• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I‘d love that, I think the movie delay rumor is right. Spring 2023 for Zelda and the Mario Movie + a game (because why don’t launch the movie with a game, as you said) seems very crammed.
I‘d love a new 2D Mario for early next year though.
It might be cramped, but I also can’t see Nintendo releasing a major Zelda game at the same time of their first major motion picture. The month of April should be all things Mario IMO. I think that pushes BOTW2 out to June and allows for the TP/WW ports to release this year. That might feel unrealistic, but next year may be 2017 all over again with many heavy hitters.

Lol bad move, Nintendo will dominate discussions. I doubt Sony has something big enough to beat the Metroid Prime is back + BotW2 combo + everyone whining about whatever the next NSO offering is combo
Bought ice cream to eat while I sit and read all the complaints about GB/C going on the Expansion Pack.

Does it really tho

Name a good State of Play lol

EDIT: pretty sure sony uses some kind of showcase branding for their actual shows, state of plays are hilariously lofty names for pretty chill showings
I invite you to watch the most recent State of Play which was the best June Showcase

Nintendo should change plans and reveal the Switch 2 tomorrow saying it can run all the games in Sony's show

Does that Direct livestream coming back after years mean anything for the content of the Direct?? Maybe we will get an E3 level direct tommorow :0

God, it feels so damn good to make one of these knowing that there's actually a Direct happening:

nintendodirectsep2022.jpg

I’m pretty confident we’ll get a new Mario game next Fall. It may not coincide with the movie, but it’ll happen. Been saying for about a year now, but still feel like next year is going to be a 2017 repeat. New Switch hardware with Zelda launch title early in the year and new Mario later in the year.
I’m definitely getting 2017 vibes for next year with some major releases to support Drake. The biggest question I see is what comes first, 2D Mario from Kyoto or 3D Mario from Tokyo. If it’s 3D Mario, then I’d imagine it would be in the fall. If 2D Mario, I could see it coinciding with the film.

Huh well that's definitive proof that either Nintendo doesn't know or doesn't care about other companies when planning Directs

Actually, I'm wondering if this is the real reason the Direct's happening earlier in the day than usual, since 3 PT is also often the time they happen.

Pretty brave of Sony to go against a Nintendo Direct that could have a trailer the most eagerly-awaited release in the past half decade (Xenoblade 3 DLC Wave 2).

Sony must have waited for Nintendo to announce something. Its E3-like Experience for pre-TGS Digital Events day
I can wake up to Nintendo and end with Sony yay

Lol bad move, Nintendo will dominate discussions. I doubt Sony has something big enough to beat the Metroid Prime is back + BotW2 + everyone whining about whatever the next NSO offering is combo
I‘m pretty sure Sony fans will enjoy this despite Metroid coming back that day.

Quoted by: Leo
Nintendo Ninjas checked Sony's schedule and just did a W move to air Direct earlier in the day. Everyone will be talking about BOTW2 the whole day so Sony don't even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom