• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has never played a Persona game but has always wanted to, are Persona 3, 4 and 5 all solid games?
Definitely all solid if you like JRPGs and social stuff. I haven't played 3, but 4 is quite good, and P5R is one of my favorite games of all time, absolute masterpiece.

As someone who has never played a Persona game but has always wanted to, are Persona 3, 4 and 5 all solid games?
All three are great games, 4 and 5 are two of my favorites of all time.

Be aware though that some elements of 4 have aged pretty poorly, especially Yosuke's rampant homophobia.

a console is as exciting as the quality of new experiences it brings rather than what games are available on it, with that in mind Switch is middle of the pack compared to other Nintendo consoles

i would rather a new Etrian Odyssey from Atlus instead of Ports of all Persona games being shadow dropped tommorow

I‘m pretty sure the shown titles will be quite good (contrary to the 2020 ones). But it’s just so much nicer to have them back-to-back with Nintendo‘s own titles.

New predictions for the Mini!

• Mario Rabbids release date
  • Final Fantasy 1-6
  • Crisis core reminder
  • Just Dance
  • Monster hunter Rise Sunbreak
  • Batman
  • Persona
  • Cloud games to upset people
  • Bayonetta 3

a console is as exciting as the quality of new experiences it brings rather than what games are available on it, with that in mind Switch is middle of the pack compared to other Nintendo consoles

i would rather a new Etrian Odyssey from Atlus instead of Ports of all Persona games being shadow dropped tommorow
I can understand why some people won’t be excited. New experiences is what you want and not just port after port.

That's one game out of many. I don't get this argument.
Atlus first multiplatform and day 1 JRPG ever, that is supossed to become one of the pilars of the platform is skipping Switch. If for such important release they don’t consider Switch why they would for their biggest franchise?

Persona 5 is literally on PS3, they can port the game with ease, if they don't do so they're just being jerks, simple as that

Atlus first multiplatform and day 1 JRPG ever, that is supossed to become one of the pilars of the platform is skipping Switch. If for such important release they don’t consider Switch why they would for their biggest franchise?
Maybe it's just going to be a late port? Like the vast majority of Switch ports? Again, it's one game when we've gotten 7 other Atlus games released on this platform recently.

No. I’m sure there will people who will say Goldeneye. This isn’t the time for that I think. It seems like something that will be saved for later t
Jx6KO6b.png

Perfect timing.

I feel bad for Nate having to deal with all that negativity and hate every time he leaks something. However, it has to feel great seeing all those same people with clown make up on when he is proven right

Is Persona 5 that demanding of game that the Switch can't handle?
No, it's just some bizarre narrative that the hardcore gamers (tm) latched onto. The discussion should he "will Atlus take the easy route and just do a cloud version" not "can Switch run it natively".

Is Persona 5 that demanding of game that the Switch can't handle?
Not remotely. Even Catherine was on a more impressive engine really, but they were able to apply a lot of techniques used for it in P5. The game is incredibly stylish and that let most overlook the parts of the original release that didn't look so great.

Davide Soliani probably going to cry again. I can’t ever imagine he’d imagine his game would be the featured holiday game on a Nintendo system.

So WB has a Gotham Knights announcement at the same time as the Direct Mini....

edit: I keep forgetting that title is next-gen only. Cloud version seems like the only likely scenario, but could just be a coincidence.

How many games announced tomorrow will be Cloud versions only.

Over/Under- 2.5
I'm gonna say under, and the 1-2 that will get announced will be things that actually had no shot at a native Switch port like The Callisto Protocol or Resident Evil 8.

Well, that has an easy explanation. Most people want Nintendo to do better with third parties, yes, but they don't want it instead of first party. And right now, even if it's not really true, there's a bit of a perception that Nintendo 1st party news has dried up since there hasn't been much new since February (I don't mean updates on XC3 or Pokemon, but new announcements and such, like Prime 1 and Fire Emblem).

(most) Nintendo fans are always going to be 1st-party focused. If this had been a General Direct announcement, or if they had done something like a 1st party showcase and then had a long 3rd-party Direct not long after, then everyone would be on board, I think. It's mostly just the timing.
Who are we defining as most people? While yes most Nintendo fans will orient towards 1st party over 3rd most should realize that are not doing it over 1st party.

As for perceptions that 1st party news has dried up, that has been something since at least 2018 even earlier. There has been news but as you said not new stuff. Even if there were though we’ll still hear about how Nintendo doesn’t have enough for the September Direct.

lets see some Persona on the Switch. P5R would be able to run on Switch even if its just 30fps cap with shadows/textures on low. Textures/Shadows are like the first things I turn down if a game struggles on PC in addition to view distance as that usually improves things the most besides resolution. If P5S could find a way so should P5R.
Have no problem with a near half an hour long Direct even if its just a Partner Direct.

Hopefully we see something nobody was expecting...like a Megaman Legends 1+2 remaster collection...or a Sonic Adventure 1+2 remaster collection...

Last edited:
New predictions for the Mini!

• Mario Rabbids release date
  • Final Fantasy 1-6
  • Crisis core reminder
  • Just Dance
  • Monster hunter Rise Sunbreak
  • Batman
  • Persona
  • Cloud games to upset people
  • Bayonetta 3
This is very much in line with my expectations with one change. I think Bayo 3 won't be here, and Live-A-Live will almost definitely have another trailer

To Nintendo's credit, they sure know how to set expectations by specifically calling it a "Partner Showcase".

I wish I could muster interest in Xeno, FE or Splatoon, but I guess I got time for the backlog until Bayonetta and Pokemon.

I pray I'll eat crow tomorrow on my doomposting today, but I'm not holding my breath.

You would think with how successful the Switch has been, and the success of M+R, MH:Rise, and Squares HD-2D games we should see new 3rd party games made specifically for the Switch. One can hope

I just remembered Warriors Orochi 3 ultimate definitive edition was rated last month in Australia. MUSOU FANS GONNA EAT, don't dissapoint KT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom