• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Nate Drake hints about F zero in 2023.

GX has better graphics and music and is therefore the better game.
It does not have a metal remix of Rainbow Road and does not have a track editor (fun fact it's the same one that the devs used to make the tracks) and is therefore not the perfect game.

I find the claim that Nate's credibility is questionable to be interesting, especially considering that I haven't seen anyone even post the last time or any other specific incident where he was wrong. No insider is 100% correct on every minute detail, especially timing. It's like you see your mom baking a cake and you tell your friends, "Hey, the cake looks like this and it should be ready and good to go by the time the party starts/ends!!" But even if everything looked to be on track at the moment information was shared with the public, so many things could go wrong before the result one expects.

Maybe it was a different type of cake and it took longer than you were expecting (Metroid Prime 4). Or the power went out right towards the end, causing the power to go out (Advance Wars). Perhaps the cake was an entirely different baked good that was going to be put in the fridge overnight to cool for a neighbor next week (GB/GBC on NSO, discussed by Nate before the emulator leaks). Or hell, the temperature was too high and the cake got burnt to a crisp (project canceled). It could be the cake you thought you were getting wasn't a cake at all, but was really a next-generation cake that you got a way too early peek at (OLED vs Switch 2).

I'm personally having trouble remembering the last time Nate got something 100% wrong. He has gotten multiple Direct dates down to the day ahead of time. And that would really be all I would need to consider him worth paying attention to. I believe he also gave the "red and blue" hint for FE Engage and was talking about Silent Hill revival stuff long before this year. Or how about the time when despite a source like Bloomberg claiming that the 4k Switch was "imminent" and coming this year, Nate said that the 4k product he heard about was nowhere close to ready to release later that year. It's fair to say "I doubt it", but I feel it would be fair to say specifically why.

Insider info games are like a big telephone game nowadays, so it's not hard for wrong conclusions to be taken from a specific source (especially when taking in account language barriers).

Plus, sources can sometimes go in circles. And there's always the fear of legal repercussions, so misinformation can always happen as well.

i.e., always take everything with a grain of salt, because it's easy for things to go wrong.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom