• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation Non-Spoilers |ST8B| The Password Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

The True Twilight Princess
Pronouns
he/him

Super-Password-Start.png

It's Password! It's Super Password!
Our special guests this week are nobody, because we couldn't afford any celebrities on such short notice!
And the star of Super Password; EvilChameleon!!

Hello and welcome to the non-spoiler edition of the 8th Nintendo Direct Speculation thread! We hope to give you a safe environment from leaks of the avian variety, and the non-avian variety as well. No leaks are to be posted in this thread, something I'm sure the staff will crack down on swiftly if they are posted. Other than that, the same jovial nature of the main thread is the name of the game here.

Oh, and of course the Super Password thing isn't just set dressing. There is a super password that I will be giving out hints to do by day, so play along!​

Time to put the other thread on ignore. Sucks they still haven't caught the bird but what can you do :v

Yay a rock to hide under for 48 hours. I mean, I’ll still listen to Nate’s show if they put an episode out with predictions but I don’t want outright spoilers or hints about what’s coming.

Oh thanks for confirming. Time to blackout from the internet, though I will stay here if it is truly safe from spoilers.

I usually don't go to directs with expectations, but this time I have a extremely huge hype. Give me all the ports/remasters you can Ninty

I'm really trying to make this the first Direct in a while where I go in knowing nothing except that it's a Nintendo Direct 😭

I could hang out here, or I could play one of the 6 games I got on the eShop sale and haven't touched yet.

...who am I kidding, I'll probably hang out here.

I really appreciate having a spoiler free space for Direct discussion! I kept up with leaks the past few directs but I kinda like not knowing what Nintendo has in store for this one and going in with zero expectations.

Anyway, the only game I'm really excited for right now is Fantasy Life (which will hopefully not be delayed again). My most wanted game from Nintendo themselves is Tomodachi Life but I'm at the point I'd prefer it being kept for the Switch 2 (but would not complain if it was announced at the Direct lol)

Before we enter the homestretch (and leaks emerge), what is the one prediction you have that you think everyone else would think is unrealistic but you think can happen in this Direct? I'm thinking a new Pokémon Conquest just as the major Pokémon game of the year haha 😭😭

Before we enter the homestretch (and leaks emerge), what is the one prediction you have that you think everyone else would think is unrealistic but you think can happen in this Direct? I'm thinking a new Pokémon Conquest just as the major Pokémon game of the year haha 😭😭
Metroid Prime 4 trailer.

I think I’m hanging in here, tho hopefully it gets announced tomorrow then we have the havoc of a normal direct thread XD
Master Sword by project Soul.

Honestly, I'm kind of happy that Pyoro returned because I wouldn't of wanted this thread to go to waste, it seems like a fun idea!

For as much of a leak junkie as I am, I am also chronically online and love trawling forums… so here I am in both threads :)

Initial thoughts: possibly another Catquest 3 or SteamWorld Heist 2 trailer, Fantasy Life i, Professor Layton and the New World of Steam (please), Mario & Sonic at the Olympics Paris 2024, and still crossing my fingers for a Prime 4 trailer (with Prime 2 and 3 shadowdropping) but not getting my hopes up.

Also maybe some NSO content?

I am thinking about what would happen if there is no Direct next week.
I am, as well, a bit worried about what will happen if it's not announced tomorrow but I don't think there's any reason yet to doubt it not happening this coming Tuesday (or, by chance, Thursday)

So this must be where the cool kids hang out

I never really got into birdwatching anyway

Gonna be an epic thread with everyone celebrating the glorious return of Team Star Fox. Krystal included!

Yes, thank you for the thread. I must be strong and avoid the other thread. These next 48 hrs gonna be rough, lol…
That's why I made my predictions here already, because I'm inevitably going to get spoiled and/or I will lose the willpower to not go to the other thread 🙃

Thanks for the thread! Happy to have a spoiler-free zone to hang out in. I'm glad I found out that it was here before I learned anything potentially spoiler-y.

I don't mind some hints or whatnot, but the one time that we got Super Mario RPG and some other stuff spoiled really hurt those reveals to me so I'm happy to just hang out here for a few days until the time comes.

So this means Pyoro has finally spoken?
Lame. I wonder what it's like to get some sense of gratification or purpose from something so meaningless and self-serving.

Well thanks for the warning with this thread creation at least.

I take it we don't actually have a set date yet for the actual Direct?

[Trying to manifest a new NSO roadmap for next Direct]
I expect N64 and GBA to both get a new one especially if it’s a light retail year. That on N64 especially if they managed to grab some bigger Japan third parties like Goemon, Flying Dragons, Castlevania, Snowboard kids

I just don't really understand what you gain from learning spoilers only like... two days before the show happens anyway. At that point just wait and see it in the Direct! It's one thing to get 'big' hints months in advance like the Alear image leaks for Engage or big teases we used to get from people like Emily, but part of the fun of those is that they're still not certain and you get to speculate about it all. Learning all the big reveals for a Direct within 48 hours of it happening, and knowing they're 100% true, just... isn't fun to me.

I just don't really understand what you gain from learning spoilers only like... two days before the show happens anyway. At that point just wait and see it in the Direct! It's one thing to get 'big' hints months in advance like the Alear image leaks for Engage or big teases we used to get from people like Emily, but part of the fun of those is that they're still not certain and you get to speculate about it all. Learning all the big reveals for a Direct within 48 hours of it happening, and knowing they're 100% true, just... isn't fun to me.

It sort of makes or breaks a Direct depending on what kind of leak it is.

I was in the spoiler thread prior to September 2021, and when the Kirby and the Forgotten Land picture was floating around, it was a ton of fun to decipher it, was it a new game or a remake of some sorts? Open world or linear levels? Was this finally Kirby's breakout moment? Teases and hints that insiders drop are also great speculation fuel.

The bad leaks are when someone drops the entire thing in some corner that then gets picked up by some irresponsible Twitter user. Reading a fully leaked Direct and not see a 2D Zelda mere hours before airing is a real bummer of a feeling.

Thank you for creating this thread, @EvilChameleon! I enjoy following the informed speculation and ideas people put forth on this forum, but once the discussion begins to center on specific game information provided by reliable insiders, it stops being "speculation" in my view. This close to the Direct (can't be any longer than two weeks now!), I'd rather just watch the presentation.

It sort of makes or breaks a Direct depending on what kind of leak it is.

I was in the spoiler thread prior to September 2021, and when the Kirby and the Forgotten Land picture was floating around, it was a ton of fun to decipher it, was it a new game or a remake of some sorts? Open world or linear levels? Was this finally Kirby's breakout moment? Teases and hints that insiders drop are also great speculation fuel.

The bad leaks are when someone drops the entire thing in some corner that then gets picked up by some irresponsible Twitter user. Reading a fully leaked Direct and not see a 2D Zelda mere hours before airing is a real bummer of a feeling.
Exactly! If like one big-ish game half-leaks and it leads to tons of speculation like that, that's fun and interesting! But if all the 'big' games leak in total, and you know that that's probably all there is, then that's just deflating and takes all the hype out of the actual show itself.

Exactly! If like one big-ish game half-leaks and it leads to tons of speculation like that, that's fun and interesting! But if all the 'big' games leak in total, and you know that that's probably all there is, then that's just deflating and takes all the hype out of the actual show itself.
Plus people always makes the worst out of something interesting

Hmmm why would the bird say "where Nintendo Direct". It's obviously South! Sorry different bird

I have no idea what to reasonably expect, so let me just list things that would make me happy:

1. A new NSO roadmap, especially for GBA (give me Metroid Zero Mission, Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, please!)
  2. A new inventive 2D Zelda like A Link Between Worlds
  3. A whole bunch of GameCube and Wii classics coming back as barebones $20 re-releases (Kirby Air Ride, F-Zero GX, Chibi-Robo, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Battalion Wars 1+2, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 2+3, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox Assault, Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2+3, etc.)
    1. I'd happily take online multiplayer and touched-up graphics for all of these, but since that would slow down the rate of release, I'd happily accept just having the ability to buy them. Pikmin 1+2 quality would be a fine bar to aim for, and anything more would be amazing.
  4. A new Nintendo Warriors crossover game
  5. A return of Golden Sun
  6. (Too soon) A Hotel Dusk collection
  7. An unexpected spin-off from an established IP
  8. Ace Attorney 7 and an Investigations collection
  9. Metroid Prime 4 (finally)
  10. Things I'd never guess
Right now, nothing dated for 2024 from Nintendo is exciting to me, and there are some games likely coming to Switch this year that I'd rather save for Switch 2 (looking at you, The Plucky Squire). So, more realistically, I'm just looking for Nintendo to give me some games to be excited for this year. If they don't...I have a very large backlog I'll happily progress through.

I have no idea what to reasonably expect, so let me just list things that would make me happy:

1. A new NSO roadmap, especially for GBA (give me Metroid Zero Mission, Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, please!)
  2. A new inventive 2D Zelda like A Link Between Worlds
  3. A whole bunch of GameCube and Wii classics coming back as barebones $20 re-releases (Kirby Air Ride, F-Zero GX, Chibi-Robo, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Battalion Wars 1+2, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 2+3, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox Assault, Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2+3, etc.)
    1. I'd happily take online multiplayer and touched-up graphics for all of these, but since that would slow down the rate of release, I'd happily accept just having the ability to buy them. Pikmin 1+2 quality would be a fine bar to aim for, and anything more would be amazing.
  4. A new Nintendo Warriors crossover game
  5. A return of Golden Sun
  6. (Too soon) A Hotel Dusk collection
  7. An unexpected spin-off from an established IP
  8. Ace Attorney 7 and an Investigations collection
  9. Things I'd never guess
Right now, nothing dated for 2024 from Nintendo is exciting to me, and there are some games likely coming to Switch this year that I'd rather save for Switch 2 (looking at you, The Plucky Squire). So, more realistically, I'm just looking for Nintendo to give me some games to be excited for this year. If they don't...I have a very large backlog I'll happily progress through.
This is a really good list!! I'm just really excited to see what the things that we just can't predict, things like Another Code that wasn't on anyone's radar but is Nintendo showing love for franchises that have a lot of potential, even if it isn't exactly going to give the best sales ever

This is a really good list!! I'm just really excited to see what the things that we just can't predict, things like Another Code that wasn't on anyone's radar but is Nintendo showing love for franchises that have a lot of potential, even if it isn't exactly going to give the best sales ever
Yes, absolutely! I love those announcements, and I really enjoyed playing through Another Code Recollection earlier this year. I'd probably only give it a 7/10 or something, but I'm glad I could experience that 7/10. Ashley's "This is..." voice clip still sometimes runs through my head, all these months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom