• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Praise The Process

Metroid Prime 4 in the June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly a win-win. We were either gonna get the game soon on Switch or it is gonna be a even better version on Switch 2. So I'm not hurt

tJAzT6m.jpg

dread and prime are my personal favorite entries and i've even read the manga as well too while bakc it was aighty defo deserves the edgerunners treatment imo.

Ok, fill me in, what's the "process"? What kind of spicy meme am I missing?
I wouldn't call it a meme, personally. I prefer words like truth, humility, faith, and patience when describing The Process. To give ya a direct and simple answer: "Trust The Process" is a mantra that reminds us things are gonna work out just fine with Metroid Prime 4. The devs are cooking, they just need us to wait a bit longer. It'll be worth it in the end. It's gonna be a fantastic game. I fully believe that.

This brilliant bloke conveys it well. He speaks of a "gardener's mindset", because when you plant a seed, you need to be patient and Trust The Process. Your tree won't grow overnight. Great things take time to manifest. That's what this is all about.

I woulda paid full price for MPR, they just casually made the best looking game on Switch, with buttery smooth updated controls and were like 30 quid job's a goodun.
Folks saying they need a 2witch to make 4? Fuck outta here, Retro could make a goat on a smart fridge smh my head.

I woulda paid full price for MPR, they just casually made the best looking game on Switch, with buttery smooth updated controls and were like 30 quid job's a goodun.
Folks saying they need a 2witch to make 4? Fuck outta here, Retro could make a goat on a smart fridge smh my head.
Yup. I'm not tired of praising MPR's visuals yet, haha. 🥲 What a gorgeous looking game! It doesn't look amazing "for a Switch game", it simply looks amazing, period.

@AngryAlchemist Game developers in awe of Retro's Metroid Prime Remastered "miracle"? Maybe they should be, tbh. I just hope game developers won't be in awe of not being credited on the game they worked on next time.

That aside, this actually makes for the perfect opportunity for me to highlight this Reddit post by Digital_Frontiers that I saw earlier today. Please check out their Metroid Dread ArtStation gallery they've linked in the comments, because holy crap. I'm in awe of the miracle, I'm in awe of The Process. Stunning images captured on non-native hardware by someone with an amazing eye. Here's their MPR gallery.

Gonna drop a few pics.

Metroid Dread:

This one in particular I'll isolate, because it gives me a strong "Matriarch of The Process" vibe. Very heroic, very holy:

Metroid Prime Remastered:
Is this a PlayStation 6 game?

digital-frontiers-39.jpg

A warrior's face of lament. Her strength and wisdom are boundless, but she also has a heart of gold. She's endured great pain, but rather than allow her trauma to define her, she leaves an impression on the galaxy through her capacity for love, and her commitment to vanquishing evil in whatever form it may take.

digital-frontiers-41.jpg

And of course, the bastardous bloke himself. He's looking great!

digital-frontiers-46.jpg

How shiny and pretty!

digital-frontiers-ryujinx-capture-2023-02-24-20-13-40-copy.jpg

Is this a PlayStation 7 game?

digital-frontiers-59.jpg

digital-frontiers-102.jpg

Yup. I'm not tired of praising MPR's visuals yet, haha. 🥲 What a gorgeous looking game! It doesn't look amazing "for a Switch game", it simply looks amazing, period.

@AngryAlchemist Game developers in awe of Retro's Metroid Prime Remastered "miracle"? Maybe they should be, tbh. I just hope game developers won't be in awe of not being credited on the game they worked on next time.

That aside, this actually makes for the perfect opportunity for me to highlight this Reddit post by Digital_Frontiers that I saw earlier today. Please check out their Metroid Dread ArtStation gallery they've linked in the comments, because holy crap. I'm in awe of the miracle, I'm in awe of The Process. Stunning images captured on non-native hardware by someone with an amazing eye. Here's their MPR gallery.

Gonna drop a few pics.

Metroid Dread:

This one in particular I'll isolate, because it gives me a strong "Matriarch of The Process" vibe. Very heroic, very holy:

Metroid Prime Remastered:
Great points there Aurc, my brother in The Process. You raise the question of it is perhaps a Playstation 6 or Playstation 7 game due to the overwhelming beauty. May I suggest that it could be both and yet neither/cross-gen?

Great points there Aurc, my brother in The Process. You raise the question of it is perhaps a Playstation 6 or Playstation 7 game due to the overwhelming beauty. May I suggest that it could be both and yet neither/cross-gen?
Thank you sadsquid, my brother in The Process. Umbasa.

Yeah, The Process is known to work in mysterious ways. It transcends technology, really. If The Process wills it, so it will be. Constraints like MPR running on an "outdated mobile device" ultimately don't mean anything. The PlayStation 6 and 7 comments were merely my mind's crude attempt to grasp what I'm seeing.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

- Arthur C. Clarke

tumblr_inline_ot0c0kCYm71r8z4qq_400.gif

Yeah, The Process is known to work in mysterious ways. It transcends technology, really. If The Process wills it, so it will be. Constraints like MPR running on an "outdated mobile device" ultimately don't mean anything. The PlayStation 6 and 7 comments were merely my mind's crude attempt to grasp what I'm seeing.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

- Arthur C. Clarke

tumblr_inline_ot0c0kCYm71r8z4qq_400.gif
Wow, that is so very illuminating, I have much to learn of the ways of The Process. But I do know that I shall always Trust It.

@AngryAlchemist Game developers in awe of Retro's Metroid Prime Remastered "miracle"? Maybe they should be, tbh.

Thank you, and same here. At the end of the day, we are all but humble disciples, Famicomrade. #TTP
Omg.

@Metroid PLEASE come and bring the galaxy back from peace. Aurc needs to be taken care of. This dude won't stfu.

It would be a good matchup, but Samus has far, far more tools at her disposal, especially in terms of movement and traversal. No way he's making it out alive.
I don't know much about Doom Slayer's lore, as Eternal is the only Doom I've played, but Samus with Phazon and / or Metroid powers (including Energy Drain and the Kamehameha she obliterated Kraven Beak with) would surely spell trouble for the bloke. Even without those things, Samus would still have Screw Attack, Shinespark, Power Bombs, and so on. Beam stacking is no joke either, and I think the Arm Cannon in general seems like a good match against Doom Slayer's arsenal. The Power Suit is simply a huge boon in Samus's favor. Bird magic is a hell of a thing. #TTP

Samus can't even RUN in half the games. Literally all Doom slayer would have to do is walk left or right fast enough and she wouldn't be able to do a thing. MAYBE Metroid Dread Samus could come close, but then all you'd need to do is cause a small crate to explode next to her and suddenly she loses all her powers and armor.

Doom Slayer > Samus.

I don't know much about Doom Slayer's lore, as Eternal is the only Doom I've played, but Samus with Phazon and / or Metroid powers (including Energy Drain and the Kamehameha she obliterated Kraven Beak with) would surely spell trouble for the bloke. Even without those things, Samus would still have Screw Attack, Shinespark, Power Bombs, and so on. Beam stacking is no joke either, and I think the Arm Cannon in general seems like a good match against Doom Slayer's arsenal. The Power Suit is simply a huge boon in Samus's favor. Bird magic is a hell of a thing. #TTP

His lore is when people say Ninten is DOOMED, they mean the Slayer is coming for them.

Samus can't even RUN in half the games. Literally all Doom slayer would have to do is walk left or right fast enough and she wouldn't be able to do a thing. MAYBE Metroid Dread Samus could come close, but then all you'd need to do is cause a small crate to explode next to her and suddenly she loses all her powers and armor.

Doom Slayer > Samus.

You've definitely earned your tag here.

Samus can't even RUN in half the games.
Well, the Switch can barely run Doom Eternal. Samus has access to 60 FPS in Dread and Prime Remastered. Doom Slayer is sadly stuck running at 30, which makes him feel slower and more sluggish. He's moving at half the frames. Samus wins this one. See Doom Slayer in the Digital Foundry thread.

Back
Top Bottom