• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions

Paper Mario RPG remake OR TTYD remaster
Momotaru Densetsu in the JP Direct
LEGO 2K Goaaaaaaaal announced
DQ III 2DHD release date OR Dragon Quest Monster trailer
SMT V Complete Edition (multiplatform)
Level 5 real with dates for a couple if games
That Good Feel Goemon game
A Koei-Tecmo game (but they just released the Fate/Samurai Remnant trailer with release date...damn!)
New ND Cube game
A Wii or 3DS "remaster"
Shadonw of the Damned Remaster
A new 2D Mario game

Last edited:
Lukas = @LukasManak22
He's a Famiboards user, who predicted the June 21 Direct a long time ago before anyone else believed in it, and since then has convinced lots of people that the Direct is happening, and he was right!

Chris Dring = Chris_Dring on Twitter
He's a person who claims to be an insider (i think?). Most recently known for adamantly claiming there is no June Direct, and not being able to accept that he's wrong now that he got proven wrong. Apparently has a grudge against Nintendo.

Please correct me if any of this is wrong.
Unrelated but I LOVE YOUR PFP. I love Shun so much

I just hope NDCube learned from Mario Party Superstars so if they’re doing Mario Party 15 or whatever number we’re on it continues to be more like the old school Mario Party games.

2015 - Yoshi's Woolly World
2019 - Yoshi's Crafted World
2023 - ????
2023 - Yoshi's Crappy World

jkjk. I'd like to play Crafted World sometimes actually. But not for 60€, would be the perfect title for Nintendo Selects kind of thing if you ask me

Thank you! To be completely honest, i have no idea where its from. I saw this image online and thought it would make a good pfp lol.
It comes from "The Stranger by the Shore", an anime movie from 2020.

The guy in your pfp is Shun Hashimoto, a depressed gay novelist living in Okinawa, trying to stay away from his family for reasons you'll understand once you watch the movie.

Now, according to the rules of anime pfps you've got to watch it :D

Edit: Forgot to add that the story came from a BL manga series, but most people found about it through the movie. I watched it first on theaters while I was living in Japan.

Good to see Mario from the Mario Bros. movie branching into video games. It was only a matter of time.

It comes from "The Stranger by the Shore", an anime movie from 2020.

The guy in your pfp is Shun Hashimoto, a depressed gay novelist living in Okinawa, trying to stay away from his family for reasons you'll understand once you watch the movie.

Now, according to the rules of anime pfps you've got to watch it :D

Edit: Forgot to add that the story came from a BL manga series, but most people found about it through the movie. I watched it first on theaters while I was living in Japan.
Sounds like a pretty good movie! Seems like something i'd enjoy. As an Evangelion fan you could say i have a bit of experience with depressed (and maybe gay, bi?) protagonists. I'd like to watch it! Do you know where I can watch it?

Sounds like a pretty good movie! Seems like something i'd enjoy. As an Evangelion fan you could say i have a bit of experience with depressed (and maybe gay, bi?) protagonists. I'd like to watch it! Do you know where I can watch it?
Crunchyroll / Funimation has it all around the world, and Amazon Prime /Netflix in select countries.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ld-mario-rabbids-sequel-for-its-next-console/

I’m sorry but I don’t see how waiting to release Mario Rabbids sequel on the Switch successor, with less of an install base, would be better for the game sales wise.

Not sure why the game didn’t do as well, I enjoyed it, but felt it had less charm than the first. Though let’s hope for shadow drop DLC part 2 tmrw!
In my case, it feels like that because the first game had unique battles, and this one is more about exploring the world while the traversal didn’t improve at all, and the battles are now less crafted and interesting than they used to be.

I just hope NDCube learned from Mario Party Superstars so if they’re doing Mario Party 15 or whatever number we’re on it continues to be more like the old school Mario Party games.
If they dare go back to dices that go to 6 instead of keeping it at 10 like how god intended I'm going to sue

Lukas = @LukasManak22
He's a Famiboards user, who predicted the June 21 Direct a long time ago before anyone else believed in it, and since then has convinced lots of people that the Direct is happening, and he was right!

Chris Dring = Chris_Dring on Twitter
He's a person who claims to be an insider (i think?). Most recently known for adamantly claiming there is no June Direct, and not being able to accept that he's wrong now that he got proven wrong. Apparently has a grudge against Nintendo.

Please correct me if any of this is wrong.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Thanks guys.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ld-mario-rabbids-sequel-for-its-next-console/

I’m sorry but I don’t see how waiting to release Mario Rabbids sequel on the Switch successor, with less of an install base, would be better for the game sales wise.

Not sure why the game didn’t do as well, I enjoyed it, but felt it had less charm than the first. Though let’s hope for shadow drop DLC part 2 tmrw!
Less of an install base, but ultimately it means much larger focus on the title as one of the early nextgen titles. It makes a difference, particularly as software sales have been slowing down on the Switch. We've seen a lot of Switch sequels over the last year performing under their predecessors.

Ayo, someone on the purple forum is claiming that FE4 remake will be shown along with a sequel to Sushi Strikers??
An FE4 remake has been rumored/hinted at enough that it's almost certainly in the works. Don't know if it'll be revealed tomorrow, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom