• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping it's either Superstars 2 focusing on GCN to DS or an expansion to the original Superstars.

Very interesting discussion on the Metroid Prime 4 section of Nate’s podcast.

As always, my fingers and toes are crossed. C’mon Nintendo, this might not officially be E3, but make this a Direct worthy of being your E3 show!

Go all out! Metroid and Mario you can do it! Don’t hold back!

sushi strikers sequel iif true is a but why tho? who was asking for it it wasn't popular, didn't sell well didn't review well is there hardcore sushi fanatics at ncl?

Listening to Nate the Hate. Nate and MVG talking about how everyone is done with TOTK and ready to move on like the game is leaving no impact strikes me as a weird-ass take. Am I wrong? It’s like a 100 hour plus game selling tens of millions of copies.
tunnel vision maybe?

Random prediction; Left 4 Dead 1/2 collection for the Switch.
nintendo_64_survivors_3633_1.jpg

An FE4 remake has been rumored/hinted at enough that it's almost certainly in the works. Don't know if it'll be revealed tomorrow, though.
I know FE4 remake has been rumoured for a long time but to be shown tomorrow instead of September direct just makes me really excited if it becomes true.

Listening to Nate the Hate. Nate and MVG talking about how everyone is done with TOTK and ready to move on like the game is leaving no impact strikes me as a weird-ass take. Am I wrong? It’s like a 100 hour plus game selling tens of millions of copies.
Huh? I still see people everyday playing and talking about TOTK on Twitter and even among known people, when other games would not have that kind of impact. Even me and my bf are still playing through it

sushi strikers sequel iif true is a but why tho? who was asking for it it wasn't popular, didn't sell well didn't review well is there hardcore sushi fanatics at ncl?
I loved that game, one of my most played lol

But also, who is saying there is a sequel?

people said the same thing about a month after animal crossing released and it went on to sell 40+ million soooo

They're saying it's all for 2D Mario.
Ah ok. Just found it weird when we already knew that from them. Guess it’s them trying to show how credible they are when/if those emoji’s match the upcoming trailer.

Confirmed Games​

Everybody 1-2 Switch! [June 30]
Pikmin 4 [July 21]
Metroid Prime 4
Detective Pikachu

Confirmed DLC​

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass (Wave 5: Feather and Cherry Cups)
Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass (Wave 2: Side Order)
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero (Part 1: The Teal Mask)
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope Season Pass (DLC 2)

Rumored/Speculated Releases​

(asterisks denote titles not indicated by staff profiles, hiring calls, or other reliable sources)

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Expansion Pass*
NdCube's Semi-Annual Party Game*
EPD8's 3D action game
EPD8's 2D action game (Donkey Kong?)
EPD10's 2D action game (Super Mario?)
Monolith Soft's action game
Nintendo contracted to Bandai Namco 3D action game remaster
Creatures' Something or Other (Pokémon TCG thingy?)
F-Zero GX HD*
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD*
The Legends of Zelda: The Wind Waker & The Twilight Princess*
Good-Feel's Something or Other*
NST's Something or Other*

Confirmed Third-Party Games:​

(asterisks denote titles not confirmed for Switch)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie [July 7]
Oxenfree II [July 12]
Atelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of Salburg [July 13]
Lisa: Definitive Edition [July 18]
Nobunaga's Ambition: Awakening [July 20]
Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons [July 27]
Disney Illusion Island [July 28]
Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed Director’s Cut [August 1]
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk [August 18]
Blasphemous [August 24]
Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles [August 29]
Samba de Amigo: Party Central [August 29]
Sea of Stars [August 29]
Rune Factory 3 Special [September 5]
Fae Farm [September 8]
Super Bomberman R 2 [September 13]
Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster [September 14]
Mortal Kombat 1 [September 19]
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails [September 22]
Weird West [September 22]
Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos [September 26]
Mineko's Night Market [September 26]
My Time at Sandrock [September 26]
Fate/Samurai Remnant [September 28]
Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai [September 28]
Disgaea 7: Vows of the Virtueless [October 3]
Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 [October 19]
Persona 5 Tactica [November 17]
Biomutant [November 30]
DecaPolice [2023]
Disney Dreamlight Valley [2023]
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes [2023]
Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time [2023]
Fashion Dreamer [2023]
Hollow Knight Silksong [2023]
Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road [2023]
Megaton Musashi: Wired [2023]
Metal Slug Tactics [2023]
Outer Wilds [2023]
Pepper Grinder [2023]
The Plucky Squire [2023]
Risk of Rain Returns [2023]
R-Type Tactics I • II Cosmos [2023]
Sonic Superstars [2023]
SteamWorld Build [2023]
Suikoden I&II HD Remaster [2023]
Ys X: Nordics [2023]
Dragon Quest Monsters
Front Mission 2: Remake
The King of Fighters XIII: Global Match
Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition
Professor Layton and The New World of Steam
Dragon Quest III: The HD Seeds of 2D Salvation*
Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate*
Fatal Fury / Garou Returns*

I just hope NDCube learned from Mario Party Superstars so if they’re doing Mario Party 15 or whatever number we’re on it continues to be more like the old school Mario Party games.

I think there is room for both types of Mario Party games to exist. I want to see ND Cube try to experiment in future Mario Party games while at the same time, keeping the classic mini-games playable in HD form.

In my perfect world, We keep getting new Mario Party games like Super Mario Party while Superstars 2 is a thing with continuous updates to add more boards. I would easily pay for Superstars DLC at this point.

Nate forgetting the 3ds got Metal Gear Solid 3 on the podcast 😂 That's okay Nate I think Konami forgot too.

Last edited:
Haven’t listened but that’s an utterly bizarre take if true

Nintendo could’ve coasted on TOTK for a couple more months without even needing a direct if we’re being brutally honest

It would be cool that next 2D Mario game will feature all Mario cast, so it means Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Daisy, Wario, Rosalina and Waluigi as playable characters.

With an 8 player mode (?)

New artstyle (hopefully)

I know FE4 remake has been rumoured for a long time but to be shown tomorrow instead of September direct just makes me really excited if it becomes true.
Supposedly one of the games to be shown tomorrow is a remake of an SNES game. So that could be FE4, SMRPG, or any number of games.

It's an absolutely insane take which makes me think they both spend no time on social media following normies and don't look at sales charts. I think the gamer(tm) bubble both the media and players is often way too tunnel vision on their social media followers which are all mostly each other. If I used my social media feed as a basis for popularity then Trails and Atelier have had more impact then Minecraft and Fortnite.

Golden Sun reboot,
F-Zero Remake,
Eternal Darkness anything,
2.5D Donkey Kong,
MP4 trailer,
Star Fox anything
Nintendo Samurai game.

giphy.gif

I think it's just their bubble.
I am still seeing the game a lot online.
Some people may be done with it, but it's such big game, there's still still a lot of people that are still soemwhere in the middle(m included)

Like of course it was never going to have the legs of BotW, it's mostly a refinement of it with some new ideas.
It's the second game original game on the platform, but it stilla big thing.

I think there is room for both types of Mario Party games to exist. I want to see ND Cube try to experiment in future Mario Party games while at the same time, keeping the classic mini-games playable in HD form.

In my perfect world, We keep getting new Mario Party games like Super Mario Party while Superstars 2 is a thing with continuous updates to add more boards. I would easily pay for Superstars DLC at this point.
I would have paid for Superstar DLC before the game released. The Mario sports fans cry about getting free content and Mario Party fans can't even sniff new content.

You know, ever since I've gotten back from my trip, my sleep has been all sorts of messed up. I'm having trouble going to sleep early and I'm waking up really late, and the only way I've been able to get away with it is having no reason to be up early, what with work not starting up for me again until July and all. But now, I see Nintendo wants to help me fix my sleep cycle. Thanks, Nintendo!

Anyway, Mario announcement or bust, but I'm not going to believe a leaker that I've only heard of one day ago until I see concrete proof of the project in the Direct itself.

Maybe they're merging the land themes (especially from 2) with the mainline SMB games. More inventive worlds, like a bug world or moon. And that might be evident in the title:

SUPER MARIO BROS WONDERLAND

featuring Daisy in a non-party-sports role for the first time since SML?

edit: AND TAKAHASHI WAS PLAYING SML2 ON THE GAMEBOY WITH THE MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND DURING THE LAST DIRECT

imo the biggest flex would be having it in the middle of SGF but not be on geoff's site like every other event
Geoff would have still acknowledged it on Twitter and make it sound like it's part of SGF lol

Omg I can actually watch it live! I only have an afternoon half day tomorrow!!

Yeeeeeessssss! Finally!

A really bold and different 2D Mario could be a GOTY candidate if we’re being honest.

Let’s not forget Dread, it’s still possible for 2D games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom