• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inb4 the SMRPG remake is a way for Nintendo to kickstart a new Mario RPG series themselves that keeps the characters and settings from SMRPG intact so they can expand on them more.

Maaaaan if I was lead to believe Nintendo were making a remake of a beloved Mario RPG game from my childhood; only for it to turn out they're actually making a remake of an icky Mario RPG game from other peoples' childhood; I'll be annoyed.

Screencap this post
no-i-dont-think-i-will.gif

The remake is totally going to be a dinky 1-1 remake of the original SNES F-Zero shadowdropped on the eShop for $30.

It will bomb and Nintendo will use it as an excuse to continue to ignore the franchise.

Screencap this post
Believe in the power of FAT YOSHI

I'm not confident an SMRPG remake would fall under the HD2D banner, since unlike all of the HD2D remakes so far it used pre-rendered 3D graphics. In a perfect world, the game would aim to look more like the rendered art.
Suppose those assets still exist at higher resolutions. Maybe they could just use them.

Either way, I'd just be interested in seeing exactly how SMRPG would hold up in a modern world with "Mario mandates" in it.

The remake is totally going to be a dinky 1-1 remake of the original SNES F-Zero shadowdropped on the eShop for $30.

It will bomb and Nintendo will use it as an excuse to continue to ignore the franchise.

Screencap this post
Big if true

I want a Direct so i'd be sad afterwards but you guys know what would be funny?

if they announced a "mini direct" and then just talked about Pikmin in it for like 15 minutes

Still so so so so so so pessimistic, like:

Partner Showcase 6.21.23.
  • SMRPG Remake (SE)
  • F-ZERO GX HD (Done by a third party)
  • M&S Paris 2024 (SEGA)

Fills out Nintendo's first party holiday lineup while fitting into a Partner Showcase (Also goes off of Pyoro leak while ignoring the first party part because I'm that hopeless)

Inb4 the SMRPG remake is a way for Nintendo to kickstart a new Mario RPG series themselves that keeps the characters and settings from SMRPG intact so they can expand on them more.
I think it's fair to say they won't be doing that.

In terms of legacy content, the rights to Super Mario RPG have been a thorn in Nintendos side more than perhaps any other title they had a third party work on (that wasn't lost to them when Microsoft bought Rare, at any rate). If a new mario RPG line happens, it'll either be Paper Mario, a M&L revival, or something brand new. SMRPG isn't on the cards because square own the rights to large chunks of it, and not nintendo. Plus, Square don't really do that kind of contract work any more.

Edit: And anyway, the directors of Super Mario RPG went on to make the Mario and Luigi series, so it's not like we didn't get to see what they would have done if they were given another chance, because they were.

An Animal Crossing restaurant spinoff where you serve the animals their favourite dishes. You gotta find the correct ingredients in the city to serve that stupid jock villager their protein shake.
Ngl I would play this, it sounds fun and would expand the city in the animal crossing world

I really hate talking about it like I'm Lukas or something but a new 2D Mario this fall should've been common sense to anyone paying attention

Me when Wednesday comes and I see a red tie and hear David Wise music

tumblr_mbho7wg6DG1r2i897o1_500.gif

Still so so so so so so pessimistic, like:

Partner Showcase 6.21.23.
  • SMRPG Remake (SE)
  • F-ZERO GX HD (Done by a third party)
  • M&S Paris 2024 (SEGA)

Fills out Nintendo's first party holiday lineup while fitting into a Partner Showcase (Also goes off of Pyoro leak while ignoring the first party part because I'm that hopeless)

This would be an amazing direct

General Direct starts

Dring can be seen on the screen, he appears to be wearing a General's military uniform

"Greetings losers, as we all know Nintendo has no games but perhaps for this General Direct I can dust off something already released....just like Nintendo will for Gamescom am I right?.....haha gottem!.....just like I got your mom"

Dring proceeds to stream Advance Wars for the next hour until the Direct ends

I love how I finally decided to start posting regularly here and, then immediately the first thread I jump into is just pure madness 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom