• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on Japanese developers for supporting the console. I will say that.

Pretty good overall. My most anticipated games were not there, but it was a solid show.

Yesterday I was hoping Nintendo would pull off a good enough presentation to dispel the notion that Partner Showcases are bad, and I think they were able to do just that.

The MMBN collection makes this show a 10/10 for me. Mario+Rabbids, Blanc and Harvestella looked great as well. Happy for more people to expereince the Persona games. Maybe I'll get P3P on switch some time next year.

I listen to a lot of Nintendo podcast and predictions for June Direct.

I’m looking forward to every episode now. Poor Zelda fans lol

Tho I’m confused what’s coming next with Nintendo? So no direct till September or what? I felt you could just throw in like 3-4 first party trailers and got a general.

NateDrake and Jeff Grubb seem to think there will be something else from Nintendo in July or at least this summer.

Well, that was alright. Highlight was probably Blanc, I just know that game will make me cry. Persona finally on Switch is nice too. Nothing that crazy or unexpected though.

SauareEnix output on switch is impressive when you consider almost me of it is the big stuff on other systems. Seems like every direct they have at least one or two new game announcements.

I thought this was really strong! Will undoubtedly buy and then fail to play at least half of these.

That was such a good direct, it didn’t even feel like a partner showcase. Super excited for a lot of what was shown, but Harvestella was such a shock, I cannot wait for that.

Honestly was probably better than most regular directs for me, and if it had some first party stuff it could easily be my favorite direct.

That was a decent mini. A good number of interesting announcements but nothing earth shattering. At least we can now put the Persona on Switch hoodoo behind us.

Harvestella and Super Bomberman 2 got my attention out of the games we didn't know about/had been teased.

9/10 Direct for me, considering it's Mini Partner.
It was really, really, good and the only thing missing was Tactics Ogre.
I especially enjoyed that they showed Lorelei, Battle Network Collection, Pacman, Little Noah, RPG Time LoW, LaL Demo, DQ Treasures, Harvestella, and Persona 3 P.

Tho I’m confused what’s coming next with Nintendo? So no direct till September or what? I felt you could just throw in like 3-4 first party trailers and got a general.
Probably game specific ones till September. As for this one, contractual obligations since E3 was cancelled & Nintendo not wanting to do a General Direct near SGF.

Well that was definitely the best Partner Showcase out of all of em, and a pretty decent presentation overall honestly! Couple of bangers for sure. I'm so stoked for all the people who've been waiting so long for Persona, even though they're not for me personally, and holy craaaaaap I'm absolutely head over heels for the Battle Network collection. Those were my favorite GBA games as a kid and I can't wait to plow through em all again.

Definitely the best partner showcase. I will get Battle Network for sure, but it's too bad it's not until 2023. Mario + Rabbids is also looking great. I'm not sure I can justify a 4th playthrough of Persona 5 or a 3rd time with Persona 4, but P3P being on the switch has me interested.

I suppose Nintendo feel with both Xenoblade 3 and Splatoon 3 dated and coming over the next three months, and Pokemon and Mario + Rabbids covering Q4, they're in no rush on the first party front. They could easily wait until September and do a blowout on what's coming in early 2023 then

Ok that was pretty good. Best stuff for me:

Live a Live demo
Mega Man Battle Network Collection
Super Bomberman R 2

Also, I probably won't double dip, but I can say that Nier Automata is worth a purchase!

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe it!

Now I can say switch is definitely the best console I have ever had, since the NES.

Getting Nier, Portal, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, maybe the Mega Man Battle Collection

There was also an indie game that caught my attention in the reel, Captain Velvet Meteor, and I'll check for reviews

Last edited:
It was pretty solid, felt less than it should since we already knew about Nier and Persona, but to be fair these personas anouncement were done in the worst way possible, from the xbox only reveal to it slowly becoming multiplat.
Harvestella seems pretty cool tho.

Hopefully something materializes from that July first party mini thing Grubb talked about yesterday, and Nate had heard of but couldn't confirm

This was a great Direct. Another one that feels made for weebs me. Nothing to crazy announced here, but lots of solid stuff.

Best thing to come out of this for me was a Live A Live demo. I'll definitely play that
I'm happy it got a demo, it's already super tight between Live a Live and Xenoblade 3 and this makes it more realistic to play Live a Live before Xenoblade 3... I'll probs boot up the demo a few days before release to get started

Persona 4G
FF Pixel Remaster Collection
Batman Arkham Collection

I think those have been my big three (3rd party wise) for a little while now. 1/3 isn't great, but I'll take that 1. I guess the Batman thing was just talk or... who knows? FF Pixel Remasters... sigh, more waiting. Next year perhaps? Goddamn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom