• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny but this is what I was thinking of predicting as a Direct closer; new 3D Mario for 2023.
I just want Koizumi to host the Direct, just be wearing his regular black suit throughout the presentation and at the end, after the supposed one more thing (being BOTW2) he is wearing his red + Cappy suit from the Switch 2017 Presentation again and he just says "Huh, looks like we actually got one MORE thing!" and then Super Mario Odyssey 2

I was hoping the Direct would come before Friday with a nice shadowdrop that would allow me to delay my purchase of Battle League. But then today I woke up feeling hopeless in that regard so I went ahead and bought / pre-loaded Mario Strikers.

Since life likes to play tricks on me, I feel the fact I gave in and bought the game increased by about 25% the chances of a Direct being announced and happening before Friday. So you are welcome, Famiboards speculation gang.

Eiji Aonuma will be at Apple Event presenting you Zelda game for iPhone and you are gonna love it, that will be your Direct for today.

Actually now that I think about it, as far as Mario's Companions go they all left him at the end of their respective games, except for Cappy right? Didn't Cappy stay with Mario? So either that means Cappy and enemy captures is a new mainstay mechanic or they're actually making Odyssey 2. And to be fair I feel like if there was an Odyssey 2 we would've had it by now, but I think it's probably a new 3D Mario with Cappy incorporated

We don’t do sacrifices anymore. We do “Yeah”‘s now. I 100% guarantee a Nintendo Direct this month if I get 10+ Yeahs.

I did this in February too and it worked.

I feel like we will get probably 1 or 2 games announced and the rest will be info on known titles. That Metroid prime remaster and maybe something more casual for the holidays.
Yea, I'm not expecting more than two games, unless Nintendo is holding back Zelda. That is the wild card IMO

Was this game not called Star Allies outside of the US?

Wow though, it always felt like we got more announcements

Oops. Thanks for catching that.

Yea, the majority of Nintendo's announcments seem to come in the early part of the year. Here were lists that I made earlier this year. Bolded, yellow lines are new game announcements.

7rjFcTu.png

phixNND.png

1bnmMUP.png

I just want Koizumi to host the Direct, just be wearing his regular black suit throughout the presentation and at the end, after the supposed one more thing (being BOTW2) he is wearing his red + Cappy suit from the Switch 2017 Presentation again and he just says "Huh, looks like we actually got one MORE thing!" and then Super Mario Odyssey 2
Koizumi had to host so many Directs and EPD Tokyo wasn't there for a long time. It's time to change it, it's just not gonna be Odyssey 2, that train has passed.

Yea, I'm not expecting more than two games, unless Nintendo is holding back Zelda. That is the wild card IMO
Oh boy, I hope that doesn't happen, they have told us like twice now that they won't show BoTW 2 yet in directs... it's getting about time. We are under a year of release. The marketing for the game should start soon enough i think and this is the last "E3 season" it will get.

10 Yeahs in 7 minutes. Y’all desperate as heck.

I’m so desperate too. I need my direct. I would’ve been so mad if I didn’t get 10 Yeahs!

Actually now that I think about it, as far as Mario's Companions go they all left him at the end of their respective games, except for Cappy right? Didn't Cappy stay with Mario? So either that means Cappy and enemy captures is a new mainstay mechanic or they're actually making Odyssey 2. And to be fair I feel like if there was an Odyssey 2 we would've had it by now, but I think it's probably a new 3D Mario with Cappy incorporated
Considering mainline Mario games almost never have proper story continuity (even with direct sequels like Super Mario Galaxy -> Super Mario Galaxy 2), I highly doubt Cappy staying at the end of Odyssey means anything for the future of 3D Mario.

I was looking for any new info on the Final Fantasy 9 remake rumor from NVIDIA. I couldn’t find anything new on it. One of the greatest games ever. I want to imagine Nintendo announcing it at the Direct. Seems to soon though.

Koizumi had to host so many Directs and EPD Tokyo wasn't there for a long time. It's time to change it, it's just not gonna be Odyssey 2, that train has passed.
I wonder the same now. Odyssey 2 feels like it’s not coming. I’m going by them doing the DK game btw. DK, Bowsers Fury and a new 3D Mario at the same time.

I was looking for any new info on the Final Fantasy 9 remake rumor from NVIDIA. I couldn’t find anything new on it. One of the greatest games ever. I want to imagine Nintendo announcing it at the Direct. Seems to soon though.
I was just thinking a new third party exclusive or timed exclusive that isn't a JRPG would be nice... but then I love me some JRPGs and Square Enix are the go to company for timed exclusive RPGs on Switch.

I feel like the next 3d Mario is being saved for the Switch 2, and it'll probably be something original rather than an Odyssey sequel. Maybe something building off of Bowser's Fury to take advantage of the leap in power?

Nintendo published games announced at Nintendo's E3 presentation in the Switch ERA:

2017:
  • Kirby Star Allies (released 2018)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (who doesn't love BBQ?)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World (announced for 2018, delayed to 2019)
2018:
  • Super Mario Party (Released that holiday)
2019:
  • Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Olympics (Released that holiday)
  • The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Almost there!)
2020: Look, we survived the year. Just be grateful for that.

2021:
  • Mario Party Superstars (Released that holiday)
  • Metroid Dread (Released that holiday)
  • WarioWare: Get it Together (Released that September)
  • Advance Wars Reboot Camp (Release TBD)
2017 and 2021 had more new announcements. 2018 and 2019 was more of "we already know what is coming, here is more info on them".
Well uh actually uh Mario and Sonic Tokyo 2020 uh was announced in uh March 2019 and uh this is a very important point trust me uh uh uh

I feel like the next 3d Mario is being saved for the Switch 2, and it'll probably be something original rather than an Odyssey sequel. Maybe something building off of Bowser's Fury to take advantage of the leap in power?
I don't think Nintendo would package an idea as a freebie if they felt it could work as a full game; I don't think they'd give that idea over to NST, either, if EPD had further plans for it.

I also don't think Nintendo need to wait for Switch 2 for any game. Cross-gen support is the way to go to ease the transition.

I don't think Nintendo would package an idea as a freebie if they felt it could work as a full game; I don't think they'd give that idea over to NST, either, if EPD had further plans for it.

I also don't think Nintendo need to wait for Switch 2 for any game. Cross-gen support is the way to go to ease the transition.
I agree. Switch Pro or Switch 2 or whatever they call it will be cross-gen. Now, they’ll of course launch some game with the “Switch 2” be it BotW 2 or 3D Mario or some other game.

I think we get 3D Mario next year holiday. What kind of game it is who knows.
With any luck, it'll be a Waluigi dating sim

Yeah, I guess a cross-gen transition for the first couple years is pretty likely. Only for certain games though imo. Like, if the next Mario Kart is finished early in the Switch 2's life, for example, then I think it'll probably be Switch 2 only.

well now I don’t understand Nate’s delay comment…so is anyone else watching Netflix Geeked Week? Today is TV shows and the new Resident Evil show looks promising IMO

well now I don’t understand Nate’s delay comment…so is anyone else watching Netflix Geeked Week? Today is TV shows and the new Resident Evil show looks promising IMO
He jokes around about delaying the direct when someone eats Subways. It’s just a joke.

That'd be a great announcement. I'd also love the FFTactics leak to be announced, that game needs to be available on modern platforms already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom