• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, that should keep us going for the next 25 pages of discussion. He specifically said that his and Andy's info "complement" eachother. Their respective sources give them info that completes the others info. Andy is hearing info about a lot of third parties in a Direct it seems, leading him to believe it's a Partner Showcase. Nate is probably hearing some of the same, along with Mario + Rabbids 2. Now, we all probably all figured that out already, but I keep getting the feeling that this might be a brand new branding of Nintendo Direct, a one time thing like the Nintendo Spotlight was in E3 2017.
Nintendo Direct Complimentary?

Nintendo Direct Continental?

I'm just saying that a lack of news stories or insider hints is not proof of anything. Sometimes stuff is successfully kept under wraps
I'd say it's more no one wants to make the error of last year and is being more thorough to ensure such a misunderstanding is avoided.

That's not saying something is imminent; but there is little value in being too early and having an error in the report.

Alright, that should keep us going for the next 25 pages of discussion. He specifically said that his and Andy's info "complement" eachother. Their respective sources give them info that completes the others info. Andy is hearing info about a lot of third parties in a Direct it seems, leading him to believe it's a Partner Showcase. Nate is probably hearing some of the same, along with Mario + Rabbids 2. Now, we all probably all figured that out already, but I keep getting the feeling that this might be a brand new branding of Nintendo Direct, a one time thing like the Nintendo Spotlight was in E3 2017.
I refuse the reality of there possibly being a partner direct next week

I'd say it's more no one wants to make the error of last year and is being more thorough to ensure such a misunderstanding is avoided.

That's not saying something is imminent; but there is little value in being too early and having an error in the report.
Yeah, I would count that as being kept under wraps 😆

Nintendo Direct Complimentary?

Nintendo Direct Continental?
Nintendo Direct: Fuck You - 29.6.2022

Shinya Takahashi opens the Direct: "Hello everyone. My name is Shinya Takahashi, and I'll be your guide for todays Nintendo Direct: Fuck You. Over the course of the next 35 minutes, we will go down the list of each game currently in development for Nintendo Switch, and cancel every single one of them. Why? Because Fuck You. Let's get start with the first batch of Nintendo Switch: Fuck You headlines." Snap

This really sounds like a Partner Showcase now. I'm not mad about it tbh (especially since Xenoblade and Mario + Rabbids will be there so it's already more exciting than all of the 2020 ones) but I am confused. Like why bring them back?

I refuse the reality of there possibly being a partner direct next week
It's not but it's likely that the Direct has less first party content compared to past ones. Still could be a full Direct with only fp reveal being Fire Emblem, nothing more. They already have a pretty stacked lineup this year anyway.

This really sounds like a Partner Showcase now. I'm not mad about it tbh (especially since Xenoblade and Mario + Rabbids will be there so it's already more exciting than all of the 2020 ones) but I am confused. Like why bring them back?
If Xenoblade really has a trailer at the Direct, it wouldn't be a Partner Showcase because Monolith Soft is a Nintendo subsidiary

If Xenoblade really has a trailer at the Direct, it wouldn't be a Partner Showcase because Monolith Soft is a Nintendo subsidiary
True. It's probably just a regular Mini then.

For Nintendo their subsidaries are not 'Nintendo' in the sense of the games being made by Nintendo , it could still be there just like 51 Clubhouse by NDCube.
51 Clubhouse got announced in a Mini though. It never appeared in a Partner Showcase.

You guys think Nintendo would ever do a “Super Nintendo Direct”

Like megaton-level reveals like a brand new F-Zero or Mother 3 remake like Links Awakening 2019

These wouldn’t happen very often obviously, probably more of a console reveal only kinda presentation

For Nintendo their subsidaries are not 'Nintendo' in the sense of the games being made by Nintendo , it could still be there just like 51 Clubhouse by NDCube.
Clubhouse games wasn't at any of the Partner Showcases, it released before they started. You're probably thinking of the Mini Direct from March where it was announced, which is very different from the Third Party exclusive Partner Showcases

Like megaton-level reveals like a brand new F-Zero or Mother 3 remake like Links Awakening 2019

These wouldn’t happen very often obviously, probably more of a console reveal only kinda presentation
Mabey after they announce their next console but don't expect anything like that for the rest of this generation

A new Fire Emblem is a bigger deal for Nintendo (due to sales numbers) than both of these games combined

I still don't think we have any concrete information about whether or not next week's direct is more likely to be a mini or a general? No offense to Nate, again, I'm sure he's right about the date, but, after July 2020, I'm not gonna believe he has any real clue about the format of a Direct until it happens.

All we really know is that there's a Direct next week and it should have Tactics Ogre and Mario + Rabbids 2. Since Nintendo has only 3 games dated for the rest of the year, I still think anything but a full general would be very, very odd.

If the info circulating around is mostly or only about third-party games and that's why a Partner Showcase seems like a likely solution, then i'm all the more convinced that it'll just end up being a fully-fledged Nintendo presentation anyway. It's good to seperate assumptions from the info if that is what is happening.

It seems like a few people are reporting a direct is happening, but not giving specifics while others are trying to manage expectations about it which is leading to speculation it may be a mini direct.
Why are people thinking it's a partner direct though?

I believe that it will be something greater/similar to a direct, but not a direct. Something similar to the Nintendo Spotlight presentation in 2017. Basically, a direct in all but name

If the info circulating around is mostly or only about third-party games and that's why a Partner Showcase seems like a likely solution, then i'm all the more convinced that it'll just end up being a fully-fledged Nintendo presentation anyway. It's good to seperate assumptions from the info if that is what is happening.
Honestly, Andy's info sounds like a first party reveal he knows of is not appearing any time soon. That's how his conclusion is the direct being a partner showcase.

Interesting thing that insiders know more about first party titles than third party on Switch.

I hope it’s a mini and they reveal Metroid remaster, pikmin 4 and the new fire emblem so people stop with the “it can’t be in there” nonsense.

I'd be fine with a partner as long as we get Bayo 3 and Mario + Rabbids news. Outside of Mario Kart DLC and Splatoon 3 news I can wait till Sept for a full direct tbh, but I know not everyone feels that way.

f you had no idea about the show and it dropped next week as a Partner... would people be down on it? Or are they down on it because it doesn't fit what they hoped June would bring?
I think most people will be down because someone leaked that there will be a direct during June, without clarifying what kind. Nintendo fans obviously want 1st party announcements, and people going in expecting a general direct will now probably be disappointed. If people hear about a direct during June (e3 times), they obviously expect a general (big) one. So if it turns out to be 3rd party/small, people will clearly be let down.

What are they saying? I'm not on discord so I can't check
It litterally was an troll about someone claiming to have Nintendo Switch Pro screenshots, Also was confused if it was an offical discord tho looks like its part of NintendoEra

I was trying to make some conclusions about today and some things make sense to me. Seems that nobody is sure if the Direct is going to be general, mini or partner.
Nate probably know about Mario + Rabbids and some other interesting third-party games, so he commented that it was general, since M+R is content to a big direct.
Andy bet on partner probably because he doesn't have any first party game information, but it doesn't meens that don't exist.
Tom is probably talking about something else that will happens next week, unrelated to direct (it could be anything and I have no idea).
Anyway, maybe I'm wrong about everything, but at this moment I only expect that will have a direct next week, there will have M+R2 and other games without Mario, but no idea what kind of direct will be.

I was trying to make some conclusions about today and some things make sense to me. Seems that nobody is sure if the Direct is going to be general, mini or partner.
Nate probably know about Mario + Rabbids and some other interesting third-party games, so he commented that it was general, since M+R is content to a big direct.
Andy bet on partner probably because he doesn't have any first party game information, but it doesn't meens that don't exist.
Tom is probably talking about something else that will happens next week, unrelated to direct (it could be anything and I have no idea).
Anyway, maybe I'm wrong about everything, but at this moment I only expect that will have a direct next week, there will have M+R2 and other games without Mario, but no idea what kind of direct will be.
Yeah. It’s like no insider has any clue on first party games lol. I wonder if Nintendo really shut that loop hole into their own games being leaked for presentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom