• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think itll be called SOMETHING different. even the remakes of FE1 and 3, while staying close to their original titles, is slightly different. IS internally likes each fire emblem being their own seperate Thing, even the remakes, so i dont see them calling it Genealogy of the Holy War straight up

Also to add to this, I can't see NOA approving the name "Holy War".

There's a subsect of Americans that will get up in arms about that title.

The irony of someone with the username Sin & Punishment being concerned about certain peoples' reaction to the name Holy War isn't lost on me.

Of the three FE remakes, the titles have been:
  • Shadow Dragon (Shadow Dragon and Blade of Light)
  • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Gaiden)
  • New Mystery of the Emblem (Mystery of the Emblem)
Based on that pattern, if they were to follow one of them, my three guesses would be ‘FE: Genealogy’, ‘FE Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War’ or just ‘FE: New Genealogy of the Holy War’

While I think the original intent was for all future remakes to have the Echoes subtitle, I don't think they will be doing that because people just refer to Shadows of Valentia as Echoes these days. The name stuck and Celica is the Emblem of Echoes in Engage.

I really don’t see them using Echoes after how deeply they’ve intertwined that title to Celica/Alm/that game’s identity with it, like Celica being called the “Emblem of Echoes”, her have a skill named after it too, and that being shorthand to refer to FE15. It wouldn’t do FE18 any favors to make it seem like it’s part of a sub series that isn’t obviously connected at a glance to consumers.

I truly deeply believe it will be different and won’t have Echoes in the title. I know this idea was swatted down earlier, but Kit showed some hesitation at them using the original FE4’s name, not only because of the Holy War part but because of how clunky and, frankly, early fan-translation-y it sounds. I know there’s a contingent here who like to dismiss whatever they say on the podcast but they definitely have more insight on how Nintendo would act and think, as having been in very high ranking positions not long ago, than any of us. If one of them would have questioned it, there very likely have been other people currently on the marketing team raising an eyebrow.

Referencing the name of an old unlocalized game within the game’s text in referential material is very different from actually putting that string of words to market in advertisements and store shelves.

It’s a shame if that’s the case, Echoes would’ve been a nice, clean subtitle to differentiate the remakes.
This might not be intentional but all the previous remakes have “Shadows” in the title, so… unofficial Remake Moniker until FE18 breaks the pattern?
  • Fire Emblem (New) Shadow Dragon
  • Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow
  • Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

What was an announcement from a previous Direct that left you physically giddy? Like "bouncing in your seat and making weird noises" excited.
Most recent: Sept 2023 TTYD remake announcement.

Biggest of all time: E3 2019 BotW sequel announcement.

This might not be intentional but all the previous remakes have “Shadows” in the title, so… unofficial Remake Moniker until FE18 breaks the pattern?
  • Fire Emblem (New) Shadow Dragon
  • Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow
  • Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War X Shadow Generations

Here are my predictions for the Direct:
  • Price cut of the Switch.
  • Wind Walker remake or Ocarina of Time remake or new 2.5D Zelda (like Octopath Traveler) featuring her as the main character.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2.
  • Hollow Night Silksong.

Not sur about Metroid Prime 4 as I think It wiill be a cross-generation game and Nintendo might want to show It when Switch 2 will be revealed in automn.

You all... We are less than 36 hours until the announcement of the Direct if everything goes to plan!!! It's all coming together now!!!

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War X Shadow Generations
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Shadow War, in which every character is inexplicably Shadow cosplaying as the FE4 characters and it's never addressed.

P.S.: Genealogy of Shadow wouldn't be a terrible way to describe a lot of Shadow's stories in the Sonic games, from the little I know and remember.

satoru-shibata.png
Remember when Shibata used to be in Directs for us Europeans?

P.S.: Genealogy of Shadow wouldn't be a terrible way to describe a lot of Shadow's stories in the Sonic games, from the little I know and remember.
Hell, Genealogy of Shadow is probably what we're getting in Sonic the Moviehog 3, considering the director worked on cutscenes for Shadow the Hedgehog as one of his earliest filmmaking jobs.

I wonder if FE4 will be there at all, maybe they are saving it for the switch 2 presentation? Engage released last year after all, they can wait a bit more.

(I would love to have it this year tho)

Mario plays beside me
He never buys any games
Hurry up, hurry up, ain't you had enough of this stuff?
Full price remasters, late ports, and subpar games

I can't wait. Can't hardly wait...

Here are my predictions for the Direct:
  • Price cut of the Switch.
  • Wind Walker remake or Ocarina of Time remake or new 2.5D Zelda (like Octopath Traveler) featuring her as the main character.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2.
  • Hollow Night Silksong.

Not sur about Metroid Prime 4 as I think It wiill be a cross-generation game and Nintendo might want to show It when Switch 2 will be revealed in automn.
Congrats, you managed to have a list where the most realistic prediction is silksong

What was an announcement from a previous Direct that left you physically giddy? Like "bouncing in your seat and making weird noises" excited.

There's so many - what a system the Switch is

Super Mario Odyssey E3 trailer
Xeno 2 reveal trailer
Botw Final trailer
Prime 4 reveal trailer - yeah in hindsight this is silly, but at the time.. Nintendo just acknowledging Metroid felt goooood
Smash Bros Reveal
Astral Chain reveal
Totk Reveal
Metroid Dread reveal
Xeno 3 reveal
Mario Wonder reveal

Hell, Genealogy of Shadow is probably what we're getting in Sonic the Moviehog 3, considering the director worked on cutscenes for Shadow the Hedgehog as one of his earliest filmmaking jobs.
I had no idea the director had worked on a Sonic video game, let alone THAT one. Wow.

Congrats, you managed to have a list where the most realistic prediction is silksong
tbh i think silksong's still the 3rd most likely thing on the list.

Zelda in some form seems pretty likely, considering the wealth of mario project's the Switch has leaned on in the last year.
Price cut of the switch is an out there prediction, but it's not unreasonable.

Ef2zD4c.png

That means Nintendo took it down and therefore it was 100% legit, right? Right?

Hmm. That's interesting. No trademark complain in europe.

It's a small channel that make some AI generated, awesome 2 minute trailers how films would look like if they were made in the 1950s.

They make this with all kind of stuff. Looks more like a satire channel.

Hmm. That's interesting. No trademark complain in europe.

It's a small channel that make some AI generated, awesome 2 minute trailers how films would look like if they were made in the 1950s.

They make this with all kind of stuff. Looks more like a satire channel.
It is, it’s made with midjourney.

Not saying it’s a lock by any means, but I think we have a real chance of a “Zelda blowout” at this Direct. The series has been quiet the last couple Directs despite being one of Nintendo’s biggest properties, but I feel like here we could potentially get a new 2D game, news about the movie, WW and / or TP, or other remakes or remasters, perhaps all in a dedicated segment. Or maybe we’ll just get one thing, or nothing at all! Who’s to say.

I wish Ubisoft would bring Far Cry 3 remaster to Switch, with the online multiplayer and Map Editor in it. That would be something for me. ❤️

Actually, just more multiplayer shooters would be cool to me. We don't have a lot of those on Switch I believe.

I found interesting that it seems Nintendo still bring an "e3 tradition" with a direct airing in the afternoon here in Europe, instead of the usual midnight

I found interesting that it seems Nintendo still bring an "e3 tradition" with a direct airing in the afternoon here in Europe, instead of the usual midnight
I am actually surprised that people think most Directs have been at midnight in Europe. I feel most directs have been in the afternoon.

I am actually surprised that people think most Directs have been at midnight in Europe. I feel most directs have been in the afternoon.
They were in the past, I believe. But not anymore, but the European 11PM/12AM livestreams were the best for me. Back then I had something to look out for in the evening, after a day of hard work. For some weird reason, back then, my food during the direct were chocolate raisins and Fanta Exotic.
Haha, not anymore tho🥲

Oh boy, been watching directs since the Wii U days, and so there are so many announcements that got me excited. But E3 2018 "Everyone is Here!" for Smash Ultimate will always take the cake. The escalating excitement of each returning character to the eventually reveal that everyone is coming back made me so happy. I was laughing, gasping, yelling, overall so glad and proud to be a Smash Bros fan that day. I can still watch that reveal trailer and almost get some of the feeling back. Almost...

Well, Metroid Prime 4 is the most extreme example, but they re-revealed Bayonetta 3 about 4 years after and it was coming 13 months after the trailer. Tears of the Kingdom got radio silence for 2 years after the teaser, to get another teaser and supposed to come after 16-18 months from there (which turned to almost 2 years) and a bit of cheating but Pikmin 4 got just screen shots and a cinematic teaser after being known for 7 years, and came out 10 months after that.

So I think there's a huge chance for Metroid Prime 4 to be revealed even if it's H1 2025.

Metroid Prime 4 is a different case for three reasons:

• it was announced 7 years ago.
  • it was rebooted 5 years ago.
  • it was developed by an internal Nintendo studio

Nintendo won't take any more risks.

Zelda is an exception.

Oh boy, been watching directs since the Wii U days, and so there are so many announcements that got me excited. But E3 2018 "Everyone is Here!" for Smash Ultimate will always take the cake. The escalating excitement of each returning character to the eventually reveal that everyone is coming back made me so happy. I was laughing, gasping, yelling, overall so glad and proud to be a Smash Bros fan that day. I can still watch that reveal trailer and almost get some of the feeling back. Almost...

Those were the times where I had YouTube chat up during Directs, and I remember both E3 2017 and September 2017 ending with chat going "SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH" and by the end of that Direct, they again went "SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH"... only for it to happen.

Those were the times where I had YouTube chat up during Directs, and I remember both E3 2017 and September 2017 ending with chat going "SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH" and by the end of that Direct, they again went "SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH"... only for it to happen.
I definitely wasn't expecting Smash so soon to be honest, so when they announced it I was completely caught off guard. Though I keep those live chats closed for the most part haha.

I have pretty moderate expectations for this Nintendo Direct, just give me the rumored Fire Emblem 4 Remake and I'll be very happy already ^_^
However it's Nintendo so there will certainly be a few surprises here and there and these are the most exciting parts of Directs, if they ever show something Xenoblade-related then I'll be overjoyed 🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom