• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d honestly be fine with a Partner Showcase, because mostly what I want right now is just more smaller-ish RPGs and stuff from the likes of Square and Atlus. But obviously a full Direct or Mini with some actual Nintendo games is greatly preferred. Fall/Winter this year is still wide open

If Nintendo don't try to sell me more games that aren't RPGs, I will riot

I've bought a sole RPG from Nintendo this year

I liked the video games announced at the summer games fests and will definitely buy some of them now can I see the NINTENDO GAEMS PLEASE

what if the back half of 2023 was literally all just remasters, remakes and DLC for existing games?

F-Zero GX HD
Paper Mario TTYD HD
Fire Emblem Geneology of the Holy War Remake
Maybe Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD?
Pokémon DLC
Mario Kart DLC
Maybe Zelda DLC?

NGL, I would be all over this

what if the back half of 2023 was literally all just remasters, remakes and DLC for existing games?

F-Zero GX HD
Paper Mario TTYD HD
Pokémon DLC
Mario Kart DLC
Maybe Zelda DLC?
Considering I haven't played the top 3 games, I'd personally be okay with this

I mean I’d definitely believe F-Zero is alive if Nintendo let Discotek take the lost GP legend complete dub out of their vault

The fact that TTYD is so commonly mentioned in lists of games that are most likely coming out this year as if it's almost assured is still crazy to think about. Never thought I'd see the day
Imagine how miserable this place is gonna be if it doesn’t happen

The fact that TTYD is so commonly mentioned in lists of games that are most likely coming out this year as if it's almost assured is still crazy to think about. Never thought I'd see the day
I guess it’s just expectation, everyone’s been nonstop proclaiming how “this is the last year of the switch!” “No ‘games’ after Zelda!” “Expect ‘a decent amount’ of remasters and remakes!” And so, people now expect pretty much only ports, and now that every Wii U game’s already been brought over, they have to go deeper, and the deeper they go, the crazier and more exciting it sounds.

there’s also been rumblings of each from like one or two reliable sources I guess

Did we get an actual rumor for TTYD? Or just Emily’s post from a couple years back about how Nintendo was remastering GCN games?

I don't see them changing much in TTYD, just give it a fresh coat of paint and boom, 60$ game!

Honestly as someone who is going through Paper Mario for the first time, I was shocked at how flawed TTYD was and how greatly enjoyable Origami King and 64 (which is still by far the best one) was. A remaster of TTYD would not be super interesting to me unless they try to fix some of the backtracking nonsense. It's a shame, because TTYD has immaculate combat wrapped around by terrible level and chapter design. Even Color Splash flosses on TTYD on that regard, although Color Splash's combat system is also horrible so it's still a worse game than TTYD.

Although, I am curious at how TTYD HD rumors just popped up randomly. Who knows if it would happen, I just didn't expect those rumors to be spreading a lot and actually be something relatively believed in. Then again, I think those types of general rumors regarding Paper Mario and 2D Metroid have come true during the Switch era (although 2D Metroid could simply be inferred if you just played Samus Returns), so...

Wait where did this vibe shift come from? I was Team August by virtue of insanity, but I was never totally opposed to a June Direct. Couldn't it just happen next week? Is it a "number of nails in a coffin" situation and nobody can point to one piece of evidence, or is it just a wave of malaise that has gripped people and caused them to abandon their faith? Or is there a smoking gun? Or another discordant metaphor to add to my pile?

Imagine how miserable this place is gonna be when it happens and it has the identity of a modern Paper Mario game
That would be embarrassing lmfao. I don't actually know if a single leaker even suggested it for this year. I think with the end of life aspect of the switch people are expecting more remasters. Emily put us on the path to thinking TTYD would get remastered but I don't remember if she said it was happening just that Nintendo knows fans want it. And Metroid Prime Remastered kinda sent the idea into overdrive.

Then again that is my POV of how this has gone and I may be misrepresenting certain things lmao.

I guess it’s just expectation, everyone’s been nonstop proclaiming how “this is the last year of the switch!” “No ‘games’ after Zelda!” “Expect ‘a decent amount’ of remasters and remakes!” And so, people now expect pretty much only ports, and now that every Wii U game’s already been brought over, they have to go deeper, and the deeper they go, the crazier and more exciting it sounds.

there’s also been rumblings of each from like one or two reliable sources I guess
The Dringest Timeline.

Not really. Being wrong is one thing, but it shouldn't be a thing to hate on someone about.
you are absolutely correct. it’s the way in which a person could be wrong and their response to it which could potentially be seen as arrogant. it’s the attitude and lack of concession, that more likely than not, rubs people up the wrong way

This is one of the clues

hmmmm how could this be related to F-Zero

Other than

F-Zero GX was co-developed by Sega
Sega also developed Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi featured heavy KFC and Pizza Hut signage
KFC and Pizza Hut are owned by the same company, Yum Brands, as Taco Bell

The only thing I ever really remember about Zippo is that weird Mario Kart interaction where he tried to convince people Mario Kart 9 was coming because he found some old Mario Kart 8 render that he thought hadn't been used before or something.

Not sure why you never thought we’d see the day. I had TTYD penciled in to come when origami king released. It’s probably top 3 in requested game from GameCube and Nintendo was going to oblige at some point.

It became clear Nintendo is now bringing GameCube ports to switch and TTYD HD made sense to be part of those games

F-Zero GX HD
Paper Mario TTYD HD
Pokémon DLC
Mario Kart DLC
Maybe Zelda DLC?
Might be one of my favorite 2nd half’s in the Switch’s lifecycle

I think I'd be rather surprised if a Mario platformer is imminent tbh. The series has already been represented between Odyssey and Mario Maker 2, and it holds a lot of value as a cross gen/next gen title. I also think there probably would have been some meaningful leaks about it by now. The sales potential of the IP goes hand in hand with large and wide ranging marketing campaigns, merchandising, etc., so you'd expect something to have slipped out by now.

"We saw the ebay prices and decided that we want a piece of that pie. Please enjoy TTYD HD for the low price of $99.99!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Back
Top Bottom