• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase on 2/21 at 6am PT/3 pm CET, 25 minutes, on-demand, focus on Switch games for h1 2024 (No Spoilers)

Will SEGA bring F-Zero GX Remastered to the Partner Showcase?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • No.

Votes: 60 49.2%
  • Falcon Punch!

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Shut up, MissingNo.!

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the Epic Mickey and Endless Ocean announcements did anyone else get the feeling that the Wiibers are the new demographic that's in ascendance for nostalgia mining?

They supposedly have a bunch of the other Vs XIII leads attached to the project. Wouldn't be surprised if he has some hand in it, or at least done some consulting.

It's gonna be crazy two months for me. March and April are stacked with Switch releases:

March:
Princess Peach Showtime
Unicorn Overlord
Legend of Legacy
Contra Operation Galuga
Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection
Expeditions A Mudrunner game
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Outward Definitive Edition
Snow Park South Day
Pepper Grinder
GYLT

April:
SaGa Emerald Beyond
Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
Megaton Musashi Wired
El Shaddai Ascension of Metatron
Tales of Kenzara ZAU
Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba Sweep the Board
Grounded
Braid Anniversary
Another Crab's Treasure
Slave Zero X
Botany Manor
Freedom Planet 2

Only downside of this is rest of the spring doesn't get to many games. Good months always followed by empty ones. So far May and June for me:

May:
Endless Ocean Luminous
World of Goo 2
Biomutant (?)

June:
SMT5 Vengeance (not sure I'll finish it, this is a pretty long game)
Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble
SPY x FAMILY Operation Diary
Tokyo Xanadu EX+

I'm gonna need some more announcements from our third party partners please.

With the Epic Mickey and Endless Ocean announcements did anyone else get the feeling that the Wiibers are the new demographic that's in ascendance for nostalgia mining?
give me the on rails shooters/light gun games please! Also the ridiculous versions of big IP. I want that Castlevania fighting game or that soul caliber brawler please

It's gonna be crazy two months for me. March and April are stacked with Switch releases:

March:
Princess Peach Showtime
Unicorn Overlord
Legend of Legacy
Contra Operation Galuga
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Snow Park South Day
Pepper Grinder
GYLT

April:
SaGa Emerald Beyond
Megaton Musashi Wired
Tales of Kenzara ZAU
Grounded
Braid Anniversary
Another Crab's Treasure
Slave Zero X
Botany Manor
Freedom Planet 2

Only downside of this is rest of the spring doesn't get to many games. Good months always followed by empty ones. So far May and June for me:

May:
Endless Ocean Luminous
World of Goo 2
Biomutant (?)

June:
Tokyo Xanadu EX+

There's an indie and possibly mini direct in April. Those months will fill up.

They supposedly have a bunch of the other Vs XIII leads attached to the project. Wouldn't be surprised if he has some hand in it, or at least done some consulting.
Makes sense to start mining the 00's kids for nostalgia.

a18.png

Just played the demo for Pepper Grinder and I am loving what I played so far. Looks great, buttery smooth, controls beautifully and just a fun mechanic. Digging through the scenery and boost jumping to the next platform just feels perfect. Some nice tricky bits in there as well. Definitely picking this up on release

I went in with very low expectations and left with several games I'm excited to get. Overall a solid Direct. :)

UNICORN OVERLORD DEMO!!! I've got it downloaded and will play it after eating. That, combined with the Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection - coming March 14 no less!! - made this Partner Direct go from "completely unexcited" to "actually very enjoyable" to me. I'm still missing the Moonstone Island release date but I'm okay with that.

I’m confused. Maybe I shouldn’t be.

But Microsoft were going to actually show off 2 Xbox games before they talked about their plans? And I guess an extension those NSO rare games would’ve added a little something else to the discussion.

Wonder how that would’ve turned out if those leaks didn’t happen and the partner went ahead early Feb. It was an amusing hysteria 2 weeks ago.

When can we expect Pentiment in the European EShop? It was supposed to come out today.

I have the game on PC, but have not completed it. I prefer to play it on a portable device.

I’m confused. Maybe I shouldn’t be.

But Microsoft were going to actually show off 2 Xbox games before they talked about their plans? And I guess an extension those NSO rare games would’ve added a little something else to the discussion.

Wonder how that would’ve turned out if those leaks didn’t happen and the partner went ahead early Feb. It was an amusing hysteria 2 weeks ago.
Grounded and Pentiment don't rock the boat much in terms of the kind of games they've provided in the past. It would've been more of MS dropping the smaller-budget, smaller-profile IP on other systems.

Yes they were made by a first-party as opposed to an outside dev, but if none of the other claims had surfaced, it wouldn't have prompted sincere "HALO AND GEARS WHEN?? XBOX LEAVING HARDWARE??" discussion or anything like that.

It probably would've just continued people hoping for ports of similarly smaller titles in the future and reaffirmed MS's Nintendo support.

Grounded and Pentiment don't rock the boat much in terms of the kind of games they've provided in the past. It would've been more of MS dropping the smaller-budget, smaller-profile IP on other systems.

Yes they were made by a first-party as opposed to an outside dev, but if none of the other claims had surfaced, it wouldn't have prompted sincere "HALO AND GEARS WHEN?? XBOX LEAVING HARDWARE??" discussion or anything like that.

It probably would've just continued people hoping for ports of similarly smaller titles in the future and reaffirmed MS's Nintendo support.

Sea of Thieves is massively more successful than Gears 5 and is from one of Microsoft's core devs, it going to PS5 right after Microsoft's catastrophic Fall is a strong signal Microsoft is thinking about going third-party.

Plus 3DS HD Remasters. Guess Nintendo can pan out their content calendar with whatever's left of the GameCube, Wii and 3DS

Sea of Thieves is massively more successful than Gears 5 and is from one of Microsoft's core devs, it going to PS5 right after Microsoft's catastrophic Fall is a strong signal Microsoft is thinking about going third-party.
Sea of Thieves wasn't in the presentation. The premise was if there hadn't been any other leaks and the Direct had gone ahead earlier as planned.

That's why I said Grounded and Pentiment... the games in the presentation.

I showed the direct to my kids, skipping over the stuff they obviously wouldn’t care for.

Know what all my boys want to play the most?

Endless Ocean.

March:
Princess Peach Showtime
Unicorn Overlord
Legend of Legacy
Contra Operation Galuga
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Snow Park South Day
Pepper Grinder
GYLT

April:
SaGa Emerald Beyond
Megaton Musashi Wired
Tales of Kenzara ZAU
Grounded
Braid Anniversary
Another Crab's Treasure
Slave Zero X
Botany Manor
Freedom Planet 2

May:
Endless Ocean Luminous
World of Goo 2
Biomutant (?)

June:
Tokyo Xanadu EX+

May feels kind of oddly open pretty much across the industry this year. I guess Hellblade 2, but other than that... not a whole lot (Endless Ocean, I guess). Could be that I'm just comparing it to last year with the TOTK behemoth, though

May feels kind of oddly open pretty much across the industry this year. I guess Hellblade 2, but other than that... not a whole lot (Endless Ocean, I guess). Could be that I'm just comparing it to last year with the TOTK behemoth, though
my May is looking fire with Hellblade 2 and Endless Ocean 3. April be looking dire for me rn. not getting anything that month

my May is looking fire with Hellblade 2 and Endless Ocean 3. April be looking dire for me rn. not getting anything that month
Mine's the opposite, with April having Eiyuden Chronicle and Stellar Blade. And big maybe on Tales of Kenzera: ZAU and Sand Land - whereas May is empty. Might get some more Indies or other things in there still though!

They don't have to think about it, they're there. The question is how much they continue trying to be a first party first.
Sea of Thieves wasn't in the presentation. The premise was if there hadn't been any other leaks and the Direct had gone ahead earlier as planned.

That's why I said Grounded and Pentiment... the games in the presentation.
If there hadn't been all the rumors, this Direct probably would've surprised people, then it would've very shortly been followed by the PS5 announcements and Microsoft making a planned statement about these 4 games. Rather than having emergency podcast to calm everyone down first.

Reply WAAAA for Waluigi Wednesday
Reply 🌸🌼 for Wiiber Wednesday!

tumblr_mu4dacFIy21s94n1go1_1280.png

Full context:

Brazil said it first. Necro corroborated.

And since then there's others who said the same, but don't ask me who.
i believe in brazil but he doesn't know if it's a general or mini yet, necros said it's a general but he has yet to be a reliable source yet that's why I don't put much stock in what he says'

Based on how things normally go, April would be the earliest for a new Direct since Showtime is their next “big” game and that releases at the end of March.

You do the usual “two weeks after the big release” and that puts it at mid-April which is a nice timing with Endless Ocean landing at the start of May.

So the math checks out for what it’s worth

Is Pentiment showing up for anyone yet? Not showing on the Aussie eshop yet. No search results.
They never said it was out 22nd February. They said it was out tomorrow. Maybe it's always out tomorrow, it's just gonna be out tomorrow for the rest of time.

I wonder what's going on with Suikoden remasters. I was sure that they'd be in this Direct. Did they change their minds and turned these remasters into something else altogether? Like full remakes?

They've already put elma and shulk in xc2, xc3 was filled with cameos, references and literally combined the two games. I just want xenoblade to move on. As a fan I'd have to get the game and I would rather not live in that reality lmao
They should do it the final fantasy way imo,

Anthology series that cross over in spin offs, and some games have their own sequals

They should do it the final fantasy way imo,

Anthology series that cross over in spin offs, and some games have their own sequals
I'm fine with the occasional reference and sequel, I think games that go a little against the grain are cool too but not warriors, literally anything else lol

Your kids have excellent taste.

Haha they are pretty cool, it’s fun how they’ve developed their own tastes. My 4 year old even asked me today “when’s the swimming game with other people coming out?” — it’s the multiplayer that stuck. Don’t underestimate that helping this game have a bit more reach.

Back
Top Bottom