50%)
Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX - $20.99 (30%) New Low

- No More Robots -
Descenders - $9.99 (60%)
Hypnospace Outlaw - $6.99 (65%)
Let's Build a Zoo - $16.99 (15%)
Yes, Your Grace - $2.99 (85%)

- Playdead -
INSIDE - $1.99 (90%)
LIMBO - $1.99 (80%)

- Plug In Digital -
NeuroVoider - $3.49 (75%)
Pompom: The Great Space Rescue - $7.99 (20%) New Low
Splasher - $3.74 (75%)

- Raw Fury -
Atomicrops - $4.49 (70%) New Low
Atomicrops: Reap What You Crow - $3.99 (20%)
Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition - $3.74 (75%) New Low
GoNNER - $1.99 (80%)
GONNER2 - $3.24 (75%)
Kingdom Two Crowns - $4.99 (75%)
Star Renegades - $9.99 (60%) New Low
West of Dead - $4.99 (75%) New Low

- Thomas K Young -
Dadish - $1.99 (80%)
Dadish 2 - $1.99 (80%)

- Ubisoft -
Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $4.99 (75%)
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Digital Edition - $11.99 (80%)

- Other -
BRIGANDINE The Legend of Runersia - $24.99 (50%) New Low
Cloud Gardens - $10.79 (40%) New Low
ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights - $14.99 (40%) New Low
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition - $3.99 (50%) New Low
Let’s Play! Oink Games - $16.93 (23%) New Low
Little Noah: Scion of Paradise - $10.49 (30%) New Low
Phoenotopia : Awakening - $9.99 (50%)
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - $9.99 (50%) New Low
RPG Time: The Legend of Wright - $20.99 (30%) New Low
Runbow - $2.99 (80%)
SOL CRESTA - $27.19 (32%) New Low
SUPER UFO FIGHTER - $8.99 (25%) New Low
Tails Of Iron - $9.99 (60%)
Tangle Tower - $4.99 (75%)
Time on Frog Island - $12.49 (50%) New Low
Transiruby - $11.99 (20%)
X-Morph: Defense - $1.99 (90%)

- 2K -
BioShock: The Collection - €9.99 (80%)
Borderlands Legendary Collection - €9.99 (80%) New Low
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - €5.99 (80%) New Low
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Platinum Edition - €14.99 (70%)

DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT + A NEW POWER AWAKENS SET - €23.99 (60%)
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4 - €9.79 (86%) New Low

- CAPCOM -
Capcom Fighting Collection - €29.99 (25%)
Devil May Cry 2 - €9.99 (50%)
OKAMI HD - €9.99 (50%)

- Cellar Door Games -
Full Metal Furies - €3.99 (80%) New Low
Rogue Legacy - €2.99 (80%) New Low

- Coatsink Software -
Cloud Gardens - €8.99 (40%) New Low
PHOGS! - €16.74 (33%) New Low

- DANGEN Entertainment -
Astalon: Tears of the Earth - €10.07 (40%)
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling - €14.99 (50%)

- Devolver Digital -
Gato Roboto - €1.99 (75%) New Low
Loop Hero - €7.49 (50%) New Low
Minit - €3.99 (60%)
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse - €4.94 (67%) New Low

- Digerati -
Signs of the Sojourner - €6.99 (65%) New Low
Underhero - €4.24 (75%) New Low

- DotEmu -
Streets of Rage 4 - €12.49 (50%)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - €19.99 (20%)
Windjammers 2 - €13.99 (30%)
Ys Origin - €7.99 (60%)

- Flyhigh Works -
Transiruby - €9.99 (20%)
VOEZ - €10.49 (50%)

- Humble Games -
Ghost Song - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Prodeus - €19.99 (20%)
Temtem - €35.99 (20%)

- Interplay -
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - €23.99 (20%)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II - €27.99 (20%) New Low

- KOEI TECMO AMERICA -
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy - €29.99 (50%)
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - €29.99 (50%)
Attack on Titan 2 - €34.99 (50%)
Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX - €20.99 (30%) New Low

- NIS America -
R-Type Final 2 - €19.99 (50%)
SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION - €19.99 (50%)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III - €29.99 (50%)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - €29.99 (50%)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - €29.99 (50%)

- No More Robots -
Descenders - €9.99 (60%)
Hypnospace Outlaw - €6.01 (65%)
Let's Build a Zoo - €14.27 (15%)
Yes, Your Grace - €2.51 (85%)

- Playdead -
INSIDE - €1.99 (90%)
LIMBO - €0.99 (90%)

- Plug In Digital -
Foretales - €15.99 (20%) New Low
NeuroVoider - €3.49 (75%)
Pompom: The Great Space Rescue - €7.99 (20%) New Low
Revita - €12.74 (25%)
ScourgeBringer - €9.34 (45%)
Souldiers - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Splasher - €3.74 (75%)

- PQube -
Cat Quest II - €2.24 (85%) New Low
Evergate - €3.29 (67%) New Low
Potion Permit - €17.99 (10%) New Low

- Raw Fury -
Atomicrops - €4.49 (70%) New Low
Atomicrops: Reap What You Crow - €3.19 (20%)
Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition - €3.74 (75%) New Low
GoNNER - €1.99 (80%)
GONNER2 - €3.24 (75%)
Kingdom Two Crowns - €4.99 (75%)
Star Renegades - €9.99 (60%) New Low
West of Dead - €4.99 (75%) New Low

- SEGA -
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster - €19.99 (60%) New Low
Sonic Frontiers - €41.99 (30%) New Low
Sonic Origins - €19.99 (50%) New Low
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - €19.99 (50%) New Low
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD - €11.99 (60%)
Two Point Campus - €31.99 (20%)

- SQUARE ENIX -
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! - €15.99 (60%)
Collection of Mana - €19.99 (50%)
DRAGON QUEST - €3.24 (35%)
DRAGON QUEST II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line - €4.21 (35%)
DRAGON QUEST III: The Seeds of Salvation - €8.11 (35%)
DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS - €14.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition - €11.99 (60%)
FINAL FANTASY IX - €10.49 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY VII - €7.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered - €9.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster - €24.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE - €24.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY XV POCKET EDITION HD - €11.99 (60%)
HARVESTELLA - €47.99 (20%) New Low
I Am Setsuna - €15.99 (60%)
KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - €29.99 (50%)
Legend of Mana - €14.99 (50%)
LOST SPHEAR - €14.99 (70%)
NEO: The World Ends with You - €29.99 (50%)
ONINAKI - €19.99 (60%)
STAR OCEAN First Departure R - €8.39 (60%)
Tactics Ogre: Reborn - €42.49 (15%) New Low
The DioField Chronicle - €29.99 (50%) New Low
Trials of Mana - €24.99 (50%)
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden - €17.99 (40%) New Low
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars - €17.99 (40%) New Low
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA - €15.99 (60%)

- StudioMDHR -
Cuphead - €13.99 (30%)
Cuphead - The Delicious Last Course - €6.79 (15%) New Low
Cuphead & The Delicious Last Course - €19.7 (27%) New Low

- Take-Two Interactive -
New Tales from the Borderlands: Deluxe Edition - €29.99 (40%) New Low
Tales from the Borderlands - €14.99 (40%)

- Team17 -
Blasphemous - €6.24 (75%)
Bravery and Greed - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Crown Trick - €4.99 (75%) New Low
Going Under - €4.99 (75%)
Golf With Your Friends - €4.99 (75%)
Greak: Memories of Azur - €7.99 (60%)
Hokko Life - €13.99 (30%) New Low
Monster Sanctuary - €6.79 (66%)
Moving Out - €6.24 (75%)
My Time at Portia - €7.49 (75%)
Narita Boy - €6.24 (75%) New Low
Neon Abyss - €7.99 (60%)
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos - €5.99 (70%) New Low
The Serpent Rogue - €9.99 (50%) New Low
The Survivalists - €6.24 (75%)
Worms Rumble - €1.49 (90%)
Worms W.M.D - €5.99 (80%)
Yoku's Island Express - €3.99 (80%) New Low
Yooka-Laylee - €3.99 (90%) New Low

- The Arcade Crew -
KUNAI - €6.79 (60%)
Young Souls - €16.2 (35%) New Low

- Thomas Happ Games -
Axiom Verge - €5.39 (70%)
Axiom Verge 2 - €13.49 (25%)

- THQ Nordic -
Darksiders Genesis - €11.99 (70%)
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition - €8.99 (70%)
Darksiders Warmastered Edition - €8.99 (70%)

- Thunderful -
Cursed to Golf - €14.99 (25%) New Low
LEGO Bricktales - €26.99 (10%) New Low

- Tikipod -
AQUA KITTY UDX - €2.24 (70%)
ASTRO AQUA KITTY - €3.89 (70%) New Low

- Ubisoft -
Child of Light Ultimate Edition - €4.99 (75%)
MARIO + RABBIDS SPARKS OF HOPE - €44.99 (25%) New Low

- WayForward -
Dawn of the Monsters - €18.33 (30%)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - €8.49 (50%)
Vitamin Connection - €9.01 (50%)

- Other -
A Short Hike - €4.68 (33%)
ARK: Survival Evolved - €9.99 (50%) New Low
Assault Android Cactus+ - €4.99 (75%)
BRIGANDINE The Legend of Runersia - €24.99 (50%) New Low
Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions - €10.49 (50%) New Low
Chasm - €4.49 (75%)
Circus Electrique - €13.99 (30%) New Low
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! - €6.71 (60%)
Don't Starve Together - €11.99 (20%)
Dungeon and Puzzles - €3.23 (60%)
DYSMANTLE - €9.99 (50%) New Low
ElecHead - €7.19 (20%) New Low
ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights - €14.99 (40%) New Low
Farm Together - €11.99 (40%) New Low
FEZ - €6.99 (50%) New Low
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition - €3.99 (50%) New Low
Frogun - €10.49 (30%) New Low
From Space - €11.99 (20%)
Fuga: Melodies of Steel - €23.99 (40%) New Low
Gotta Protectors: Cart of Darkness - €10.04 (33%) New Low
Grapple Dog - €6.64 (50%)
Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch - €31.99 (20%) New Low
Huntdown - €3.99 (80%) New Low
It Takes Two - €29.99 (25%) New Low
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - €29.99 (50%) New Low
Let’s Play! Oink Games - €15.39 (23%) New Low
Life is Strange: True Colors - €29.99 (50%) New Low
Light Fingers - €4.24 (75%) New Low
Little Noah: Scion of Paradise - €10.49 (30%) New Low
Lumote: The Mastermote Chronicles - €9.99 (50%) New Low
Ocean's Heart - €8.99 (40%) New Low
Ooblets - €19.99 (33%) New Low
Phoenotopia : Awakening - €9.99 (50%)
PixelJunk Eden 2 - €6.49 (50%) New Low
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - €9.99 (50%) New Low
RAILGRADE - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Rain World - €8.99 (55%) New Low
Rogue Lords - €14.99 (50%) New Low
RPG Time: The Legend of Wright - €20.99 (30%) New Low
Shovel Knight Dig - €22.49 (10%) New Low
SOL CRESTA - €27.19 (32%) New Low
SUPER UFO FIGHTER - €7.49 (25%) New Low
Teslagrad - €4.49 (70%)
The Jackbox Party Pack 7 - €15.59 (40%) New Low
The Outer Worlds - €19.79 (67%)
The Touryst - €13.99 (30%)
Ultimate Chicken Horse - €7.49 (50%)
Unruly Heroes - €7.99 (60%)
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action - €9.89 (34%)
Wilmot's Warehouse - €6.99 (50%) New Low
Wintermoor Tactics Club - €4.99 (75%) New Low

Sale Update

• NA is highlighting things that have gone on sale since my last post, so it's a smaller list. I imagine NA is probably going to kickoff their official holiday sales soon, so I wanted this to out before then.
  • EU has a list of all notable sales since I didn't have that working initially. Currently doesn't have an eshop link, since I need to work out how that should work with all the different eshops for each country. Does this link take you to the appropriate eShop for your country?
  • There are definitely notable things that I have missed. There are over 1000 titles at all time low and I'm just scanning over them quickly marking things. This should get better over time.

GOD EATER 3 - $8.99 (85%)
Little Nightmares I & II Bundle - $14.99 (70%) New Low
MY HERO ONE'S JUSTICE - $5.99 (90%)

- Electronic Arts -
Lost in Random - $5.99 (80%)
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition - $7.99 (80%) New Low
Super Mega Baseball 3 - $13.49 (70%)

- KOEI TECMO AMERICA -
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy - $29.99 (50%)
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - $29.99 (50%)
Attack on Titan 2 - $29.99 (50%)
Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX - $20.99 (30%) New Low

- No More Robots -
Descenders - $9.99 (60%)
Hypnospace Outlaw - $6.99 (65%)
Let's Build a Zoo - $16.99 (15%)
Yes, Your Grace - $2.99 (85%)

- Playdead -
INSIDE - $1.99 (90%)
LIMBO - $1.99 (80%)

- Plug In Digital -
NeuroVoider - $3.49 (75%)
Pompom: The Great Space Rescue - $7.99 (20%) New Low
Splasher - $3.74 (75%)

- Raw Fury -
Atomicrops - $4.49 (70%) New Low
Atomicrops: Reap What You Crow - $3.99 (20%)
Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition - $3.74 (75%) New Low
GoNNER - $1.99 (80%)
GONNER2 - $3.24 (75%)
Kingdom Two Crowns - $4.99 (75%)
Star Renegades - $9.99 (60%) New Low
West of Dead - $4.99 (75%) New Low

- Thomas K Young -
Dadish - $1.99 (80%)
Dadish 2 - $1.99 (80%)

- Ubisoft -
Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $4.99 (75%)
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Digital Edition - $11.99 (80%)

- Other -
BRIGANDINE The Legend of Runersia - $24.99 (50%) New Low
Cloud Gardens - $10.79 (40%) New Low
ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights - $14.99 (40%) New Low
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition - $3.99 (50%) New Low
Let’s Play! Oink Games - $16.93 (23%) New Low
Little Noah: Scion of Paradise - $10.49 (30%) New Low
Phoenotopia : Awakening - $9.99 (50%)
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - $9.99 (50%) New Low
RPG Time: The Legend of Wright - $20.99 (30%) New Low
Runbow - $2.99 (80%)
SOL CRESTA - $27.19 (32%) New Low
SUPER UFO FIGHTER - $8.99 (25%) New Low
Tails Of Iron - $9.99 (60%)
Tangle Tower - $4.99 (75%)
Time on Frog Island - $12.49 (50%) New Low
Transiruby - $11.99 (20%)
X-Morph: Defense - $1.99 (90%)

- 2K -
BioShock: The Collection - €9.99 (80%)
Borderlands Legendary Collection - €9.99 (80%) New Low
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - €5.99 (80%) New Low
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Platinum Edition - €14.99 (70%)

DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT + A NEW POWER AWAKENS SET - €23.99 (60%)
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4 - €9.79 (86%) New Low

- CAPCOM -
Capcom Fighting Collection - €29.99 (25%)
Devil May Cry 2 - €9.99 (50%)
OKAMI HD - €9.99 (50%)

- Cellar Door Games -
Full Metal Furies - €3.99 (80%) New Low
Rogue Legacy - €2.99 (80%) New Low

- Coatsink Software -
Cloud Gardens - €8.99 (40%) New Low
PHOGS! - €16.74 (33%) New Low

- DANGEN Entertainment -
Astalon: Tears of the Earth - €10.07 (40%)
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling - €14.99 (50%)

- Devolver Digital -
Gato Roboto - €1.99 (75%) New Low
Loop Hero - €7.49 (50%) New Low
Minit - €3.99 (60%)
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse - €4.94 (67%) New Low

- Digerati -
Signs of the Sojourner - €6.99 (65%) New Low
Underhero - €4.24 (75%) New Low

- DotEmu -
Streets of Rage 4 - €12.49 (50%)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - €19.99 (20%)
Windjammers 2 - €13.99 (30%)
Ys Origin - €7.99 (60%)

- Flyhigh Works -
Transiruby - €9.99 (20%)
VOEZ - €10.49 (50%)

- Humble Games -
Ghost Song - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Prodeus - €19.99 (20%)
Temtem - €35.99 (20%)

- Interplay -
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - €23.99 (20%)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II - €27.99 (20%) New Low

- KOEI TECMO AMERICA -
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy - €29.99 (50%)
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - €29.99 (50%)
Attack on Titan 2 - €34.99 (50%)
Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX - €20.99 (30%) New Low

- NIS America -
R-Type Final 2 - €19.99 (50%)
SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION - €19.99 (50%)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III - €29.99 (50%)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - €29.99 (50%)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - €29.99 (50%)

- No More Robots -
Descenders - €9.99 (60%)
Hypnospace Outlaw - €6.01 (65%)
Let's Build a Zoo - €14.27 (15%)
Yes, Your Grace - €2.51 (85%)

- Playdead -
INSIDE - €1.99 (90%)
LIMBO - €0.99 (90%)

- Plug In Digital -
Foretales - €15.99 (20%) New Low
NeuroVoider - €3.49 (75%)
Pompom: The Great Space Rescue - €7.99 (20%) New Low
Revita - €12.74 (25%)
ScourgeBringer - €9.34 (45%)
Souldiers - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Splasher - €3.74 (75%)

- PQube -
Cat Quest II - €2.24 (85%) New Low
Evergate - €3.29 (67%) New Low
Potion Permit - €17.99 (10%) New Low

- Raw Fury -
Atomicrops - €4.49 (70%) New Low
Atomicrops: Reap What You Crow - €3.19 (20%)
Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition - €3.74 (75%) New Low
GoNNER - €1.99 (80%)
GONNER2 - €3.24 (75%)
Kingdom Two Crowns - €4.99 (75%)
Star Renegades - €9.99 (60%) New Low
West of Dead - €4.99 (75%) New Low

- SEGA -
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster - €19.99 (60%) New Low
Sonic Frontiers - €41.99 (30%) New Low
Sonic Origins - €19.99 (50%) New Low
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - €19.99 (50%) New Low
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD - €11.99 (60%)
Two Point Campus - €31.99 (20%)

- SQUARE ENIX -
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! - €15.99 (60%)
Collection of Mana - €19.99 (50%)
DRAGON QUEST - €3.24 (35%)
DRAGON QUEST II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line - €4.21 (35%)
DRAGON QUEST III: The Seeds of Salvation - €8.11 (35%)
DUNGEON ENCOUNTERS - €14.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition - €11.99 (60%)
FINAL FANTASY IX - €10.49 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY VII - €7.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered - €9.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster - €24.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE - €24.99 (50%)
FINAL FANTASY XV POCKET EDITION HD - €11.99 (60%)
HARVESTELLA - €47.99 (20%) New Low
I Am Setsuna - €15.99 (60%)
KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - €29.99 (50%)
Legend of Mana - €14.99 (50%)
LOST SPHEAR - €14.99 (70%)
NEO: The World Ends with You - €29.99 (50%)
ONINAKI - €19.99 (60%)
STAR OCEAN First Departure R - €8.39 (60%)
Tactics Ogre: Reborn - €42.49 (15%) New Low
The DioField Chronicle - €29.99 (50%) New Low
Trials of Mana - €24.99 (50%)
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden - €17.99 (40%) New Low
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars - €17.99 (40%) New Low
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA - €15.99 (60%)

- StudioMDHR -
Cuphead - €13.99 (30%)
Cuphead - The Delicious Last Course - €6.79 (15%) New Low
Cuphead & The Delicious Last Course - €19.7 (27%) New Low

- Take-Two Interactive -
New Tales from the Borderlands: Deluxe Edition - €29.99 (40%) New Low
Tales from the Borderlands - €14.99 (40%)

- Team17 -
Blasphemous - €6.24 (75%)
Bravery and Greed - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Crown Trick - €4.99 (75%) New Low
Going Under - €4.99 (75%)
Golf With Your Friends - €4.99 (75%)
Greak: Memories of Azur - €7.99 (60%)
Hokko Life - €13.99 (30%) New Low
Monster Sanctuary - €6.79 (66%)
Moving Out - €6.24 (75%)
My Time at Portia - €7.49 (75%)
Narita Boy - €6.24 (75%) New Low
Neon Abyss - €7.99 (60%)
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos - €5.99 (70%) New Low
The Serpent Rogue - €9.99 (50%) New Low
The Survivalists - €6.24 (75%)
Worms Rumble - €1.49 (90%)
Worms W.M.D - €5.99 (80%)
Yoku's Island Express - €3.99 (80%) New Low
Yooka-Laylee - €3.99 (90%) New Low

- The Arcade Crew -
KUNAI - €6.79 (60%)
Young Souls - €16.2 (35%) New Low

- Thomas Happ Games -
Axiom Verge - €5.39 (70%)
Axiom Verge 2 - €13.49 (25%)

- THQ Nordic -
Darksiders Genesis - €11.99 (70%)
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition - €8.99 (70%)
Darksiders Warmastered Edition - €8.99 (70%)

- Thunderful -
Cursed to Golf - €14.99 (25%) New Low
LEGO Bricktales - €26.99 (10%) New Low

- Tikipod -
AQUA KITTY UDX - €2.24 (70%)
ASTRO AQUA KITTY - €3.89 (70%) New Low

- Ubisoft -
Child of Light Ultimate Edition - €4.99 (75%)
MARIO + RABBIDS SPARKS OF HOPE - €44.99 (25%) New Low

- WayForward -
Dawn of the Monsters - €18.33 (30%)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero - €8.49 (50%)
Vitamin Connection - €9.01 (50%)

- Other -
A Short Hike - €4.68 (33%)
ARK: Survival Evolved - €9.99 (50%) New Low
Assault Android Cactus+ - €4.99 (75%)
BRIGANDINE The Legend of Runersia - €24.99 (50%) New Low
Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions - €10.49 (50%) New Low
Chasm - €4.49 (75%)
Circus Electrique - €13.99 (30%) New Low
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! - €6.71 (60%)
Don't Starve Together - €11.99 (20%)
Dungeon and Puzzles - €3.23 (60%)
DYSMANTLE - €9.99 (50%) New Low
ElecHead - €7.19 (20%) New Low
ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights - €14.99 (40%) New Low
Farm Together - €11.99 (40%) New Low
FEZ - €6.99 (50%) New Low
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition - €3.99 (50%) New Low
Frogun - €10.49 (30%) New Low
From Space - €11.99 (20%)
Fuga: Melodies of Steel - €23.99 (40%) New Low
Gotta Protectors: Cart of Darkness - €10.04 (33%) New Low
Grapple Dog - €6.64 (50%)
Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch - €31.99 (20%) New Low
Huntdown - €3.99 (80%) New Low
It Takes Two - €29.99 (25%) New Low
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - €29.99 (50%) New Low
Let’s Play! Oink Games - €15.39 (23%) New Low
Life is Strange: True Colors - €29.99 (50%) New Low
Light Fingers - €4.24 (75%) New Low
Little Noah: Scion of Paradise - €10.49 (30%) New Low
Lumote: The Mastermote Chronicles - €9.99 (50%) New Low
Ocean's Heart - €8.99 (40%) New Low
Ooblets - €19.99 (33%) New Low
Phoenotopia : Awakening - €9.99 (50%)
PixelJunk Eden 2 - €6.49 (50%) New Low
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - €9.99 (50%) New Low
RAILGRADE - €15.99 (20%) New Low
Rain World - €8.99 (55%) New Low
Rogue Lords - €14.99 (50%) New Low
RPG Time: The Legend of Wright - €20.99 (30%) New Low
Shovel Knight Dig - €22.49 (10%) New Low
SOL CRESTA - €27.19 (32%) New Low
SUPER UFO FIGHTER - €7.49 (25%) New Low
Teslagrad - €4.49 (70%)
The Jackbox Party Pack 7 - €15.59 (40%) New Low
The Outer Worlds - €19.79 (67%)
The Touryst - €13.99 (30%)
Ultimate Chicken Horse - €7.49 (50%)
Unruly Heroes - €7.99 (60%)
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action - €9.89 (34%)
Wilmot's Warehouse - €6.99 (50%) New Low
Wintermoor Tactics Club - €4.99 (75%) New Low
Thanks for destroying my wallet

I definitely recommend Valkyria Chronicles for under a fiver, if there’s any SRPG fans that haven’t played it yet.

Tangle Tower is an excellent and engrossing PnC with Layton vibes for $5. Loved that game. Great characters, story, presentation and OST.

I think today at 12 PM EST is the typical sale time, but not much from my wishlist went on sale, so I'm guessing we're getting a holiday sale for indies in a few days.

Devolver will have a sale within a day or so, according to the Devolver Public Access Holiday Special stream.

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension is on sale for an all-time low of $7.79 or so. Anyone recommend this one? Is it more like a browser interface type Point 'n' Click (like Hypnospace Outlaw) or more like a traditional PnC (like Röki) or something else entirely?

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension is on sale for an all-time low of $7.79 or so. Anyone recommend this one? Is it more like a browser interface type Point 'n' Click (like Hypnospace Outlaw) or more like a traditional PnC (like Röki) or something else entirely?
Oh yes, very much so, this one's a gem. The gameplay is quite a mix and I wouldn't really want to spoil everything that it does as the discovery is part of the fun, but it has elements of both styles as well as a good few others.

My mini-review from last year:
Well, this was fantastic. Essentially a point-and-click puzzle/adventure game, the premise being that upon loading up the game, the player finds themselves presented with the 'game' insisting that, in fact, there is no game here to be played. Through various interactive elements, the 'game' then proceeds through a diverse series of scenarios, each of which do in fact have characteristics of a game, but presented in a novel manner - without wanting to spoil too much, perhaps the standout sequence presents as a traditional LucasArts-style point-and-click adventure, but rather than directing a protagonist, instead the player progresses by interacting with various peripheral elements - a simple example would be recolouring a 'moon' prop to meet a set of prophesied conditions.

While each of these scenarios is enjoyable to 'play' through - perhaps with the minor exception of a 'clicker' episode, There is No Game: Wrong Dimension excels particularly in its wonderful sense of humour, with judicious fourth wall-breaking throughout - resulting in some of the most laugh-out-loud reactions that I've had in a long while. And yet, despite the humour, by the end of the game there's actually a somewhat touching story too, that we find that the game has been exploring. Highly recommended.

I really enjoyed it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom