• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Monster Hunter Wilds announced for 2025, coming to consoles and PC

I don't want a bigger scale though, or more monsters. I'd rather just have better visuals.
doesn't matter what you want, its the devs choice.

and MHW, besides some textures, looks phenomenal. So I really, still, don't see where you're coming from complaining about the visuals.

so i stand by my point

So I've been replaying some MH4U with a friend since they got hyped from seeing Wilds trailer and that made them pick up 4U again

ngl got emotional lol. got so many good memories. Capcom's never topping 4U and that's ok

me and my fellow LS users

c7a8a827edf0980f88ab18ee8fe21a67661dc8ff.gif
I don't need to kill you. I'll just ask that you give up a slot to Shock Absorber. You don't flinch from me while you're doing your best Vergil impersonation, and I also don't flinch from you while I've basically turned this game into Royal Guard with my Lance. Win-win!

So I've been replaying some MH4U with a friend since they got hyped from seeing Wilds trailer and that made them pick up 4U again

ngl got emotional lol. got so many good memories. Capcom's never topping 4U and that's ok
Depending on my mood, I can go with either 4U or GU as my all-time favorite entry. They're both such excellent games. 4U especially shines for being the first game they really tried to tell a half-way decent story, and basically was a few points shy of being a full on rpg with a "party" that you travelled the world with.

I don't know what it'll take for MH to truly "surpass" either game, but who knows? I'll stay optimistic, for Wilds' sake!

But speaking of 4U...

After being told that there was no connection, it seems a number of the earlier guesses were right. Miss Thang grew up~!

EDIT: Or maybe not, after all?

Last edited:
I saw some posts on other sites talk about how this game wouldn't be able to run on Switch 2 with the rumored specs due to the object density and weather complexity. Is there some validity to this or is this just some weird console war gate keeping trying to keep the game off Nintendo like MHW was?

I saw some posts on other sites talk about how this game wouldn't be able to run on Switch 2 with the rumored specs due to the object density and weather complexity. Is there some validity to this or is this just some weird console war gate keeping trying to keep the game off Nintendo like MHW was?
It's gatekeeping. Lot of assets on screen only implies something, but it's never certain and can easily be something else.

how this game wouldn't be able to run on Switch 2 with the rumored specs due to the object density and weather complexity
No one can possibly know the answer to this, and Wilds will probably be scalable anyway.

RE: tips for solo play
I'd say, take your time learning about your weapon, your wirebug skills and your Palamute. Look into doing the Expedition Tours for that. Make sure to get the stuff from the Supply Box every time you start a quest. Also eat dango! I learned about that mechanic embarrassingly late.

If anyone is gonna be playing MHW again specifically on Xbox, feel free to add me there with AntonHtz and we can play together. I'll be going through the whole game again with a fresh character.

Trying to decide if Wilds can run on a hypothetical Switch 2 based on a single, 90-second announcement trailer is a wild thing to do. Guess that's at least appropriate in terms of nomenclature.

I imagine Capcom made this game extremely scalable since they are also dabbling in iPhone ports for their AAA games. Imagine how much of a sales success this game would be if they had cross progression and cross play on all platforms. The amount of double dipping would be crazy.

So many people would buy a PS5/XSX version along with a Switch 2 / IPhone Pro version to have it on the go. The idea just makes so much sense that it'll never happen.

My pipedream wish is that Switch 2 gets announced early March, and that at the MH Anniversary celebration mid-March Capcom reveals either Wilds and/or a 3DS game is getting a remake on the Switch 2 ( yes this is delusional)

Last edited:

I'm feeling a heavy mixed bag on this one: it looks ambitious and interesting, and I love all the MH4U references in this trailer alone (my favourite MH game). At the same time the environments look a little weird, and the monsters seem to be favouring that de-saturated realistic World style which I don't like much.

New information means it's an apt to bring this topic back up. Y'all can continue debating its possible fate concerning a port to the Switch's successor in the other topic!

English version:

Japanese version:

The following cites from Joseph Bustos (MH Community manager)'s write up over at PS Blog.

Every locale, monster, and person acts with their own thoughts and motivations, combining dynamically to bring an immersive and constantly changing Monster Hunter ecosystem to life.

53758666533_95c59a44b6_h.jpg

53758666483_59cda9c6a6_h.jpg

...When you encounter a large monster while out exploring a locale, you’ll be able to begin that quest seamlessly, allowing for deeper immersion. Your hunter will also engage other characters in fully voiced conversations, deepening your connection with the many people you’ll meet along the way.

In Monster Hunter Wilds, environments will change drastically. Monsters and organisms will change and adapt according to changes in the environment, resulting in a world that feels truly alive.

53758797099_861c0b547e_h.jpg

Doshaguma
Fanged Beast
A monster with a tough, strong-looking build. Doshaguma are highly territorial, have a wide habitat range, and can be very aggressive. Large packs of this monster have sometimes been spotted.

53758462156_33c26b6db7_h.jpg

Chatacabra
Amphibian
This amphibian species uses adhesive saliva to attach ore and other substances to its forelegs to strengthen itself.

53758666258_2050534870_h.jpg

Say hello to your trusty new mount—the Seikret! These small but nimble monsters are ridden by hunters and other members of the Research Commission. Using their strong sense of smell, they can automatically take you to destinations that you specify on your map. You’ll be able to use certain items and even your slinger while on the move, allowing you to recover your health, sharpen your weapon, or even gather materials all from the safety of your Seikret. In addition to acting as a rideable mount, the Seikret enables hunters to access and switch to a secondary weapon without returning to base! Use this brand-new ability to adapt quickly to the ever-changing hunts in Monster Hunter Wilds.

53758666138_d79d335217_h.jpg

The 14 iconic weapon types make their return in Monster Hunter Wilds. Choose from the Great Sword, Long Sword, Sword & Shield, Dual Blades, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, and Bow.

While series veterans should find themselves right at home, there’s plenty of new actions for each weapon type that will take your hunt to the next level. We shared a small look at a few of these for the Great Sword and Heavy Bowgun, and we look forward to sharing more information on all the new actions in the future!

Focus Mode

In Focus Mode, hunters will have more precise control over how they guard, aim, and attack in order to target a monster’s weak points for big damage. Focus Mode makes it easier to adjust your distance to the monster and aim your attacks, making the distinctive Monster Hunter hunting action more accessible to a wider variety of players.

Some weapons will also feature distinctive moves that can only be used in this mode.

53758461896_74623be697_h.jpg

A new version of the slinger has been added to the hunter’s standard equipment in Monster Hunter Wilds. Use it to collect items from a distance, even while on the back of a Seikret. Some contextual actions using the slinger can also be activated from a distance.

We can’t wait for you to see how all of these systems come together to make for a truly evolved hunting experience that retains the depth the series is known for, while providing new and exciting ways to hunt.

For more on the story and characters that are introduced into the mix this time, you can feel free to click on the link at the top. But keen eyed fans have taken notice of where it seems that some of us veterans might have encountered these characters before...

And finally...what do I think? Overall, it very much fits into my expectations for another MH game directed by Yuya Tokuda. Tokuda always seemed to prefer the more "realistic" vibes of the first few generations' games and a focus on a lived-in, vibrant ecosystem. It also looks very much that he and the crew want to continue where MH4 left off with trying to weave a yarn to go along with all the slaying of fantastical beasties we'll be doing, including more (possible) callbacks to that favored game.

Perhaps between this generation of Tokuda-directed MH, along with the Stories sub-series (both of which overseen by series' head honcho Ryozo Tsujimoto), there may be an actual, concerted effort to make the Monster Hunter "world" a bit more compelling with these efforts to tell a story within the games. Or if nothing else, if Capcom is going to keep this Kaiju fighting sim moneymaker going strong, might as well add a bit more spice!

At least the cats actually speak in full sentences in both series, now! LOL

Looking forward to seeing more and how it all comes together.

Is it fair to say now that it probably isn’t open world? The use of the term locales in the PS blog gives me hope they’ll keep the old style.

I'm not feeling most of this, but I just need to know if I can skip the goddamn cutscenes and if playing the story with multiplayer is actually functional

Yeah, this certainly looks like a successor to World, which, to be fair, is more than expected. Still a bit disillusioning to me, as it looks just about as slow as World in this trailer, with a more heavy focus on the hunting simulation part again. Itsuno, save me.

Also: wtf, a talking Palico?

I had really hoped for a new weapon type this time around... Oh well. I'm not sold on the games artstyle yet but I know I will play it anyway. I am whelmed so far.

My first watch didn't really grab me as much. After checking it a few times more it warmed up to me. I am more interested in the gameplay implications. Characters look great and some of the moves we saw (Great Sword) were really cool. Looking forward to more trailers and information about the weapons.

Also Capcom: Give this Cross Play/Save :(.

Yeah still not a fan of that whole cinematic bloat to pander to the west. But was expected from a title that is the successor to World. I am one of the fans that started with 3 and liked the slower gameplay but also the Japanese quirkiness that World didn't have anymore. I at least hope that this game has better monster, weapon and armor designs, because World was really really bad on that parts. Iceborne fixed a bit but the focus on elder dragons was such a borefest. Rise fixed many things of the bad stuff from World but the gameplay was too fast paced for me, even though I liked it for what it was. Oh and both World and Rise are easy games so never understood the crowd that thought Rise is more easier than World. But maybe that were just the players that played World as their first Monster Hunter and if you got good at one, the next one will of course be a lot easier from the beginning.

Really love the Seikret though, haha. Cute little critter!
I had to look up the German name for this one because the Japanese (Sekureto) and English one just sound like the German word "Sekret" which is secretion in English. So I am happy they changed it for German and it is called Saikrii here, haha

Yeah still not a fan of that whole cinematic bloat to pander to the west. But was expected from a title that is the successor to World. I am one of the fans that started with 3 and liked the slower gameplay but also the Japanese quirkiness that World didn't have anymore. I at least hope that this game has better monster, weapon and armor designs, because World was really really bad on that parts. Iceborne fixed a bit but the focus on elder dragons was such a borefest. Rise fixed many things of the bad stuff from World but the gameplay was too fast paced for me, even though I liked it for what it was. Oh and both World and Rise are easy games so never understood the crowd that thought Rise is more easier than World. But maybe that were just the players that played World as their first Monster Hunter and if you got good at one, the next one will of course be a lot easier from the beginning.
I think this is a big part of some veteran players thinking MH gets way easier. It’s true that there’s more QoL elements and Rise is much friendlier to players that can’t get online for a session as you can take a full party of support characters (which is still way weaker than an online party of PC hunters). But it’s also a series where people play the games for hundreds of hours and literally learn the tells and behaviour of monsters that reappear all the time. Of course someone with a thousand hours of MonHun behind them is gonna play Rise and go ‘eh the dragons went down easy’. At that point, all the variant quests in Sunbreak etc exist to keep such players happy, not the village quests whose job is get new players into the series, something MH hasn’t always been great at.

Last edited:
I think this is a big part of some veteran players thinking MH gets way easier. It’s true that there’s more QoL elements and Rise is much friendlier to players that can’t get online for a session as you can take a full party of support characters. But it’s also a series where people play the games for hundreds of hours and literally learn the tells and behaviour of monsters that reappear all the time. Of course someone with a thousand hours of MonHun behind them is gonna play Rise and go ‘eh the dragons went down easy’. At that point, all the variant quests in Sunbreak etc exist to keep such players happy, not the village quests whose job is get new players into the series, something MH hasn’t always been great at.
Yeah, as a "veteran" player I rushed through base World alone with no problem. Same with Rise. If you played at least one MH game before from start to finish, the new base game will never be really a challenge anymore.

I had to look up the German name for this one because the Japanese (Sekureto) and English one just sound like the German word "Sekret" which is secretion in English. So I am happy they changed it for German and it is called Saikrii here, haha
Saikrii? Like Sei-kri-ie or Sa-i-kri-ie? Haven't seen a German trailer yet. (Find's aber nicht schlecht, hah!)

DMC lookin-ass characters

The rideable turkey looks good

This first environment sucks though. Brown and gold everywhere, and what color is there is filtered as hell

Looks different but I'm not opposed to what I'm seeing, character designs are typical RE Engine fare.

Somewhat concerned by the lack of any hitstop on some of those moves, but I guess it's early. Some weapons in Rise just didn't feel right because there's no impact, hope they tweak that to be more like World. (could just be a hitzone thing too)

Last edited:
Not that I don't like the proper voices for either humans or Palicoes, but I wonder if there'll be options to switch to the MH language (as with previous games) and cat noises for the Palicoes.

Not that I don't like the proper voices for either humans or Palicoes, but I wonder if there'll be options to switch to the MH language (as with previous games) and cat noises for the Palicoes.
If this is possible, it will be the first thing I'm doing in the audio options (even before reversing the y - axis, lol). For me, MH language only, cutscenes and ingame.

Again, after the Stories games and anime had the cats talking properly since 2016, I presumed it was only a matter of time before the mainline games got with it!
Stories was different enough in my eyes that I didn’t view the inclusion there as a sign for the main series. Never bothered with the Anime, personally. To me it sounds weird, tbh, at least in this trailer / particular scene. I liked the Palicos’ weird mumbling.

I don't think I'm understanding the hate the trailer is getting.

Could it have been a better trailer, sure, but I got good vibes from it.
At worst, I can agree with the likes of Gaijinhunter in that the trailer seems a) a bit rushed and b) doesn't exactly tell us much. When the write-ups from the community manager and such tell us more about what's going on than the trailer with actual gameplay segments does? Your trailer didn't do its job.

I can even agree with his idea that Sony begged Capcom to let them have SOMETHING to show at their SoP, while the trailer/showcase with substance (and likely our first look at our new flagship) will be next week.

I'm not feeling most of this, but I just need to know if I can skip the goddamn cutscenes and if playing the story with multiplayer is actually functional
That was by far the most common criticism I saw of World, I’d be baffled if it wasn’t fixed. Rise already fixed this, but that was because that game barely had a story.

Back
Top Bottom