• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a Direct is indeed forthcoming, why not announce these NSO updates on the day? We've already had updates announced in other Directs, they could have waited if that were the case.
Because that's not how they do NSO announcements. Individual NSO drops only get featured in Directs if there's a new platform or the game is a really special case like EarthBound. NES/SNES/GB updates mostly just appear at random with no warning like this. One time they decided to give a new roadmap for N64, but that's not what's happening here.

Nintendo likes to do a lot of their announcements in Directs, but not all of their announcements are Direct material. Everybody's 1-2-Switch falls in a similar category for different reasons.

And just to preempt this, in case they decide to do a June one this year, Pokémon has their own version of Directs called Pokémon Presents that they generally use instead of Nintendo Directs these days. At one time Pokémon games were Direct announcements, but they haven't been for a while.

Me: okay, it’s June, but I don’t want a Nintendo Direct that bad
Also me: NINTENDO IT’S A TUESDAY WHERE IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT?!

So yeah. I want my Nintendo Direct now.

Also I really want the Oracles on the NSO😭 why is Nintendo taking so long with them
I believe I’m right in saying, February Directs are pretty much always on a Thursday and announced Wednesday, but June Directs are almost exclusively on Tuesdays and announced Mondays, which means we’re looking Next Monday at the earliest now.

I believe I’m right in saying, February Directs are pretty much always on a Thursday and announced Wednesday, but June Directs are almost exclusively on Tuesdays and announced Mondays, which means we’re looking Next Monday at the earliest now.
June Directs have historically been at a different time than other Directs because they were timed around E3. Without E3, I'd expect them to use a more standard Wednesday or Thursday time slot.

One year since the best but also worst post I’ve ever made on Fami

For the record this took me like 2 hours and it was completely wrong. Still had fun though

It's year old? Damn, still remember it when I was reading it in a train and was laughtning so hard. Last June was something else with all the people trying to figure out Nate's hints. Probably the biggest fun I ever had in Direct Speculation thread in 4 years (of course nothing can top the first speculation with Chibi Robo from NOA).

The people who remastered Killer 7

99% is teasing the only other remake/remaster Suda 51 have the rights to do Flower Sun and Rain

I mean I suppose that maybe Killer 7 getting a console release is possible, but maybe that is another announcment

99% is teasing the only other remake/remaster Suda 51 have the rights to do Flower Sun and Rain

I mean I suppose that maybe Killer 7 getting a console release is possible, but maybe that is another announcment

These guys are the makers of the two switchports and pcports of No more heroes, and they are specialized in ports to switch

Last edited:

Flower, Sun and Rain LFG

Talking about other very Japanese games, rember when after the Showcase of Sunsoft (the second one) Dusk basically confirmed that sunsoft is working on the return of Clock Tower

I think that can be a good bet for TGS and a September Nintendo Direct, especially if is a remake of the Snes one

Switch becoming the Suda 51 Machine.
70dfe6c6ac84a2d4196bfcd5f6ed045c

We need the Human alumni direct, with the Syndromes games on Switch, who cares about rights, let's just put them on Switch who truly cares about legal rights.....well maybe Nintendo actually

June Directs have historically been at a different time than other Directs because they were timed around E3. Without E3, I'd expect them to use a more standard Wednesday or Thursday time slot.
Okay but what if it’s my birthday on the Tuesday

I still hear the translator in my head, poor guy. He did ok with Nagoshi but when Suda appeared he has no idea what he was doing (and neither was Suda himself).

It's funny in retrospect that Nagoshi appeared when he said few years ago that he views Switch as a kids and teens console.

Has there been any instances where Nintendo's gone over NSO releases during a Direct month outside of the Direct? I'm #TeamSeptember but I don't think this is hurting #TeamJune's chances super hard
Outside of Earthbound and Earthbounf Beginnings back in February 2022 and new console additions, I can't think of any time Nintendo has announced an NSO addition in a Direct.

Maybe if it's a big enough enouncement or apart of a batch of announcements, I could see them holding off.

Ah I did not rember i was also pretty sure they did Killer 7 or am i wrong
They do the PCport of Killer7 in the past but they are a specialiced switchport studio.

Their curriculum on Switch includes NMH1&2, the two little nightmares, Ni no Kuni and Ni no Kuni 2, and many of the falcom ports.

Personally, I think the game is going to be Shadow of the Damned, and it's probably going to be everywhere.

Nintendo won't do basic NSO updates in a Direct because that's less time they can use to get paid to advertise six farming sims

pretty funny this NSO update has a farming sim

They do the PCport of Killer7 in the past but they are a specialiced switchport studio.

Their curriculum on Switch includes NMH1&2, the two little nightmares, Ni no Kuni and Ni no Kuni 2, and many of the falcom ports.

Personally, I think the game is going to be Shadow of the Damned, and it's probably going to be everywhere.
Nah 99% si FSR they teased it in the studio tour at the end of last year, with image of Sumio and briefcase with a subtitle that said "you have to wait a bit more for this" or something like that

Which are these? New ones, or the survey they sent to people who bought Prime Remastered a few months ago?

These seems brand new, just received (among others) this morning:
I've already received the ones you mentioned few months ago, while today I've received an alert email from the My Nintendo Store, asking me if I'd want to be among the first to be contacted about Metroid Prime 4 details and news

Anyone want to take a stab at guessing what the theme of the next Direct will be? September was the Farm Direct, February was the Level-5 Direct, what's the June Direct's theme?

ReDraketed Direct, hosted by Drake.

Lemme dream. (About ReDraketed, not Drake, not a fan of his music after all, but his videos are good meme material!)

He is totally going to appear at Devolver Digital Event and just do this (Switch game show off):

lxqjhzremadwv4u6qzjq.gif

Is it even possible to dislike this man?

It's not. Let's be honest here.

I've already received the ones you mentioned few months ago, while today I've received an alert email from the My Nintendo Store, asking me if I'd want to be among the first to be contacted about Metroid Prime 4 details and news

Nintendo new method of cumincation, sending info directly to the pubblic by email, the new frontier of Twitter drops

That's interesting. The survey which asked people about WarioWare pricing on Switch was sent a few months out from release, I think. Just double-checked - reports about the survey actually appeared in June 2021, a few days before the game was revealed. Doesn't mean a proper Prime 4 reveal is that imminent, but the timing is definitely suspicious. Add on Prime Remastered being held back so long for release (surely partially down to giving Dread room), plus the accompanying survey which seemed to be gathering data that might help them figure out marketing for Prime 4, and there's definitely smoke. Prime 4 is one of the games I think is a strong candidate for the holidays, and certainly for the fiscal year.

That's interesting. The survey which asked people about WarioWare pricing on Switch was sent a few months out from release, I think. Just double-checked - reports about the survey actually appeared in June 2021, a few days before the game was revealed. Doesn't mean a proper Prime 4 reveal is that imminent, but the timing is definitely suspicious. Add on Prime Remastered being held back so long for release (surely partially down to giving Dread room), plus the accompanying survey which seemed to be gathering data that might help them figure out marketing for Prime 4, and there's definitely smoke. Prime 4 is one of the games I think is a strong candidate for the holidays, and certainly for the fiscal year.

The fact that Nintendo with Prime Remastered is focusing on marketing for the series, at least give us that Nintendo Marketing is for sue starting to create Prime 4 marketing campaign

And that, at the very least, confirme that the game is in a good status

And that was, of course, the latest game in the Metroid Prime series, Metroid Prime 4. We announced this game in 2017 and we thank you for your patience. Metroid Prime 4 will launch on November 17th.

It would be really fitting if Direct is on the 15th and Metroid shows up, the last time we heard about the game was on June 15th 2021 when Shinya Takahashi, General Manager of EPD said that "Currently we are working hard on the latest game in Metroid Prime series, Metroid Prime 4. Which we previously announced".

Anyone want to take a stab at guessing what the theme of the next Direct will be? September was the Farm Direct, February was the Level-5 Direct, what's the June Direct's theme?
Last June Direct was Square Direct so I expect this to be either Square Direct Part 2 or Atlus Direct. Both companies have a lot to reveal this year I'm not sure which one will own it. Atlus has P3 Remake, VanillaWare project, Soul Hackers 2 port and that P5T thing. Square could dominate with Mana and Saga entries, DQ3, FFT remake and other small remasters, such as SaGa Frontier 2 or Vagrant Story.

I do think at the very least a mini direct, not a partner showcase, will happen as they will need to announce stuff for the 2nd half of the year.
Reminder that they announced Pikmin 3 Deluxe one day prior to the August 2020 financial report.

Also I think Capcom have something, probably Ace Attorney Collection 2 and maybe they will already announce Legacy Collection for 2024?

Also I honestly think that the RE games next year will be Separate Ways and a spin off, and that spin off can very well be on Switch whatever it is as long it is single player

I mean Outbreak on the Nvdia leak is still unexplained

Last June Direct was Square Direct so I expect this to be either Square Direct Part 2 or Atlus Direct. Both companies have a lot to reveal this year I'm not sure which one will own it. Atlus has P3 Remake, VanillaWare project, Soul Hackers 2 port and that P5T thing. Square could dominate with Mana and Saga entries, DQ3, FFT remake and other small remasters, such as SaGa Frontier 2 or Vagrant Story.
I'd be very happy to see both companies come out swinging with all of those games. Feels very likely we'll see a good deal at least over the next few months. From those, I'm particularly super excited to see the next Vanillaware project. One of my favorite developers out there.

You know what, considering how RE4 bringed Operation Javier on the spotlight, do you wonder if Capcom is considering to port the HD Chronichles collectio and market it as "Discover the truth behind the events of Operation Javier, and also the Fall of Umbrella"

Nintendo new method of cumincation, sending info directly to the pubblic by email, the new frontier of Twitter drops

Welcome to the Nintendo REALLY Direct, a new shape and form of Marketing

People say you have to have a lot of passion for what you've doing and it's totally true and the reason is - because it's so hard that if you don't, any rational person would give up. So if you don't love it, if you are not having fun doing it, you don't really love it, you're gonna give up and that's what happens to most people actually. - Steve Jobs

So here's a thought and correct me if I'm wrong, but Nate did say MP4 was a possibility for this calendar year.

And there's no way Nintendo is only giving Prime 4 2 months of marketing or something

Is this finally our first bit of smoke?!

So here's a thought and correct me if I'm wrong, but Nate did say MP4 was a possibility for this calendar year.

And there's no way Nintendo is only giving Prime 4 2 months of marketing or something

Be aware, in case it's Retro Studios, smoke can have a different meaning. They're the godkings and godqueens of BBQ among all the US game developers after all.

Also I think Capcom have something, probably Ace Attorney Collection 2 and maybe they will already announce Legacy Collection for 2024?
They don't do new announcements at Capcom Showcases so makes me think if there's really a Nintendo Direct before that. Maybe with AA7 and/or Megeman Legends Collection announcement. They won't have whole 36 minutes for just DD2 and Exoprimal...

But Directs are always on Wednesday or Thursday, so it can't be...

They don't do new announcements at Capcom Showcases so makes me think if there's really a Nintendo Direct before that. Maybe with AA7 and/or Megeman Legends Collection announcement. They won't have whole 36 minutes for just DD2 and Exoprimal...

But Directs are always on Wednesday or Thursday, so it can't be...
I meant in general, software that will probably see in a direct or on the switch

I meant in general, software that will probably see in a direct or on the switch
Yeah I know, the announcement will definitely be on a Nintendo Direct. They have just confirmed the Showcase, where they usually go over already announced games and they don't have a lot to deep dive in...

Am pretty sure he said this fiscal year while his ideal hope was this calendar year, but it was only his personal speculation. Either way, no matter how it is, next time (first time) we are seeing Prime 4 it will be really short-reveal-to-release cycle. They announced this game in 2017, they know they will not market it a while long. With first trailer we will also be solid release date, whether that is this Holiday or by March. This game will definitely show up in this month's Direct, even if it's releasing in March, it's gonna get dated well in advance, just like Zelda and Animal Crossing (8 and 9 months respectively).

Yeah I know, the announcement will definitely be on a Nintendo Direct. They have just confirmed the Showcase, where they usually go over already announced games and they don't have a lot to deep dive in...
I honestly think that they will try to push Exprimal (the dinosaur one) because for now (and probably irreversable) is already dead, when the only headline you get is about "No this is not Dino Crisis" - "No the red hair girl is not a tribute to Regina" your game is in trouble

Am pretty sure he said this fiscal year while his ideal hope was this calendar year, but it was only his personal speculation. Either way, no matter how it is, next time (first time) we are seeing Prime 4 it will be really short-reveal-to-release cycle. They announced this game in 2017, they know they will not market it a while long. With first trailer we will also be solid release date, whether that is this Holiday or by March. This game will definitely show up in this month's Direct, even if it's releasing in March, it's gonna get dated well in advance, just like Zelda and Animal Crossing (8 and 9 months respectively).

They will probably follow the Dread approach but more budget, probably a live action commercial, they have done for all Metroid 3D games since Prime 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom