• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroidvania |ST| Navigation Aggregation

Started Rebel transmute. So far has been good and it's on the difficult side if you really want some challenge, and I do like how they manage the healing (you get energy by hitting enemies). The power ups work similar to hollow knight charms /prince of persia amulets, but this time you can also disable even the basic ones like viewing your hud, your location in the map and even healing . The ambient is really good too, the planet really feels alive. Also those workers looks awfully similar...

h6JEftp.jpeg

Oh boi, I was wondering why the gun had recoil and sure enough, you have to use the recoil momentum to navigate some rooms if you want the collectibles since hitting the enemy resets your air dash.

Cbu5AaG.gif

Oh boi, I was wondering why the gun had recoil and sure enough, you have to use the recoil momentum to navigate some rooms if you want the collectibles since hitting the enemy resets your air dash.

Cbu5AaG.gif
ooooh this gif might get me to play this game

These Rebel Transmute GIFs are selling me on the game hard. That movement does look super fun, and I have been wanting to play more Metroidvanias when I have the time...

I beat (74%) Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown last night, which was an uneven experience. The platforming puzzles were largely great (apart from some wonky collision detection) and the ship/sea section was visually stunning, but I didn't enjoy the combat or collectible aspects. It's also not my preferred kind of Metroidvania, given that it took me almost 20 hours to beat.

Having replayed Dread a month ago. PoP TLC simply doesn't compare IMO. I have a strong preference for shorter, tighter MVs like Dread and Guacamelee, and I think PoP would have landed better as a more linear/stage-based platformer.

I beat (74%) Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown last night, which was an uneven experience. The platforming puzzles were largely great (apart from some wonky collision detection) and the ship/sea section was visually stunning, but I didn't enjoy the combat or collectible aspects. It's also not my preferred kind of Metroidvania, given that it took me almost 20 hours to beat.

Having replayed Dread a month ago. PoP TLC simply doesn't compare IMO. I have a strong preference for shorter, tighter MVs like Dread and Guacamelee, and I think PoP would have landed better as a more linear/stage-based platformer.
Despite the comparisons to Dread with how movement feels, really PoP is nothing like Dread. Dread is more Metroid in terms of combat (obviously) and a short, tight, fast experience more focused on combat in general. PoP is heavily focused on platforming and puzzle-platforming, and more Souls-like bosses. It's very much in the same vein as Hollow Knight, just putting more emphasis on platforming.

And that's what I loved about it! I'm definitely in the 'long, exploration-heavy' metroidvania camp. I got 100% on PoP in 27 hours, which felt about right. Games like Hollow Knight and Afterimage are similar lengths and they're some of my favorites (much as I still love Super Metroid and the Castlevanias). I often find myself hoping that there's more game still to come with metroidvanias that are over in <10 hours, and end up being a bit disappointed.

This is amazing but also gives me anxiety πŸ˜…

This is like for 100%ing the game, right? Not normal gameplay?

This room is testing if you have learned how the bounce and bomb jump mechanic work together since the parts where the bounce spores are have solid floor, but that collectible is necessary to upgrade weapons so you eventually have to get back to it. Also later there is a hover ability (I haven't unlocked it yet but its in the trailer) so a lot of these challenges will def. get easier with that, is really more the game taunting you if you can make it without that

Started Rebel transmute. So far has been good and it's on the difficult side if you really want some challenge, and I do like how they manage the healing (you get energy by hitting enemies). The power ups work similar to hollow knight charms /prince of persia amulets, but this time you can also disable even the basic ones like viewing your hud, your location in the map and even healing . The ambient is really good too, the planet really feels alive. Also those workers looks awfully similar...

h6JEftp.jpeg

Does this game have Vania elements or is it a true Metroid-like? (Hoping for the latter seeing as it visually looks just like GBA 2D Metroid).

Does this game have Vania elements or is it a true Metroid-like? (Hoping for the latter seeing as it visually looks just like GBA 2D Metroid).
The game page describe itself as a metroidvania, but really is more metroid like
You've mentioned the game has a charm system and weapon upgrades, right? I'd still probably call it leaning towards the Metroid side but for some people even that much is too much a deviation from the Metroid core (hence why people tend to put stuff like Hollow Knight in the Vania side)

Then again for a lot of people the distinguishing factor is "is the combat ranged or melee" so it's hard to tell

You've mentioned the game has a charm system and weapon upgrades, right? I'd still probably call it leaning towards the Metroid side but for some people even that much is too much a deviation from the Metroid core (hence why people tend to put stuff like Hollow Knight in the Vania side)

Then again for a lot of people the distinguishing factor is "is the combat ranged or melee" so it's hard to tell

I feel like Metroidvania's lean a lot into the vania aspects, and there are so few actual quality Metroid-like's out there. For me, ranged combat isn't quite such a defining factor as just not having a bunch of stuff bogging it down (ie RPG elements, upgrade paths/skill trees/sidequests, economy, tons of NPC's, etc). I just want some pure refined Metroidy goodness.

I feel like Metroidvania's lean a lot into the vania aspects, and there are so few actual quality Metroid-like's out there. For me, ranged combat isn't quite such a defining factor as just not having a bunch of stuff bogging it down (ie RPG elements, upgrade paths/skill trees/sidequests, economy, tons of NPC's, etc). I just want some pure refined Metroidy goodness.
Yeah the only "metroidvania" I can think of that leans more into Metroid than Castlevania is Axiom Verge. Not to say there aren't any (obviously I haven't played all of video games) but as a fan of the genre that one really stuck out to me as actually feeling more Metroidy. Happy that Rebel Transmute is doing so as well.

Although my thumbs are sore just looking at some of those blaster-hop videos

Yeah the only "metroidvania" I can think of that leans more into Metroid than Castlevania is Axiom Verge. Not to say there aren't any (obviously I haven't played all of video games) but as a fan of the genre that one really stuck out to me as actually feeling more Metroidy. Happy that Rebel Transmute is doing so as well.

Yeah no rpg elements here, you get your movement upgrades and the augments and thats it.

Also I forgot to mention but the game has a lot of accesibility options like slowing down the speed, take hazard damage, have infinite sparkblood (the energy to heal), a cross hair below your character so you know where are you going to land and even extra heath points, so they really took in consideration multiple levels of skill.

Also as mentioned, a lot of the challenges are more about "can I make it with my current upgrades?" and 90% of the time you can, but you can always get back once you get other upgrades to make it easier. For example the first gif I posted , you can clear that room using the gun recoil, but you later get the bounce attack which works the same but you don't have to aim and shoot, so it's way easier

Welp, there's a hardlock bug in the game, so that's it for me until they patch it. The game crashes everytime it tries to load the save file and unfortunately the cloud save was already synched so I can't go back (and I'm not the only one, someone else also had the same crash in the same area where it happens to me and based on the time, it's due to a reward delivering one of the collectibles). Gonna wait for a patch and hopefully I can continue my save. I wouldn't mind starting again but not gonna risk it until it's fixed

With that said, there is nice mechanic later in the game. You think you already mastered the shinespark? Well get prepared for...

aquatic shine spark

HEkKAnb.gif

Also I forgot to mention but the game has a lot of accesibility options like slowing down the speed, take hazard damage, have infinite sparkblood (the energy to heal), a cross hair below your character so you know where are you going to land and even extra heath points, so they really took in consideration multiple levels of skill.
Awesome. That might help me bunches.

aquatic shine spark

HEkKAnb.gif
😳

fwiw I think The Mummy Demastered is another one that leaned more Metroid than Vania in terms of gameplay (ironic, given the monster mash-y vibes that come with it being a Mummy game are definitely more Castlevania-y)

To me the defining factors of what makes it like Metroid is "are the upgrades real new abilites that are actually the core of the game's progression?", because they almost never are, and level design where navigating the areas is more involved than just getting past the enemies in each room. You need Zelda-like items and you need to be burrowing through floors or something instead of just entering doors once you get past the creatures.

Although to be fair, it's not like most games have much of the "vania" in them either, with the focus on a huge variety of different gear and abilities that defines those games. This genre is a filthy lie.

To me the defining factors of what makes it like Metroid is "are the upgrades real new abilites that are actually the core of the game's progression?", because they almost never are, and level design where navigating the areas is more involved than just getting past the enemies in each room. You need Zelda-like items and you need to be burrowing through floors or something instead of just entering doors once you get past the creatures.

Although to be fair, it's not like most games have much of the "vania" in them either, with the focus on a huge variety of different gear and abilities that defines those games. This genre is a filthy lie.
... does like, actual Metroid fit those criteria? Because I'm not sure most of the common upgrades in Metroid really fit the "Zelda like item" criteria besides maybe the ice and grapple beam (and basically every other Metroidvania has one of those). And a lot of Metroid rooms are just "get past the enemies" with the occasional more involved design - but nothing that consistently comes close to something like this year's Prince of Persia or the Ori games. But I could be remembering wrong, it's been a couple years since I've played the games

But I agree with the overall point that besides the overall structure most of the modern genre doesn't really match Metroid or Castlevania in feel. I'd say Dark Souls is probably the most prevalent inspiration, followed by Hollow Knight for post-HK games

... does like, actual Metroid fit those criteria? Because I'm not sure most of the common upgrades in Metroid really fit the "Zelda like item" criteria besides maybe the ice and grapple beam (and basically every other Metroidvania has one of those). And a lot of Metroid rooms are just "get past the enemies" with the occasional more involved design - but nothing that consistently comes close to something like this year's Prince of Persia or the Ori games. But I could be remembering wrong, it's been a couple years since I've played the games
What I mean by "Zelda-like items" is that it's something that's not just a key, but a new toy, a new game mechanic. Like Missiles, which become a backbone of the combat aside from their initial purpose of opening red doors, compared to the item that opens blue doors in SotN just by having it in your inventory, or the mist form that passes through grates so you can get into a few rooms but is of very little use otherwise. When other Metroidvanias have something like this it's usually limited to the basics like double jumps, slides, and dashes. Metroid not only has way more items than most others (the obvious example is how Hollow Knight is like five times longer than Super Metroid but has half as many important items at best), they all have to serve some sort of double function like this.

As for level design, it depends on the game how far it leans into it obviously, but something like the infamous room early on in Dread where you have to shoot out the ceiling strikes me as a distinctly Metroid thing that other games don't usually do. You have breakable walls in Castlevania, but it's purely for secret rooms.

But I agree with the overall point that besides the overall structure most of the modern genre doesn't really match Metroid or Castlevania in feel. I'd say Dark Souls is probably the most prevalent inspiration, followed by Hollow Knight for post-HK games
I think the β€˜vania’ part is the IGA ones in terms of maps being these horizontally and vertically linked rooms and corridors, and there’s still plenty of modern games that get close to that, 9 years of Shadows was the most recent one I played.

However, I agree that β€˜Dark Souls but in 2D’ is also a popular influence at this point, often adding the melancholy element and some brutal boss fights on top of exploration and opening shortcuts, like Vigil, The Last Faith, Death’s Gambit, Blasphemous etc.

Ender Lillies feels like a β€˜bit IGAvania, bit Souls’ too.

Then you get the 2D Zelda x Souls stuff, like Hunt the Night.

Funny how some games go on to influence so many others across various genres.

Last edited:
What I mean by "Zelda-like items" is that it's something that's not just a key, but a new toy, a new game mechanic. Like Missiles, which become a backbone of the combat aside from their initial purpose of opening red doors, compared to the item that opens blue doors in SotN just by having it in your inventory, or the mist form that passes through grates so you can get into a few rooms but is of very little use otherwise. When other Metroidvanias have something like this it's usually limited to the basics like double jumps, slides, and dashes. Metroid not only has way more items than most others (the obvious example is how Hollow Knight is like five times longer than Super Metroid but has half as many important items at best), they all have to serve some sort of double function like this.

As for level design, it depends on the game how far it leans into it obviously, but something like the infamous room early on in Dread where you have to shoot out the ceiling strikes me as a distinctly Metroid thing that other games don't usually do. You have breakable walls in Castlevania, but it's purely for secret rooms.
I'll be honest I don't think Metroid has a greater proportion of power ups that serve as keys + game mechanics compared to others in the genre. Like, sure you get missiles and bombs but you also get "missiles but big" and "bombs but big" and "beam but different color".

I do agree Castlevania, HK (or any of the "Soulsvanias") don't have as many impactful power ups, but I also don't think Metroid is exactly the gold standard for interesting power up design either (I'd probably give that one to the Ori games personally, but since PoP is on my mind since it's more recent, I'd also say that while it has fewer power ups the best ones are far more interesting than anything Metroid has done)

The breakable/hidden block thing is a good point though, that's pretty distinctly Metroid at least for critical path stuff. Not sure I exactly like it but I suppose it does have its merits

I usually go if the upgrades are more combat oriented or exploration oriented, like even in metroid missiles, supers, powerbombs, you can use them to kill enemies faster, but to me their actual use are the doors, hidden blocks / paths. Like if an enemy is only weak to supers most of the time you can skip them, but you are not going to be able to open doors without them. Another example is the Ice beam in SM, yes you need to kill metroids, but it's first actual use is creating platforms to ascend Brinstar's shaft (without using any advanced technique of course) and just make it easier to explore since now you have extra platforms to land if you freeze other enemies. As someone else mentioned both Axiom Verge and Rebel transmute go this way even if you have charms / npc.

Also regarding rebel transmute hardlock bug, the devs are working on a patch so hopefully I won't loose my progress!

Upgrades are interesting to me in metroidvanias because while I prefer them to be really interesting and unique, I also like to have the time to really get to use them - Hollow Knight being a good example. There aren't a ton of abilities but they are well spaced out so that you get a chance to scour the map for uses.

Dread almost went too far the other direction - I have very few complaints with Dread, but one of them would be that the game shuttles you along so quickly and almost discourages backtracking (one way doors, things closing behind you, the placement of convenient elevators, etc.) to the degree that it feels like you get a new upgrade like every 20 minutes and barely have time to use the one you just got before you get a new one.

I do agree that stuff like the SOTN 'unlock blue doors' ability sucks - it's basically a key and that's it. Some recent metroidvanias that do abilities really well are (like @NabiscoFelt said) Prince of Persia with stuff like the clone, Ender Lilies has some cool ones like the lance dash that uses momentum, Bloodstained has the 'flip everything upside-down' and the teleport ray of light which are really different, and Ori with stuff like the projectile deflection.

I'm currently playing Metroid Fusion for the first time on the NSO and I'm enjoying it. The movement and the combat is kinda clunky, especially the combat where it feels like enemies are generally much faster than Samus and it's very difficult to dodge properly, but still good nonetheless.
Metroid Dread was my first Metroid and I had an absolute blast. The movement and agility of Samus in that game is delicious.

I'll be honest I don't think Metroid has a greater proportion of power ups that serve as keys + game mechanics compared to others in the genre. Like, sure you get missiles and bombs but you also get "missiles but big" and "bombs but big" and "beam but different color".

I do agree Castlevania, HK (or any of the "Soulsvanias") don't have as many impactful power ups, but I also don't think Metroid is exactly the gold standard for interesting power up design either (I'd probably give that one to the Ori games personally, but since PoP is on my mind since it's more recent, I'd also say that while it has fewer power ups the best ones are far more interesting than anything Metroid has done)
The issue facing a lot of those abilities is that games after Super Metroid decided to just not have upgrades that weren't part of the critical path anymore. All of the beam upgrades aside from Ice were designed as just optional weapon upgrades, but later games decided they have to integrate them all into the main path and make them keys, to varying degrees of success. Super Missiles are in a similar situation where in most games their thing is being a limited high risk-reward ammo type, but Fusion and Dread just make them a damage upgrade to the normal Missiles, so they're kind of just filler there.

Also what did the Ori games have? I only played the first one, but the only especially interesting upgrade I can think of was the signature Bash ability. Everything else I remember was just it piling on as many standard platformer abilities as possible. Double jump, triple jump, high jump, wall climb (tbf this one was probably more unique when it first came out than it is now), glide... The platforming was pretty fun, my gripes with the level design and such aside, but I'd hardly call it genre-defining or anything.

On the other hand, I played Pseudoregalia recently, and while everything else about it was very meh, that was pretty much the platonic ideal of Metroidvania abilities, and a strong argument for the best 3D platforming ever made. Damn near everything past the tutorial was as impactful as getting the Bombs or the Speed Booster, it was crazy. It had nothing I'd never seen before, but the way it did abilities as old as the wall jump was completely different in an actually considered way, and there was a ton of depth and flexibility to almost every upgrade as a result (a couple do feel like optional combat upgrades that were made required in a few rooms to pad the game out a little, it's really small).

I guess I kinda forgot I bought Momodora Moonlit Farewell back in January.

So I do have another MV to play now that I've finished PoP. Moonlit Farewell was also recently patched (1.1) with new content.

I guess I kinda forgot I bought Momodora Moonlit Farewell back in January.

So I do have another MV to play now that I've finished PoP. Moonlit Farewell was also recently patched (1.1) with new content.
It was on my list but I never got around to it. Let us know what you think!

I blew through a totally different game earlier this week (Curse of the Golden Idol), so I'm back to MV-land with Momodora: Moonlit Farewell. I'm about an hour and a half in (so a bit less than a third of the way through?) and it's very chill so far. The music and aesthetics are great, and although the gameplay is pretty rote (and definitely light on meaningful upgrades, just like Reverie Under the Moonlight), it feels good to play, with meaty hitstop and screenshake.

There's also a floating mini-map that moves out of the way when Momo moves to the upper-right portion of the screen, which is a cute touch.

Crossposting from GenDisc: has anyone played SuperEpic: The Entertainment War? Pretty solid Metroidvania this is.

Has a pretty neat surprise feature that I'll tag in case people would wanna go in blind:
The whole game is about a massive corporation that takes over the world and controls people's minds through microtransaction-filled shovelware mobile games, and one of the things you do in the game is you actually have to play some of these mobile games to unlock secrets in the main game. But the way they go about it is: there are QR codes on the walls of rooms that have secrets, and if you scan them with your actual IRL mobile phone it'll take your phone to a site where you play the in-game company's mobile games, on your phone, as though they're a real thing. And completing those minigames on your phone gives you codes to unlock the secrets.

There's even a minigame that mimics bitcoin farming that you can build up and then leave running on your phone that'll generate in-game currency for buying and enhancing stats and weapons. It's wild, like a modern application of the VMU minigames concept from the Dreamcast. I'm not sure if it'd be considered AR but it's sure a neat idea they pulled off.
And aside from that additional layer of play, it's seriously just a solid search-action at its core. Really impressed with this, had a hard time putting it down to be honest.

I completed (not 111%) Momodora: Moonlit Farewell in a bit under 8 hours. It's a simple, competent, fun pixel-art action-platformer. There aren't really any Metroid-style upgrades beyond the typical double jump, wall jump, and dash abilities; there's also very little backtracking. Even though the combat and platforming are both pretty easy (especially if you make use of relic/talisman combinations, like regenerating MP + shield on heal + sacrifice HP for extra attack damage), the boss battles are impressive both mechanically as well as aesthetically. If you like what you see in the trailer/screenshots, you'll probably enjoy the game as a whole.

I'm nearing the end of star wars jedi fallen order, and I've been pretty blown away (had low expectations heading in). In a world starved of 3d metroidvanias this was a pleasant surprise. Awesome game, I very much recommend.

I'm nearing the end of star wars jedi fallen order, and I've been pretty blown away (had low expectations heading in). In a world starved of 3d metroidvanias this was a pleasant surprise. Awesome game, I very much recommend.
Agreed! It had some issues with things like giving meaningful rewards, and some other small problems but overall was pretty good. And the ending is great.

Decided to finish Rebel Transmute before returning to Unicorn Overlord with 16 hours and 92%. For me it was a solid 8. It's really just metroid like so if anyone wants a more close experience to it or Axiom Verge it's a good option. Over all the map is well designed and very colorful, there are a lot of challenging platform but as mentioned before once you start to get them movement upgrades you can overcome them easily, it just means more backtracking. There are also some hidden mechanics and the game does a good job to teaching them, but they are not necessary to complete the game. Plus the even added a not samus cameo

LlqaO6k.jpeg

As for the negatives:
  • the game curve starts on the hard level and it gets easier once you progress
  • the story is kinda weak but it's compesated with the world building
  • The critical path is waaaay too complex. There is no handholding once you finish the first area and I already see some coments of people not knowing where to go.

Decided to finish Rebel Transmute before returning to Unicorn Overlord with 16 hours and 92%. For me it was a solid 8. It's really just metroid like so if anyone wants a more close experience to it or Axiom Verge it's a good option. Over all the map is well designed and very colorful, there are a lot of challenging platform but as mentioned before once you start to get them movement upgrades you can overcome them easily, it just means more backtracking. There are also some hidden mechanics and the game does a good job to teaching them, but they are not necessary to complete the game. Plus the even added a not samus cameo

LlqaO6k.jpeg

As for the negatives:
  • the game curve starts on the hard level and it gets easier once you progress
  • the story is kinda weak but it's compesated with the world building
  • The critical path is waaaay too complex. There is no handholding once you finish the first area and I already see some coments of people not knowing where to go.

I'm probably going to try this out at some point. I can only replay Dread so many times haha.

People were talking recently about there not being enough actual Metroid-like metroidvanias out there. Well I just finished Escape from Tethys and that is one Metroid-ass metroidvania. No charms or skill trees or item shops here. Just you, lost in a hostile alien world, looking for upgrades to progress and some data logs/computer terminals to hint at a story

It's by no means the best metroidvania I've ever played; combat is pretty simplistic, I think they could have paced out "meaningful" upgrades a bit better, and it's got some bugs (at least on PC, dashing through screen transitions sometimes soft-locked the game and forced me to close out to the title screen, losing progress more than once), but I kinda appreciate how stripped-down to its core the game is. It's not doing anything fancy or overly ambitious and instead just delivers a solid 6-ish hour experience

(also I couldn't for the life of me remember how this ended up in my Steam library so I looked into it and apparently they gave it away for free at the start of the pandemic. So if you have a PC and were following Wario64 back then there's a good chance you also forgot you have this game)

Seeing the Silksong rumors heating up, if we get both Ender Magnolia and Silksong this year then it's going to be a banner year for the genre, with Prince of Persia already being out and excellent.

Anyone played Frogmonster? It's a 3D FPS Metroidvania, hearing good buzz about it.

Announced today, Gestalt: Steam and Cinder finally has a release date! May 21st, with a demo out now:

I've been looking forward to this one for a long, long time

So I think I'm more than halfway through Metroid Fusion and I'm surprised at how linear it seems to be. Your friendly AI supervisor is always telling you where to go, and it just becomes a matter of finding the correct blocks to bomb to unveil the path. The areas do connect to each other in some ways, but for the most part they're self-contained. I haven't gotten that sense of satisfaction of getting to know the map.

So I think I'm more than halfway through Metroid Fusion and I'm surprised at how linear it seems to be. Your friendly AI supervisor is always telling you where to go, and it just becomes a matter of finding the correct blocks to bomb to unveil the path. The areas do connect to each other in some ways, but for the most part they're self-contained. I haven't gotten that sense of satisfaction of getting to know the map.
Fusion is an odd beast for sure and the linearity is one of the common complaints about it.

Personally I think it adds to the sense of claustrophobia in the game, that you're being herded along a set path, trapped on a station with a mimic you're trying to avoid. But it's definitely a different beast to most Metroid games and I can see how it might not vibe with people.

As it goes on, you do get forced to go off course and find your own way forward more and more (the first hint of this comes pretty early when you're told the security stations are not marked on the map and have to find the level 2 unlock yourself), but the individual "missions" do remain pretty self-contained throughout, I guess as part of the concept behind making it a portable game. I'd say the game starts changing considerably after the meltdown sequence, when it begins to feel as though you're completely losing control of the situation on board the station. Which is roughly halfway through.

But yeah, you're never going to get that whole "interconnected world" feeling from Fusion, though to be fair that applies to at least half of the Metroids. Some of them use a hub and spokes "one level after the other" design like this, some just outright put their areas on different planets.

Full disclosure: the only other Metroid games I've played are Super Metroid (which I played for the first time three years back) and Pinball on DS.

Fusion is an odd beast for sure and the linearity is one of the common complaints about it
Yeah, I don't think linearity is bad in and of itself, it's just not the flavor I was expecting, I guess.

But yeah, you're never going to get that whole "interconnected world" feeling from Fusion, though to be fair that applies to at least half of the Metroids
Huh, interesting. I thought Metroid would be more, err, Metroidvania-esque.

In any case, I think I can recalibrate my expectations going forward. SA-X is a genuine menace lol.

Adam and the structure that comes with him generally makes Fusion my least favorite of the 2D games outside the original Metroid, though the game has grown on me with replays. Still a good game, but just yeah not a favorite.

Back
Top Bottom