• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase on 2/21 at 6am PT/3 pm CET, 25 minutes, on-demand, focus on Switch games for h1 2024 (No Spoilers)

Will SEGA bring F-Zero GX Remastered to the Partner Showcase?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • No.

Votes: 60 49.2%
  • Falcon Punch!

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Shut up, MissingNo.!

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I stumbled upon this post by you about a week ago because Lukas quoted a post of his on the same page. would you consider yourself among the people you identified then?
FPPds16aIAE1k8L.jpg

Are you really taking my posts seriously? Do I need to have a /s end of my posts? This is a Partner Direct, that Endless Ocean game (most likely a spiritual successor) is not from Nintendo...
I might appreciate it honestly, because with that clarified I don't understand your post about endless ocean at all. maybe the joke was that codename steam is no more overlooked. anyway I invoke poe's law

I might appreciate it honestly, because with that clarified I don't understand your post about endless ocean at all. maybe the joke was that codename steam is no more overlooked. anyway I invoke poe's law
Note to self: be careful about making fun of people criticize games elsewhere, might come off as real

Endless Ocean is made by Arika who made more games about deep diving before Endless Ocean. This upcoming reveal most likely them doing this without the involvement of Nintendo. I think I botched a joke there, as always :(

Really not sure what I'll do when they inevitably pull a Prime Remastered and shadowdrop F-Zero GX Remastered on eShop tomorrow, but only have the retail version releasing 4-6 weeks later.

Note to self: be careful about making fun of people criticize games elsewhere, might come off as real

Endless Ocean is made by Arika who made more games about deep diving before Endless Ocean. This upcoming reveal most likely them doing this without the involvement of Nintendo. I think I botched a joke there, as always :(
that was an extremely believable post, so uh well done? I certainly got got lol

Really not sure what I'll do when they inevitably pull a Prime Remastered and shadowdrop F-Zero GX Remastered on eShop tomorrow, but only have the retail version releasing 4-6 weeks later.
The only game I want from Nintendo this year.
Even over Prime4

I would accept any additional GameCube remasters if we get a wireless GameCube controller that is natively recognized by the console.

There's more new posts in the direct speculation thread than in the actual direct thread since the announcement. That's the most Nintendo fanbase thing I can think of.

The last partner direct had 7 games I bought in the end, 3-4 this time around in the next 3-4-5 months would be sweet and solidify my purchase schedule.

I'd love to see more Dragon Quest. There's no reason not to dump IV-VI on there. I can't imagine that the plan is to do 2DHD versions of all of those going forward since it seems to take forever.

I can't wait for this to be your typical Partner Showcase and then people spending the next few days lamenting about how Nintendo overhyped this by removing Mini from the title.

Please keep any potential open Direct announcement spoilers from sources like Pyoro in the speculation thread. – MissingNo., VolcanicDynamo, xghost777, mariodk18
it's over, this will be the best Direct in the history of mankind. A new Monkey Ball..?

Please... be new... be good... And No GaaS! No SEGA MEGA GAME! Bad SEGA, just make one good Super Monkey Ball game... ok?

Mod edit: Put potential Pyro leak/hint behind spoilers.

I can't wait for this to be your typical Partner Showcase and then people spending the next few days lamenting about how Nintendo overhyped this by removing Mini from the title.
At lease we know it won't be as bad as July/August 2020 were, and it probably will be better than October 2020 was.

There's more new posts in the direct speculation thread than in the actual direct thread since the announcement. That's the most Nintendo fanbase thing I can think of.
Even when this thread has a poll voting option to tell a moderator to shut up with impunity (hopefully). Feels great even when I have nothing against any of them, I just hate speculation.

Even when this thread has a poll voting option to tell a moderator to shut up with impunity (hopefully). Feels great even when I have nothing against any of them, I just hate speculation.
This feels like a bizarre interpretation of the poll. Also, if you don't like the thread, you can just ignore it!

just out of curiosity what's with the poll anyways?

F-Zero seems like a pretty random and unlikely thing to be in this just wondering if I missed a rumor or something

well, we dont know the kind of games pyoro likes, so we dont know if we are getting bangers that theyre just not interested in

/copium

I mean if all I knew about a Direct was that it was gonna have say Prime 4 and a new Donkey Kong game and someone asked me if I was excited for it I would say no

Honestly I thought the more recent Partner Directs have been solid. Some heavily demanded ports, cool exclusives, and some small indies. No they're usually not as big a deal as the general Directs, but I'd be lying if I said things like the Nier Automata port, the announcement of Monster Hunter Rise, and the re-reveal of Shin Megami Tensei V didn't get me hyped as hell.

My very realistic expectations are:
  • Trails in the Sky trilogy, shadowdrop
  • NieR Replicant v19rkf&)#94do'!>22xiw9210%
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - Vengeance
  • New Etrian Odyssey
  • Sonic x Shadow (almost) all ages edition
  • Xenosaga Remaster
  • Dragon Ball - Namek Invasion (sequel to Attack of the Saiyans)
  • Soul Calibur reboot with Link and Marth as guest fighters
  • Project X Zone 3, with Konami and Square Enix characters
  • Dragon Quest - Zenithian Trilogy, shadowdrop
  • Xenogears Remaster
  • Terranigma HD-2D remake
  • Breath of Fire remake
  • Ace Attorney Investigations Duology
  • Mega Man Zero 5
  • Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2
  • NSO: Sega Saturn & Dreamcast added as systems, and now you can purchase individual games

I kept my predictions safe, no way most of these don't happen.
😻😻😻😻

Holy shit Elden Ring DLC trailer tomorrow, too? That ratchets my hype up a lot. Pretty great for a random Wednesday.

Fire Emblem Three Hopes: 1mil, while Xeno De and Xeno 3 are basically at 2mil

To be noted also how FE Warriors PRIOR to Three Houses success didn't reach the 1mil milestone, as Zelda Warriors PRIOR to Breath of the Wild success sold 1mil vs 4mil for Age of Calamity
That's not particularly true, unless you're talking about within a specific timeframe.

FE Warriors did sell over 1 million units, but it took until 2018 to do so - specifically April 2018, about 7 months after release. (And roughly 15 months before Three Houses' release.)
Meanwhile, Three Hopes shipped over 1 million within two months of being released.

To be fair, for a spin-off sequel that's in a completely different genre than the original game and attempting to appeal to fans of said original game (which itself is a pretty niche genre at times), that's VERY impressive. (Although you can say the same for Hyrule Warriors and Zelda, but I'd argue that the fighting style of Zelda games bears a larger semblance to musou games than the turn-based strategy Fire Emblem games do.)

Anyways, that's all I had to add. Carry on, and do correct me if I'm wrong!

My hopefully realistic expectations:
  • Retro Game Challenge 1+2 localization announcement
  • Picross e+ release date trailer
  • SaGa Emerald Beyond trailer (and demo shadow drop)
  • Visions of Mana
  • Team Asano appearance
  • SMT 5 Vengeance will be available as a patch/DLC for current owners
  • New project from the TMS#FE / Soul Hackers 2 team
  • Daemon x Machina 2 trailer
  • TMNT: Shredder's Revenge DLC 2 announcement (the marketing on the last one was keen to point out it's the first one)
  • Contra Operation Galuga release date trailer
  • Probably some new Kunio title announcement
  • Hades II trailer
  • Maybe something NSO related? Partnership with Konami for TG-16/TurboDuo? Big 3rd party license get for the NSO apps?

My incredibly unrealistic expectations:
  • Smash Ultimate Wave 3 - Ooops, all 3rd party characters (again)
  • Sega is opting to backport Persona 3 Reload to OG Switch

Holy shit Elden Ring DLC trailer tomorrow, too? That ratchets my hype up a lot. Pretty great for a random Wednesday.
I'm going to laugh if this is coordinated with a Switch port getting announced an hour earlier

Last edited:
All of these game predictions is what I fear. Literally nothing I would purchase but would allow them to jusiry another year on the market.

Back
Top Bottom