• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suprised me a lot but the thing is Splatoon 3 is releasing early September, a potential Splatoon Direct would be month before so early August and they are not going to show all the whats new + bigger deep dive of that game only month before release. There must be something before then, it could be another trailer drop on Twitter or the Splatoon 3 Direct is in July.
I feel like something else is coming in July but I don't know what. Maybe a Mini with a Prime HD announcement and some other tidbits.

I'd expect a Splatoon 3 Direct and Indie World in August.

I'm agreed with anyone that bringing back the Partner Showcase, in place of a general presentation, is dumb, less satisfying, and currently inexplicable (no folks, the year is not packed).

I also accept there's likely more going on behind the scenes here that nobody outside of Nintendo yet knows.

It's not like those things aren't announced. The things that would've been announced at time X may instead be talked about earlier or later. Net difference of nothing.
You are correct, but I meant E3 being the one time of the year back in the day when I knew that I was guaranteed info on new games or hardware. The announcements could come at any time and that was awesome, but I liked knowing that every June I would get news from Nintendo about new games. Of course I am talking about my perspective, I didn’t subscribe to Nintendo power until the Wii years and I didn’t start visiting video game websites until the early 2010s. I am not trying to imply that just because it isn’t at E3 it won’t show up another time, if that is how I came off I apologize.

I feel like something else is coming in July but I don't know what. Maybe a Mini with a Prime HD announcement and some other tidbits.

I'd expect a Splatoon 3 Direct and Indie World in August.
If Splatoon 3 has a beta/online test like Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2, I see a possible the Splatoon Direct before August.

I mean it's better than expecting it only to get disappointed.

What do you want us to do, then? Just praise Nintendo endlessly and never question what they're doing, or why they're doing it?

And, I mean, if you wanna blame someone for setting up expectations for a Direct, blame the insiders who said there would be one on the 29th.
Yeah you need to get take a break from the internet or just this place. The fault is directly on those who can't, after all these years, set their expectations low when they don't know anything.

This year has been very different for Nintendo considering how much we know about what is coming for the rest of the year. So stop being toxic and go enjoy some games because that's supposed to be what matters...

I mean it's better than expecting it only to get disappointed.

What do you want us to do, then? Just praise Nintendo endlessly and never question what they're doing, or why they're doing it?

And, I mean, if you wanna blame someone for setting up expectations for a Direct, blame the insiders who said there would be one on the 29th.
But the insiders were right. It's ridiculous to blame other people because you set your own expectations based on very little. That's one of the biggest problems with Direct hype. Nintendo never said anything. Nate said there would be a Direct and he was right. Whatever else you expected is on you.

I don't know if anyone can relate to this but no general direct isn't even 20% as shitty as the long One Piece manga drought right now lol.

This suprised me a lot but the thing is Splatoon 3 is releasing early September, a potential Splatoon Direct would be month before so early August and they are not going to show all the whats new + bigger deep dive of that game only month before release. There must be something before then, it could be another trailer drop on Twitter or the Splatoon 3 Direct is in July.

This exists, and every second day of each tournament will be streamed. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a trailer or a direct announcement during the final one (or before that one weekend where there isn't a tournament 🤔)

Well it is kind of Nintendo’s fault if people are disappointed. Of course people expected there to be a big event here where they announce some of their upcoming big first party games. That’s the very precedent and expectation that Nintendo themselves have set for the past 25+ years by doing it every single June, without missing a beat.

A simple communication saying that wasn’t going to be the case this year would go a long way in tempering people’s feelings.

Ok guys I seqrched through at least 5 pages of this thread and I gotta admit you officially lost me.

8 hours ago we were all entertaining the realistic possibility that the Direct is a Partner Showcase and now everyone talks like it's been confirmed but I haven't seen anything pertaining to it or a tweet by Nintendo.

Someone enlighten me? XD

Could Silk Song show at a partner direct?
It's possible. Hades was shadow dropped in a Partner direct. Ori and the Will of the Wisps was both announced and shadow dropped in the same partner direct.

So there is precedent, but that doesn't mean it should be expected.

Ok guys I seqrched through at least 5 pages of this thread and I gotta admit you officially lost me.

8 hours ago we were all entertaining the realistic possibility that the Direct is a Partner Showcase and now everyone talks like it's been confirmed but I haven't seen anything pertaining to it or a tweet by Nintendo.

Someone enlighten me? XD
Basically Nate is the only one saying a partner and airing on Tuesday however PH Brazil just reiterated that he’s been told it’s airing on Wednesday morning at 9am est but doesn’t know what type of presentation.

This is not the news I wanted to wake up to after working a 22-hour day where I, the head of development at the studio, somehow got roped into running point on our wrap party's logistics, setup, and maintenance yesterday, which means that I didn't even get to enjoy it after all my hard work on this movie. Not feeling so great rn

I feel you on this. Sending good vibes <3

It'll go up from here. On the Nintendo front, I mean.

This is not the news I wanted to wake up to after working a 22-hour day where I, the head of development at the studio, somehow got roped into running point on our wrap party's logistics, setup, and maintenance yesterday, which means that I didn't even get to enjoy it after all my hard work on this movie. Not feeling so great rn
Wow... that's definitely something. I remember you talking how excited you were about that project. I'm sorry it turned out that way, that really sucks.

Could Silk Song show at a partner direct?
As someone who thought Silksong would show up at this month's direct I am now in shambles hahahahahahahaha..... suffering

New theory:

Direct next week is a Partner, which will have a teaser at the end of it for a new Direct in July: The Aonuma Haircut Reveal Direct

No, let's not do that.
They’re not getting blamed. A direct is happening. It’s just not the one you want.
It's still a Direct, maybe not the one you wanted
I know, but it's a legitimate fact that the only reason people were expecting a Direct on the 29th is because insiders specified that date as being one with a Direct on. Directing your anger at them for it turning out to be a Mini/Partner is unwarranted, but Glio said that there was nothing to indicate a Direct happening when, yeah, there was. People never expected a Partner Mini Showcase when that information came out, so stop trying to say that they should have actually expected one now that it's becoming more concrete a thing.

Dude. I really like you. But not being toxic about this doesn't equal praising Nintendo. One can rationally analyze the situation and hand without going into full hyberbole mode.

At the end of the day we we should se all this realistically.
This is industry wide phenomena.

Look at all the delays, half finished and buggy games and the uncertain situations. It isn't easy planning all this stuff if you don't even know if the next event will even take place.

Not saying Nintendo isn't to blame here. Bit we literally got a direct last week and we'll get one next week.
It isn't the big E3 line direct we hoped it would be but Nintendo still has a decent line up at the end of
the day with maybe some surprises left.

Concerning the toxic turn this thread experiences - thats not on Nintendo either.

I get you. The world is in a shitty place and I too looked forward to all the things that make me happy.

But we shouldn't get at each others throat.
I understand, but I'm just sick of having to pretend like Nintendo's utterly corporate, completely devoid-of-life marketing schedule is anything but that. Yeah, "we got a Direct last week," but it was a game-specific Direct for one of Nintendo's more niche franchises. Yeah, we 'might' be getting one next week, but it's likely gonna be a small-time event where ports of old-ass JRPGs are considered "amazing reveals."

It's just so fucking tiring having folks say "actually, that thing that made you really happy before doesn't count for shit. You're just entitled for wanting it to happen again; the corporate overlords know best." Like, we all talk about toxicity here, but maybe part of that is because some folks simply don't want to accept that disappointment can be a legitimate feeling. That list war rhetoric which spouts how "actually, Nintendo Co. LTD released 5 video game entertainment products this year. That means you are wrong. Anaemic sports titles are actually - in fact - the exact same as lengthy single-player adventures." helps no-one and does nothing.

I mean, I made a massive bingo thread because I was really, really fucking excited for the chance of having a big thing to rally around. Something that might give some semblance of a greater community feeling. But, nope, can't have that :(

Any chance of seeing DQ III 2DHD? I feel like Is something would show at TGS, but Who knows. Is One of my most anticipated games, can't wait to learn more

it's interesting how 3 big releases dated for the rest of the year is considered a very packed year for Nintendo fans lol to the point it make sense for Nintendo to slow it down with their Marketing, we sure can't keep up with all these 3 releases

The day a Switch 2 is announced and not a Switch Pro I will feel validated on the internet :p
I get my internet validation from all the Yeah!s on my Chrono Trigger posts

Also @Dragoncaine I joke but seriously, congrats on wrapping! Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the celebration but I hope it feels better once the film is out!

just guessing. it makes no sense with the current software lineup, and the current switch sales momentum worldwide.
I see them doing this if they want to blurry the idea of generations or avoid losing switch momentum before the successor.
I think it would be easier to sell the new hardware to people engaged in the current system than wait for engagement to drop and hope for people to get interested in your platform again.

Not saying that they would do that but it's my expectation if pro isn't a thing. It's wasn't probably Sony's initial idea(because of COVID) but this approach of launching games to the two platform in the first years and starting launching exclusives some years late seems to be good enough. GBC -> GBA also had this approach but I don't know if GBC output was healthy enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom