• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You joke, but that's more likely to happen than you'd believe.

A few demo station for Indie games, a few for their evergreens (Smash, MK, TotK, Splatoon) and a big focus on Horseshit game.
I doubt that, Nintendo will send the game out to die at the end of this money, and then probably never address it again. If we have a June direct, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo doesn't even show it off during a montage.

I doubt that, Nintendo will send the game out to die at the end of this money, and then probably never address it again. If we have a June direct, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo doesn't even show it off during a montage.

The GamesCom booth will be done by Nintendo Germany ... and let me tell you, they're definitely up to make something like this.

Nintendo's german branch still has that "Wii" mindset. You can also see it in how they do TV ads, 90% of them are Wii Sports, other casual games / family focus stuff or Splatoon.

So i could see them pushing Horseshit game as some big thing.

Btw I think Purah killed the direct chances for today. Next week was more likely anyway.

I think it's next week, but let's not forgot we had a Monty Mole Tweet posted the same day as the last Direct announcement. Dude became a legend (for a few minutes lol).

The last time Nintendo announced a brand new game at Gamescom was in 2006, where they revealed two big games: Mario Strikers Charged and Batallion Wars II. After that, it was basically recap of what they had at E3.

The GamesCom booth will be done by Nintendo Germany ... and let me tell you, they're definitely up to make something like this.

Nintendo's german branch still has that "Wii" mindset. You can also see it in how they do TV ads, 90% of them are Wii Sports, other casual games / family focus stuff or Splatoon.

So i could see them pushing Horseshit game as some big thing.
.......Why? The game will be 2 months old by then.

.......Why? The game will be 2 months old by then.

Like i said, Nintendo Germany is still locked to the "Wii Blue Ocean" mindset. So for reasons beyond me, stuff like Switch Sports, Big Brain Academy and so on, and by that definition also Horseshit game, are getting a massive focus in their marketing.
And GamesCom is basically a marketing venture for them after all.

If you wanna know why, don't ask me, as Dr. Bernd Fakesch. He's the dude that is in charge for all of NoE's german speaking (Germany, Austria, Swiss) marketing.

Gamescom is an easy venue for Nintendo to get games into people's hands. Last time they exhibited in 2019, they primarily showcased their upcoming stuff (Astral Chain, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening), but still had Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate there. I guess, given they were recent titles still receiving DLC, that made sense.

Something like Splatoon 3 could absolutely feature at GamesCom this year, but you'd expect whatever's due in the final third of the year to feature, too.

Why do you think next week is the week instead of this one?
Further removed from SGF and the presentations being held this week. Plus, last year's June Partner Showcase was broadcast the day before the Shareholder's AGM. This year, the AGM is June 23rd, so maybe that repeats.

I wonder if Nintendo would drop a twitter post for the september game and a partner direct in the same day, but it seems really weird when you can just call it a mini

Especially because it's impossibile they are going without the september game

It's not gonna be a Partner Showcase as next week is Pikmin 4 news time.

Which means it's either a Mini, Pikmin Direct or general Direct.

Usually things are announced by now, right?
Last year the partner direct was announced on the 27th of June for the 28th of June. If there is gonna be a direct tomorrow announcement, it'll likely be next week since the shareholder meeting is the 23rd.

Partners Showcase is definitely worst case scenario. I would feel bad for people who waited for a bigger direct.
I was team September from the begining anyway.

Timing does not dictate the type of showcase. Announced games do, and we have zero after Pikmin 4
I don't think having zero first party games after Pikmin is a solid argument for a June General Direct. They could announce some third party games in a Partner Showcase and fill the gap until the September Direct, just 3 months later.

OJ is on the same level as Switch force. Might be even worse. He's the guy who said limited release games like the Mario 3 d collection are a "great thing". OJ knows nothing.
Guy has been claiming xenoblade x was coming to switch for 3 years lol. Not a serious person or source of info.

I was team September from the begining anyway.

I don't think having zero first party games after Pikmin is a solid argument for a June General Direct. They could announce some third party games in a Partner Showcase and fill the gap until the September Direct, just 3 months later.
While I agree with you general argument, there are already plenty of 3rd party games announced for the next 3 months that Nintendo doesn't need a partner showcase for that either. The reason for a 3rd party showcase would be to date things that are currently coming soon(tm) like Deca Police and Fantasy Lifei, announce new games (like last years did with Super Bomberman R2), or announce ports (like they did last year with persona 3-5 and nier automata). Almost all of which won't release before the general direct in September.

Who cares what OJ says? He’s not an insider and it doesn’t mean anything that he knows Nate. Nate is the insider.
You guys should stop to being this naive. I know that there is an user here that like to be this vague to boost his brand, but Nintendo Directs are a NCL effort, and NOTHING from NLC regarding directs leaks. This person probably knows someone who knows someone at Ubisoft (the major rats).

This "cult of personality" is annoying. Umberto Eco was right.

You know I've never really cared that much about knowing when Directs are well in advance, but it would be refreshing to shorten the "when is it" stage to move to the "what's in it" stage, which is more fun.

Shame we can't skip the post-Direct phase of "we'll the people who were right didn't know anything at all and this means we'll rinse and repeat everything for all of time including the Twitter drops argument".
but Nintendo Directs are a NCL effort, and NOTHING from NLC regarding directs leaks
Tell that to Nintendo, who have multiple regional branches which localise the Direct, and who successfully leaked Bayonetta 3 and Kirby & the Forgotten Land before the September Direct in 2022.

Also, you don't have to believe the same sources as other users, but attacking and generalising people is a slippery slope.

You guys should stop to being this naive. I know that there is an user here that like to be this vague to boost his brand, but Nintendo Directs are a NCL effort, and NOTHING from NLC regarding directs leaks. This person probably knows someone who knows someone at Ubisoft (the major rats).

giphy.gif

Imagine thinking someone is vague to boost his brand while said person has no other choice between that or outright stating something that isn't set in stone and getting attacked if a Pikmin walks left in a trailer instead of right like described

You know what people are discussing about mini, general, partner

But what if in June(or maybe the July event) is a Mario Direct? It make sense right? Paper Mario HD and Mario 2D get announced covering the September slot and the Holidays and basically go in to septmeber with rest of the games

Fans are happy(for the most part) and Investrors are very happy about possibly the best sellibf Mario 2D game, also Paper Mario probably get a strong performance

But what if in June(or maybe the July event) is a Mario Direct? It make sense right? Paper Mario HD and Mario 2D get announced covering the September slot and the Holidays and basically go in to septmeber with rest of the games

Fans are happy(for the most part) and Investrors are very happy about possibly the best sellibf Mario 2D game, also Paper Mario probably get a strong performance
Earlier this year I'd wondered if a Mario Direct was possible, but I'm not sure if Nintendo have enough Mario stuff ready to make it worthwhile. I guess it's an outside possibility, but the franchise presentation I'd expect this month or next is Pokemon Presents.

Pretty reasonable take tbh. They could also throw in MK8 dlc wave 5 and a couple new NSO Mario games

Earlier this year I'd wondered if a Mario Direct was possible, but I'm not sure if Nintendo have enough Mario stuff ready to make it worthwhile. I guess it's an outside possibility, but the franchise presentation I'd expect this month or next is Pokemon Presents.
Me too, but they can alway trow in a Dr Mario and also Sonic Vs Mario at the Olympics

Also maybe they can trow Yoshi, because I have the feeling that Yoshi have something at the very end of this console life(like fuck maybe even 2025)

Mario + Sonic
Paper Mario and TTYD
NSO segment
MK8D Wave 5
The next 2D Mario

(Which would be comparable or even better than the last Super Mario Direct).

Mario + Sonic
Paper Mario and TTYD
NSO segment
The next 2D Mario

(Which would be comparable or even better than the last Super Mario Direct).
The last Mario Direct was an anniversary event, too, and there's no comparable anniversary this year. If they'd used the format more often - the way Pokemon frequently gets its own marketing - I'd be more inclined to believe it.
Me too, but they can alway trow in a Dr Mario and also Sonic Vs Mario at the Olympics

Also maybe they can trow Yoshi, because I have the feeling that Yoshi have something at the very end of this console life(like fuck maybe even 2025)
Maybe, Good-Feel would be about due a new game. But I'd still place Mario Direct behind general Direct in terms of likelihood; general lets Nintendo cover all their bases, whether that's first party, third, indies or DLC.

Assuming there's no General Direct before September, they're bound to communicate in some other way about one or two releases before then. I imagine that hoped-for remasters such as F-Zero, Prime 2-3, or Kid Icarus could be announced outside a Nintendo Direct?

Thanks for your opinion. I’ll take it into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom