• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation Non-Spoilers |ST8B| The Password Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No correct guesses so far, and it's been a while since the first one, so, here is the next password!

The password is... Smash.
Super-Password-Start1.png
Nintendo and Smash so far. What could the Super Password be?
Metroid?

Quoted by: Joe
My final set of Predictions/Expectations/Hopes for the Direct:

Nintendo (General):
  • I think we get an update on MP4 even if it's so much as a face-save that acknowledges the game is late and a 2025 release date for Switch 2. Otherwise there's going to be a big backlash since this was announced for the current hardware.
  • I think we see something from Grezzo who have been MIA on Nintendo systems since Miitopia.
  • I think if we see anything Zelda related it's going to be surprise TotK DLC or the WW/TP remasters which IIRC was something Emily hinted at years ago. If there's a time to "break glass in case of emergency" now's the time. And no, I don't think it's going to be a double-pack.
  • Likewise, I expect the FE4 remake to show up
  • EPDK I can go either way on. It feels like it's the right time for it, especially with the Mario Movie in the rear-view mirror, and might be a good tentpole holiday shopping season title. There's also some nice synergy with the main Mario characters: Mario, Peach, Luigi also getting their own games this year and adding DK would make a cool capstone for the year.
  • (Wherefore art thou Captain Toad 2?)
  • I think we get a Splatoon 3 update on the content roadmap since early September marks the end of the 2 year support calendar (and TGS is late September this year)
  • I think we get a Gamecube shadowdrop but no idea what. There's a lot of good contenders!
  • Not expecting anything Pokemon related other than maybe an update on the F2P titles. They'll be holding any major announcements until August.

Nintendo (NSO)
  • I don't expect a roadmap for new releases. Or if they do one, it won't be particularly specific and more some broad gestures about what companies or games they're expecting to release for the next 3-6 months.
  • I would like to see a new system added to the expansion pass. TG16 or Master System seem most likely.
  • I would like to see some sort of DLC added to the expansion pass. Luigi's Mansion 3 seems like a good candidate with the multiplayer focus and the proximity to LM2, but that's not a very exciting one.

Nintendo (Switch 2)
  • I think they might be cheeky and have a stinger at the end to build hype for the public announcement later this year. Like 15-30 seconds of a Switch 2 title, new IP, no context. Just something to get tongues wagging for another month or two.

Third Party
  • Square-Enix I think brings Dragon Quest III HD-2D, Something Bravely related, SaGa Frontier 2 HD Remaster, and maybe 1-2 other titles (at least one will be a multiplatform Unity based remaster of a legacy title). Forever Entertainment will bring their annual Front Mission remake series update.
  • Konami announces a new collection
  • Capcom announces Capcom Arcade Stadium 3
  • Arc System Works has a new original Kunio-kun/River City title to show
  • Sega/Atlus have the Sonic Generations remaster to talk about. I don't expect much else from them, unless we get more Persona spin-offs (dancing games? Something else?)
  • Onion Games has an update on Stray Children (this may only be in the JP stream)
  • Image & Form shadowdrop Steamworld Heist II demo
  • Wayforward has an update on the Shantae Advance game, probably shows up with at least one other new title (could be contract work)
  • Tribute Games announces second DLC for Shredder's Revenge or a new title
  • 505 Games / ArtPlay announce Bloodstained II but no platform given

Initial thoughts: possibly another Catquest 3 or SteamWorld Heist 2 trailer, Fantasy Life i, Professor Layton and the New World of Steam (please), Mario & Sonic at the Olympics Paris 2024, and still crossing my fingers for a Prime 4 trailer (with Prime 2 and 3 shadowdropping) but not getting my hopes up.

Also maybe some NSO content?
Splatoon 3 Final Fest announcement is pretty much a given I think too

Furukawa: "what? you want to announce the date and time of the Direct? no more announcements! I already told them there would be one this month just drop it on Tuesday"

No correct guesses so far, and it's been a while since the first one, so, here is the next password!

The password is... Smash.
Super-Password-Start1.png
Nintendo and Smash so far. What could the Super Password be?
I know you only get one guess, and it'd be best for me to wait for more clues. However, since I probably won't get to post very soon after whenever the next clue(s) come out, I'm going go ahead with my probably dumb guess of Super. Yes, I'm guessing the Super Password is Super. Super Nintendo, Super Smash, etc.

I almost forgot that if the Direct is on Tuesday we’re going to have to have an announcement in like seven hours. Crossing my fingers!

I know you only get one guess, and it'd be best for me to wait for more clues. However, since I probably won't get to post very soon after whenever the next clue(s) come out, I'm going go ahead with my probably dumb guess of Super. Yes, I'm guessing the Super Password is Super. Super Nintendo, Super Smash, etc.
Wait, do we only get one guess for the whole game? I thought it was one guess per round.

@EvilChameleon help I dunno how to play Password 🤣

I'm more hyped than I have been for the last bunch of directs, probably because I love getting ports/remasters on Switch and this is the more fitting time to get a lot of them (also because Metroid is my soft spot and I'm really feeling It) I'm expecting at least one of these:

-Prime 4 update/launch date. It has been 7 years and given that the successor is near and that it has been more than 5 years since the reboot announcement, it should be time. The dream would be to have also a shadowdrop/announcement of 2+3 HD or a 2 Remaster.

-Silksong. We always hope for it, but with all the recent ratings I think this time, for once, there's a strong possibility.

-Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD. I understand why people are talking about them now even if there isn't real smoke as far as I know. But if there is a time for them to come back, it is now with the successor delay and apparently no big game for the fall. And I would love to have the full 3D Zelda collection on the Switch.

-NSO. I think this is the almost guaranteed announcement, given that we don't have a roadmap anymore and we didn't get a Expansion Pack update on May. So I'm expecting a new roadmap or a buch of games shadowdroped, be it a Rare wave 2 or a DK bunch of games. I would be very, very pleased with just Banjo-Tooie, DK 64 or Diddy Kong Racing (or even the three of them, but I think that's a lot).

As I said, I'm expecting at least one of these, and imo we will be getting for sure the NSO update at least. The more of the four points I get, the better. Regarding third parties, I'm not expecting anything specially, aside from the Dragon Quest III HD and Beyond Good & Evil. I would love something like a NieR Replicant port or a Bravely 3DS duology though.

Hi everyone,
to easy the unbrearable wait for the phantom June Nintendo Direct in a completely SPOILER-FREE way, we are arranging another GIVEWAY!

This time we are gifting the winner with e SWITCH (EU) eSHOP code of ASTOR - Blade of the Monolith, a new action adventure game just released on the Switch digital store

Join us is very simple: just leave a message HERE within next Sunday, June 23th!

Last Chance for silksong to show up before accept that it's probably not going to come out until after switch 2.

The silence is worrying but I still have some hope that a roadblock came up - something like switching engines and it may release someday, but I won't be waiting for it.

I'm more hyped than I have been for the last bunch of directs, probably because I love getting ports/remasters on Switch and this is the more fitting time to get a lot of them (also because Metroid is my soft spot and I'm really feeling It) I'm expecting at least one of these:

-Prime 4 update/launch date. It has been 7 years and given that the successor is near and that it has been more than 5 years since the reboot announcement, it should be time. The dream would be to have also a shadowdrop/announcement of 2+3 HD or a 2 Remaster.

-Silksong. We always hope for it, but with all the recent ratings I think this time, for once, there's a strong possibility.

-Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD. I understand why people are talking about them now even if there isn't real smoke as far as I know. But if there is a time for them to come back, it is now with the successor delay and apparently no big game for the fall. And I would love to have the full 3D Zelda collection on the Switch.

-NSO. I think this is the almost guaranteed announcement, given that we don't have a roadmap anymore and we didn't get a Expansion Pack update on May. So I'm expecting a new roadmap or a buch of games shadowdroped, be it a Rare wave 2 or a DK bunch of games. I would be very, very pleased with just Banjo-Tooie, DK 64 or Diddy Kong Racing (or even the three of them, but I think that's a lot).

As I said, I'm expecting at least one of these, and imo we will be getting for sure the NSO update at least. The more of the four points I get, the better. Regarding third parties, I'm not expecting anything specially, aside from the Dragon Quest III HD and Beyond Good & Evil. I would love something like a NieR Replicant port or a Bravely 3DS duology though.
Literally just give me Windwaker and Twilight Princess, as well as Prime 2 and 3, and I'll be set until Switch 2.

Galaxy 2 ain't happening, Nintendo hates that game for some reason, and I'd rather have Xenoblade X get a remaster on SW2 to make it run properly and look good.

Wonder what's going on in the other thread..

I'm too old to take a sneak peak, need to stay strong.

I'd say a tad overhyping based on speculation and hints about possible contents.

Not saying anymore, respecting the idea of the thread of course.

I just put the other thread on ignore as soon as this one was opened. I know myself too well: I wouldn't be able to stop myself from taking a peek if I could actually see it.

I'm so excited AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! For some reason, the wait for this Direct felt so long even if we, in recent memory, had the September 2019 to February 2021 wait 😭😭

gah I keep habitually clicking on the main direct thread. I accidentally saw one spoiler, but It's not too bad.

tommorow can't come fast enough.
Them both having the same OP keeps throwing me off and I almost end up clicking into the other one when it gets a new post. I need to read more carefully or suffer the consequences.

I'm due to be in a meeting and currently busy practising my "Just gonna check something" and "Oh interesting" faces

Is it too late to create a cardboard cutout of yourself in lifesize and have it take your place in the meeting?

I take this that leaks are out there -

Me having started my vacation today.. It's gonna prove a challenge to not accidently click on something lol :>

Do you all expect Level5 to be there?
Honestly I would love to see a DecaPolice and a Layton release date, but Level5 doesn't seem to be going so well...

I repeat my predictions here :)

• Dragon Quest III HD-2D
  • Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • Metroid Prime 4

I wouldn't be surprised to also see Pokemon Legend ZA. I hope to have Luigi's Mansion 1 to complete collection.

I don't expect to see a new Donkey Kong.

There are very old rumors about ports of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.... Not that I'm against it, but I don't believe it either. In fact, Tears of the Kingdom is still very new and peak sales were reached very quickly. I think it's too early to release another one, even if it is a remaster.

Do you all expect Level5 to be there?
Honestly I would love to see a DecaPolice and a Layton release date, but Level5 doesn't seem to be going so well...
They delayed their next showcase to Summer instead of April... but I still choose to be hopeful that they might show some of Fantasy Life or Inazuma. Unfortunately Decapolice and especially Layton is less likely to me, Layton sepficially is announced for 2025 and we know how good they are with hitting target dates...

Let's hope they'll show up in addition to something Bravely!!

Yeah, you should all be careful now. Up until a few hours ago it was just that first Pyoro tweet we had to go off of. Now there are ACTUAL leaks flying around in that thread. Stay safe if you’re concerned!

Needless to say, you should stay away not only from the other thread, but also games news sites and of course social media. ;]

You know what.

I'm putting myself out there.

If Nintendo does indeed release TWW and TP, I'm buying them (on top of Skyward Sword HD) and stream them. Or something of that sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom