• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
June Direct Early Predictions:

- Opens with Super Mario Bros. 10 (Miyamoto explains its the tenth 2D Mario game not counting the Land, Maker, or Yoshi games). Features nice graphics reminiscent of 3D World, and a variety of brand new locations and power-ups. Releases in October.

- updates on Pikmin 4, Splatoon DLC, Mario Kart DLC, etc.

- Flipnote Studio revival revealed as a Switch Online Expansion bonus. Shadowdrop.

- F-Zero GX Remastered announced for September

- full teaser trailer for Metroid Prime 4, coming Spring 2024.

- Koizumi comes out to explain that they are preparing to transition to their next system, which will be fully revealed in the Fall. Metroid Prime 4 is confirmed as a cross-gen launch title for the new system. He thanks all the users for playing on the Switch system over its lifespan, and promises that support will continue into the next generation.

I don’t see WW and TP coming until the next system. Imo Nintendo doesn’t need to release them for switch so save them.
But they won’t remaster it again so soon. The point of them coming to switch was that it would be (fairly) easy for them to do and suit the hardware.

If they were to come to ‘Drake’ then they’d either need a lot more attention with even newer textures etc, or they would just not be utilising the new hardware at all.

If there’s one thing I’m sure of, they won’t be next gen exclusive. Now, an OoT remaster on the other hand…

Gimme TimeSplitters trilogy/Soul Calibur trilogy and I'll be so, so content.
Funny, they're both very much possible today. I feel TimeSplitters collection will release close to the launch of the new game and SC collection is kinda rumored. Hell, Namco has just delisted SC5 from storefronts, there has to be something cooking for the franchise.

I gotta be honest, I don't often make predictions for Directs anymore. I just grab a drink, immediately turn off the live chat, kick back like I'm Chainsaw Man and enjoy the announcements. Who knows? Maybe something will catch my attention or something unexpected will be announced.

I always get excited for Directs because you never know what's gonna be there.

Wait until you see the ice cream cone pokemon!
One of my favorite evolution lines introduced in Gen 5.

568.png
The episode in the anime where some kindergarten kids befriended one of these was very wholesome.

Half Life Collection will be announced at the direct.
Rise and shine Mr. Freeman!

Has there been a direct before held just a couple days before a shareholder's meeting or earnings release?
Last year, yes. The mini partner showcase was like a day before. But in general, because Nintendo used to attend E3, it didn't really match up and was a couple weeks ahead of the annual shareholder meeting.

Funny, they're both very much possible today. I feel TimeSplitters collection will release close to the launch of the new game and SC collection is kinda rumored. Hell, Namco has just delisted SC5 from storefronts, there has to be something cooking for the franchise.
Even a general update would be much appreciated that it's still progressing smoothly would be greatly appreciated. I get two years probably isn't all that long and the FRD website hiring page got a background wallpaper update that's very reminiscent of the leaked hallway photo, I'm just anxious as hell haha

Truthfully though an SC collection would be swell, all I need to be sated is Soul Calibur 2 with some HD graphics (already done), online play (already done), and Link to join the other two guest characters so that it is the most authentic and definitive release of the game. That, and my friend is more excited about the possibility than I am and even I'm at a loss to explain to him that no one knows why Bamco doesn't like money to make that port happen.

Big eshop sale. Quick, post your theories on directs coming soon!
Games on sale:

• Metroid Dread = Prime 4 reveal
  • Super Mario Party = Mario Party Superstars 2 reveal
  • Skyrim = TES VI Switch 2 exclusive reveal
  • FE Three Houses = FE4 remake reveal
  • Hyrule Warriors AoC = Hyrule Warriors: Age of Rehydrated Ganondorf reveal
  • Portal Collection = Portal 3 reveal
  • Okami HD = Okami 2 reveal
  • Astral Chain = Astral Chain 2 reveal
  • Persona 5 Royal = P3 remake and P5 Tactica reveal
  • Bravely Default 2 = BD3 reveal
  • GTA Trilogy = GTA 6 Switch 2 exclusive reveal

It's all coming together...

I'm going to be away from home for a lot of next week. If a direct happens then, I likely won't be able to catch it live. That's why I predict it will happen next week.

Ooooh NoA and NCL are quiet agaaaaaain. I said this last week and we got the NSO drops and a Pikmin trailer, I'm thinking tomorrow's do or die then

Games on sale:

This is what I was hoping for!

The Fami(tm) approved Nintendo direct

New Super Mario Bros 3: Brings back the coin gimmick from 2, using an updated version of NSMBU's artstyle.

Mario Baseball Switch: Announced with 6 months of free dlc with Daisy and Waluigi being added after launch. Your team is made up of generic toads outside of your captain.

Chibi Robo HD Remaster Collection: Includes the original Chibi Robo and Zip Lash in HD. Confirmed to be the only gc/3ds remasters coming this year.

Harvest Moon HD-2D: A collaboration between Natsume, SE, and Marvelous to remake the original HM in HD-2D and keep it true to the original ie no qol updates.

Donkey Kong King of the Jungle: The third game in the king of swing/jungle climber series.

Star Fox Zero HD: Designed to be played with Labo VR.

Startropics Picross: A collection of picross puzzles based upon Startropics.

I found a Nintendo Power from October 2004 at my parents house yesterday, here's your direct. Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2, Baten Kaitos, feature on the upcoming Nintendo DS, Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, and more. Also Hironobu Sakaguchi recently started his own studio called Mistwalker. Whoa.

Games on sale:

Portal 3 would make this the greatest year ever for me.... With ToTK and Pikmin being the other two notable releases.

11:00 JST translates to 10am EST, and I believe we are in a Wednesday-Direct year (at least based on the 2/8/23 Direct), so it's either 10am EST tomorrow or 10am EST on the 20th.

Games on sale:

No F-Zero on sale, so no F-Zero in the next direct. We lost.

- Nintendo Digital Summer Showcase announced for June 22nd, the showcase is entirely focused on 2023

-Pikmin 4 is the opener, the trailer show several world areas, one for each captain to rescue, more dog mechanics and enemies are introduced. launch date is reminded.

-Koizumi welcomes us to the showcase, thanking the audience for the support. it's time for the first news reel!

-P3R and Tactica are confirmed for Switch, no more details are shared about the game. a reminder of Deca Police and MK Wave 5 are the other highlights of this reel.

-This section ends with a brand new NdCube/EPD joint...Animal Crossing: Hiking Bootcamp. The Villager and co. embarks on a hiking expedition where the fun is guaranteed. the game itself is a very light survival simulation in an hiking camp, with various collectibles and collectipedia elements and minigames, a very cozy and casual experience out in fall 2023.

-Back to Koizumi, "so, what do you think for now? it's time to revive an old classic "snap"

-F-Zero GX HD: Max Speed is introduced. it's a remaster of the GC classic masterpiece, with enhaced textures and visuals, Online multiplayer, QoL and Story Mode improvement and bunch of never seen before tracks. out September 15!

-time for a new Nintendo News reel! Baten Kaitos collection, Splatoon 3 Side Order, Sea of Stars and a quick reminder of Pokémon DLC (with a very short in game glimpse of the new legendaries) are the highlight of this section.

-a new set of Amiibo is introduced. Totk Ganondorf, Zelda, Rauru and the Hiker Villager will be out between the end 0f 2023 and early 2024.

-Time for the last Direct section, and it's dedicated to Mario. Koizumi celebrates the global success of Mario movie and introduces a couple of new games. Mario Super Sports Mix is the first one. beach Volley, Windsurf, Motorboard, Street Basket and Kit surfing are the initial games, more will be added via free DLC, out September 15.

-Paper Mario TTYD HD is the second game, a faithful remaster of the original GC classic, it looks glorious. it's out October 20.

-"it's time to say goodbye until the Next Direct, but before we go, there is one more thing that we would like to share with you. thank you for watching."

-Screen goes black...it's Mario Time! the game is visually a clear tribute to the original Kotabe style, but with his own personality. Bowser and the Koopalings are back with a dreadful and menacing power, the ability to change the world to their own will with a magical tool that reminds the switch form factor, but Mario and co will fight back. every world level map will omage in some levels the various Mario game artstyle of the previous entries, and every world map will have its own gimmick and challanges. Super Mario Universe is the 2D Mario glorious comeback, out November 10

Games on sale:

…don’t.
Don’t give me hope.
(I would prefer Bravely Third tho)

we joke, but Dread -> Prime 4, Three Houses -> FE4, and especially Super Mario Party -> new Mario Party all make sense to me

Just as a heads up to non-US folk and any US folk who forgot, next Monday is Juneteenth, which is a US federal holiday.

If the Direct is next week, don't expect an announcement until at least Tuesday.

Just as a heads up to non-US folk and any US folk who forgot, next Monday is Juneteenth, which is a US federal holiday.

If the Direct is next week, don't expect an announcement until at least Tuesday.
For us u.s. folk was there ever a general nintendo direct announcement on a monday, it always seems tuesday or wednesday? Maybe an e3 direct?

I've pretty much got the rest of the year set in terms of releases. June = FF, July = Pikmin, August = going back to Diablo, Sep = Starfield, Oct = Forza, Nov = Like a Dragon, Dec = going back to diablo

But Nintendo can disrupt all of this (except for Starfield and Forza) by announcing Fantasy Life i's release date and Wind Waker HD for switch

Ubisoft just showed the first footage of Rayman in Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, still scheduled for late 2023.

Probably won't get a third game but if we do hopefully they'll make it a proper Mario and Rayman crossover next time. Rabbids can be DLC.

I feel like we'll get a mini (at this moment in time) so my prediction is:

• Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.
  • F-Zero GX Remastered.
  • Updates on known DLC, plus a possible TotK DLC announcement.
  • 3rd party updates.

If we get a full direct, I could see a bigger surprise like DK coming in it. But I still feel like they'll keep other beefier stuff like MP4 until September when they talk about early 2024.

Love seeing all these Ubisoft games showing up as digital only on their website….hopefully an error. Don’t particularly care for Ubisoft games but know they would certainly be a big player in moving to that if they could.

Love seeing all these Ubisoft games showing up as digital only on their website….hopefully an error. Don’t particularly care for Ubisoft games but know they would certainly be a big player in moving to that if they could.
It was pointed out that AC Mirage is digital only on Ubisoft's site but we know there's a physical version.

I guess we'll see though.

I feel like we'll get a mini (at this moment in time) so my prediction is:

• Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.
  • F-Zero GX Remastered.
  • Updates on known DLC, plus a possible TotK DLC announcement.
  • 3rd party updates.

If we get a full direct, I could see a bigger surprise like DK coming in it. But I still feel like they'll keep other beefier stuff like MP4 until September when they talk about early 2024.
Nah even minis still would have at least one completely new first party game whether it be a revival, spinoff or new ip

Nah even minis still would have at least one completely new first party game whether it be a revival, spinoff or new ip
Yeah I was kind of on the Mario Party train until these Mario/Sonic rumors given ND Cube has been showing up every other year. But maybe they're playing with a different IP. That said, what I said is what I'm just setting my expectations at but wouldn't be surprised by another announcement.

Alright everyone, with some serious talk of a Direct coming this week or next, I think it's time to move onto our second discussion topic. This one unfortunately also has the potential to take up a lot of time for responders, but I believe it's the natural point of discussion for the thread at this point: guessing the contents of the next presentation. Whether you think it'll be a general, a mini, a Partner Showcase, Pikmin 4, or even Pokémon Presents, I encourage you to predict it in as much or as little detail as you'd like. As a corollary, if you think the next presentation will be boring to predict and would rather skip to something more exciting you see coming later in the summer, feel free to do so! There are no rules here, only imagination.
A Pokémon Presents will happen at some point before the summer is over, but I don't think that's going to be too interesting for predictions outside of a high chance of Mystery Dungeon being there due to that weird thing with the copyright notices earlier this year. Mainline games on NSO is the biggest potential wildcard.

I'm a bit split on the exact format that the main Direct will take, but currently I'm predicting a teaser video for Drake (new titles shown, but not named, as with the Switch) followed by a general Direct (or something similar to one but with a different name) a week or two afterwards. There is a non-zero chance that Switch 1 focused announcements get split into a mini or Partner Showcase beforehand to avoid getting buried, and I will assume this is the path we're on if we get a summer Partner Showcase this year (mini could go either way, but will depend on contents).

As for game announcements, I will predict:
  • Booster Course Pass wave 5 (obviously)
  • Pikmin 4 trailer (obviously)
  • If TotK is getting DLC, it will likely be announced soon
  • Metroid Prime 4 (cross-gen)
  • New 3D Mario (possibly cross-gen, launch title)
  • second, tech demo launch title (not cross-gen)
But that list is not intended to be comprehensive.

June direct predictions:

Games
  • Mario & Sonic Shovelware 2024 reveal trailer - October 2023
  • New NDCube project reveal (maybe Rhythm Heaven) - October 2023
  • F-Zero GX Remaster reveal - November 2023
  • Metroid Prime 4 release date reveal - Late Spring 2024
  • Baten Kaitos release date reveal - September 2023
  • Pikmin 4 third trailer
  • Everybody 1-2 Switch gameplay reveal trailer
Updates:
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 5 - Out after this direct
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of hope - DLC info trailer
  • TOTK - Expansion Pass + TOTK Zelda and Ganondorf amiibo reveal trailer
That's pretty much it, TTYD HD is not going to be released in 2023 because Nintendo has turn based RPG called Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 HD releasing in this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom