• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys realize ND Cube is more than due for a new game this year, right? They churn something out every year-year and a half these days, so we're more than due for something later this year (I'm guessing Mario Party, especially considering the lack of him this year so far)
I figured an Animal Crossing party game would be incredibly possible

I've been on the NdCube Animal Crossing spin-off train since last year. They're definitely a solid bet for some sort of release later this year.

tomorrow either a very early June Direct (announcement) OR Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass wave 5.

mark my words
tbh tomorrow morning might be interesting
Tuesdays are often Nintendo news days, and considering they just announced a game with no gameplay set to release in about three weeks, chances are, we're getting news about something this week, or at the very least, that

I messed my leg up a week ago & have a bone bruise. Other than that... I'm okay.
Aww sorry to hear that, man. Be sure to take it easy! Good to hear you’re otherwise okay. Can’t wait to hear the Xbox predictions episode.

back in February we had tossed around the idea of a new PMD at Pokémon Presents in part due to copyright stuff on the website, but nothing came of that. given that we're now more than three years out from PMDRTDX, I wonder if we see PMD this week

Tuesdays are often Nintendo news days, and considering they just announced a game with no gameplay set to release in about three weeks, chances are, we're getting news about something this week, or at the very least, that
as I said, Mark my words
markruffalo.png

If ND Cube did anything AC related, best case scenario would be a ACNH expansion that allowed you to play certain games with your villagers or IRL friends. Something that felt very absent from the game. But that obviously doesn't seem likely.

New PMD would be cool. Need more spin-offs though - they should get Gust to do Atelier Eevee or Atlus to do Pokemon Q. Or bring back Conquest.

Wow, Direct speculation. Nice! So there's life after Zelda after all! which is nice because zelda was a bit of a letdown

Switch has become long in the tooth to me. It's still a great concept and the OLED is nice, but too many games the past years released in a meh state or not at all (recent examples are the Warhammer retro boomer shooter at 30fps and System Shock). Not getting too hyped about hardware though, at this point the 10 year life cycle is starting to look quite believable :p .

Anyways, on the positive side I'm looking forward to the Mario Kart DLC which has been a delight thus far, and if I have to sacrifice 10 farming games to finally get some good food new new 2D Mario I'll do it. 2D Zelda and F-Zero remasters would also be great!

Wouldn't mind TotK DLC fleshing out the Skylands and/or Depths and adding new town music yes i'm dying on this hill but that probably ain't happening. Would love to be wrong though.

back in February we had tossed around the idea of a new PMD at Pokémon Presents in part due to copyright stuff on the website, but nothing came of that. given that we're now more than three years out from PMDRTDX, I wonder if we see PMD this week
Mystery Dungeon and Detective Pikachu are a couple of potential titles to fill in the rest of the fiscal year, for sure. I think that's also another point to remember - a Pokemon Presents could well add a couple more releases to Nintendo's calendar. Pokemon and Mario in some form other than DLC would make sense given their current absence this fiscal year.

The other standard area currently empty on the software slate is the 'third party timed exclusive published by Nintendo', which is usually occupied by Square Enix titles. The Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai game is a multi-format release this September, though, and I wonder if Square Enix learnt from last year's mess that launching a bunch of similar titles at the same time is not a good idea. I'd been hoping we might finally get Dragon Quest III 2D-HD; timed exclusive or multi-format doesn't really matter, I'd love to have it later this year.

So far for the fiscal year Nintendo have covered the following out of their usual boxes:

• miracle re-release (Advance Wars)
  • Big Game (Zelda)
  • EPD 4 shenanigans (Legend of the Stinky Horse)
  • miracle sequel (Pikmin 4)

Things missing:
  • Mario shit that ain't dlc
  • Pokemon shit that ain't dlc
  • Square Enix shit that's timed exclusive

I'd honestly be okay with not having a direct until next year. I have Pikmin 4, Diablo 4, Final Fantasy 16, however many Picross games Jupiter decides to push out, Starfield, and most importantly Mineko's Night Market to keep me occupied.

Unless a direct has Wind Waker HD in it, then i'm dropping everything.

Zelda ToTK feels like the beginning of the end for Switch's lifecycle. I have my doubts that there will be more new games besides what we already know ( Pikmin 4/ Metroid Prime 4).

But i'm sure open minded for a good surprise :D I' m expecting only the rumoured Remakes and Remastered though.

Things missing:
  • Mario shit that ain't dlc
  • Pokemon shit that ain't dlc
  • Square Enix shit that's timed exclusive
  • Super Mario Bros. (2023), not to be confused with Super Mario Bros. (1985) or Super Mario Bros. (1993)
  • Detective Pikachu 2 (2023), not to be confused with Detective Pikachu 2 (20XX)
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (2023), not to be confused with Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996)

Shouldn’t we believe Dring? He’s super confident
Dring's been on a weird train since last November, when he first suggested Nintendo had no major titles for late 2023. His logic seemed to be based more on Nintendo not attending E3 than anything else; Dring was on the organisational committee for the attempted E3 so he'd have known before it was general knowledge that Nintendo weren't going to attend. Dring's also where the claim originated, earlier this year, that Nintendo weren't exhibiting at E3 was because they didn't have games ready for E3. That always struck me as odd - is that really information Nintendo would reveal to an external party of any kind, let alone a marketing agency with connections to games journalism?

His specific suggestion last November was that Nintendo weren't booking event space in 2023, which is only partially correct: they've pulled out of E3 but are exhibiting at GamesCom for the first time in several years. Dring also recently claimed Nintendo would be 'going much later' this year in reference to summer presentations and software showcases, so there's an outside shot he has some knowledge of what's going on. But he might also simply be hazarding informed guesses based on Nintendo pulling out of E3 and based on rumours that hardware plans changed drastically at some point. Publicly, Nintendo aren't acting like a company facing an impending software shortage, so it's all difficult to tie up right now.

Edit - one final addendum: what a games journalist means by 'major titles' is also anyone's guess. Saying Nintendo have nothing else as major as Zelda shouldn't surprise us because TotK is one of their biggest ever launches. Equally, 'nothing major' from a gaming journalist's perspective might turn out to be fairly mainstream Nintendo titles like Tomodachi or Mario Party. Not stuff that's going to set the critics raving, but certainly titles Nintendo would view as commercially big.

I dunno why everyone is mad at Dring. He was 100% correct, there are no big titles after Zelda.

All of the Pikmin 4 locations put together are probably still smaller than Lookout Landing, it’s a very small title. I’d be very concerned if it wasn’t.

I dunno why everyone is mad at Dring. He was 100% correct, there are no big titles after Zelda.

All of the Pikmin 4 locations put together are probably still smaller than Lookout Landing, it’s a very small title. I’d be very concerned if it wasn’t.
Eed6ViOUMAAxiXq.jpg

what if Zelda characters and locations are all smaller than Pikmin ones and we just don't know because we only ever see it from their perspective

we need a Zelda movie where they go to Brooklyn to clear this up

what if Zelda characters and locations are all smaller than Pikmin ones and we just don't know because we only ever see it from their perspective
What if BotW was Minish this whole time?
*exaggerated youtube clickbait thumbnail face*

Saw this on my timeline. It appears to be a Capcom Europe leak.

It seems soon? SF6 is out, Megaman is out, final sunbreak event is on the 7th, only Exoprimal and Ghostrick have not released.

More Ghostrick and Exo? AA7? New RE game? More DD gameplay? Who knows if this is even real lol.

EDIT: Links seems to be dead. Ignore this lol

EDIT2: Its fake, it was a fan page that used the same font. False alarm

giphy.gif

EDIT3: It might be real after all lol

Last edited:

Saw this on my timeline. It appears to be a Capcom Europe leak.

It seems soon? SF6 is out, Megaman is out, final sunbreak event is on the 7th, only Exoprimal and Ghostrick have not released.

More Ghostrick and Exo? AA7? New RE game? More DD gameplay? Who knows if this is even real lol.

I can't find anything about it on any of Capcom's social media.
Edit: apparently it got leaked through a Facebook event?

Surprised no one shared all the Pikmin news today. Should have plenty to play now thanks to Miyamoto’s amazing efforts. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom