• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadows of the Damned Remaster ‘probably’ coming to all current platforms

If it’s not a 2023 release, could be out for Switch 2 depending on the timing?

Knowing Nintendo and their track record with rumored games, I can't wait for the July Direct to not confirm any of the rumors and hit us with a bunch of surprises instead. Then TTYD HD will get shadowdropped two years from now after Nate loses a bet about it and has to shave his goatee off.

TTYD HD honestly feels right coming now or next year. We got our Paper Mario. We not getting a Mario + Luigi rpg game. Nintendo appears to be remastering GC games. It’s the end of the Switch lifecycle and this is when you see a lot of remakes and remasters from Nintendo.

TTYD HD honestly feels right coming now or next year. We got our Paper Mario. We not getting a Mario + Luigi rpg game. Nintendo appears to be remastering GC games. It’s the end of the Switch lifecycle and this is when you see a lot of remakes and remasters from Nintendo.
I'd guess early next year to stick to their four year Paper Mario cycle. My assumption is other Mario titles would get the holiday season; new Mario & Sonic from Sega plus hopefully new 2D Mario, or perhaps a new Mario Party.

October is my guess for TTYD as October usually gets a Mario game. Big question for me is if it’ll be a straight remaster or if they’ll add anything.

rdj-robert-downey-jr.gif

I'd guess early next year to stick to their four year Paper Mario cycle. My assumption is other Mario titles would get the holiday season; new Mario & Sonic from Sega plus hopefully new 2D Mario, or perhaps a new Mario Party.
I'd hope they'd have a new game ready by 2024 sticking with their 4 year dev cycle, not just a remake.

I feel like the phrasing of that is weird

rather than not discounting a Direct in June we're not discounting June from a Direct

July is well known as a discount bargain brand June

but since we're not discounting June we should go ahead to August, a premium full-price month

ergo August Direct confirmed

I'd hope they'd have a new game ready by 2024 sticking with their 4 year dev cycle, not just a remake.
Depends what else Intelligent Systems are working on. If it's true another FE title was in the works alongside Engage, then a remake may have been a way to keep Paper Mario chugging along efficiently. Time will tell.

adjusting please understand theory to incorporate the price cut

it's honestly a fantastic pre-financials announcement in lieu of new software

Discounting the OLED?

Ah i see, they make sure that price value is free for ReDraketed.

Bring it.

E:

Also, Raccoon, if you have Dr. Stranges Timestone, use it to tell me this weeks lottery numbers, but then be reasonable and return it.

Or, you know, they could do both?

I agree, while they could announce a price cut via PR release/Twitter, it's something that could very well also be part of a Direct.

I'd even say this would point to a general Direct, or at the very least a Mini instead of a Partner Showcase.

Price cut for losers who haven't bought a Switch or want to swap their current Switch = ludicrous, ridiculous fatal strategic error

Nintendo Selects so I can rebuy Captain Toad and the first Hyrule Warriors on the cheap and then complain about too many games = genius move, guaranteed success, sheer brilliance

I agree, while they could announce a price cut via PR release/Twitter, it's something that could very well also be part of a Direct.

I'd even say this would point to a general Direct, or at the very least a Mini instead of a Partner Showcase.
Nah, I don't think a price cut announcement this week would be part of a Direct, whether it's hardware or software. I still think a Direct next week is likeliest.

Of note this isn't Second Evolution R, but The Second Story R. I wonder if this will be a brand new version of SO2 and not just a graphics improvement of Second Evolution (the psp remake). Would explain why it took so long.
Ah, good catch. Yeah, I can see it go either way.

Today (at least in the EU) we are getting the second wave of games in the summer sale so perhaps some other types of discounts will be offered to tie into that? Discount on NSO subs maybe?

Price drop all models by $50 this week

Have some kind of direct next week before the investor call full of remasters or smaller first party titles

Acknowledge this will be a slow year as the main teams are working on Switch 2 projects hence the price cut and no major holiday title beyond dlc for Pokemon and MK.

As a recent ZOLED buyer, a price drop would be a bit annoying, but if it means there would also be some kind of discounted games or confirmation of budget ports or remakes then that’s a trade I’m willing to make.

If I mention WWHD and TPHD ports enough times on this forum they will appear eventually.

I've decided it's Nintendo Selects because:

hardware price cut:
pros:
might boost sales and help Nintendo hit their 15 million target
might drive engagement by getting owners of older models to upgrade to OLED and then said upgraded owners buy dozens of games with colours that POP

cons:
doesn't benefit me personally
cuts into projected revenue and profit
reassures the Switch Old crowd that the device is already dead and needs to be taken out back and finished off for good and that no new games should ever launch on it even if it takes another 18 months for a successor to arrive

Nintendo Selects:
pros: sounds sexy, like you're a select member of a club
Captain Toad will definitely be in the range
boosts engagement among the huge userbase by driving sales of legacy titles that no longer sell meaningful amounts; this also boosts revenue and profit
everybody can engage in their favourite hobby: backlog boosting
makes Everybody 1-2 Switch look less like a discount wet fart and more like a normally priced game

cons: Switch Old crowd will see this as confirmation no new games are planned and that it's time to send old faithful to The Farm

Artplay Inc. has filed several trademarks in China, which are "The Scarlet Engagement" and its Chinese translation. Maybe a Bloodstained title?
Screenshot-20230615-172819-Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom