• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation Non-Spoilers |ST8B| The Password Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what’s the verdict on today’s Direct announcement? 9 am or 10 am ET?

This situation between two Direct threads makes me feel like we're all gathered around a tea set, eating strawberry-flavoured ice-cream that is served on flower-patterned porcelain, all while light-heartedly conversing about the state of the world in posh accents.

And somewhere upstairs, a loud thumping is being heard, alongside several loud crashes of broken glass. And louder than everyone else, someone is screaming "BIIIIIIIIIIRD!!!!!!" at the top of their lungs.

They delayed their next showcase to Summer instead of April... but I still choose to be hopeful that they might show some of Fantasy Life or Inazuma. Unfortunately Decapolice and especially Layton is less likely to me, Layton sepficially is announced for 2025 and we know how good they are with hitting target dates...

Let's hope they'll show up in addition to something Bravely!!
Bravely feels more likely than Level 5 to me, if I'm being honest. But both seem a bit "out there".

They delayed their next showcase to Summer instead of April... but I still choose to be hopeful that they might show some of Fantasy Life or Inazuma. Unfortunately Decapolice and especially Layton is less likely to me, Layton sepficially is announced for 2025 and we know how good they are with hitting target dates...

Let's hope they'll show up in addition to something Bravely!!
Yeah I'm of the same exact thoughts... I still hope to see them, but my expectations are really low.

Let's pray for Bravely for real tho!

I mean, about Bravely, iirc the producer (or director?), anyone high-up responsible for the series flat out confirmed that there will be an announcement this year.

Though that doesn't mean it has to be at the Direct, iirc Bravely Default 2 was a TGA announcement.
But it's definitely possible it's a Direct announcement.

Bravely feels more likely than Level 5 to me, if I'm being honest. But both seem a bit "out there".
Bravely is almost certain imho, Team Asano said that they had news to share this year on the day of BS anniversary.
I doubt they'll said that in April if they would wait until September/October/whenever the next direct will be to announce something.
The only thing we don't know if it's a new game or a remake/remaster/porting of BD (and BS) for Switch...

This situation between two Direct threads makes me feel like we're all gathered around a tea set, eating strawberry-flavoured ice-cream that is served on flower-patterned porcelain, all while light-heartedly conversing about the state of the world in posh accents.

And somewhere upstairs, a loud thumping is being heard, alongside several loud crashes of broken glass. And louder than everyone else, someone is screaming "BIIIIIIIIIIRD!!!!!!" at the top of their lungs.
Our very own Finer Things Club?!

This thread being a tea party and the other being a Punk Rock concert makes sense. The other is much more fun! ;D

That is a very intense game of Wingspan or Root going on upstairs

iirc Bravely Default 2 was a TGA announcement.

Oh yeah, that one.

"Nintendo announced BotW2 at E3!!"

"IS IT GONNA BE AT THE GAME AWARDS?!?!?"

"IT'S TOTALLY GONNA BE AT THE GAME AWARDS, JUST LIKE BOTW!!!"

"YES!! THE GAME AWARDS!!!!!!"

"AAAAAHH!!"

Geoff: "We have talked about Sony, we have talked about Microsoft...
...... another platform-holder that we should talk about..."

Geoff: "..... there's an announcement we're going to make for you that you probably don't expect... but I'm really excited to share it with you here at The Game Awards."

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!

Square Enix logo shows up.

"............................................. Oh."

Got spoiled on the thing the Endless Ocean leaker posted. While I’m EXTREMELY excited for it, I have some friends who are going to melt when it gets announced and I can’t wait😁

I think leaking the Direct date is fine and helpful and keeps the conversations going in the diehard community, but I don’t get the point of spoiling any of the contents with one day to go. (Or at all, for that matter.)

I know it’s just video game ads, but part of the fun is not knowing what is going to pop up next. And the last two had some major surprises get the piss taken out of them (for me) by stupid emoji tweets/questions that aren’t clever. That’s the opposite of the excitement I look for at Direct time.

Either way, I noped out of the main thread when it went from 69% of posts asking about the whereabouts of Pyoro to 100% of posts celebrating Pyoro surfacing. We had 2.5 reliable insiders tell us the date prior to Pyoro and yet everyone loses their shit like it wasn’t real when Nate or Brazil said it (and Necro co-signed.) Pyoro showing up just means things have likely been uploaded to the eShop backend (or whatever non-human source he has access to) and he’s gonna start leaking some of the content mere hours before it is set to be revealed.

The irony is that it was a retweet lamenting that Pyoro spoils everything. Why are you complaining about spoilers while sharing one of the spoilers?!?!
I honestly wonder if this might be a case of “if I had it spoiled for me, then it’s gonna be spoiled for you too.”

Can't believe Zelda, Metroid, Pokémon and Donkey Kong are showing up in the same Direct.

toad-hype-hype.gif

(For reference, everything I will post over the following 25 minutes is 0% leaks and 100% hype and hopium)

Can't believe Zelda, Metroid, Pokémon and Donkey Kong are showing up in the same Direct.

toad-hype-hype.gif

(For reference, everything I will post over the following 25 minutes is 0% leaks and 100% hype and hopium)
Haven’t seen any first party leaks either but yeah, I could totally see all of those franchises showing up
  • TP or WW HD
  • DK Country Returns HD
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse but you can actually look at the HD screen
  • Metroid Prime 2 and 3 HD
  • and Pokémon gameplay ig

Wait, the Direct leaked and it's tomorrow? I guess I missed a lot during the weekend. I'm glad I haven't seen any leaks, though, will be able to watch it live. I don't think they'll show anything too exciting for me but maybe there'll be one or two surprises.

Wait, the Direct leaked and it's tomorrow? I guess I missed a lot during the weekend. I'm glad I haven't seen any leaks, though, will be able to watch it live. I don't think they'll show anything too exciting for me but maybe there'll be one or two surprises.

Some potential contents from the Direct leaked, not the Direct or it's date or time.

But it's likely that it will be announced in 20 minutes and air tomorrow. Some folks who usually only get active when a Direct is close got active over the weekend.

I wonder if we'll see the new Prof Layton game that got announced in the last February direct. I'd like to see that. Though it's probably still way too soon knowing Level 5.

12 mins to go!

Manifesting that "Latter half of 2024.. and beyond." tail-end sentence.

Sorry to sound like a certain Max, but despite only knowing one thing from the Direct, I’m starting to believe that this’ll be the Direct where dreams come true (for myself and friends), getting unreasonably excited now

In all seriousness, we are getting a 2025 game as a finisher.

And it will be Prime 4.

So is this thread going to stick around, or are we going to have two separate Direct discussion threads?

Just want to know which place to shitpost in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom