• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for February 8th

Ahh I just searched the posts and it was Nate who said the collection exists last February
I'm guessing he was talking about the legitimacy of the site. The same retailer correctly leaked Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection, The Witcher 3 and Saints Row IV. I don't think he himself knew something.

It's been more than a year, obviously Batman was just a mistake.

I'm guessing he was talking about the legitimacy of the site. The same retailer correctly leaked Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection, The Witcher 3 and Saints Row IV. I don't think he himself knew something.

It's been more than a year, obviously Batman was just a mistake.

Possibly, or it was a game being made exclusively for the Switch 2/Pro? Mass Effect could be the same if the retailer mentioned that as well (just trying to wish this stuff into existence haha)

Only game I’m sure I’m buying day one is Zelda, but a lot of the other stuff does look neat. I’d say Pikmin 4, Rain Code and Fantasy Life are the most interesting after Zelda.

Why aren’t you playing Metroid Prime Remastered right now is what you should be asking yourself.
I am waiting for the physical version which doesn't come out till March 3rd in Europe. Can't even pre-order it anywhere in Germany right now smh.

oh that reminds me I gotta find that reddit user who always makes beautiful release timeline visuals
Woo they just posted it an hour ago!

9f7xsgrurdha1.png

Credit here! This user consistently delivers after every direct.

I never once doubted this Direct, and if anyone posts any evidence to the contrary I'm gonna call deepfake

I still can't believe Metroid Prime Remastered shadowdropped. In a HEADLINE. After an incredible previous announcement with GB/GBA. And it might be the most visually impressive game on the system.

Did anybody else have an out-of-body experience for that 5-minute segment from NSO through Metroid? Holy shit lmfao

I still can't believe Metroid Prime Remastered shadowdropped. In a HEADLINE. After an incredible previous announcement with GB/GBA. And it might be the most visually impressive game on the system.

Did anybody else have an out-of-body experience for that 5-minute segment from NSO through Metroid? Holy shit lmfao
Nintendo knows how to build the hype. it was very well executed.

May being almost empty is funny. I noticed Fuga 2 for 11 May, yeah I'm not sure how that will work out. Would have been epic to only have Zelda release that month (without a single digital release).

Anyway lots of games I'm interested in. I definitely will buy Pikmin, Octopath and Zelda until july and already playing Prime HD. Now there is a huge list of stuff I want to buy after these but I'll wait and see. I don't want to overbuy any games as I already have a good few games I want to properly play but didn't have time for yet. Advance Wars 1+2 is tempting but too expensive imo.

Been rewatching the Direct twice now, but with reactions. It was such an on fire presentation. Back half was loaded with megatons.

The only thing that sort of rained on the end a bit was that the TotK trailer contained the same music from the E3 2021 trailer during the back half. Was hoping to hear something new, since all of the trailer music so far has been incredible.

Been rewatching the Direct twice now, but with reactions. It was such an on fire presentation. Back half was loaded with megatons.

The only thing that sort of rained on the end a bit was that the TotK trailer contained the same music from the E3 2021 trailer during the back half. Was hoping to hear something new, since all of the trailer music so far has been incredible.
I was okay with them reusing that great music, but the way they transitioned into it was rather rushed and jarring imo. So that rained a little on me too.

Best Direct, hell, best showing from any platform holder in a while. The shadowdrop trifecta of GB, GBA, and Prime was so good. All three were instantly downloaded. My first time giving Prime a real shot.

Crossing fingers for a Wind Waker shadowdrop this year.

There were so many hits I keep forgetting the long rumoured Ghost Trick was also announced. That says a lot.

And Advance Wars dated. Goddamn. Switch is gonna have a beastly year.

Last edited:

It broke my brain. GB/GBA was huge and unexpected (at least in February). With Directs I'm happy if there's 1 or 2 things I can look forward to, and thrilled if one of those is something I can play later that day. Those are usually smaller, so I was happy with GB/GBA. I counted Metroid out and figured they'd close the show with Zelda and that would still be solid.

Then Takahashi snapped and the headline shows Metroid Prime Remastered. WHAT. "Drop Imminent". I lost my shit. Metroid always seems to be a wildcard and their other rules don't apply.

Woo they just posted it an hour ago!

9f7xsgrurdha1.png

Credit here! This user consistently delivers after every direct.

This reminds me of insane amount of games announced but not dated (list time!)

Bomberman R2
Outer Wilds
Maquette
Marvel's Midnight Suns
AEW Fight Forever
Trinity Trigger
Front Mission 2&3
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Evil Dead The Game
Suikoden 1&2
Infinity Strash Adventures of Dai
Fate Samurai Remnant
Another Crab's Treasure
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Endless Dungeon
Lara Croft games
Sam & Max Season 3
Steamworld Build
The Settlers New Allies
Railway Empire 2
Hellboy Web of Wyrd
El Shaddai Ascension of Metatron
Robocop Rogue City
Lord of the Rings Gollum

Last edited:
So do people think that Metroid Prime 4 will start getting consistent showings from the next Direct after Tears of the Kingdom's release onwards? Because that's kind of where I'm at with the shadow drop and us not knowing much about the post July lineup.

So do people think that Metroid Prime 4 will start getting consistent showings from the next Direct after Tears of the Kingdom's release onwards? Because that's kind of where I'm at with the shadow drop and us not knowing much about the post July lineup.
I think whenever the next General is, we see it for sure

Back
Top Bottom