• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Monster Hunter Wilds announced for 2025, coming to consoles and PC

I don't want a bigger scale though, or more monsters. I'd rather just have better visuals.
doesn't matter what you want, its the devs choice.

and MHW, besides some textures, looks phenomenal. So I really, still, don't see where you're coming from complaining about the visuals.

so i stand by my point

So I've been replaying some MH4U with a friend since they got hyped from seeing Wilds trailer and that made them pick up 4U again

ngl got emotional lol. got so many good memories. Capcom's never topping 4U and that's ok

me and my fellow LS users

c7a8a827edf0980f88ab18ee8fe21a67661dc8ff.gif
I don't need to kill you. I'll just ask that you give up a slot to Shock Absorber. You don't flinch from me while you're doing your best Vergil impersonation, and I also don't flinch from you while I've basically turned this game into Royal Guard with my Lance. Win-win!

So I've been replaying some MH4U with a friend since they got hyped from seeing Wilds trailer and that made them pick up 4U again

ngl got emotional lol. got so many good memories. Capcom's never topping 4U and that's ok
Depending on my mood, I can go with either 4U or GU as my all-time favorite entry. They're both such excellent games. 4U especially shines for being the first game they really tried to tell a half-way decent story, and basically was a few points shy of being a full on rpg with a "party" that you travelled the world with.

I don't know what it'll take for MH to truly "surpass" either game, but who knows? I'll stay optimistic, for Wilds' sake!

But speaking of 4U...

After being told that there was no connection, it seems a number of the earlier guesses were right. Miss Thang grew up~!

EDIT: Or maybe not, after all?

Last edited:
I saw some posts on other sites talk about how this game wouldn't be able to run on Switch 2 with the rumored specs due to the object density and weather complexity. Is there some validity to this or is this just some weird console war gate keeping trying to keep the game off Nintendo like MHW was?

I saw some posts on other sites talk about how this game wouldn't be able to run on Switch 2 with the rumored specs due to the object density and weather complexity. Is there some validity to this or is this just some weird console war gate keeping trying to keep the game off Nintendo like MHW was?
It's gatekeeping. Lot of assets on screen only implies something, but it's never certain and can easily be something else.

how this game wouldn't be able to run on Switch 2 with the rumored specs due to the object density and weather complexity
No one can possibly know the answer to this, and Wilds will probably be scalable anyway.

RE: tips for solo play
I'd say, take your time learning about your weapon, your wirebug skills and your Palamute. Look into doing the Expedition Tours for that. Make sure to get the stuff from the Supply Box every time you start a quest. Also eat dango! I learned about that mechanic embarrassingly late.

If anyone is gonna be playing MHW again specifically on Xbox, feel free to add me there with AntonHtz and we can play together. I'll be going through the whole game again with a fresh character.

Trying to decide if Wilds can run on a hypothetical Switch 2 based on a single, 90-second announcement trailer is a wild thing to do. Guess that's at least appropriate in terms of nomenclature.

I imagine Capcom made this game extremely scalable since they are also dabbling in iPhone ports for their AAA games. Imagine how much of a sales success this game would be if they had cross progression and cross play on all platforms. The amount of double dipping would be crazy.

So many people would buy a PS5/XSX version along with a Switch 2 / IPhone Pro version to have it on the go. The idea just makes so much sense that it'll never happen.

My pipedream wish is that Switch 2 gets announced early March, and that at the MH Anniversary celebration mid-March Capcom reveals either Wilds and/or a 3DS game is getting a remake on the Switch 2 ( yes this is delusional)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom