• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't mean anything. Some people tracked the modification time of the Direct pages back in 2020, but found that it has nothing to do with the date of a Direct.

Nintendo did have a Partners Showcase the month after the update in 2020 though.
And that's considered a Direct.

Nintendo did have a Partners Showcase the month after the update in 2020 though.
Indeed

Reddit post was March 3
Direct Mini was March 26

Reddit post was September 6
Direct Partner Showcase was September 17

Nintendo laying false trails and going all out to send Fami into chaos:

• paying Jeff Grubb to talk about a possible July event
  • hacking @NateDrake's Fami account and voting for June in the poll
  • pulling out of E3 to make sure it collapsed
  • uploading a Pikmin 4 trailer the same day as an NSO update
  • updating the Direct website
  • Edit - as @zumaddy pointed out, eShop sale incoming
Personally I don't think Nintendo ever forgave this website for being the origin point of the Stinky Horse leak. They're trying to bring us down now that Stinky Horse is making its way into the world.

Last edited:

Indeed

Reddit post was March 3
Direct Mini was March 26

Reddit post was September 6
Direct Partner Showcase was September 17
The page was also updated on Jan 7 2020, Jan 18 2020, Jan 4 2021 and Jan 8 2021 according to the Reddit posts but nothing happened after those updates.

The page was also updated on Jan 7 2020, Jan 18 2020, Jan 4 2021 and Jan 8 2021 according to the Reddit posts but nothing happened after those updates.
Jan 2020 one was for Pokémon Direct, which had been set to private by Nintendo.

The idea of a slow company like Retro, that spent years on a super remastered of Prime probably to actually get thmeselves in to the switch hardware for Prime 4 make really difficult to think Prime 4 will be native on switch 2, also retrocompatiblity maybe an update

Also I think people understimate Nintendo just wanting to be free of Prime 4 and start a clean sleat of announcment for Switch 2
Prime 4 HAS to be a Switch 2 game, just like TotK HAS to launch with the Switch 2.

Personally I don't think Nintendo ever forgave this website for being the origin point of the Stinky Horse leak. They're trying to bring us down now that Stinky Horse is making its way into the world.
Don't forget teasing us with a sale.

"Watch those idiots believe a Direct is coming because of a previously broken pattern! HAHAHA!"

btUqCGD.jpeg

Prime 4 would actually be a "perfect" cross-gen game. Announced for Switch, so they wanna keep on that "promise", but also being a ReDraketed launch game with some nice improvements over the Switch version to catch the enthusiasts (who mostly are console early adopters).

Prime 4 would actually be a "perfect" cross-gen game. Announced for Switch, so they wanna keep on that "promise", but also being a ReDraketed launch game with some nice improvements over the Switch version to catch the enthusiasts (who mostly are console early adopters).
It all depends if it is 2024 or not, because yes probably all 2024 game will a have some kind of Switch 2 update but that probably something the teams will do when the Switch version is done

It all depends if it is 2024 or not, because yes probably all 2024 game will a have some kind of Switch 2 update but that probably something the teams will do when the Switch version is done

I think some evergreens even from before 2024 might get ReDraketed upgrades. TotK for example, seeing how the next new mainline Zelda might be at least 4, if not more, years off.

I think some evergreens even from before 2024 might get ReDraketed upgrades. TotK for example, seeing how the next new mainline Zelda might be at least 4, if not more, years off.
Yes but those will be a little different Totk will get a Switch 2 "Game of the year edition" or something the others probably just updates

Smash if there is no problem with deals and contracts wil for sure get a Ultimate DX edition

I will never trust anyone that says Metroid is a big IP, but not DK. Stop falling prey to boomer American journalists.
My list of big Nintendo IP's based on sales average: (rough estimate)

20-25 million potential: Mario, Open Sky Zelda
15-20 million potential: Mario Kart
10-15 million: Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Pokémon
5-10 million potential: Donkey Kong, Kirby, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, Splatoon
1-5 million potential: Xenoblade, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Yoshi

I was creating my own list based on feeling first but then decided to look at overall sales data and take averages from that. Then out of nowhere you see how crazy the Switch has pushed some franchises and the feel of those franchises as well. You would think that Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Zelda are all powerhouses but overall they only became one during the Switch time. I did take the Open Sky Zelda games as something separate as they are powerhouses on their own just to show the big difference. Pokémon is deemed big but in the end it is on a similar level of Animal Crossing and Smash Bros. Albeit on the border as Pokémon was reaching around 14,72 million average sales approx.

Just interesting to see when you put some rough data and average it.

Yes but those will be a little different Totk will get a Switch 2 "Game of the year edition" or something the others probably just updates

Smash if there is no problem with deals and contracts wil for sure get a Ultimate DX edition

Furukawa to the Nintendo contract lawyers: "Prepare paperwork for an enhanced port of Smash Bros Ultimate to Switch 2."

The lawyers, thinking to themselves: "We're going to die doing that, aren't we?"

For real though, that game must have been a negotiation and contract-work nightmare. I absolutely think they'll drop a lot of fighters from the next new Smash game.

Furukawa to the Nintendo contract lawyers: "Prepare paperwork for an enhanced port of Smash Bros Ultimate to Switch 2."

The lawyers, thinking to themselves: "We're going to die doing that, aren't we?"

For real though, that game must have been a negotiation and contract-work nightmare. I absolutely think they'll drop a lot of fighters from the next new Smash game.
They should really look at Street Fighter 6, 3D Smash, a cast of maximum 20, and in dept single player experience to a city popolate by Nintendo npcs

• Edit - as @zumaddy pointed out, eShop sale incoming
I think Bribed Grubb is the real false trail. I bet Nintendo threatened to shave him again if he didn't take the bribe and do their dirty work for them.

I’m still team June tbh
Idk if there will be a general direct, a mini or a partner, but I’m confident that we will have something before the 23rd for sure.

Also, I’m not saying that Grubb isn’t right
Nintendo will likely do something in July too imho, also to promote Pikmin

My list of big Nintendo IP's based on sales average: (rough estimate)

20-25 million potential: Mario, Open Sky Zelda
15-20 million potential: Mario Kart
10-15 million: Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Pokémon
5-10 million potential: Donkey Kong, Kirby, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, Splatoon
1-5 million potential: Xenoblade, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Yoshi

I was creating my own list based on feeling first but then decided to look at overall sales data and take averages from that. Then out of nowhere you see how crazy the Switch has pushed some franchises and the feel of those franchises as well. You would think that Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Zelda are all powerhouses but overall they only became one during the Switch time. I did take the Open Sky Zelda games as something separate as they are powerhouses on their own just to show the big difference. Pokémon is deemed big but in the end it is on a similar level of Animal Crossing and Smash Bros. Albeit on the border as Pokémon was reaching around 14,72 million average sales approx.

Just interesting to see when you put some rough data and average it.
This is interesting, but I think including numbers from across multiple platforms skews the data a bit because of drastically differing install bases and attach rates.

A Partner Direct in July would be a pretty cursed outcome given Nintendo's own schedule. I guess some of them have had "Nintendo content" in the form of Mario + Rabbids and Warriors spinoffs but I doubt that's what people are hoping for lol.

Could we theoretically see a smaller partner showcase in July, and then a presentation announcing new hardware + the rest of the 2023 lineup in early August? If I remember correctly, that's the month when both the Lite and OLED were announced. If the next system is coming soon, that probably wouldn't be a bad time to announce it.

EDIT: Realized the OLED and Lite were announced in July, not August. Maybe new hardware detailed next month?

Last edited:
A Partner Direct in July would be a pretty cursed outcome given Nintendo's own schedule. I guess some of them have had "Nintendo content" in the form of Mario + Rabbids and Warriors spinoffs but I doubt that's what people are hoping for lol.

Dunno, i would be very impressed by KT if they manage to dish out another Hyrule Warriors (TotK Edition) for 2023 this "close" to TotK and Age of Calamity.

And then i would fear the technical performance.

Could we theoretically see a smaller partner showcase in July, and then a presentation announcing new hardware + the rest of the 2023 lineup in early August? If I remember correctly, that's the month when both the Lite and OLED were announced. If the next system is coming soon, that probably wouldn't be a bad time to announce it.

I think both were announced in July.

I feel like Nintendo should just spill the beans, to be honest. At some point I'm going to lose the will to shitpost.

Dunno, i would be very impressed by KT if they manage to dish out another Hyrule Warriors (TotK Edition) for 2023 this "close" to TotK and Age of Calamity.

And then i would fear the technical performance.
That would make you the only person in the world impressed by KT’s ability to make a Warriors game.

Crediting Pikmin 4 to Miyamoto like that rubs me the wrong way. He was General Producer for 3, which honestly isn't that big of a deal. Even if he shows up for Directs and whatnot, the brunt of the work (even the creative one) is not being done by him.
Generally it is a problem in entertainment, where people atribute everything in a film/game/etc to one person.

What I like about winning a poll by one vote is that Team June is truly the most united team where all of our members are equally valuable. We literally could not have won had even a single one of us not believed in our hearts to stand behind the banner of June.

Tbf, when seeing the general state of Dynasty Warriors... I'm sure a lot of people were actually impressed by them being able to make a good Warriors game with Hyrule Warriors/Age of Calamity
For sure, when Hyrule Warriors was first announced there was definitely a lot more skepticism towards the game.

What I like about winning a poll by one vote is that Team June is truly the most united team where all of our members are equally valuable. We literally could not have won had even a single one of us not believed in our hearts to stand behind the banner of June.
I lost faith for a quick moment and switched to July, but I couldn't leave my brethren in Team June behind.

Even if we fall, we will fall together.

I am deeply sorry that I have neither the time nor the patience to shitpost with y'all this time. Good luck to all respective teams and/or associations!

You know what we are the end of the Switch and dr Mario tend to appear at the end of the consoles life

And the mobile game had good ideas i suppose you have to just do more content and release it on the eshop

I think 2D and 3D Mario will continue to be MIA. The plumber is taking his sweet break, which is confirming Sunshine 2

Nintendo should wait long enough and announce something that most people like, but enthusiasts on forums get very mad about. Two days later, they should announce what even those people wanted so long term everyone is happy, but those two days will be a lot of fun.

I like how the vote is almost perfectly split between June and September. Kind of a metaphor for the divide between optimists and pessimists in this thread :'D

Nintendo should wait long enough and announce something that most people like, but enthusiasts on forums get very mad about. Two days later, they should announce what even those people wanted so long term everyone is happy, but those two days will be a lot of fun.
I have no idea what you're talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom