• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FVd1s87XwAIomI6

As much as I would love this, there’s no chance. This list alone gives us 11 major new games for 2023, many of which would be considered system sellers. We aren’t gonna get a new Mario, new Mario Kart, new Zelda, new Donkey Kong, new Pikmin, new Fire Emblem, and a new Metroid Prime in the same year, on top of your other predictions and additional 3rd party support.

Hell, that list could cover 2023 and 2024 and I’d be pretty satisfied. That’s just too much for one year.
I see what you mean. Maybe MK would be 2024. But I only see Mario and Zelda as the major system sellers on that list otherwise. I would have thought DK, and especially Pikmin, FE and MP wouldn't be considered as massive games on the same level, but that may be me misremembering historical sales for those franchises. It's funny, I thought my list was a bit conservative but I see I may have overestimated that. 😆

(I'll just be happy if we get DK and Pikmin, lol.)

If Prime 1 managed to sell almost 3M on the freaking GameCube and Dread surpassed it... i think Prime 4 will be a pretty successful game lulz. It doesn't have to achieve BOTW numbers.
And we don’t even need to look that far back. What do you know Dread released in October and is already at 3 mil. More people will be hyped for Metroid Prime 4

I see what you mean. Maybe MK would be 2024. But I only see Mario and Zelda as the major system sellers on that list otherwise. I would have thought DK, and especially Pikmin, FE and MP wouldn't be considered as massive games on the same level, but that may be me misremembering historical sales for those franchises. It's funny, I thought my list was a bit conservative but I see I may have overestimated that. 😆

(I'll just be happy if we get DK and Pikmin, lol.)
I guess "many" wasn't the right word, but it's already not a given that we'll get one each year. Getting 2 is a rarity, and getting 3 would be overkill.

The main problem would be that, while not system sellers, the other games you listed are still prominent enough to sell up to 5 million copies, with some potentially even hitting 10. But if you overload the schedule like you did, then you can't take advantage of that. Donkey Kong, Metroid Prime 4, Grezzo's Project, etc. would all do great if they're given the space to breathe properly, but if they have to compete against a new 3D Mario game and a Mario Kart, they're gonna get decked. It's a poor use of resources that would severely limit the potential growth of certain titles. And that's not accounting for 3rd party support either.

At best, I'd say we get a bit over half of what you had for 2023. Nintendogs, Pikmin 4, Donkey Kong, Good-Feel Project, Breath of the Wild 2, Fire Emblem, Style Savvy, and a new Mario game would be one hell of a year already for first party output. And even then, that's probably an overestimate.

I wanted to try something different to bring some life back into the thread while it’s down a bit.

So welcome to the very first edition of
SWITCHUM’S DIRECT QUESTION OF THE DAY | 6.17.2022

A daily question series where I ask a trivia question about past Directs, and the first person to correctly answer gets a special prize…

I will post whatever they want on the thread! I’ll answer a question, or write them a poem, or say something dumb. (This goes without saying but nothing hateful will be posted, so don’t even try.)

Without further ado, today’s question is…

What is the date of the Nintendo Direct which revealed online competitive multiplayer for Mario Golf: World Tour?

Go fast, only the first correct answer wins!

Edit: forgot to mention I will only being doing this until the June Direct.

TODAY’S QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED

Last edited:
I wanted to try something different to bring some life back into the thread while it’s down a bit.

A daily question series where I ask a trivia question about past Directs, and the first person to correctly answer gets a special prize…

I will post whatever they want on the thread! I’ll answer a question, or write them a poem, or say something dumb. (This goes without saying but nothing hateful will be posted, so don’t even try.)

What is the date of the Nintendo Direct which revealed online competitive multiplayer for Mario Golf: World Tour?

By the way if this sucks and people don’t want it, I’ll make sure this is the first and ONLY edition :) just trying to have some fun

Edit: forgot to mention I will only being doing this until the June Direct.
April 17, 2013?

Honestly, just go nuts
Today I’m goin’ absolutely CRAZY because of Mario Strikers: Battle League. And not in a good way either!! I bought the game a few days ago and haven’t opened it because reviews make it seem SO BORING and LACKING IN CONTENT that I have no will to even unwrap it from its packaging. I don’t know if it’s too late to return it to the store because I have absolutely no desire to play this game. I bought it because I heard great things about the GameCube/Wii entries and wanted to see what all the hype is about, but if they’re not going to care about the final quality of what they put out, I’m not going to care about PLAYING it. I really hope I am able to return it because I’d like to put the $$$ towards a game that is actually a completed, worthwhile product.

Today I’m goin’ absolutely CRAZY because of Mario Strikers: Battle League. And not in a good way either!! I bought the game a few days ago and haven’t opened it because reviews make it seem SO BORING and LACKING IN CONTENT that I have no will to even unwrap it from its packaging. I don’t know if it’s too late to return it to the store because I have absolutely no desire to play this game. I bought it because I heard great things about the GameCube/Wii entries and wanted to see what all the hype is about, but if they’re not going to care about the final quality of what they put out, I’m not going to care about PLAYING it. I really hope I am able to return it because I’d like to put the $$$ towards a game that is actually a completed, worthwhile product.
We'll get a copypasta out of you yet, I swear. 😂

As much as I’d love to see a port of Xenoblade X, a direct this month will not have it.
Takahashi doesn't even like acknowledging that X even exists.An X port is literally never happening.
The last wii u ports if they happen will probably be the Zelda remasters.

Quoted by: ika
The only thing about the reboot that depresses me (besides the longer wait obviously) is that I really think Prime 4 could’ve benefitted from the early switch hype a lot. Not that the switch still isn’t doing great, but hopefully y’all know what I mean.

That potential feels like it’s lowering as time passes. I really hope it’s not dropping at the end of the life cycle when the hype is on switch next. At that point just pull a TP or BOTW with it.

Rest assured that MP4 is a Switch 2 title. At the very least, crossgen. But it will not be Switch-only.

It's so weird, I'm travelling away for 9 days next saturday so I will miss not only the direct, but also the most intense discussion beforehand... which I usually enjoy so that kinda sucks. But knowing that there's been a direct for like 4 days and not knowing is going to be rough hah.

Imagine what an awesome weekend this would be if it weren't for:

E3 cancelled.
BotW2 delayed.
Only ten or eleven days to go though! We are inching ever closer! We also got Neon White and the Turtles to enjoy this weekend and a good chunk of new games next week including Ai NirvanA Initiative and Fire Emblem Warriors. Not to mention there’s a cool ongoing backlog challenge here :) It’s going to go quick!

Best to hope for a XCX remake on the Switch Succ to be released before/after a XCX2 on the same platform.

Only ten or eleven days to go though! We are inching ever closer! We also got Neon White and the Turtles to enjoy this weekend and a good chunk of new games next week including Ai NirvanA Initiative and Fire Emblem Warriors. Not to mention there’s a cool ongoing backlog challenge here :) It’s going to go quick!
I can’t wait for nirvanA Initiative too… but here in Europe they delayed it to July 8th 🙃 tbh I’m so pissed about this. I don’t want to do a US account only for one game (and I have money in my EU account already)

I want to get both AI and already predownloaded FEW 3H, so I just gotta commit to one first and beat it, think its going to be FE first, but either way I need to get them both done before July 21st so I can play Live a Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom