• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Microsoft Xbox Discussion |ST|

I do the majority of my gaming in the basement at my computer desk, and use remote play for my consoles. Since remote play on Xbox is such butts, I’m considering moving my XSS downstairs and hooking it up to my monitor. Only issue with that is the monitor doesn’t have speakers. I’ve got a set of bluetooth speakers that I use for my computer though. Is there a way to get sound from the Xbox out of those bluetooth speakers?

Do the speakers have Aux input? Is so, then something like this would work.

I recently bought a PS5 (for the exclusives), and wow, the system software is amazingly awful compared with the Xbox Series X|S (and even the Switch). XMB was okay on PSP/PS3, but it's gotten much worse as Sony keeps pushing social/live features and ads while relegating core features to the back burner. And of course the lack of Quick Resume sucks.

I do the majority of my gaming in the basement at my computer desk, and use remote play for my consoles. Since remote play on Xbox is such butts, I’m considering moving my XSS downstairs and hooking it up to my monitor. Only issue with that is the monitor doesn’t have speakers. I’ve got a set of bluetooth speakers that I use for my computer though. Is there a way to get sound from the Xbox out of those bluetooth speakers?

Not through Bluetooth, no. Does your monitor not have a 3.5mm audio out jack? If not, you could use the splitter recommended above or simply plug the speakers (or headphones) into the Xbox gamepad.

I recently bought a PS5 (for the exclusives), and wow, the system software is amazingly awful compared with the Xbox Series X|S (and even the Switch). XMB was okay on PSP/PS3, but it's gotten much worse as Sony keeps pushing social/live features and ads while relegating core features to the back burner. And of course the lack of Quick Resume sucks.

Not through Bluetooth, no. Does your monitor not have a 3.5mm audio out jack? If not, you could use the splitter recommended above or simply plug the speakers (or headphones) into the Xbox gamepad.
My monitor does have an AUX port, I just looked. And also, I’m just now learning for the first time that the Xbox controller also has one! I guess either one of those would take care of it.

Thanks folks!

Even though I have a Series S, these sale prices for the Series X make it awfully temping to grab one just so I can start building a game collection for that, heh.

Seriously Microsoft should bring those prices to México. I love my S but I want a X too, specially because I don't want update my PS5 to the Pro.

Nate talked about Indians Jones maybe being first person, but I’m very curious about all these hiring ads Machine Games has put out (which all say “our next AAA game”) that are hiring for a competitive and co op FPS.

Nate talked about Indians Jones maybe being first person, but I’m very curious about all these hiring ads Machine Games has put out (which all say “our next AAA game”) that are hiring for a competitive and co op FPS.
nate also talked about an xbox GOTY game coming to a competitor platform(likely the switch) and the some people are not taking it well

Microsoft never using the "Minecraft 2 and it's exclusive to Xbox for two years" card is ultra confusing.

They've lost over $2B selling the Xbox Series SX hardware at a loss, but seem totally unwilling to make even timed console exclusives.

They were selling the Series X for probably a $250 per console loss in December, managed to set consumer expectations for around $350 for the Series X... And then just randomly raised the price back to $500, probably sabotaging the Series X for the rest of the year.

None of this really makes any sense. Just totally disjointed.

So Fami Xbox owners, I'm looking for the system update that should fix the Baldur's Gate 3 issues. However, whenever I check System Updates, I'm met with "no update available".

I'm downloading an 18GB patch for Baldur's Gate 3 ahead of hopefully starting the game tomorrow, but I don't want to start without the new firmware update for Xbox. Am I doing something wrong, or is the update just not available for all users? Microsoft's press release made it sound like I can choose to update early, but that doesn't appear to be possible for me.

Last update was January 16th - this might include the BG3 fix? I didn't manually choose to update and currently my Xbox won't load the update details.

Quoted by: em
So Fami Xbox owners, I'm looking for the system update that should fix the Baldur's Gate 3 issues. However, whenever I check System Updates, I'm met with "no update available".

I'm downloading an 18GB patch for Baldur's Gate 3 ahead of hopefully starting the game tomorrow, but I don't want to start without the new firmware update for Xbox. Am I doing something wrong, or is the update just not available for all users? Microsoft's press release made it sound like I can choose to update early, but that doesn't appear to be possible for me.

Last update was January 16th - this might include the BG3 fix? I didn't manually choose to update and currently my Xbox won't load the update details.
The update from the 16th is the one with the fix. People are still reporting save game issues on Reddit, although different now. I'm going to give it another couple of weeks.

Update: I played a lot of BG3 on my Series S in February and had no issues with missing saves.

Last edited:
So, were those rumors of a new controller with quiet buttons (might have been in those. Same rumors about a Series X redesign) launching this spring actually a thing? Or debunked? That’s my number one complaint about my Series S. Those buttons are so loud lol

So, were those rumors of a new controller with quiet buttons (might have been in those. Same rumors about a Series X redesign) launching this spring actually a thing? Or debunked? That’s my number one complaint about my Series S. Those buttons are so loud lol
I thought the exact same thing when I used mine, but the biggest culprit is that D-Pad. It's surprisingly responsive despite its shape but it's just so loud, like a very tight light switch you turn on and off constantly.

Some popular cheaper third party options like the Gamesir G7 SE have quieter buttons and D-Pad, or so I've read.

Also, it was disappointing to know I've jumped in the wagon at an inconvenient time, you cannot use unauthorized third party stuff on Series consoles anymore since a ban Micro issued recently. It's a shame because I would've liked to use my 8bitdo Ultimate Bluetooth Controller with it.

You know, I'm surprised we still haven't seen any Gears information yet.
I think the current rumor is that The Coalition is taking the extra time they need to master UE5 before showing off Gears 6. Given how long it’s been, it feels like a strong candidate for a reveal this summer.

Even though I own all three consoles (Switch, PlayStation5 and Xbox Series X), I have a soft spot this generation for the Xbox. I hope the brand gets stronger this year and I hope that hardware sells get better. Also I’m hoping the Xbox handheld is real.

I remember when Tim Schafer announced that when they got bought by Microsoft, the company help fund Psychonauts 2 and made it a better game as a result. I immediately bought an Xbox when I heard about this out of respect for Phil and his team for saving one of the best game studios out there.

Back
Top Bottom