• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News New Good-Feel game! Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru: Oracle Saitarou no Sainan!!

I've been playing this and got up to the point where
You get the Bunbuku/airship
which may have solved one of my points, that I thought the world map needed more going on.

So far I do like the game. As I stated in another thread though it's not amazingly good though. Someone stated above that moving around feels clunky, personally I don't find that to be the case. Just purchase the speed upgrade at the start of every level.

The combat doesn't feel good though, which especially makes the boss fights feel a bit bad. The performance also needs to keep being mentioned, because you're gonna have to get accustomed to it.

That all said I like the collect-a-thon ish nature and reading these trivia collectables is pretty fun lol. The visuals and designs are great too.

I don’t put too much stock into Famitsu reviews, more interested in reading y’all who pick it up’s opinions on it.
Same. Famitsu is the same magazine that still has Sticker Star as the highest rated Paper Mario and only scored Metroid Prime a 33 while giving Other M a 35. Mega Man X7 scored higher than MMX1, 3, 4, and 5.

So yeah, I've never really trusted their review scores lol

Famitsu scored Virtual Hydlide a whopping 27/40.

Virtual Hydlide.
VIRTUAL. HYDLIDE.

27 OUT OF 40.

I just finished up the game earlier today; it's pretty great. Movement is a little slow, but not too bad and you can solve it anyway by buying the Speed Candy at the start of each level. It's pretty cheap and lasts for the whole thing. Definitely glad I imported it.

I also finished this the other day. I 100%ed the game besides buying the Bunbuku upgrades because grinding for money seemed very boring.

So overall I don't think my thoughts have changed much from my last post lol. Good game but has flaws. Wasn't liking the combat at all and only fought if the game forced me to. I also thought it was kind of a missed opportunity that only one of the transformations, that being the one you immediately get, is the only one that is actually used in level design (it shrinks you and lets you enter small spaces), with the rest just being various ways to combat enemies. I didn't even use the Urashima Taro one even once after getting it and used the Kintaro one maaybe once or twice? The Momotarou one was the only one I used really.

The performance only gets worse from my last post and there are points where I was just like "ugh". Serious con here. One last very slight con is that there is nothing after finishing the game, as far as I can tell not even a mark on your save file that says you beat it.

BUT I would still recommend the game! The levels are still very fun to explore with many hidden collectables. The Bunbuku boss fights are really fun and are like highlights of the game for me. The story is overall pretty basic but, eh, I found some of the dialogue amusing, the baby princess made me laugh with how she talked. And you do get a lot of content for a platformer, just over 60 stages, with some being vehicle races or boss fights.

So I think I'd give the game a 7.5/10 but still overall recommend giving it a try if you can. I also tend to not be a platformer kinda guy so maybe others could get even more enjoyment out of it.

Mameda no Bakeru is getting a demo version on Thursday (January 11th), progress transfers to full version. Everyone who is interested in the game can try it.

via @Lite_Agent from Install Base Forum

Mameda no Bakeru is getting a demo version on Thursday (January 11th), progress transfers to full version. Everyone who is interested in the game can try it.

via @Lite_Agent from Install Base Forum

Don't forget that there's two methods to access the Japanese eShop :

• Either make a secondary account set in Japan (quickest way but then what you get isn't linked to your main account).
  • Change the region from your Nintendo Account to Japan and connect to the eShop. Download what you want then change your region back when the download is finished. VoilĂ , it is now tied to your main account.

This is how you get the Japanese NSO apps too btw.

Finally got my copy !
And yeah, I updated the game to the last patch but it didn't improve the performance at all, it's a massive stuttering mess in the first level.

Really hope they'll at least add a 30 FPS cap because it is clearly uncapped.

Sorry for bumpin' this thread again but a new patch has dropped, 1.2.0.

The framerate seems a little bit better (still far from perfect), it looks like the stuttering is reduced but still here, just much less annoying IMO.

Thanks to Perfectly Nintendo for the changelog :
  • Addition: Adds a new stage, CoroCoro Island.
    • This become accessible once you have reached a certain point in the game.
  • Addition: Adds a mysterious Tanuki Statue in the Bapuku Ship
    • This become accessible once you have reached a certain point in the game.
  • Fix: Adjusted the description of some Unchiku [more details in Japanese at the source link]
  • Fix: Fixed various other issues to improve the gameplay experience

I wish they would localize this for the west. Game looks so fun.
It is ! It looks very colorful, the game seems pretty easy (and I'm happy with that because I don't want to use my smartphone to -poorly- translate every text. I wish I could understand tho, especially the little poop collectables :p (Akira Toriyama would be so proud).

It is ! It looks very colorful, the game seems pretty easy (and I'm happy with that because I don't want to use my smartphone to -poorly- translate every text. I wish I could understand tho, especially the little poop collectables :p (Akira Toriyama would be so proud).

I preordered a copy from that Play Asia sale but it says it won't ship for at least another full month. I guess at least that gives me time to cancel if Nintendo announces a localized version is coming.

I am begging for a localization, please… If it doesn’t get announced next Direct, I’ll probably just cave and order a copy off PlayAsia…

I preordered a copy from that Play Asia sale but it says it won't ship for at least another full month. I guess at least that gives me time to cancel if Nintendo announces a localized version is coming.
Got mine after 1 month and a half, bought from Play-Asia too. The package got stuck in The Netherlands for an entire month. Yay.

Back
Top Bottom