• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The addition of a big core conflict and progressive plot means that it's definitely the first of the genre I've seen that's actually starting to peak my interest.

It's not just farming and life sim because it's pleasant and you want to chill after a hard day of work without any stress.

It's farming to prevent THE APOCALYPSE.
Tbh that is also technically the plot of Rune Factory. 4 at least

And the plot of Sakuna is growing rice to take over an island from a demon invasion (as an aside Sakuna is a brilliant video game that's well worth trying if Harvestella caught your interest)

DE is a remake though, right? Like, fully rebuilt in a different engine. Literally re-made.

Feel like I've waded into a can of worms here.

Tbh that is also technically the plot of Rune Factory. 4 at least

And the plot of Sakuna is growing rice to take over an island from a demon invasion (as an aside Sakuna is a brilliant video game that's well worth trying if Harvestella caught your interest)
Thanks! That's good to know. Guess my preconceptions mean that I've missed out a bit.

I always just assumed everything in that genre was like Animal Crossing honestly 😅

DE is a remake though, right? Like, fully rebuilt in a different engine. Literally re-made.

Feel like I've waded into a can of worms here.
It isn't. The developers said they started with the same base game and ported it to Switch, along with upgraded assets where they could, then applied XB2's rendering engine to it (shaders, I think the technical term might be?). They did re-record the music and redid the UI but the base game is in tact. It was not rebuilt from the ground up, though I've seen many fans tend to insist it is, even going as far as to call Monolith liars for interviews where they said they upgraded the base game. 🤷‍♂️

They also dont need to randomly announce Bayo and Metroid’s release dates like that.

There’s no reason why they couldn’t have stuck to their usual plan this year, that’s why its baffling that they’re holding out on us like this
But they've already done that with Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles 3. That's why I'm thinking Twitter announcement for Bayonetta 3 and maybe Windwaker depending on if that's coming, then Metroid in the September Direct.

I wonder what happened to Tactics Ogre. I can guarantee that a ton of people were told it would be here with certainty, and then it wasn’t. Square Enix ended up having a ton of presence anyway between the Nier Automata port, Dragon Quest Treasures and Harvestella, but it is curious.

Maybe Nintendo pushed them to show off games with some sort of exclusivity here (DQ and Harvestella are console exclusive), since Tactics Ogre is a regular multiplat launch. We’ll have to see where it pops up now I guess.

I’ve always taken the more theoretical approach for the remaster/remake debate, for lack of a better word. To me, a remake is a game that’s been sufficiently changed to the point that it stands as it’s own unique and defined experience compared to the source material. A remaster, on the other hand, is a game that improves the source material, but is still ultimately the same game at its core.

So, the way I see it, games like Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Shadow of the Colossus, Skyward Sword HD, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story DX are all remasters, even if they all contain varying degrees of remade assets. Games like Link’s Awakening, Crash and Spyro trilogies, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, on the other hand, are remakes in my book, and stand as their own unique experiences against their original games.

I wonder what happened to Tactics Ogre. I can guarantee that a ton of people were told it would be here with certainty, and then it wasn’t. Square Enix ended up having a ton of presence anyway between the Nier Automata port, Dragon Quest Treasures and Harvestella, but it is curious.

Maybe Nintendo pushed them to show off games with some sort of exclusivity here (DQ and Harvestella are console exclusive), since Tactics Ogre is a regular multiplat launch. We’ll have to see where it pops up now I guess.
I think the only reason why people thought it’d be here is because it leaked on the PSN store last week. It was an easy assumption to make, but it was wrong.

Is there really a Syluxhunter Twitter account lol

Seems like a parody of Samus hunter. Perhaps the same person. Or just waddle dee knows 2.0

I think they’re only popping up cause of that Snitch account.

Twitter leaking must be serious business. I always thought, what is the gain? Online praise but is the backlash worth it? Gotta thick skin for this game or you enjoy the chaos. I think I would enjoy the chaos. But definitely hate the attention.

I think the only reason why people thought it’d be here is because it leaked on the PSN store last week. It was an easy assumption to make, but it was wrong.
Would be easy to assume that (heh) from your perspective, but no, people were told it would be here via legit sources. Some were aware before the PSN listing popped up. Something changed.

Good mini direct overall but it was noticeable the lack of presence from mayor western third parties like EA, Activision-Blizzard, Warner Bros (no Batman), Take-Two. Only Ubisoft and it is using a nintendo IP.
Activision-Blizzard has Overwatch 2 coming and the rest of their lineup (CoD and Diablo) isn’t coming to Switch. EA is… lol… Warner Bros is weird with no Batman ports but that may be announced on its own later. Take-Two I imagine already ported everything they deem worth porting to Switch.

Would be easy to assume that (heh) from your perspective, but no, people were told it would be here via legit sources. Some were aware before the PSN listing popped up. Something changed.
Ah okay. I wasn’t aware there was other actual information regarding it.

Nintendo took this game for the 2nd direct in July to live up to its name.

Let us Cling together.

This was easily the best Partner Direct for me. Nier: Automata; a Super Bomberman R sequel that I was thinking would never happen; the long-awaited Battle Network collection; a friggin' Pac-Man World remake of all things; Dragon Quest Treasures; mainline Persona on a Nintendo platform; and the return of Treehouse Live afterwards! Lots of great and unexpected stuff in here. Also interested in checking out RPG Time.

Last edited:
Good mini direct overall but it was noticeable the lack of presence from mayor western third parties like EA, Activision-Blizzard, Warner Bros (no Batman), Take-Two. Only Ubisoft and it is using a nintendo IP.
Agreed, which is especially bizarre when we have games coming from a decent amount of western pubs.

The only thing that would have made this better is more Indies. Seriously, did Outer Wilds Switch get cancelled or something?

I didn't find the Direct terribly exciting, altho there were a bevy of Very Good Video Games on display fosho, including a handful of shadow drops (heyo Portal) and several promising reveals (S-E continues to flex their New Video Game IP Engine).

Mostly, I suppose I had unrealistic expectations. I was hoping for at least 2 of these 4:

a) Goldeneye
b) Tactics Ogre
c) a new Resident Evil (the rumoured Revelations 3)
d) Persona, finally

And hey we got one of those, plenty of reason to celebrate!

... really, I was super looking forward to a full reveal of the Tactics Ogre remake. Maybe in the upcoming someday General Direct?

I would say that major western 3rd parties are a bonus at this point if they appear. I expect lots of JP content & Western indies.

Theory time: What if there isn't a September Direct at all? What if the speculated July first party Direct ends up happening, which reveals Metroid, maybe Everybody 1-2-Switch, and maybe mainline FE in addition to more info on already revealed games to fill out the rest of 2022, and they wait for the February Direct next year to reveal more 2023 projects beyond BotW2? Maybe after July Nintendo has several more single game-focused Directs throughout the rest of 2022—a Splatoon Direct, a Pokemon Direct, a Fire Emblem Direct, and last but not least, a BotW2 Direct.

A BotW2 Direct can:

• Allow the game to be apart of a "special" event despite E3 being cancelled this year
  • Make sure it doesn't share the spotlight with other games
  • Make sure it doesn't overshadow other games
  • Allow Nintendo to have all the time they need for a deep dive without taking up too much time in a general Direct

Just as good a theory as any, imo. Regardless of how right or wrong this ends up being though, at the very least I think BotW2 is getting its own Direct rather than being shown off in a general first.

Are y’all seeing that SyluxHunter thing that has a thread on era?

Thought it was fake but he’s called some stuff (check the OP there)
It looks fake. Seems to be another case of private tweets made public after reveals/recycling of widespread rumors.

Last edited:
Are y’all seeing that SyluxHunter thing that has a thread on era?

Thought it was fake but he’s called some stuff (check the OP there)
Well our very own @Raccoon (unless that's another raccoon) has replied to them in the past, so I am naturally inclined to trust them

Edit: On a serious note, the reply does prove the account was active since Feb and they're not doing the "post and delete" trick since that only works for private accounts, iirc

Theory time: What if there isn't a September Direct at all? What if the speculated July first party Direct ends up happening, which reveals Metroid, maybe Everybody 1-2-Switch, and maybe mainline FE in addition to more info on already revealed games to fill out the rest of 2022, and they wait for the February Direct next year to reveal more 2023 projects beyond BotW2? Maybe after July Nintendo has several more single game-focused Directs throughout the rest of 2022—a Splatoon Direct, a Pokemon Direct, a Fire Emblem Direct, and last but not least, a BotW2 Direct.

A BotW2 Direct can:

• Allow the game to be apart of a "special" event despite E3 being cancelled this year
  • Make sure it doesn't share the spotlight with other games
  • Make sure it doesn't overshadow other games
  • Allow Nintendo to have all the time they need for a deep dive without taking up too much time in a general Direct

Just as good a theory as any, imo. Regardless of how right or wrong this ends up being though, at the very least I think BotW2 is getting its own Direct rather than being shown off in a general first.
In that case, look for another Partner Showcase in September to get third party info out of the way.

I like your style but this is pretty much a given. The modern September Direct is an extension of Tokyo Game Show
True, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. They're on the Sigma grindset 24/7, they could very well decide to just... not have a pre-TGS Direct this year lol. Alternatively, they could just end up doing what @Magic-Man said and put out another Partner Direct in September.

I think I found Sylux Hunter on twitter. They said October 28 for Bayonetta 3. Makes the most sense
The 28th makes very little sense which honestly makes it slightly more likely in my eyes

They would just put it right after Mario + Rabbids in what looks to be the most crowded month of the year. No wonder Kamiya is potentially pissed

The 28th makes very little sense which honestly makes it slightly more likely in my eyes

They would just put it right after Mario + Rabbids in what looks to be the most crowded month of the year. No wonder Kamiya is potentially pissed
Why would Nintendo tell Kamiya release dates of other games? Nintendo had done crowded months in the past. That’s why I always expect the second half to have more crowded months because they do that.

Persona is a day after Mario + Rabbids

Why would Nintendo tell Kamiya release dates of other games? Nintendo had done crowded months in the past. That’s why I always expect the second half to have more crowded months because they do that.

Why wouldnt Kamiya be involved in the marketing of the game? Which would also mean knowing other releases because they affect it

I did say it was more likely because the date didn't make sense

Also I don't think Nintendo has any control over Persona's release since that's multiplat

Why wouldnt Kamiya be involved in the marketing of the game? Which would also mean knowing other releases because they affect it
Nintendo doesn’t have to consult with him. Nintendo will worry about that. It’s Nintendo’s money. They’re not purposely going to put the game out to fail. Geez they got lots of games to release. Everyone ain’t getting weeks for themselves in the holidays

No first party and that was honestly a pretty substantial direct still. The switch is 5 years in and is still getting a decent bit of 3rd party support.. Hard to believe ninty's last console was the wiiu.

I guess Kamiya will cry (nothing new for him). Game wouldn’t even exist without Nintendo. I’d like to think Nintendo has had patience with this game and how long it’s taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom