• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been keeping up but saw that Nintendo Direct was trending on twitter. How likely is it for a Direct this week or even just this month?

Maybe they are skipping direct until Everybody 1-2 Switch! (🤢) is out to avoid showing footages for that. /s

Last edited:
When one's announced I will become Metroid Prime 4's strongest warrior, but until then, I have TotK to keep me occupied.

My bet's on September, anyhow.

The 83rd Annual General Meeting of Shareholders​

Date and Time:Friday, June 23, 2023 at 10 a.m. Japan time
(reception will open at 9 a.m.)Place:Exhibition Hall 3, Kyoto International Exhibition Hall “Miyako Messe”, Floor 3
9-1, Okazaki Seishojicho, Sakyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, Japan

Yahaha : https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/

Rumour about Nintendo direct next week but i know its 83rd AGM and 30th will be Everybody 1-2-Switch Release date

Nintendo Direct before AGM is possble , maybe i am wrong too

Sometimes, one vote can make a difference.

Write that down, thats a Hint!

images

/S

The thing is, I would also agree if it was a Partner Showcase but with how empty H2 of this year is from Nintendo, I'm inclined to believe that it will be a General Direct or perhaps a Mini Direct that just shadow drops.

Selfish wish, but whatever the next Direct is, i hope Nintendo doesn't announce Zelda DLC there.
I'm prolly not done for at least another month with the base TotK, and i kinda would like to finish/play some other things after Zelda. ;D

Sometimes, one vote can make a difference.

But ... i didn't vote!

;]

I watched OJ's livestream earlier and he kept iterating that if a direct happens, its going to be a partners showcase
If thats the case then these are the options:

- Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing and we're gonna get no games.

- Direct in September, starving us for any info until then to punish us for our sins.
We will have to buy Everybody 1-2 Switch to atone.

- EVERYBODY GO CRAZY SWITCH 2 SUCC DRAKE ANNOUNCEMENT IN JULY

- dunno, something normal
not my job to think of normal things.

After the summer 2020 fiasco, I don’t trust any claim that says with certainty what kind of a direct we’re getting because that typically isn’t how it works.

And I say this as someone who thinks a partner or regular mini is likely.

OJ is on the same level as Switch force. Might be even worse. He's the guy who said limited release games like the Mario 3 d collection are a "great thing". OJ knows nothing.

P3R is low-key annoying because I wanted to replay P3P but I'll just burn myself out and end up skipping the remake for a while. Wait, maybe that's a good thing? Deep discount here I come!

£65 for a switch game? Ouch

If you buy it from the Funko Pop store, sure! HotUKDeals will show us the way to the cheapest pre-order though, and it's probably Currys or ShopTo or an eBay coupon. 🙏

£65 for a switch game? Ouch
Game will always charge the same RRP as the eshop, even when every other online retailer slashes the price down. They were selling copies of TotK for nearly £20 more than other retailers.

I wouldn’t take Game listings as meaning anything either, they are just guessing.

After the summer 2020 fiasco, I don’t trust any claim that says with certainty what kind of a direct we’re getting because that typically isn’t how it works.

And I say this as someone who thinks a partner or regular mini is likely.
You do know there was a virus raging all over the world in summer 2020 right?

Direct on June 30th, we know Nintendo doesn't do Directs in the week of game releases but Nintendo wants as much eyes off of Everybody 1,2 Switch! as possible

Direct on June 30th, we know Nintendo doesn't do Directs in the week of game releases but Nintendo wants as much eyes off of Everybody 1,2 Switch! as possible
I think the 22nd/23rd are the window, but a "please don't look at the Stinky Horse" Direct would be hilarious and would add exciting new dimensions to our foundational mythology.

In terms of what kind of Direct we may get, a Mini feels like it could be a good fit based on what is rumoured to come at the end of the year. If we are indeed getting a mix of HD Remasters, new 2D Mario or DK game plus some third party ports that is the kind of content a mini would be good for.

Nintendo France just tweeted for the new Overwatch season, the dream is dead for today my friends

Whatever Direct it will be, it has to be one with at least one or two Nintendo game announcements.

If they can pack that into a Partner Showcase, then let it be a Partner Showcase.
If they at least have to do a Mini due to them seperating strictly, so be it.
If it's a full on general one, feel free to do so Nintendo!

But really. Talk.

I'm not sure a Mini does make that much sense, especially not for a June event. Outside of Partner Showcases in 2020, Nintendo have rarely used the Mini format in the Switch era. Where the Mini has been used in the Switch era, it's usually after or before other events. For example, the January 2018 Mini came just after the Labo reveal, and was relatively swiftly followed by a full fat Direct in early March 2018.

In 2020 itself, we had Pokemon and Animal Crossing Directs in January followed by a Mini just after the launch of Animal Crossing in March. It seems to have been the case that the Mini would have been followed by a Mario Direct in late April 2020 if it weren't for the pandemic, which pushed the Mario Direct all the way back to September.

Since then, with the obvious exception of June 2022, Nintendo have used the full fat format regardless of how much or how little first party news there is. February 2021, June 2021, and February 2022 all had a relatively high number of first party reveals; but September 2021, September 2022 and February 2023 were all relatively low on that front but still got the full fat treatment. I don't think the quantity or nature of first party reveals is that important in dictating the format any more; if anything, the wider context of marketing (i.e. whether any other presentations are happening in close proximity) seems to matter more.

Unless Nintendo are rapidly following things up with a July presentation, then a June Mini doesn't make much sense. It's not as if we're coming hot on the heels of any other Nintendo marketing event; this would be the first notable presentation for four months. Maybe Team 2023 end up pulling off a surprise win and a June Mini is followed by a July hardware reveal, but to me that seems highly unlikely.

It's gonna be across June 30th/July 1st so both teams can high-five

It's the internet, so the teams are more likely to high-five each others faces with hard objects in order to determin which team is the "winner" in this case. ;D

Isnt Nintendo attending Gamescom on August?
They have to do a Direct before that, otherwise they won't have anything to show.
They weren't even there last year.
They never did anything specifically for gamescom.

Best you'll get is an August Indie World.

Regardless of that, I think we're gonna get something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom