• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Monster Hunter Wilds announced for 2025, coming to consoles and PC

How much did you guys like World? I wasn't its biggest fan (8/10 game for me) but really loved Iceborne.
World itself while a great step wasn't as great without Iceborn, which made the game fantastisc. World probably would be a 7.5/8, Iceborn a 9.5. Rise hit me way better the first time and was an 8.5 for and Sunbreak was more towards a 9.8 for me. Pretty much perfect.

Gliding palamute is cool- by the end of Rise I was barely using mine as the wirebug wasn’t much slower and offered all the extra cool item pickups across the verticality of the maps.

Trailer looks fun! A long way off and it’s not like we haven’t seen stampeding, fleeing monsters in MH cinematics before, but the agility of the new mount is what I’m taking from it.

everyone worried about graphics, I think it was pretty good in terms of scope: for a game like MH it's good to see such openess in its structure
I wonder if the Switch 2 game will instead be more "focused" and less free

Don't understand the graphics discourse online. It looks good.

And i'd rather have them improve in other areas than mostly graphics, because for a game like MonHun where you gotta roam around the areas for resources, even more visual clutter would be bad. For me, it was already too much in World.

So, wishlist from me for you Capcom: Cross-play, Switch 2 version launching day one with the others, Cross-play, Cross-save. Did i already mention cross-play? No? Then here, CROSS-PLAY!

How much did you guys like World? I wasn't its biggest fan (8/10 game for me) but really loved Iceborne.
Not very much. Played through base world and only started iceborne. My first MH was 3 and I didn‘t like the direction of World. Mostly boring weapon, armor and monster designs. The late game was only elder dragons (elder dragons get boring after fighting them for the ~5th time). It was less goofy and really pandered to the cinematic and graphics first crowd. Also I think it is funny when people that have World as their favorite say that Rise is easy. Guess where it startet? At World to have more people play it

I think it looks fine if a bit desaturated.

Been itching for some MH lately, been thinking of going back and properly finishing World + Iceborne, or maybe double dipping Rise on PS5.

Wait, no futher/new info on this until SUMMER 2024? Why announce it now then?

Did Geoff give you money to announce it this early then or what?

Wait, no futher/new info on this until SUMMER 2024? Why announce it now then?

Did Geoff give you money to announce it this early then or what?
It's just 6 or 7 months away. It's dumb yeah, but most AAA games announcements operate like that.

Capcom announced Dragon's Dogma 2 on June 2022. The first real trailer for the game released on May 2023, almost a full year after. (The announcement was for the anniversary of the first game, but still)

I thought it looked great. The world scale and number of monsters was impressive. I suppose it’s not necessarily what people come to MH for but I really dig what I’m seeing.

I saw something and I feel like I still don't know anything 😅 good to see that the mounts are back?

Mounts looked improved and evolved in terms of traversal and mechanics, and there are like a ton of monsters roaming around. imagining an open map adventure with vast areas to explore in a less linear way it's not a stretch, imo. looked good, can't wait to hear more.

Not very much. Played through base world and only started iceborne. My first MH was 3 and I didn‘t like the direction of World. Mostly boring weapon, armor and monster designs. The late game was only elder dragons (elder dragons get boring after fighting them for the ~5th time). It was less goofy and really pandered to the cinematic and graphics first crowd. Also I think it is funny when people that have World as their favorite say that Rise is easy. Guess where it startet? At World to have more people play it

World has challenge at many points even in the main story quests barring some being beyond stupid like Zorah. Rise has nothing in the main story or base post game is that awful rampage mode that they gave up on for the expansion thankfully. Base Rise literally shipped incomplete as well to hit that stupid FY deadline with no HR banking either. I think people forgot how barebones Rise was until May that year. Sunbreak rectified everything thankfully. I was losing faith in that team with how poorly Rise was handled until Sunbreak.

Aside from the weather effects and monster density this looks like the most bare minimal step up from World, and with a 2025 date it couldn't be more transparent that this is targeting Switch 2. That all being said, despite being a fairly underwhelming showing, the trailer ironically addressed my main problem with World in that the amount of visual fluff in that game (particle effects, foliage, confusing map designs, etc.) was overkill and distracting me from my player experience. There'll probably be more complex maps shown later but for now I'll relish not having to look at over-designed maps that makes tracking monsters a chore.

Looks a bit weird in some places but it's still early. The weather effects are already looking great.

Man, I wish I could get into MH. It's looks so much like something I would love, but I just don't understand how I'm supposed to play it and the games do a terrible job in explaining.

I made the joke on Twitter that this is Monster Hunter taking cues from Zelda, but only now did I realize they’re using the world Wild in the title lmao

World has challenge at many points even in the main story quests barring some being beyond stupid like Zorah. Rise has nothing in the main story or base post game is that awful rampage mode that they gave up on for the expansion thankfully. Base Rise literally shipped incomplete as well to hit that stupid FY deadline with no HR banking either. I think people forgot how barebones Rise was until May that year. Sunbreak rectified everything thankfully. I was losing faith in that team with how poorly Rise was handled until Sunbreak.
Not my experience. I didn‘t have a challenge on both base games. The easier movement that already started with World, just removed all the base game challenge

Not my experience. I didn‘t have a challenge on both base games. The easier movement that already started with World, just removed all the base game challenge
What easier movement in world barring being able to move while using items compared to prior games and maybe some mantles? Rise literally lets you sharpen on a palamute removing that barrier completely, wirefall out of most attacks, and wirebug to safety out of an arena in almost every encounter making farcasters almost worthless. The balancing for village quests in rise is way easier than all prior games.

World is easy unless it's your first Monster Hunter, so it's on a strange scale of difficulty. Great for newcomers, for older players like me it was pretty cruisy (I also hated how they handled story quests/multiplayer quests and was glad Rise fixed it).

Speaking of Rise, Followers are my #1 most wanted mechanic from those games. If this game is more nomadic I'd love a regular group of roaming NPCs you could befriend and team up

What easier movement in world barring being able to move while using items compared to prior games and maybe some mantles? Rise literally lets you sharpen on a palamute removing that barrier completely, wirefall out of most attacks, and wirebug to safety out of an arena in almost every encounter making farcasters almost worthless. The balancing for village quests in rise is way easier than all prior games.
First I never said that I think Rise is a more difficult game. Seems to me that you think I am saying that which I don‘t.
I said that with World MH started to get much easier compared to the older games.
Not only you can use items while moving, the whole moving and attacking got faster starting with World compared to the older games. Just play Generations or older games and you will see what I mean

They are going for scope and big worlds (with a lot of NPCs). Maybe even open world. The graphics aren’t going to look as good as in segmented-world or hallway games. It’s just a fact.

Last edited:
World is easy unless it's your first Monster Hunter, so it's on a strange scale of difficulty. Great for newcomers, for older players like me it was pretty cruisy (I also hated how they handled story quests/multiplayer quests and was glad Rise fixed it).

Speaking of Rise, Followers are my #1 most wanted mechanic from those games. If this game is more nomadic I'd love a regular group of roaming NPCs you could befriend and team up
Exactly my problem with World. Add the whole boring weapon, armor and monster designs (IMO) and toning down the goofiness so it can be more cinematic, made World my least liked MH. Rise at least fixed the design issues. I have no problem if the wire bugs gets removed again because I prefer the slower fighting of the pre World games

First I never said that I think Rise is a more difficult game. Seems to me that you think I am saying that which I don‘t.
I said that with World MH started to get much easier compared to the older games.
Not only you can use items while moving, the whole moving and attacking got faster starting with World compared to the older games. Just play Generations or older games and you will see what I mean

I've played thousands of hours between MH4U, MHG, and MHGU. I've not played 3U too much though so I cannot comment on that game. There's a big difference between those games with balance and world and later. So yes, world made the series more accessible, but rise removed any interesting balance to make it too easy. Again, Sunbreak fixed the issues so Capcom was paying attention and I'm glad they made the game fun again.

I've played thousands of hours between MH4U, MHG, and MHGU. I've not played 3U too much though so I cannot comment on that game. There's a big difference between those games with balance and world and later. So yes, world made the series more accessible, but rise removed any interesting balance to make it too easy. Again, Sunbreak fixed the issues so Capcom was paying attention and I'm glad they made the game fun again.
For me already World was the one that was too easy. Of course Rise is easy too, at least the base game, but Rise has a much better monster variety compared to World. For me both base and G Rise were better than World in that department. World hat too much Wyvern types to my liking or the non Wyvern types like Anjanath, the Ludroth Clone or the fish (forgot its name) were just boring designs overall.

For me already World was the one that was too easy. Of course Rise is easy too, at least the base game, but Rise has a much better monster variety compared to World. For me both base and G Rise were better than World in that department. World hat too much Wyvern types to my liking or the non Wyvern types like Anjanath, the Ludroth Clone or the fish (forgot its name) were just boring designs overall.
That's fine. Those are different issues. I'm talking specifically about difficulty and balance here.

I have many complaints with every MH game I play.

That's fine. Those are different issues. I'm talking specifically about difficulty and balance here.

I have many complaints with every MH game I play.
Yeah just to clarify, the combination of the other things that I posted earlier makes World my least liked MH. Of course there are some things from World that I like, like a few monster designs (Pukei Pukei, Bazelgeuse, the vulcan frog thing) or new attacks for sword and shield (my main weapon). But overall there are too many negatives in World for me, which some of them got corrected with Rise. Thats why I prefer Rise to World.

day-one-danielle-leigh-curiel.gif

Monster Hunter World is an insult to a series of great games and I will not tolerate it. There are only two sides to this whole debate, and believe me, the World fans are not on the right side here. Death to Monster Hunter World, death to Monster Hunter Wilds!

Other than if it releases on Switch 2 indeed. Then it's my new favourite game already.

Seriously, though, I need these games on handhelds. Here's hoping that, if there won't be a Switch 2 version down the line, it'll at least have a very decent PC version, so that we may play it on some kind of handheld PC as an alternative.

You know it had to be REAL to get ol aevanko out of hiding!

As the vet, he of course picked up on things better than I and some others missed, which makes it a good watch.

For example: It looks like the Slinger is back. After getting spoiled by Rise ditching it, it may take me a bit to get used to its presence again. Scoutflies look to return, too.

Perhaps the time away will make them both better. But to say the least, those are things I'm not 100% jazzed for right this moment.

But in other, more positive news, like others, it definitely looks like there's a light bow gun in the bag on the bird. After Sunbreak introduced the scroll switch system, I wondered if just being able to switch between weapons in the field was next up on the list. That could be great for more reasons than one! Not only because it may be great to have more options in case larger biomes means even more reasons for the likes of Rathalos to do his "world tour". Nut perhaps this might be a good way to introduce a bit more limits. Instead of being able to fly back to a camp any time, it may be just limited to whatever you and your packmule's inventories contained, and you have to make sure you're adequately stocked before you set out.

As a guy who agreed with the idea that Gen 5 stripped away too much of how you actually had to prepare for a hunt, thanks to being able to warp back to base any time you wished, I'd be more than fine with this idea.

0y1PQph.png

Insert I will be there no matter what meme image, doubt they could mess this one up for me, MH is my crack.

God, as someone who's been dreaming about a next gen Monster Hunter, this is so disappointing lol.
Visually it looks terrible.
Try watching the video in 4K (even if you don't have a 4K monitor), for some reason the trailer is at an oddly low bitrate and makes everything look like a smudge at lower resolutions. I thought it looked lackluster too the first time I watched it because of that, but if Switch 2 games end up looking like how this is intended to look then I am more than excited. This looks like a standard 9th gen game to me.

(I'm not a Monster Hunter fan and haven't played any of the games so maybe I'm missing context and this looks disappointing in comparison to previous games)

Going off the ones I've played
tri- - 9
3U - 10
MHW - 8
Iceborne - 9
Rise - 7
Sunbreak - 9

Rise is the only game to let me down a bit, but Sunbreak fixed that right up.

i'm even debating on picking up World again on PC...just don't know if I wanna do everything again.

Try watching the video in 4K (even if you don't have a 4K monitor), for some reason the trailer is at an oddly low bitrate and makes everything look like a smudge at lower resolutions. I thought it looked lackluster too the first time I watched it because of that, but if Switch 2 games end up looking like how this is intended to look then I am more than excited. This looks like a standard 9th gen game to me.

(I'm not a Monster Hunter fan and haven't played any of the games so maybe I'm missing context and this looks disappointing in comparison to previous games)
I still think it looks lackluster, especially in comparison to Dragon's Dogma 2. but I chalk this up to being early footage

For me:
Rise/Sunbreak: Considerably better roster, better maps (Ancient Forest is ass and whoever put those ceiling rocks in Nergigante's nest is a demonic entity), cooler looking weapons and more interesting equipment (though went a bit too far near the end).

World/Iceborne: Better gamefeel, better combat, way better music. Has better visuals obviously but that's not really something I care for too much since I still play 4U pretty often. Better multiplayer too.

Prefer World (as you can probably guess from my hours, lol) but ultimately both great games, hope Wilds takes good things from both, pretty confident it comes out on Drake anyways.

Give us full crossplay too, Capcom.

Last edited:
2025 is going to be a crazy year with this and GTA6 holding it down worldwide. Be funny if Switch 2 also gets both in the same year!

Back
Top Bottom