• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation Non-Spoilers |ST8B| The Password Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Password #1, Password #1 New
I was waiting for a new page before I launched the game, so here we go! I'll give a series of passwords, five of them in fact, and it's your job to guess what the Super Password is!

The first password is... Nintendo.
Super-Password-Start1.png
Everyone who wants to participate gets one guess, and if someone guesses the Super Password correctly, then I'll reveal the four other passwords and I'll launch another round sometime later. Otherwise, I'll post the second password in a couple of hours.

Thank you so much for this thread! I do like spoilers but this Direct feels a bit different 😅 These are in no way leaks (I wouldn’t even know how to go about them!!) but I’d really like to see something 2D Zelda whether that’s a brand new game or something like ALBW in the Link’s Awakening style, a Donkey Kong game of some sort, Metroid Prime 4 and something Kirby (I love that pink fella)

But anyhow, whatever we get I know I’ll find at least one thing to purchase and try out!

Has the very last Direct/State of Play/Xbox thing before a new console generation ever been good? I'm fully expecting a C-tier showing, which is fine because the Switch 2 blowout a few months later will be amazing.

What is C-tier? If I see a new DK or Fire Emblem it is already A-tier for me for example ;)

If da boid is speaking, surely the Direct is either this Tuesday or Thursday (Wednesday being Juneteenth, a holiday in at least the US?).

This year Nintendo has continued to publishing at least one game par month till now… how could be the second half of the year?

What I’d love to see:

August: Starfox hagi port collection (assault + adventure)
September: Mario Party
October: Metroid Prime 2+3
November: Hyrule warriors: imprisoning war
December: Fire Emblem

For November I wouldn’t be surprised by a Pokémon remake or spin off (not developed by GF) too.

Last edited:
This year Nintendo has continued to publishing at least one game par month till now… how could be the second half of the year?

What I’d love to see:

August: Starfox hagi port collection (assault + adventure)
September: Mario Party
October: Metroid Prime 2+3
November: Hyrule warriors: age of calamity
December: Fire Emblem

For November I wouldn’t be surprised by Pokémon remake or spin off (not developed by GF) too.
Huh?

766427_front.jpg

Has the very last Direct/State of Play/Xbox thing before a new console generation ever been good? I'm fully expecting a C-tier showing, which is fine because the Switch 2 blowout a few months later will be amazing.

Bold of your assume there's a Switch 2 blowout in a few months.

Comparing the potentially last direct for a console with a 140M+ user base compared to a 13 million one doesnt really make much sense.
They're not the same.

But for a direct from that era, it probably wasnt even close to the worst one.
There was still games like Twilight Princess, Paper Mario, Pokken, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and the star fox games.. so by Wii U standards it was even decent :p

When was the last time we had both Mario, Zelda and Metroid in the same Direct? As in, substantial games for all three.

If If "3D Mario is a Switch 2 launch title" is actually a fever dream and there's a 3D Mario ready sooner than expected...

... what if 2D Zelda is the opener, 3D Mario is a deep-dive/highlight and Prime 4 is the closer?

Holy shit.

The last two State of Plays before the PS5 reveal were deep dives into TLOU2 and GoT that were extremely well liked.

Comparing the potentially last direct for a console with a 140M+ user base compared to a 13 million one doesnt really make much sense.
They're not the same.

There was still games like Twilight Princess, Paper Mario, Pokken, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and the star fox games.. so by Wii U standards it was even decent :p
Nintendo have always struggled heavily with transitioning year from one console to the next. If we presume that all the main Nintendo teams have transitioned to developing games for the Switch 2, that means that the games being showcased this direct will be from Nintendo partners like Intelligent system, HAL etc, as well as some third party games. So that means if we see a new 2D Zelda game this direct its probably Grezzo developed rather than something Nintendo EPD has made.

I was waiting for a new page before I launched the game, so here we go! I'll give a series of passwords, five of them in fact, and it's your job to guess what the Super Password is!

Super-Password-Start1.png
Everyone who wants to participate gets one guess, and if someone guesses the Super Password correctly, then I'll reveal the four other passwords and I'll launch another round sometime later. Otherwise, I'll post the second password in a couple of hours.
Furukawa?

They're not the same.

The difference is Switch 2 was allegdely supposed to come out in 3-6 months, so I just assume a lot of cross-platform games that were going to be announced around now/July will be saved for the Switch 2 blowout. We'll see I guess.

Doomed?

Careful with the trend tab on twitter. I possibly got spoiled on one leak (thankfully if it's the only one so far, it's no biggie, nothing huge if you know).

So try to avert your eyes when on twitter if trends can't be disabled.
I looked at what was trending and it’s mostly people speculating at if it could be in the direct. Don’t think it’s leaked yet.

I'm going to try to go into this direct blind, because there's the potential for a lot of things that interest me and I want to hype naturally.

But it is going to be a long 2 days..

Lame. I wonder what it's like to get some sense of gratification or purpose from something so meaningless and self-serving.

Well thanks for the warning with this thread creation at least.

I take it we don't actually have a set date yet for the actual Direct?
Yeah, I think the same. I totally hate when I get spoiled and thanks to this thread I avoided it. But at least if Pyoro has spoken it means we are definitely getting a direct next week.

Careful with the trend tab on twitter. I possibly got spoiled on one leak (thankfully if it's the only one so far, it's no biggie, nothing huge if you know).

So try to avert your eyes when on twitter if trends can't be disabled.
nothing leaked in the last few days, I looked at the spoiler thread :)

Personal rant,

I am going to unsubscribe from Andresrestart the guy literally put in the title and youtube thumbnail what I'm assuming what pyoro leaked since I refuse to follow the bird and hate spoilers

Pyoro could tweet "I had spaghetti for dinner" and the internet would agonize for hours over how to interpret a clue from that.
Spaghetti for dinner...
Spaghetti is food.
Food gives energy.
Energy equals health.
Health equals HP.
Food can recover HP.
Spaghetti can recover HP.
What game has spaghetti as a health recovery item?
Mother 3.
But wait, no. Too easy.
What else is spaghetti?
A song. Music. Rhythm. On Top of Spaghetti.
Spaghetti is a pasta. Noodles.
What video game has a song about noodles?

PaRappa The Rapper 3 for PS5 and Switch.

Spaghetti for dinner...
Spaghetti is food.
Food gives energy.
Energy equals health.
Health equals HP.
Food can recover HP.
Spaghetti can recover HP.
What game has spaghetti as a health recovery item?
Mother 3.
But wait, no. Too easy.
What else is spaghetti?
A song. Music. Rhythm. On Top of Spaghetti.
Spaghetti is a pasta. Noodles.
What video game has a song about noodles?

PaRappa The Rapper 3 for PS5 and Switch.

I wish I could Yeah! this post 10 times.

Well while we await the announcement, Trying to decide what rpg to focus on. Hack gu or Ryza

There’s really nothing Nintendo could feasibly bring to the table with this show that would interest me, apart from Metroid.

I really hope Metroid is there.

2-3 days ago i wouldnt resist, but whats the point of leaks so close to release ? people really want to ruin the surprises of a event happening in 24 hours

I agree. When we’re this close leakers should have some courtesy and not leak anything.
Yep. If we're in a news drought with nothing in sight, sure, it's not so bad, but when a Direct is imminent and a big chunk of the fun IS the surprise, then yeah, it's fucking awful and I'm SO tired of being spoiled. I always try to go on blackout upon the Direct announcement for this reason, but that prick started leaking even BEFORE the Partner Showcase was announced and I got spoiled on Endless Ocean Luminous because of it. Folks wouldn't shut up about it, even close friends. Like HOW do you avoid this shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom