• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say anything about the frame rate, but you can tell they cut back for the Switch version. Doesn't look bad though.

Ehhh solid enough showcase, some cool announcements but nothing overly surprising. No Batman makes me think either that's a Switch Pro/2 thing or its not happening at all.

Sorry, guys.

But for me, that "lowly" Mini-Partner Direct was better than some General Directs I can remember!

Well that was fine. Sorry for ruining the fun, I skipped through it!

If this were the third party segment of a full direct, it would have been pretty great, but it is a little telling that the big intro is DLC and the big ending is ports. The only thing I really feel strongly about Pac-Man World, AKA "how dare you stand where she once stood?"

I'm glad plenty of people enjoyed the Direct. For me personally there was nothing too exciting, but there certainly were some good announcements and trailers there.

I don’t think the Snitch is interested all that much in Nintendo leaks lol.

I bet it’s probably that if he starts leaking Nintendo. He’ll get caught faster cuase of ninjas obviously.

I’m kidding. There wasn’t much interesting things here that wasn’t already leaked anyways lol

that was really good. should have just called it a regular direct and talked about prime & splatoon

Expectedly few things that had me excited, even though some of the stuff looks nice. My girlfriend will be happy about Portal so she can finally finish them.

Rune factory but sqare enix & that game with the girl with a mechanical eye look good. Also Blanc? Im already crying

overall it was actually pretty solid.

Gotta be honest, not much here I found exciting. Not a terrible Direct but not a good one. Super Bomberman R2 is a neat announcement. Seemed inevitable that we'd see something like that eventually. That Harvestella game could be neat. I think those were the only two "brand new game" announcements I had any interest in, and I'm not particularly hyped for either. The lead-in being yet another Monster Hunter showing and the finale being Persona ports sorta sets the tone for this Direct overall, I think. I don't think it's even one of the better Partner Directs honestly.

All I can say is it’s very good that I had zero expectations going in. Nothing new there for me to spend money on.

No Bayo 3 or Style Savvy is sad, but who else got hyped by Harvestella? RF5 disappointed me and this looks like a stellar replacement

This was pretty cool! The best for me was Pac Man World! Like that came out of left field and also i was missing the batman collection but a pretty good showcase nonetheless

It probably goes without saying that that was the best Partner Showcase ever, for what it's worth.

Nobody's talking about DQ Treasures but that was the MVP for me. Super hyped, and it's coming this year!!!

Honestly I really dug the mini. There were a lot of games that really appeal to me specifically.

I listen to a lot of Nintendo podcast and predictions for June Direct.

I’m looking forward to every episode now. Poor Zelda fans lol

Tho I’m confused what’s coming next with Nintendo? So no direct till September or what? I felt you could just throw in like 3-4 first party trailers and got a general.

Yeah, not for me. Mario + Rabbids gameplay was underwhelming but I'm looking forward to the showcase tomorrow. Blanc is gorgeous, and I'll probably get Lorelei when it comes out. Otherwise, I can play everything I'm interested in on Xbox for free or w/ better visuals

Hmm not much for me but I had low expectations. Was crossing fingers for Goldeneye or Silksong but that was never realistic. Can't say it was a bad direct though, I'm sure RPG fans are happy.

So all of the Persona. Love the battle network collection (saves me money on VC purchases. Overall thought it was pretty good. Need to have the rest of the monkey island games release on switch.

That was honestly a great partner showcase! (For me)

I'll have the Disney game, harvesta(?) Looked nice, live a life too and gimme all the Persona games! Mario!

Edit: pac-man world too!
Edit2: oh and Portal too!!!
Edit3: HOW COULD I FORGET DRAGON QUEST TREASURES?!?!

Blanc and Lorelei look interesting for 2023. Nier Automata and Persona 4 Golden are 2 games I've wanted on Switch, but now they're "maybes" given I have less time/energy to game and several higher priorities to get. Says a lot that they can go through 25 minutes and some of the things I really want to see on Switch (Pixel Remasters, for the love of Terra!) weren't present. Dragon Quest Treasures I'll keep an eye on.

Sunbreak, Live Alive, and Sparks of Hope look stunning, but they were certain purchases before watching. Wish there'd been another, new announcement of that nature, but the third-party mix you get on Switch was well-represented. Harvestella was a nice surprise - that's another one to really keep an eye on and probably the most interesting announcement for me. Trust Square Enix to keep bringing the weeb goods.

I thought it was decent without being especially exciting.

Pretty good direct and Nate and MVG pretty good with their predictions

A good mix of reminders , a few small surprises, and long time games people wanted finally dropping.

WOW I got

Persona fking 5R on Switch October 21
Persona 4 and 3!
Blanc
Pac-Man platformer remake!
Mario + Rabbids (will see more tomorrow)
Portal collection dropped today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom