• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m cautiously optimistic…. I bet the majority of the insiders are aware of this direct due to the Mario + Rabbids DLC and that game showed up at a previous Partner direct. That including the atlas games, I feel like we are getting a partner direct instead of a full general…

I’m cautiously optimistic…. I bet the majority of the insiders are aware of this direct due to the Mario + Rabbids DLC and that game showed up at a previous Partner direct. That including the atlas games, I feel like we are getting a partner direct instead of a full general…
Meh, even if the rumors aren’t true I don’t think they’d go without at least mentioning Pikmin 4 and the Mario Kart DLC. If we do get one I expect a Mini at worst

SMTV Complete would be so annoying - I haven’t finished the original and it’d feel like a wasted purchase. I probably should have known better.

IV/Apocalypse HD pack would be so much better, come onnnnnn.

As for third party stuff outside presumably persona 3 reload, Just pls gimme Dragon Quest 3 HD..... I'm so ready for it (bonus points if X offline gets localized).

HOLD THERE MIGHT BE A SUPER MARIO RPG REMAKE?!
DkIE7e9XoAAsiZk.jpg:large

I can't tell if Samus feels embarrassed wearing this, or if it's just sweatier than her power suit. 😅
How can people not think the Switch isn’t Nintendo’s best system ever? We’re probably about to add a new 2D Mario and SMRPG remake to its incredible lineup. All that’s really left is Metroid Prime 4 and a new DK game (which is rumored to come).
Easily my favorite Nintendo console, and probably my favorite console of all time. XBOX360 comes close, but the sheer amount of different experiences I have had with the Switch just puts it over the top.

I see people speculating the WONDER part could mean Square is developing the SMRPG game, which is duh lol. They think it’s related to Balan Wonderland, but I see Arzest developed Balan Wonderland…

big sigh

Gimme a break Atlus
There is a reason I refuse to buy Atlus games day 1 anymore. Partially cause they greatly drop in price, and partially because within a year or two the finished version of the game will release, and I'm not spending $60 to beta test.

PH Brazil/Necrolipe has kinda hinted/confirmed this Nintendo Direct is a Nintendo Direct Mini

They did not hint/confirm anything, they speculated based upon the nature of the 3rd party titles they heard would be there that it would be a mini or partner showcase. While it could still be a mini, it's apparently a mini with at minimum a new 2D Mario and a remake of Mario RPG, so that makes it bigger then some general directs.

here he kinda confirming this week or this month Nintendo Direct will be a Mini
If you actually read the tweet he says this is ONLY because he hasn't heard anything first party.
We know 2D Mario and Mario RPG are coming at the very least, so that comment isn't really relevant anymore

here he kinda confirming this week or this month Nintendo Direct will be a Mini
Yes, but only because he heard nothing about the time about first party titles. I’m personally not believing anything about what kind of Direct this is until we hear it straight from the horse’s mouth

from what I have seen Luigi only shows up in the credits.
Ah I see.

A bit of a bummer then, but hopefully a remake could add him in.

I will warn you, SMRPG feels different to the other M&L and Paper Mario games. It feels the most traditional RPG-like of any of the Mario RPG games, and tbh, I don't feel like it holds up all that well. Controls are very clunky and the fighting archaic. For the time it was huge, considering it was one of the first Mario spin offs to be outsourced to another company, but a remake needs to fix a lot of things for me to enjoy it to the fullest. The later games just did so much right and feel more Mario-fied, and everytime I try to go back, I just rather go and play the PM or M&L games tbh.
I kind of got that feeling from watching some gameplay. From what I can tell, you can't avoid attacks in the game and it's more like Paper Mario where you can only defend against damage? Either way, I assume a remake would at least modernize the controls. And as long as it's not a faithful remake, maybe they could spice up the combat? I'm still excited to be getting any real Mario turn based action RPG these days.

Has any insider hinted about 1st party? I know we had the 2d Mario random Twitter post that seems to have some good history.

All the others it seems has just know something is happening due to 3rd party games.

Yes, but only because he heard nothing about the time about first party titles. I’m personally not believing anything about what kind of Direct this is until we hear it straight from the horse’s mouth
And by horse's mouth he means this horse's mouth.
2x1_NSwitch_Everybody12Switch_image1600w.jpg

So given the breadth of things on Pyoro’s account, tbh I assume they’re someone who has YouTube back-end access or something
That can't be accurate, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten the Twitter only Everybody's 1-2 Switch. I can't find anything about E1-2S on Youtube.

It would be near impossible to leak an actual Pokémon design using vague hints and deleted tweets.
Were they really the first to leak it? There were a bunch of text based leaks of new Pokémon designs before release. It would be a pain to crosscheck the dates but they could've easily ridden off of someone else's leak. Their style of tweeting just gives off that private account/deleted tweets vibe

Well, we'll see with the next Direct

Look at my avatar. I will lose it if this SMRPG remake is real. A bonafide, real, true "new" Mario RPG in 2023? Years after the closure of Alpha Dream and modern Paper Mario being...whatever it is? I think I might cry.

Ok, confession, I haven't actually played SMRPG. BUT (WAIT!) My first game growing up was M&L SS on the GBA so I've always wanted to play the precursor and originator of the lineage of Mario RPG games. In fact, I have a SNES mini...just haven't gotten around to hooking it up.
Long story short, yes I know the team and director behind it would go on to create Alpha Dream and the interview Fujioka gave to Minnmax a while back game me hope a new Mario RPG was on the horizon. So I waited...Hopefully this rumor becomes a reality.

Quick question for those who have played the game though...What was Luigi's role in it? I love Luigi in the M&L games and I'd be a bit sad if he wasn't a playable party member in this potential remake. Could they possibly add Luigi in as a playable party member in a remake? Either way, I'm excited for the return of Mario RPGs.
If it doesn’t get announced this week, definitely hook it up the Mini and play it! Absolutely an all time classic. I replay it every few years (just did last year) and always have so much fun!

There’s an indirect and direct cameo for Luigi in the game. So sadly he is not a focus.

Were they really the first to leak it? There were a bunch of text based leaks of new Pokémon designs before release. It would be a pain to crosscheck the dates but they could've easily ridden off of someone else's leak. Their style of tweeting just gives off that private account/deleted tweets vibe

Well, we'll see with the next Direct

Apparently, greavard was leaked a bit before his reveal, on 4chan, double checked, not sure how long before the presentation he was leaked.

If it doesn’t get announced this week, definitely hook it up the Mini and play it! Absolutely an all time classic. I replay it every few years (just did last year) and always have so much fun!

There’s an indirect and direct cameo for Luigi in the game. So sadly he is not a focus.
I never had played but I do have a snes mini, should be worth playing if we don’t get a remake still?

Jesus Christ that moved fast.

If that leaker is right we getting Super Mario RPG 2DHD(or maybe full reimagining even?) and that would be our first rumor of 2D Mario happening???

Those two alone alongside the reveal of Metroid Prime 4 would make it the greatest Direct ever. I'd sacrifice TotK DLC for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom