• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
AM5SNUn.png

I had a dream where I found out that various influencers and gaming news outlets were given the opportunity to play Metroid Prime 4, and previews were flooding the internet, but they were only allowed to talk about it rather than show any images or videos of it. I somehow was able to sneak my way into one of these events and take a look at the game. It looked pretty much exactly like Metroid Prime Remastered, but I was so overjoyed to finally see the game that I was getting kind of emotional.

Then I woke up.

Summer Games Fest is on the 7th, so first week is probably not happening. Same for the second week with Xbox's event. 19th feels like the best possible time to do it.
Fair point, but if we assume they shadow drop an unannounced remaster the day of the Direct like Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Remastered or whatever (which is in my opinion very likely), I don't think they'll release it the week before Luigi's Mansion 2 HD. That's why I'm leaning more towards the week of June 5.

I throw June 11th in again as my joke speculation. Why? Because the Twitter upload for screenshots on Switch gets disabled ... and it's a tuesday where they usually had their E³ event.

I like how Nintendo could have told us the actual day in June but probably thought "no I still want to see them squirm a little."
Furukawa was like "let's withhold the date so the Famiboards Direct Speculation Thread can continue having fun for a few weeks."

At least we know for sure it's June. Furukawa could have said something vague like "soon" and we would have all been driven up the wall trying to find out when "soon" was.

I'm sorry for your loss.
I actually really enjoyed pikmin 2 this time, the first 2 times I tried playing it I bounced right off after the first 2 caves but this time it finally clicked, it's a very mean and bullshit game but sometimes I can appreciate a totally unfair challenge and the pikmin gameplay is always fun. It's still the worst pikmin mainline game but it was fun (if a little tiring near the end) and I'm glad to have finally played the whole series (except Hey! Pikmin I guess)

Come on Nintendo announce the direct date already, my backlog is thinning so much that I played pikmin 2 for the first time. You’re making me go crazy
I have a huge backlog but dont play games too much. Also I dont think anyone plays games here? /s

But at the same time, I am still excited for a Direct lol

Dealing with Nintendo is like dealing with a Djinn.

You better be very specific in what you wish for.
Nah, when you know what combination of djinns brings what, it's easy. 4 venus djinns give you Judgement and 4 mercury djinns give Boreas and that's all you need lol

Nah, when you know what combination of djinns brings what, it's easy. 4 venus djinns give you Judgement and 4 mercury djinns give Boreas and that's all you need lol

I dunno why my immediate thought was that I'd have to wander in a arbitrary place in the woods to find them, rather than the traditional folklore, but it was.

You're such Golden Sun fans, jeeez.

Nintendo Direct to be announced on June 3rd?

6 Planets is too much for it, this has to be big Switch 2 news. Either a second delay to Switch's 10th anniversary or a Ubisoft leak. Whatever it is, June 3rd'll mark the death of Famiboards. (luckily it ain't 13 Planets, this would mean cancellation)

I want to share an interesting post on twitter(X) that i found today. Nintendo is putting an advertisement at Narita International Airport in Japan, that sell no games but welcoming travelers with mario characters. This show us the current business strategy of Nintendo.

I want to share an interesting post on twitter(X) that i found today. Nintendo is putting an advertisement at Narita International Airport in Japan, that sell no games but welcoming travelers with mario characters. This show us the current business strategy of Nintendo.

Nintendo should put these at every terminal

ganondorf_statue_japan2.jpeg

What's more welcoming than two cute guys at the gates to greet you?

I looked at the headlines of the E3 2021 Nintendo Direct and that has to be one of the best Directs ever, right? It was absolutely loaded.

The posters have been there for five years.

You have 15 points, choose your second half 2024 line-up:

5EPD 3 & Grezzo new 2D ZeldaEPD 8 2D gameEPD 4 or 7 Tomodachi
4Metroid Prime 4Fire Emblem 4 RemakeNew NdCube game
3Zelda remasterNew Warriors game2D-HD timed exclusive
2Mario sports titleBandai-Namco remaster of a Nintendo gameDonkey Kong Country Returns HD
1HAL eShop gameHagi Wii/GC portPC-Engine NSO
I apologize for answering this question now as I know it is bringing back into the thread around one and a half weeks later... I did want to respond to it through because I think this is a cool question!

I think my ideal second half would probably look like
(5) EPD 3 & Grezzo new 2D Zelda (November)
(4) Metroid Prime 4 (October)
(2) Mario sports title (August)
(2) Bandai-Namco remaster of a Nintendo game (Kid Icarus Uprising, you will be reborn) (September)
(2) Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (August)

I think, optimally, this addresses a lot of different things we have talked about here in this thread, such as a Legend of Zelda game and Donkey Kong game this year, still have Mario present in the Fall/Holidays and some pretty awesome games otherwise (Metroid Prime 4 and my beloved, Kid Icarus: Uprising). I do wonder if Metroid Prime 4 is this year is that does hurt the chances of any of the 5-point games being this year because I feel like it would be Nintendo's major holiday game while I think an EPD 8 2D or a new 2D Zelda would probably be larger (in terms of sales)! :)

Honestly Nintendo in airports wise I remember the little booth they have at Kansai (Osaka) being fun (think they had amiibo display as well)

In terms of when direct, honestly I’m feeling a mid to later June considering early seems to be the not-Ninty week and recently Ninty haven’t bothered to get ahead of the others

Sure, but my argument here would be that Another Code and smaller IP are likelier to get remakes rather than brand new entries, whereas DK is much more likely - as a proven and iconic IP - to get the resources and investment for a new entry without needing a remake to re-establish it. DK is automatically worth the higher investment and risk, even if the treatment of the series this decade has been odd to say the least.
for a brand new 2D/3D Donkey Kong game to happen, Nintendo need a development studios, that is willing to make the game, if no one want to work in a new Donkey Kong game, sadly it will mean Donkey Kong will be in a hiatus, until someone want to work with the franchise

for a brand new 2D/3D Donkey Kong game to happen, Nintendo need a development studios, that is willing to make the game, if no one want to work in a new Donkey Kong game, sadly it will mean Donkey Kong will be in a hiatus, until someone want to work with the franchise
Just gimme Donkey Kong 99...😁

Translation:
Possible Direct date: I've received the information that third party games are being set to be available on the eShop on June 11th (a tuesday), which makes me believe that Nintendo's next event could happen that day. Will it? Will it not? We'll find out... (1/2)
(next tweet):
A reminder: This is not a rumour, just an observation based on an information of the release date of games that could be shown on the digital event.

Sorry for the shitty translation, it was done manually, but I believe it's kind of understandable.

Back
Top Bottom